• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Are you born again ? Then here you are...

By the way, the Bible never reverses water baptism and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. The baptism of the Holy Spirit always happens first before water baptism is "administered". If you are trying to argue that Water Baptism is a requirement for "good works" that are necessary to get to heaven before you die, you still have to deal with the fact that billions of people for the last 2000 years were baptised by the Spirit before they were water baptised and not the other way around.
One baptism eph 4:5
Christian sacrament of baptism

Why do you believe that water baptism produces the good works that lead to heaven?
Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church yo teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

We must be united to Christ the only mediator of the covenant by the grace of God received by faith and baptism, abide in Christ. Jn 15:1-5 continue in faith Jn 3:16 perpetual state of believing and suffer with Christ Matt 10:38 16:48 col 1:24 Phil 1:29 enduring unto the end. Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13
Not glorified unless suffering with Christ rom 8:17 2 Tim 2:12
Thanks

Have you ever thought about the Italian Mafia gangsters that are Catholics who were "born again" by water baptism as a new born infant at church, and how their lifestyles aren't producing any good works to lead to heaven?
They have fallen from grace, they have free will to choose to be saints or sinners, do you think someone who is born again cannot be lost?
Thanks

A) "It does not suffice to believe. He who believes and is not yet baptized, but is only a Catechumen, has not yet fully acquired salvation." St. Thomas Aquinas

B) "Now, even the Catechumen believes in the Cross of the Lord Jesus, but unless he be baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, he cannot receive remission of his sins nor the gift of spiritual grace." St. Ambrose

C) "Without the Sacrament of Baptism, no one is ever justified. If anyone says that Baptism is optional, that is, not necessary for salvation: let him be anathema." Council of Trent

D)
“There are three ways in which sins are forgiven: in baptism, in prayer, and in the greater humility of penance; yet God does not forgive sins except to the baptized” (Sermons to Catechumens on the Creed 7:15 [A.D. 395]).
St. AUGUSTINE

E) “As many as are persuaded and believe that what we [Christians] teach and say is true, and undertake to be able to live accordingly . . . are brought by us where there is water, and are regenerated in the same manner in which we were ourselves regenerated. For, in the name of God, the Father and Lord of the universe, and of our Savior Jesus Christ, and of the Holy Spirit, they then receive the washing with water. For Christ also said, ‘Except you be born again, you shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven’ [John 3:3]” (First Apology 61 [A.D. 151]).
JUSTIN MARTYR

TERTULLIAN
“Happy is our sacrament of water, in that, by washing away the sins of our early blindness, we are set free and admitted into eternal life. . . . [But] a viper of the [Gnostic] Cainite heresy, lately conversant in this quarter, has carried away a great number with her most venomous doctrine, making it her first aim to destroy baptism—which is quite in accordance with nature, for vipers and.asps . . . themselves generally do live in arid and waterless places. But we, little fishes after the example of our [Great] Fish, Jesus Christ, are born in water, nor have we safety in any other way than by permanently abiding in water. So that most monstrous creature, who had no right to teach even sound doctrine, knew full well how to kill the little fishes—by taking them away from the water!” (Baptism 1 [A.D. 203]).

“Without baptism, salvation is attainable by none” (ibid., 12).

ORIGEN
“It is not possible to receive forgiveness of sins without baptism” (Exhortation to the Martyrs 30 [A.D. 235]).

CYRIL OF JERUSALEM
“If any man does not receive baptism, he does not have salvation.

St. AUGUSTINE
“There are three ways in which sins are forgiven: in baptism, in prayer, and in the greater humility of penance; yet God does not forgive sins except to the baptized” (Sermons to Catechumens on the Creed 7:15 [A.D. 395]).

POPE LEO I
“And because of the transgression of the first man, the whole stock of the human race was tainted; no one can be set free from the state of the old Adam save through Christ’s sacrament of baptism, in which there are no distinctions between the reborn, as the apostle [Paul] says, ‘For as many of you as were baptized in Christ did put on Christ; there is neither Jew nor Greek . . . ‘ [Gal. 3:27–28]” (Letters 15:10[11] [A.D. 445]).

