• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Are you born again ? Then here you are...

But you already said he died under the old covenant and I pointed out that Jesus died before he died, so it wasn't under the old covenant at that point.

You can't answer anything at all.
It’s not public until the proclamation of the gospel at Pentecost

Lk 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

Was he saved also?

Extreme selfishness that’s my problem with your beliefs, there is no practical religion, I got mine later!
Then I would urge you to renounce your extreme selfishness and, instead, desire to please the Lord because you love him, not just because you want to be saved.

Love of God and charity? Don’t see that in the sola’s
If you don't see the love of God in the Solas, then you are not looking properly.

The thief on the cross does not apply the death of the savior begins the new covenant
The other thief ask Jesus to save him is he saved too?
Jesus died before the thieves beside him; so thanks for confirming that the NC had begun.

Only one of the thieves asked Jesus to remember him.

All four groups in the parable of the sower had faith are the all saved or only those who allowed God’s grace to bear fruit in their life?
This is wrong. Only the fourth group (the good ground), in the parable of the sower had genuine faith. By their fruit you will know them.

Still no answer to these questions???
You've only just asked me!

“Faith alone” Questions

where does ez 36: 25:27 Say “faith alone”?
What kind of ludicrous question is that? Are you in the habit of asking questions about subjects that the mentioned verses do not address?

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?
Another daft question.

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?
It's clear that you don't have the first clue as to what "faith alone" refers to. I suggest that read up about it, so that you stop asking nonsense questions.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?
See my answer above.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?
Justification is only one element of salvation; however, Scripture does say that we are saved through faith, not works. Since the only options are faith or works, this means that we are saved through faith alone.

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
1 Pet. 3:21 There is also an anti-type that now saves us: immersion (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the earnest seeking of a good conscience towards God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

The earnest seeking of a good conscience towards God, is done by faith. This is the means by which God saves, not the immersion (baptism), which is merely an outward symbol.

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?
Genuine faith results in works; in fact, that is one of the tests to see if the faith is genuine.

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”
2 Pet. 1:11 is nothing to do with baptism! It's about testing yourself, to be sure that you are, in fact, one of those whom God has elected and called.

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?
Faith in Jesus Christ is a result of being born again.

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is found in scripture?
I don't use that expression, so stop asking me about it.

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.
Baptism (immersion) is to be done as soon as possible after being saved, partly as a public testimony of what the Lord has done in your life. You go down into the water, as a symbol of dying with Christ. You are under the water, as a symbol of being dead with him. You then rise up, out of the water, as a symbol of having risen with him, in newness of life.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
That is not water baptism, but baptism in the Holy Spirit. The "by", in the translation you've quoted, is "by means of", not that the Holy Spirit is the baptiser.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Baptism in the Holy Spirit, of which water baptism is a symbol.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???
Being saved results in good works, including obeying the command to be baptised (immersed).

When we first believed we are saved?
Yes, of course.

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?
You're not resurrected yet, are you? Your spirit is saved, if you have been born of God, but your body is not saved until the resurrection.

1 pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
Being finally delivered from this body of death (our flesh) is the culmination of the salvation that we already have.

Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.
Out of context - this refers to being saved from tribulation.

How can salvation happen when we first believed if it’s the end?
See above.

If salvation is by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!
1 cor 13:13 charity is the greatest!
Salvation is through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone, to the glory of God alone; however, you cannot have genuine faith without love and love is greater.

Even all faith much less “faith alone” without charity avails nothing!
1 cor 13:2
Genuine faith is always accompanied by love: that is one of the tests for genuine faith.

Lk 8
The parable of the sower, all four had faith are they all not saved?
Only the good soil had genuine faith.

Lk 23:39 did not the bad thief say; save us? “Faith alone”?
That was a sarcastic remark, asking to be saved from the cross.

Lk 18:14
Why did the publican not mention Jesus Christ or make a profession of belief, but prayer and virtue!
Genuine faith results in humility, which the publican displayed.

Why must we also suffer?
Faith alone not enough”?
Suffering is part of God's plan for our lives. Our faith will be to God's glory, in such situations.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29 not called to believe alone but also to suffer for Christ’s sake.
See above.

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Evidence of lack of faith.

Matt 24:13 endures “in Christ” to the end shall be saved.
Eisegesis - you have added "in Christ", changing the contextual meaning.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Where does it say “faith alone”?

“Faith alone” ain’t biblical!
Once you obtain a clue, please let us all know.

