• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

A problem with premillennialism

.....happening to the world today....

Jesus is here today riding a white horse?
I don’t believe you understand symbolism very well. Therefore, any further discussion on this with you is futile.

Right… and this is one place where pre mills really confuse scripture .
How's that????

Even if the return isn't on a white horse ...but rather is symbolic of victory or whatever...Jesus didn't leave in such grand pomp and circumstance in Acts 1 as reported by the inspired Luke.

Mainly because Scripture says He will return the same way He ascended, and the whole world will witness it. White horses, unless your purport a horse with supernatural powers equal to that of God, are finite, and Christ riding on a finite horse would be restrained within the finite.

How's that????

Even if the return isn't on a white horse ...but rather is symbolic of victory or whatever...Jesus didn't leave in such grand pomp and circumstance in Acts 1 as reported by the inspired Luke.
Huh? I don’t follow. Sorry

Mainly because Scripture says He will return the same way He ascended, and the whole world will witness it. White horses, unless your purport a horse with supernatural powers equal to that of God, are finite, and Christ riding on a finite horse would be restrained within the finite.
Earth is part of a supernatural word...right?

I still don't understand how a horse descending from heaven would give that horse supernatural powers equal to God.

Huh? I don’t follow. Sorry
The return of Christ in Rev 19 doesn't reflect the ascension of Christ in Acts 1. Whether it be literal or symbolic.
Does that help with your confusion?

Earth is part of a supernatural word...right?

I still don't understand how a horse descending from heaven would give that horse supernatural powers equal to God.
Did you mean world? If so, no, it is natural, made of matter. It is material.

To carry the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent God, it would also need to be all those things, or at least capable of those things. And if Christ is going to be visible to all the world when He returns, as the Bible says, and He is riding on a white horse, the the horse would have to be also.

Jesus is returning the same way He left. Right? Did He leave riding on a white horse?

Do you think He is going to return riding on a literal white horse?
Wow. Such a mocking unbiblical attitude.

[2Pe 3:3-4 LSB] 3 knowing this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with [their] mocking, following after their own lusts, 4 and saying, "Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation."

Israel is not a Christian nation, it is Jewish.

There is no such thing as a Christian nations as it pervades most nations (maybe all, though in some converts to Christianity would be in great peril) and no nation is without a multitude of religions within it.

Which brings us once again close to the topic of the OP. The predominant view in my understanding, of premillennialism is that Satan is bound now and will be released in the "Great Tribulation." In amillennialism (my perspective of it) the Scripture says he is bound from deceiving the nations. Not that he is completely bound---and evidence shows he is not.

So when he is released for a short time, he is released to deceive the nations. WHat might that mean?

If we look at the fact that even nations that consider Christianity the devil himself, and forbid preaching the gospel, even kill those caught doing so, there are still pockets within those nations where the gospel is preached and Bibles distributed. This is done in direct obedience to Jesus' command that it should be preached to all nations, by very, very, brave Christians. Satan is bound from stopping it.

When he is unbound I believe we will see a worldwide persecution of the church by governments. And those days will be cut short for the sake of the elect.

The historic sense of ‘those days will be cut short’ is from 1st cent Judea, bc Matt 24A (before v29) is about that. Those who stayed in the city and Jude’s had a rough time.

Did you mean world? If so, no, it is natural, made of matter. It is material.

To carry the omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent God, it would also need to be all those things, or at least capable of those things. And if Christ is going to be visible to all the world when He returns, as the Bible says, and He is riding on a white horse, the the horse would have to be also.

Jesus is returning the same way He left. Right? Did He leave riding on a white horse?
With today's technology...the whole world can witness the return.

OK. What about those who are off the grid or sound asleep because it is 2 a.m. where they live?

OK. What about those who are off the grid or sound asleep because it is 2 a.m. where they live?
I think you're over exaggerating the issue.

Especially after posting the following..."Have you read and understood your Bible? Have trouble with concepts? I ask because all I see is nitpicking and arguing over words."

Are you nitpicking?

I think you're over exaggerating the issue.

Especially after posting the following..."Have you read and understood your Bible? Have trouble with concepts? I ask because all I see is nitpicking and arguing over words."

Are you nitpicking?
There is a world of difference in the conversation that was taking place and you quoted from, and this one. Context matters everywhere, not just the Bible.

So no, I am not nitpicking. I am trying to encourage you to be rational.

God don’t rely on modern technology. Do you know what Christ’s return is going to bring?

God don’t rely on modern technology. Do you know what Christ’s return is going to bring?
God set up the laws of the universe. All technology is is those rules understood to a level in order to make use of them. Messiah's return will introduce technologies we haven't even dreamed of.

And no one has even presented a Biblically accurate understanding of the events of Messiah's return through this whole topic.

There is a world of difference in the conversation that was taking place and you quoted from, and this one. Context matters everywhere, not just the Bible.

So no, I am not nitpicking. I am trying to encourage you to be rational.
No...you're nitpicking. Talking about people fast asleep at 2 AM missing it...is nitpicking.

God uses technology.

God used the technology to have the Romans form a cross from a tree....and technology to forge nails and make a hammer to pound them in.
I guess they needed the technology of some sort of shovel to make a hole to drop the bottom of the cross into.

Do you not see the technology of today and how it fits with biblcal prophecy?

Back