• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Young Earth/Old Earth

Young Earth or Old Earth

• Young

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Old

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Never thought about it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dont know

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
That was cute. Understood and agree- chicken feed. This isn't a salvation issue but simply a need to silence all the noise from the haters who scoff at young earth views.

To your question 1. if the earth is 6,000 yrs old, you are still omitting the 7th day. What does the 7th day account for to you? I account for it in my assessment, you do not, respectfully. Since I call the days thousands-concerning one of God's days, that would already make the earth at least 7,000 years old right there, in my opinion. Do you get what I am saying?

How do you, in your assessment account for that 7th day? God did after all create the seventh day, because it would not be if He didn't speak it into existence. For on it He rested. 🙂
I was 'going to leave it at that', but since you asked me a direct question, I'll attempt a response.
1. I didn't omit the 7th day, (it's as real as the other 6), but since I hold to 24hr day, it doesn't make a big difference. Ussher dates the earth around 4000+ so I was simply giving some wiggle room for geneologies.

I was 'going to leave it at that', but since you asked me a direct question, I'll attempt a response.
1. I didn't omit the 7th day, (it's as real as the other 6), but since I hold to 24hr day, it doesn't make a big difference. Ussher dates the earth around 4000+ so I was simply giving some wiggle room for geneologies.
Ok.

Genesis Apologetics soon to release THE ARK IN THE DARKNESS, their most complete statement about what the Cataclysm was like.

Back