• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Believers Baptism

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Does this mean baptism?
You mean salvific water baptism? No. To me, it is referring to first birth (born in the flesh) and re-birth (by the Spirit).
Luke 22:19
And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Is it really His body and blood?
No, rather obviously.
Matt 16:16-18
16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Peter’s person or peter’s confession of faith?
WHAT are you asking me? Are you asking what the "rock" is in "upon this rock" —asking if it is Peter's person or Peter's confession of faith? How about neither. Why do you only present two options?
While your at it from scripture alone i would like to know the 2nd commandment

Thks
What in the world are you trying to do here? Your tone presents it as further argument, but all I can make of it is red herrings.

We both know what the second commandment is. Why do you bring it up in this context? I can only guess that whole post, previous (#98), was to demonstrate that someone has to administer the sacraments. So what? How does that mean the Catholic Church has moral authority over its members, and interpretive authority over Scriptures, and Theological authority over both its members and the Scriptures?

But don't make me guess. I don't like that. I don't need it.

Once again, OUT WITH YOUR POINT, MAN!

You mean salvific water baptism? No. To me, it is referring to first birth (born in the flesh) and re-birth (by the Spirit).

No, rather obviously.

WHAT are you asking me? Are you asking what the "rock" is in "upon this rock" —asking if it is Peter's person or Peter's confession of faith? How about neither. Why do you only present two options?

What in the world are you trying to do here? Your tone presents it as further argument, but all I can make of it is red herrings.

We both know what the second commandment is. Why do you bring it up in this context? I can only guess that whole post, previous (#98), was to demonstrate that someone has to administer the sacraments. So what? How does that mean the Catholic Church has moral authority over its members, and interpretive authority over Scriptures, and Theological authority over both its members and the Scriptures?

But don't make me guess. I don't like that. I don't need it.

Once again, OUT WITH YOUR POINT, MAN!
From scripture alone we cannot agree on what these mean, any meaning applied to scripture or interpretation would constitute “an authority” and your doctrine is that “scripture is the only authority”!

Jn 3:5 refers to baptism
No man can be justified in Christ without baptism

This is my body
Yes really

Christ blessed Peter’s person and gave the keys to peter not his confession of faith

The 2nd commandment is “thou shalt not take the Lord’s name in vain

Thks

From scripture alone we cannot agree on what these mean, any meaning applied to scripture or interpretation would constitute “an authority” and your doctrine is that “scripture is the only authority”!
Funny, that —Scripture interprets Scripture, Scripture limits and informs our understanding, not to mention that Spirit himself witnesses, convicts teaches and comforts. GOD forgives, according to Scripture, but you put all that on the priests and their betters.
Jn 3:5 refers to baptism
No man can be justified in Christ without baptism
Scripture proving that? Or even a line of logic to show it? And please, not by leading me down your trail. Just present it.
This is my body
Yes really
No, really.
Christ blessed Peter’s person and gave the keys to peter not his confession of faith
So what's the point? And where is the succession after Peter, even if was Peter? And how does keys to the Kingdom, (even if it IS only Peter and his successors), mean what you take it to mean?
The 2nd commandment is “thou shalt not take the Lord’s name in vain
"And the second is like unto it: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."

But what is your point with what you say it is?

Funny, that —Scripture interprets Scripture, Scripture limits and informs our understanding, not to mention that Spirit himself witnesses, convicts teaches and comforts. GOD forgives, according to Scripture, but you put all that on the priests and their betters.

Scripture proving that? Or even a line of logic to show it? And please, not by leading me down your trail. Just present it.

No, really.

So what's the point? And where is the succession after Peter, even if was Peter? And how does keys to the Kingdom, (even if it IS only Peter and his successors), mean what you take it to mean?

"And the second is like unto it: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."

But what is your point with what you say it is?
Jn 20:21-23 forgive sin

Jn 3:22 they went to the river and baptized

The successors are required to continue to obey the commands of Jesus till he returns matt 28-19 acts 1:8

No i want to know from scripture alone the second of the Ten Commandments please?

While your at look for “faith alone”

Thks

Where does scripture say: “scripture interprets scripture?

Back