FULGENTIUS OF RUSPE
“From that time at which our Savior said, ‘If anyone is not reborn of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven’ [John 3:5], no one can, without the sacrament of baptism, except those who, in the Catholic Church, without baptism, pour out their blood for Christ, receive the kingdom of heaven and life eternal” (The Rule of Faith 43 [A.D. 524]).

Irenaeus
He [Jesus] came to save all through himself – all, I say, who through him are reborn in God; INFANTS, and children, and youths, and old men. Therefore he passed through every age, becoming an INFANT for INFANTS, sanctifying INFANTS; a child for children, sanctifying those who are of that age . . . [so that] he might be the perfect teacher in all things, perfect not only in respect to the setting forth of truth, perfect also in respect to relative age (Against Heresies 2:22:4 [A.D. 189]).

Hippolytus
Baptize first the children, and if they can speak for themselves let them do so. Otherwise, let their parents or other relatives speak for them (The Apostolic Tradition 21:16 [A.D.215]).

Origen
THE CHURCH RECEIVED FROM THE APOSTLES the tradition of giving baptism even to infants. The APOSTLES, to whom were committed the secrets of divine sacraments, knew there is in everyone innate strains of [original] sin, which must be washed away through water and the Spirit (Commentaries on Romans 5:9 [A.D. 248]).

Cyprian
As to what pertains to the case of INFANTS: You [Fidus] said that they ought not to be baptized within the second or third day after their birth, that the old law of circumcision must be taken into consideration, and that you did not think that one should be baptized and sanctified within the eighth day after his birth. In our council it seemed to us far otherwise. No one agreed to the course which you thought should be taken. Rather, we all judge that the mercy and grace of God ought to be denied to no man born" (Letters 64:2 [A.D. 253]).

Augustine
It is this one Spirit who makes it possible for an infant to be regenerated . . . when that INFANT is brought to baptism; and it is through this one Spirit that the infant so presented is reborn. For it is not written, "Unless a man be born again by the will of his parents" or "by the faith of those presenting him or ministering to him," but, "Unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Spirit." The water, therefore, manifesting exteriorly the sacrament of grace, and the Spirit effecting interiorly the benefit of grace, both regenerate in one Christ that man who was generated in Adam (Letters 98:2 [A.D. 408]).

Not too sure what that has to do with the following:

Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world (Jn 18:36),
that is was a spiritual kingdom, invisible and within (Lk 17:20-21) the hearts where he reigns and rules,
and that is is here now (Mt 12:28, Lk 11:20).

It being an everlasting kingdom (Lk 1:33), there is no second one to come.
Scripture also say we are not of this world but we are in this world so is the kingdom
The church is the new covenant kingdom new Jerusalem household of faith and the vineyard
Thanks

NOW - consider the overall context of the passage. It juxtaposes the "Natural man" with the SPIRITUAL MAN consequently "Water" has nothing top do with "Baptism by immersion" and everything to do with "Natural birth". To claim otherwise opposes the context of the passage.

Personally, I was Baptized by immersion in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit 4 days after I was Born again (Baptists like to get it done expeditiously). And of course NOTHING changed (except my clothes, which were wet).

BUT HEY!!! The Church said that after you were Born Again, you should be immersed, so I was. Simple as that. I was "Born Again" going into the tank, and wasn't any MORE "Born again" coming out, but I had the 'religious ceremony" out of the way, and that was personally satisfying.

John's baptism SAVED NOBODY. It was a baptism of REPENTANCE. "Repentance" doesnt't have anything to do with SIN. It just means to "Change direstion". Jesus "Repented" of His present lifestyle (head of Mary's family in Joseph's absence, and maybe also a carpenter/woodworker), and walked out as a full-time minister of the Gospel on the way to his death which opened the possibility of salvation for us all.
So how are we spiritually reborn by WATER AND THE SPIRIT?

Not an ordinance not an obedience but the fulfillment of God’s promise a sacrament required to enter the kingdom Jn 3:5 2 pet 1:11

Acts 2:38:39
Ez 36:25
Thanks

Scripture does not say obedience.
If Philip preached “accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” (fundamentalist tradition not scripture) why does the eunuch want to be baptized?
How does the eunuch even know about baptism?
Baptism is a command. Obeying a command is, by definition, obedience.

