• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Why did the Son received glory from the Father?

Trinitarians position is that we glory and worship the Son in Trinity as God alone. That's it. Nothing more is added to that position. To glorify the Son is to glorify the Father and Holy Spirit. Some people believe that glorifying the Son is idolatry. Does that mean the Father is an idoliser? Thoughts? Opinions?

We read in the Bible that the Father doesn't give glory and praise to idols.

Isaiah 42:8 “I am the Lord; that is my name! I will not yield my glory to another or my praise to idols. (Hebrews 1:3, Isaiah 6:3, John 12:41, 1:14, 18, 17:24).​

Also,

Romans 1:21-25 ...and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles. ...​

But yet, the Father glorifies the Son.

2 Peter 1:17 He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”​

a). At the Son's water baptism

Matthew 3:17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.” (Mark 1:11, Luke 3:22)​

b). At the Son's transfiguration

Matthew 17:5 While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him! (Mark 9:7, Luke 9:35)​

c). Before the Son's passion

John 8:54 Jesus replied, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. My Father, whom you claim as your God, is the one who glorifies me.​
John 12:23 Jesus replied, “The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.​
John 12:27-30 “Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name!” Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him. Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine.​
John 13:31-32 When he was gone, Jesus said, “Now the Son of Man is glorified and God is glorified in him. If God is glorified in him, God will glorify the Son in himself, and will glorify him at once.​
John 17:1 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you.​
5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.​
24 “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.​

The Father and the Son shares glory

John 11:4 When he heard this, Jesus said, “This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God’s glory so that God’s Son may be glorified through it.”​
John 17:10 All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them.​
Revelation 5:11-13 Then I looked and heard the voice of many angels, numbering thousands upon thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand. They encircled the throne and the living creatures and the elders. In a loud voice they were saying: “Worthy is the Lamb, who was slain, to receive power and wealth and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and praise!” Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!”​
It is the Father's purpose to show forth his goodness in the glory of his Son.

Jesus represented the Father in all that he did, he was without blemish, a truly remarkable man , there is and never will be, one like him, he was “ perfect” just as his Father is “ perfect “ pure and Holy!.

There aren’t enough words to praise Jesus as he should be praised.....He deserves all Honour and Praise like NO other....

Just my thoughts.

Short commentary.

The Father made the world through the spoken word of the Son. The Son is the out-shining of the Father's glory. He is also the perfect representation of the Father's nature. We learn to know the Father as we continue to learn of Christ who is the exact picture of the Father's nature.

So glory is not really glory!
Like all your doctrines: they are fake

Hi Don

One Divine teaching master as it is written

The law of the legion of fathers (patron saints) the Christian murderers and torturer's in Acts 22:1-5 .

In Acts 24 the legion tried to prove Sola scriptura was heresy .They walked away faithless not little. . . no faith as it is written (sola scriptura)

Acts 24:13-14 Neither can they prove the things whereof they now accuse me.1 But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Worship the God of the fathers .Not the legion of fathers as God

Back