No way
Christ is the redeemer of the whole world! Jn 3:16 Jn 1:29 Lk 2:10-11

God gives sufficient grace for the salvation of all men, 2 pet 3:9

Is the whole world redeemed?

Is God going to wait and be patient in withholding His judgement 2 Peter until His desire for all to be saved comes to pass? Are there already some residing in hell or not? Did they thwart God's will, override His desires? Do you have any more proof texts that are isolated from the whole counsel of God to form a false doctrine one likes better than the other one that "violates" that precious freewill?

Tell me if you know.

It’s not public until the proclamation of the gospel at Pentecost

Lk 23:39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

Was he saved also?
Where was the thief that Jesus spoke to on the cross between his death and Pentecost?

Is the whole world redeemed?

Is God going to wait and be patient in withholding His judgement 2 Peter until His desire for all to be saved comes to pass? Are there already some residing in hell or not? Did they thwart God's will, override His desires? Do you have any more proof texts that are isolated from the whole counsel of God to form a false doctrine one likes better than the other one that "violates" that precious freewill?

Tell me if you know.
Yes Christ died for all men all are redeemed

Redemption:
The redemption was accomplished by Christ with no participation on our part. All mankind is redeemed.
Lk 2:11 Jn 1:29 rm 5:8 1 pet 1:21-23

Justification:
then if we accept His redemption we are justified, born again by faith and baptism. Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 8:36 Titus 3:5 1 pet 3:21

Sanctification:
Members of Christ and his church by grace we practice good works (prayer, alms, fasting, virtues charity, suffering other sacraments etc. until death. Phil 1:29

At the hour of death separation from the grace of God by apostasy / rejection of Christ or failing to repent of serious sin a man is lost in damnation! Or

Salvation:
Is for those who are faithful and die in the grace of God united to Christ and in his saints at death enter into eternal salvation! Mk 13:13 Matt 24:13

Titus 2:14
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, (redemption) and purify unto himself a peculiar people, (justification / baptism notice purify / wash) Jn 3:5 zealous of good works. (Sanctification) Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.
(Salvation)

Glorification:

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Justification and salvation are not the same rom 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Then I would urge you to renounce your extreme selfishness and, instead, desire to please the Lord because you love him, not just because you want to be saved.

If you don't see the love of God in the Solas, then you are not looking properly.

Jesus died before the thieves beside him; so thanks for confirming that the NC had begun.

Only one of the thieves asked Jesus to remember him.

This is wrong. Only the fourth group (the good ground), in the parable of the sower had genuine faith. By their fruit you will know them.

You've only just asked me!

What kind of ludicrous question is that? Are you in the habit of asking questions about subjects that the mentioned verses do not address?

Another daft question.

It's clear that you don't have the first clue as to what "faith alone" refers to. I suggest that read up about it, so that you stop asking nonsense questions.

See my answer above.

Justification is only one element of salvation; however, Scripture does say that we are saved through faith, not works. Since the only options are faith or works, this means that we are saved through faith alone.

1 Pet. 3:21 There is also an anti-type that now saves us: immersion (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the earnest seeking of a good conscience towards God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

The earnest seeking of a good conscience towards God, is done by faith. This is the means by which God saves, not the immersion (baptism), which is merely an outward symbol.

Genuine faith results in works; in fact, that is one of the tests to see if the faith is genuine.

2 Pet. 1:11 is nothing to do with baptism! It's about testing yourself, to be sure that you are, in fact, one of those whom God has elected and called.

Faith in Jesus Christ is a result of being born again.

I don't use that expression, so stop asking me about it.

Baptism (immersion) is to be done as soon as possible after being saved, partly as a public testimony of what the Lord has done in your life. You go down into the water, as a symbol of dying with Christ. You are under the water, as a symbol of being dead with him. You then rise up, out of the water, as a symbol of having risen with him, in newness of life.

That is not water baptism, but baptism in the Holy Spirit. The "by", in the translation you've quoted, is "by means of", not that the Holy Spirit is the baptiser.

Baptism in the Holy Spirit, of which water baptism is a symbol.

Being saved results in good works, including obeying the command to be baptised (immersed).

Yes, of course.

You're not resurrected yet, are you? Your spirit is saved, if you have been born of God, but your body is not saved until the resurrection.

Being finally delivered from this body of death (our flesh) is the culmination of the salvation that we already have.

Out of context - this refers to being saved from tribulation.

See above.

Salvation is through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone, to the glory of God alone; however, you cannot have genuine faith without love and love is greater.

Genuine faith is always accompanied by love: that is one of the tests for genuine faith.