Acts 2:38,39 (MKJV)
38 Then Peter said to them, Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ to remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all those afar off, as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Note the order here:
1) Repent (turn from sin to God)
2) Be baptised

I don't use expressions like "accept Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour", since they are unscriptural.

The Eunuch believed in the Lord Jesus Christ with all his heart, so he was eligible to be baptised. He'd clearly heard about it, or seen it (or both), prior to asking for it.

Baptism is a command. Obeying a command is, by definition, obedience.

Acts 2:38,39 (MKJV)
38 Then Peter said to them, Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ to remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all those afar off, as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Note the order here:
1) Repent (turn from sin to God)
2) Be baptised

I don't use expressions like "accept Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour", since they are unscriptural.

The Eunuch believed in the Lord Jesus Christ with all his heart, so he was eligible to be baptised. He'd clearly heard about it, or seen it (or both), prior to asking for it.
Believers baptism makes baptism meaningless and unnecessary

Believers baptism makes baptism meaningless and unnecessary
Why? Because you say so?

You'll need to do MUCH better than that, especially since the Bible tells us to repent and be baptised (infants cannot demonstrate repentance, so baptism doesn't apply to them).

Why? Because you say so?

You'll need to do MUCH better than that, especially since the Bible tells us to repent and be baptised (infants cannot demonstrate repentance, so baptism doesn't apply to them).
Then infants aren’t required to do so, but still need God and His grace in baptism

Adults cannot be saved without baptism that’s not only scripture by Christ’s eternal words Matt 28:19 Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5

If I’m already saved why would I care about baptism or any other practice? (Prayer, fasting, alms etc)

The Christian life ends with salvation, it does not start with salvation!

Rom 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
1 pet 1:9
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
Mk 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Matt 24:13
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Thanks

Then infants aren’t required to do so, but still need God and His grace in baptism

Adults cannot be saved without baptism that’s not only scripture by Christ’s eternal words Matt 28:19 Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5
Infants cannot make a profession of repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, so they cannot fulfil the pre-requisites for being baptised.

Was the thief on the cross baptised? No, but he was certainly saved.

If I’m already saved why would I care about baptism or any other practice? (Prayer, fasting, alms etc)
Your question is indicative of extreme selfishness. Once someone has been given a new, soft heart/spirit (Ez. 36:26,27), he WANTS to please the Lord, because he loves the Lord, not in order to get salvation.

The Christian life ends with salvation, it does not start with salvation!

Rom 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.
1 pet 1:9
Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
Mk 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Matt 24:13
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Thanks
Salvation is one of those "now-but-not-yet" things. We have been saved, we are saved and we shall be saved.

Infants cannot make a profession of repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, so they cannot fulfil the pre-requisites for being baptised.

Your question is indicative of extreme selfishness. Once someone has been given a new, soft heart/spirit (Ez. 36:26,27), he WANTS to please the Lord, because he loves the Lord, not in order to get salvation.

Salvation is one of those "now-but-not-yet" things. We have been saved, we are saved and we shall be saved.
I know you are trying here, but I don't think donadams speaks the same language and constantly repeats himself without learning. It seems like a waste of time trying to engage with him. I tried and I failed. I hope you have some success.

I know you are trying here, but I don't think donadams speaks the same language and constantly repeats himself without learning. It seems like a waste of time trying to engage with him. I tried and I failed. I hope you have some success.
We can but try.

Extreme selfishness that’s my problem with your beliefs, there is no practical religion, I got mine later!

Love of God and charity? Don’t see that in the sola’s

The thief on the cross does not apply the death of the savior begins the new covenant
The other thief ask Jesus to save him is he saved too?

All four groups in the parable of the sower had faith are the all saved or only those who allowed God’s grace to bear fruit in their life?

Still no answer to these questions???

Thanks

“Faith alone” Questions

where does ez 36: 25:27 Say “faith alone”?

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

1 pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.

How can salvation happen when we first believed if it’s the end?

If salvation is by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!
1 cor 13:13 charity is the greatest!

