• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Are you born again ? Then here you are...

The apostles had authority from Christ to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! Not only what they wrote and not what they taught!

The command to teach is in effect till the end when Christ returns Matt 28;19

What did Andrew, Nathaniel, or Mathias teach? (Write)

All 73 complete books?

Vs 17 “man of God” refers to an apostle not us

Are the apostles also God-breathed?
Andrew taught the same as the other apostles, namely, the teachings we have in Holy Scripture.

There are 66 books in the English Bible.

A "man of God" is someone whom the Lord has saved, not only one of the apostles.

It is Scripture that is God-breathed. The holy prophets and apostles were borne along, by the Holy Spirit, as they wrote Scripture; but, there is no guarantee for everything they said or wrote, only what is in the Bible.

Magisterium means judge!
Who judges the twelve tribes of Israel?
No, Magisterium does not mean "judge"!

Here is a Roman Catholic definition for you.

"The magisterium of the Catholic Church is the church's authority or office to give authentic interpretation of the word of God, "whether in its written form or in the form of Tradition". According to the 1992 Catechism of the Catholic Church, the task of interpretation is vested uniquely in the Pope and the bishops, though the concept has a complex history of development. Scripture and Tradition "make up a single sacred deposit of the Word of God, which is entrusted to the Church", and the magisterium is not independent of this, since "all that it proposes for belief as being divinely revealed is derived from this single deposit of faith"."

Naturally, Christians do not agree with these claims.

Explain
2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, andspeak face to face, that our joy may be full.
What's to explain? It seems self-explanatory to me. Christians then, just as now, like to see each other face-to-face and don't only communicate by letters.

Andrew taught the same as the other apostles, namely, the teachings we have in Holy Scripture.

There are 66 books in the English Bible.

A "man of God" is someone whom the Lord has saved, not only one of the apostles.

It is Scripture that is God-breathed. The holy prophets and apostles were borne along, by the Holy Spirit, as they wrote Scripture; but, there is no guarantee for everything they said or wrote, only what is in the Bible.
Not what the Bible says:
Jn 20:21-23

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

John 15:16
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Jn 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Then the are required to teach us Matt 28:19

The scripture says many of the same things of the apostolic church as it does Christ!

Light of the world: Jn 8:12 / Matt 5:14
Hear: Matt 17:5 acts 3:22 / Matt 18:17
Authority: Matt 28:17 / Jn 20:21
Reconciliation: 2 cor 5:19 / 2 cor 5:18
Forgive sins: Lk 5:20 / Jn 20:23

Truth: Jn 14:6 / 1 Tim 3:15

Jesus Christ and His church are one acts 9:4 eph 5:32 and the only means of salvation! Matt 28:19

"The magisterium of the Catholic Church is the church's authority or office to give authentic interpretation of the word of God, "whether in its written form or in the form of Tradition". According to the 1992 Catechism of the Catholic Church, the task of interpretation is vested uniquely in the Pope and the bishops, though the concept has a complex history of development. Scripture and Tradition "make up a single sacred deposit of the Word of God, which is entrusted to the Church", and the magisterium is not independent of this, since "all that it proposes for belief as being divinely revealed is derived from this single deposit of faith"."

A magistrate is a judge

Where do get authority to decide to agree or disagree?

What's to explain? It seems self-explanatory to me. Christians then, just as now, like to see each other face-to-face and don't only communicate by letters.
Not Christians John is an apostle with authority from Christ and their spiritual father

The most extensive use of ‘anothen’ is relative to what Judaism thought, Jn 3. That was that lineage was everything (cp ch 1 about born of flesh or human ancestry). Nic was told it was nothing.
There is nothing in Jn 3:3-8 to indicate that lineage was everything.
‘Anothen’ has more to do with getting back to the original idea. The Seed that would bless all nations. Not the exclusive ideas of Judaism.

Yes Christ died for all men all are redeemed

Redemption:
The redemption was accomplished by Christ with no participation on our part. All mankind is redeemed.
Lk 2:11 Jn 1:29 rm 5:8 1 pet 1:21-23

Justification:
then if we accept His redemption we are justified, born again by faith and baptism
Then not all men are redeemed. Only the ones who accept it. That is an oxymoron.

How about this. The scope of the atonement was great enough and was extended to all mankind no matter where they lived, who they were, there nationality, of ethnicity, age or anything else, but it was intended for only those who believe. In which case those who believe must be already known by God and predestined by Him to believe, before Christ died for them. "All whom the Father has given Me will come to Me." "Many are called (hear the gospel) but few are chosen."

Every Christian has the mandate to test all things.
He's not a Roman Catholic, David. He does not know what the Magesterium is, but he knows it is a judge. He's playing games here. Probably an atheist doing research or something. Certainly not born again.

He's not a Roman Catholic, David. He does not know what the Magesterium is, but he knows it is a judge. He's playing games here. Probably an atheist doing research or something. Certainly not born again.
I'm not sure what he is, but I'll keep my eyes open.

Every Christian has the mandate to test all things.
That still don’t make you the way the truth and the life!

Christ and his church are truth and the pillar of truth

Don’t recall pride presumption and arrogance being the virtues of Jesus Christ!

The nature of pride is rebellion

We are required to believe what the church teaches, to reject a truth revealed by God is unlawful and
forbidden

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13) one faith (eph 4:5) the faith delivered to the apostles (Jude 1:3)

Otherwise we fall under the condemnation of scripture!
2 pet 3:16

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!
1 Tim 3:15

The TWO EDGE SWORD!
To proclaim the truth! Matt 28:19
To condemn error! 1 cor 16:22

Online source.

Third, 2 Corinthians 5:21, "He [God] made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him." Here we have a double imputation. God imputed our sins to Christ who knew no sin. And God imputed his righteousness to us who had no righteousness of our own.

Our sins are on Christ.

And we are made right before God...as a child of his...Born Again.

Back