• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

When does Satan impersonate Christ.

Hobie

Senior
Reaction score
Christ gave us clear warning of what would come at the end, that would if possible, deceive even the saints.

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

So we shall have things foretold happen and most Christians will be prepared and be able to discern they are false, but Satan as a 'angel of light' can show himself as such and the impersonation Christ takes place, and even the most sincere Christian would be hard pressed to see through this deception.

2 Corinthians 11:14
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

The church has long professed to look to the Second Coming of Christ as the realization of her hopes. Now the deceiver himself shows up as the 'angel of light' and make it appear that Christ has come in different parts of the earth.

In the end, the Beast power and the power of image of the Beast won't be enough. Satan will see he is going to lose his case and the apostate 'Mystery Babylon' won't be set up over all the world. So Satan comes and will manifest himself as the ultimate false christ, as a majestic being of dazzling brightness, resembling the description but only able to wander about on earth trying to deceive. What will Christians do?

Last edited:
Now we have been given much in scripture that gives us direction, but many Christians have failed even on these things..

2 Timothy 4:3-5
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. 5 But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry.

2 Peter 2:1-3
1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 3 By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber.

2 John 1:7-11
7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. 8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward. 9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

1 Timothy 1:3-7
3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine, 4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do. 5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: 6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling; 7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

2 Corinthians 11:3-15
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he who comes preaches another Jesus whom we have not preached, or if you receive a different spirit which you have not received, or a different gospel which you have not accepted you may well put up with it!
5 For I consider that I am not at all inferior to the most eminent apostles. 6 Even though I am untrained in speech, yet I am not in knowledge. But we have been thoroughly manifested among you in all things.
7 Did I commit sin in humbling myself that you might be exalted, because I preached the gospel of God to you free of charge? 8 I robbed other churches, taking wages from them to minister to you. 9 And when I was present with you, and in need, I was a burden to no one, for what I lacked the brethren who came from Macedonia supplied. And in everything I kept myself from being burdensome to you, and so I will keep myself. 10 As the truth of Christ is in me, no one shall stop me from this boasting in the regions of Achaia. 11 Why? Because I do not love you? God knows! 12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast. 13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:8-12
8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Deuteronomy 13:1-5
1 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.
4 Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the Lord thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

How will they be able to withstand the ultimate deceiver....

Christ gave us clear warning of what would come at the end, that would if possible, deceive even the saints.

Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Mark 13:22
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.

So we shall have things foretold happen and most Christians will be prepared and be able to discern they are false, but Satan as a 'angel of light' can show himself as such and the impersonation Christ takes place, and even the most sincere Christian would be hard pressed to see through this deception.

2 Corinthians 11:14
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

The church has long professed to look to the Second Coming of Christ as the realization of her hopes. Now the deceiver himself shows up as the 'angel of light' and make it appear that Christ has come in different parts of the earth.

In the end, the Beast power and the power of image of the Beast won't be enough. Satan will see he is going to lose his case and the apostate 'Mystery Babylon' won't be set up over all the world. So Satan comes and will manifest himself as the ultimate false christ, as a majestic being of dazzling brightness, resembling the description but only able to wander about on earth trying to deceive. What will Christians do?
99% of all religions claiming to be christian are satans.

Well, even today there are many looking at false messiahs and we find even the Jews were fooled and many paid with their lives...

"Messianic Claims in Antiquity
By the late Second Temple period, references to the Messiah had proliferated throughout Jewish writings. As the Greco-Roman empire subjected the Jews to harsh and anti-Semitic decrees, there was a renewed sense of urgency to find a leader who would bring respite from suffering. Late biblical books such as Daniel along with other, post-biblical texts, known as the Apocrypha, offer explicit visions as to what the ultimate redemption would bring.

Understandably, this increase in messianic discussion brought an increase in messianic predictions and even the coronation of certain people as the Messiah. During the first few centuries of the Common Era, there would be scores of individuals claiming to be moshiach, the vast majority of them never able to amass any type of following. Perhaps the most famous example is that of Jesus Christ (literally, Jesus the Messiah). The majority of the Jewish community rejected this young charismatic Jew as moshiach though he amassed a large following among non-Jews and started a movement that has become one of the largest religions in the world today.