Only the good soil had genuine faith.

That was a sarcastic remark, asking to be saved from the cross.

Genuine faith results in humility, which the publican displayed.

Suffering is part of God's plan for our lives. Our faith will be to God's glory, in such situations.

See above.

Evidence of lack of faith.

Eisegesis - you have added "in Christ", changing the contextual meaning.

Once you obtain a clue, please let us all know.
You right about motives we must practice the virtues of Jesus Christ
Especially humility and charity

I did not say I was selfish, I said “if” and it’s an impossible if, if I thought I was saved then I would not care, as the self-appointed tv evangelists say: you said the sinners prayer, you are saved, there is nothing more you need to do! (Except tithe of course)

We cannot decide truth or faith for ourselves we must be taught

Our faith and religion are not discovered but revealed by God

Christians must be taught or instructed, according to the sense which the perpetual consent of the Catholic Church hath held and expressed!

Lk 1:4
Matt 28:19
Jn 20:21
Acts 8:31
Colossians 2:7
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

No Christian has the authority to read scripture for yourself and decide your own doctrines or beliefs! “One faith” Eph 4:5 Thee faith once handed to the saints” Jude 1:3

Example of Paul who knew the scriptures but was not converted by them!

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!

But in reality was a spiritual tyrant!

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Then the risen Christ appeared!
The blinding light of truth prevailed!

Thanks

-
"I am the righteousness of God...In Christ"

"I am the righteousness of God...In Christ'

"i am seated in heavenly places, in Christ".........right now.

I am..... "As Jesus is, so are the born again, in THIS World".......... right now.

I am. "one with God".... now and forever.....= Having Eternal life.

See all that?
You are all that, you have all that... and more...if you are BORN AGAIN.

LOOK>.

1.) Heir of God
2.) Joint Heir with Jesus
3.) Temple of the Holy Spirit
4.) Bone of Jesus's bone and flesh of Jesus's Flesh
5.) Son/Daughter of God
6.) Made Righteous
7.) Translated from Darkness. TO LIGHT.
8.) BORN AGAIN

And there is more..

Jesus is the """LIGHT OF THE WORD""... and "" God exists in LIGHT".... and the born again are "Children of the LIGHT"".

We are already IN the Kingdom of God, as THEY are the KOG< and we are "IN CHRIST", and "one with God"
See yourself?

That is How God sees us all who are born again.

See that MIND?
That BELIEF?
"That Knowledge of God" that is our "renewed mind"?

That's the renewed mind., and if you have it, then you are this..

= "As many as be Perfect".

That is not about Behavior, that is about REVELATION KNOWLEDGE.... = "the renewed mind".

God help you to see it.

The most extensive use of ‘anothen’ is relative to what Judaism thought, Jn 3. That was that lineage was everything (cp ch 1 about born of flesh or human ancestry). Nic was told it was nothing.

‘Anothen’ has more to do with getting back to the original idea. The Seed that would bless all nations. Not the exclusive ideas of Judaism.

You right about motives we must practice the virtues of Jesus Christ
Especially humility and charity

I did not say I was selfish, I said “if” and it’s an impossible if, if I thought I was saved then I would not care, as the self-appointed tv evangelists say: you said the sinners prayer, you are saved, there is nothing more you need to do! (Except tithe of course)

We cannot decide truth or faith for ourselves we must be taught

Our faith and religion are not discovered but revealed by God

Christians must be taught or instructed, according to the sense which the perpetual consent of the Catholic Church hath held and expressed!

Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

No Christian has the authority to read scripture for yourself and decide your own doctrines or beliefs! “One faith” Eph 4:5 Thee faith once handed to the saints” Jude 1:3

Example of Paul who knew the scriptures but was not converted by them!

Saul thought he was doing the will of God and acting righteously with correct faith!

But in reality was a spiritual tyrant!

Acts 9:1 And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

6 And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise, and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I have heard by many of this man, how much evil he hath done to thy saints at Jerusalem:

Then the risen Christ appeared!
The blinding light of truth prevailed!

Thanks
If all you want to do is believe what the so-called "Magisterium" tells you to believe, then there is little point in you discussing anything with anyone here.

If you are willing to search the Scriptures and pray for wisdom yourself, being open to listen, not just spout Magisterium propaganda, then that's different.

If all you want to do is believe what the so-called "Magisterium" tells you to believe, then there is little point in you discussing anything with anyone here.

If you are willing to search the Scriptures and pray for wisdom yourself, being open to listen, not just spout Magisterium propaganda, then that's different.
Where does scripture give us this bold authority to decide truth and decide our own faith?