Even all faith much less “faith alone” without charity avails nothing!
1 cor 13:2

Lk 8
The parable of the sower, all four had faith are they all not saved?

Lk 23:39 did not the bad thief say; save us? “Faith alone”?

Lk 18:14
Why did the publican not mention Jesus Christ or make a profession of belief, but prayer and virtue!

Why must we also suffer?
Faith alone not enough”?

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29 not called to believe alone but also to suffer for Christ’s sake.

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matt 24:13 endures “in Christ” to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Where does it say “faith alone”?

“Faith alone” ain’t biblical!

Extreme selfishness that’s my problem with your beliefs, there is no practical religion, I got mine later!

Love of God and charity? Don’t see that in the sola’s

The thief on the cross does not apply the death of the savior begins the new covenant
The other thief ask Jesus to save him is he saved too?

All four groups in the parable of the sower had faith are the all saved or only those who allowed God’s grace to bear fruit in their life?

Still no answer to these questions???

Thanks

“Faith alone” Questions

where does ez 36: 25:27 Say “faith alone”?

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

1 pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.

How can salvation happen when we first believed if it’s the end?

If salvation is by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!
1 cor 13:13 charity is the greatest!

Even all faith much less “faith alone” without charity avails nothing!
1 cor 13:2

Lk 8
The parable of the sower, all four had faith are they all not saved?

Lk 23:39 did not the bad thief say; save us? “Faith alone”?

Lk 18:14
Why did the publican not mention Jesus Christ or make a profession of belief, but prayer and virtue!

Why must we also suffer?
Faith alone not enough”?

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29 not called to believe alone but also to suffer for Christ’s sake.

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matt 24:13 endures “in Christ” to the end shall be saved.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Where does it say “faith alone”?

“Faith alone” ain’t biblical!
The thief on the cross died after Jesus died. And you don't have a good reason for asserting your position on the thief on the cross anyway.

The thief on the cross died after Jesus died. And you don't have a good reason for asserting your position on the thief on the cross anyway.
He was promised paradise before Christ died so he died under the mosaic covenant and by it’s requirements not the new covenant
Faith and baptism
Thanks

Was the publican justified by humility and prayer? God have mercy on me a poor sinner?

How do we put on Christ?

How do we obtain mercy?

Thanks

If it’s all God then would it not be injustice to not make all men born again?
Not unless one thinks they can tell God what is just and what is unjust.

You could just as easily say it is unjust of God to make one's salvation contingent upon those who consider Him their enemy deciding to believe something they do not believe. And that would be weird and counterproductive to the max though a lot of people believe that is what He does.

You see, no one takes God's choices away from Him and no one tells God what He must do in order for them to like Him more or in order for Him to meet their idea of justice. He does as He pleases and what He does is always good and perfect for He is good and perfect. The unsaved to do not go to hell unjustly but they are the ones who receive justice.

The one's Jesus went to the cross to purchase for the Father with His blood----they receive mercy because Jesus paid the price of their justification for them.

He was promised paradise before Christ died so he died under the mosaic covenant and by it’s requirements not the new covenant
Faith and baptism
Thanks

Was the publican justified by humility and prayer? God have mercy on me a poor sinner?

How do we put on Christ?

How do we obtain mercy?

Thanks
But you already said he died under the old covenant and I pointed out that Jesus died before he died, so it wasn't under the old covenant at that point.

You can't answer anything at all.

Not unless one thinks they can tell God what is just and what is unjust.

You could just as easily say it is unjust of God to make one's salvation contingent upon those who consider Him their enemy deciding to believe something they do not believe. And that would be weird and counterproductive to the max though a lot of people believe that is what He does.

You see, no one takes God's choices away from Him and no one tells God what He must do in order for them to like Him more or in order for Him to meet their idea of justice. He does as He pleases and what He does is always good and perfect for He is good and perfect. The unsaved to do not go to hell unjustly but they are the ones who receive justice.

The one's Jesus went to the cross to purchase for the Father with His blood----they receive mercy because Jesus paid the price of their justification for them.
No way
Christ is the redeemer of the whole world! Jn 3:16 Jn 1:29 Lk 2:10-11

God gives sufficient grace for the salvation of all men, 2 pet 3:9

Back