A century later, a man named Bar Kochba achieved much better traction in convincing the Jews of his anointed status. After the Temple was destroyed in 70 CE, the Jews were so badly beaten by the Roman empire that they had no fighting chance to drive the foreign rulers from Jerusalem. But several decades later in the early second century, Bar Kochba was able to rally troops, planning a general Jewish uprising against Rome. A few early local victories began to convince both the Jewish masses and some in the religious leadership, most famously Rabbi Akiva, that Bar Kochba was moshiach and would deliver the Jews from oppressive Roman rule.

As Bar Kochba and his uprising gained support from Jews hailing him as both a military expert and Messiah, more people would join the fight. The revolt began in earnest in 135 CE — and it was a disaster. Rome crushed the uprising and over half a million Jews were slain and hundreds of thousands more exiled."....https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/false-messiahs-in-judaism/

So how much easier it will be for those who are not prepared to be fooled...

I believe it is a bit more difficult to accurately judge individuals than it is to judge anti-Christian religions and cults.
People could be in a cult, for example, a member of a Roman Catholic church cannot accurately judge a person from a Christian denomination. How could a cult and its people accurately judge a Christian? They cannot.

Edit: Non-Christian cults stick out clearly. For example, Mormons, JW's.

I believe there is a great possibility the anti-Christ, angel of light impersonator of Christ Jesus....will "solve" a lot of issues....He'll stop human Trafficking...shut down the China run drug cartels...will make a CBDC system very appealing and/or necessary....stop the wars and rumors of wars, peace in Israel and the Mid-east.......man on the Rev 6 White Horse.

People will flock to him...after all who wouldn't?

I believe there is a great possibility the anti-Christ, angel of light impersonator of Christ Jesus....will "solve" a lot of issues....He'll stop human Trafficking...shut down the China run drug cartels...will make a CBDC system very appealing and/or necessary....stop the wars and rumors of wars, peace in Israel and the Mid-east.......man on the Rev 6 White Horse.

People will flock to him...after all who wouldn't?
Well, I dont think he will bother with China but he will come as a 'angel of light'.. false messiah working mighty miracles; and many 'christians' will fall down and worship him as Jesus Christ.

Well, to him they are actually doing what he wants...but the wars and rumors of wars he can bring to a halt as he formented them so not hard to do...

Well, to him they are actually doing what he wants...but the wars and rumors of wars he can bring to a halt as he formented them so not hard to do...
And when he stops them he'll look like a hero...a savior. Accomplished with a bow with no arrows is one theory.

And when he stops them he'll look like a hero...a savior. Accomplished with a bow with no arrows is one theory.

And then he says, lets fight against this thing coming from heaven with whatever we can, it will be clear who he is..

I believe it is a bit more difficult to accurately judge individuals than it is to judge anti-Christian religions and cults.
People could be in a cult, for example, a member of a Roman Catholic church cannot accurately judge a person from a Christian denomination. How could a cult and its people accurately judge a Christian? They cannot.

Edit: Non-Christian cults stick out clearly. For example, Mormons, JW's.
Gods view of a cult= the only view that counts in the end= A house divided( hundreds of trinity religions= a mass of confusion) will not stand. They fail this true mark 100%-(1Cor 1:10= Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) NO DIVISION)..What don't they understand about that simple bible milk=NO DIVISION?

Is that hyperbole, opinion, or fact? Who are the 1%? Who/what determines the boundaries of your claim?

Is that hyperbole, opinion, or fact? Who are the 1%? Who/what determines the boundaries of your claim?
1Cor 1:10= Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) no division= 1 single religion-The one Jesus said would be hated. Most hated it back in Jesus' day enough to murder him, apostles then the followers.
Jesus compares these last days to Noahs day( 99.9% mislead)Luke 17:26)-99% minimum today.
Through all the bible-99% mislead at a given time after the fall in Eden. The only time possible that it may be a little lower is when Israel stood strong, yet they fell over and over.
The 1% obey Jesus and his Fathers will over self( Matt 7:21) -- His Fathers will = Man does not live by bread alone but by EVERY utterance from God)=OT-NT learned and applied. Few bother. It takes years of study.

Rev 19:11-16.
Yes, but you forget what it says in Rev. 20..'7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

Back