Eph 4:5 one faith
Jude 1:3 delivered or revealed to the church
Do you ever read scripture or just emote?

We must accept the apostolic churches perpetual teaching and the meaning of the church founded by Christ.

Doctrines are to be understood in that sense which the perpetual consent of the Catholic Church hath held and expressed it.

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13) one faith (eph 4:5) the faith delivered to the apostles (Jude 1:3)

Otherwise we fall under the condemnation of scripture!
2 pet 3:16

Believe ye this?

It is ugly pride to say “I” and I alone am the sole arbiter of truth!

Jn 14:6 / 1 Tim 3:15
Christ and His church alone have authority to teach truth and divine faith!

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!
1 Tim 3:15
Thanks

Magisterium
Curious you would use that word, what does it mean?
Thanks

Where does scripture give us this bold authority to decide truth and decide our own faith?

Eph 4:5 one faith
Jude 1:3 delivered or revealed to the church
Do you ever read scripture or just emote?

We must accept the apostolic churches perpetual teaching and the meaning of the church founded by Christ.

Doctrines are to be understood in that sense which the perpetual consent of the Catholic Church hath held and expressed it.

Truth must be revealed by God thru Christ to His church (the apostles Jude 1:3) then must be proposed by the church, (Matt 28:19 gal 3:23) without error by the Holy Spirit! (Jn 16:13) one faith (eph 4:5) the faith delivered to the apostles (Jude 1:3)

Otherwise we fall under the condemnation of scripture!
2 pet 3:16

Believe ye this?

It is ugly pride to say “I” and I alone am the sole arbiter of truth!

Jn 14:6 / 1 Tim 3:15
Christ and His church alone have authority to teach truth and divine faith!

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!
1 Tim 3:15
Thanks
Let me ask you something: how do you know that the teachings from the "Magisterium" are what they are claimed to be? Have you tested them against what the Bible says (we are commanded to test all things)?

Who told you that the "Magisterium's" teachings are infallible, and that they are the successors of the original apostles? Oh, yes, that would be the "Magisterium" who told you.

We each have a personal responsibility, before God, for what we believe and tell others. We can't use the "I was only obeying orders." excuse, as the Nazis tried, in the Nuremberg Trials. It won't wash with God.

Magisterium
Curious you would use that word, what does it mean?
Thanks
If you are Roman Catholic, you ought to know. It refers to the alleged teaching authority of Roman Catholicism, residing in its Bishops.

Let me ask you something: how do you know that the teachings from the "Magisterium" are what they are claimed to be? Have you tested them against what the Bible says (we are commanded to test all things)?

Who told you that the "Magisterium's" teachings are infallible, and that they are the successors of the original apostles? Oh, yes, that would be the "Magisterium" who told you.

We each have a personal responsibility, before God, for what we believe and tell others. We can't use the "I was only obeying orders." excuse, as the Nazis tried, in the Nuremberg Trials. It won't wash with God.
Why does it need be in scripture?
Where does scripture say “all the truths” revealed by Christ are in scripture?
Scripture requires “apostolic tradition” by the authority of Christ!
Thanks

If you are Roman Catholic, you ought to know. It refers to the alleged teaching authority of Roman Catholicism, residing in its Bishops.
Yes but what does magisterium mean?
Magistrate/ judge?

Why does it need be in scripture?
Where does scripture say “all the truths” revealed by Christ are in scripture?
Scripture requires “apostolic tradition” by the authority of Christ!
Thanks
The apostolic traditions are in the Scriptures. We have them in the writings of Paul, James, Peter, etc..

2 Tim. 3:16,17 (WEB)
16 Every Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Being complete and thoroughly equipped for every good work means that we need no other source of doctrine (and that any other source must be tested by this one).

Yes but what does magisterium mean?
Magistrate/ judge?
No: it means the body of people with teaching authority. The RC organisation claims that its Bishops have this.

The apostolic traditions are in the Scriptures. We have them in the writings of Paul, James, Peter, etc..

16 Every Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness,
17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Being complete and thoroughly equipped for every good work means that we need no other source of doctrine (and that any other source must be tested by this one).
The apostles had authority from Christ to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! Not only what they wrote and not what they taught!

The command to teach is in effect till the end when Christ returns Matt 28;19

What did Andrew, Nathaniel, or Mathias teach? (Write)

All 73 complete books?

Vs 17 “man of God” refers to an apostle not us

Are the apostles also God-breathed?

Explain
2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, andspeak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Back