• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The 1000 year Millennium from the Bible

I would offer.

Mankind is not eternal. Adam was born into this world by Christ the spiritual seed. Then covered with flesh the father breathed into him giving birth to mankind. Jesus said a man must be born again from above, marvel not, but rather believe while a person can. Satan is quick to try and snatch the seed. (Christ in us)
God in Genesis disagrees. Adam was originally immortal, as God said that man would die if they eat of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Paul also stated that it was by one man that sin entered the world, and through sin, death. So man was an immortal being in the beginning.
The second born doctrine is used to represent those born again.

It would seem to be the purpose of the loving warning not to be unevenly yoked.,In Genesi 6 believers as sons of God were causing a division from the commandment not to be unevenly yoked with daughters or sons of men (un-converted mankind ) giving God a bad name .

Not to be unevenly yoked, the reason it would seem he brought the flood and a rainbow for sign of peace of God surpases our understanding .
Water (rain,dew showers any form of H20 is used to represent inspiration coming down causing growth previously from the ground up . representing two forms of inspiration earthly of the devil or heavenly inspired of our Holy Father.
The flood actually happened. If one reads Jude,, and what Peter wrote, one finds that it is because Angels left their domain and... got busy with the daughters of men, creating an unredeemable race. These are the one's in prison as Peter and Jude speaks about. It is reversed in Sodom and Gomorrah, where it is the son of men who went after strange flesh (the angels in Lot's care).
Genesis 2:5-7King James Version And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the Lord God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
It did not rain because the water above was separated from the water below by the firmament, which was opened and all that water came down in the flood. Anything happen after the flood that shows the change? There were no rainbows before the flood, but there were rainbows after the flood. A good reason is that the conditions required for rainbows were not present before the flood.
It would seem God no longer shared his glory with the temporal things seen, dying mankind .It would seem to make age of longevity drop also .

Deuteronomy 32King James Version32 Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

The second born (born again ) It began with Abel, Cain having no interest in birth rites as the unseen things of God. The rest of the genealogy of the spiritual seed "Christ" (born again) is given in Luke tracing the second born doctrine beginning with Abel the martyr passed on to Seth . Esau also put not value in the unseen eternal things of God he sold his birthright' for cup of hariy goat soup. Onnan choses death rather than pass on the born again seed. In the end representing the first born again of God. . Jesus, the Son of man who became the first born of many sons of God .

Luke 3:23-24 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli, Which was the son of Matthat, which was the son of Levi, which was the son of Melchi, which was the son of Janna, which was the son of Joseph,

Luke 3:34-37 Which was the son of Jacob, which was the son of Isaac, which was the son of Abraham, which was the son of Thara, which was the son of Nachor, Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala, Which was the son of Cainan, which was the son of Arphaxad, which was the son of Sem, which was the son of Noe, which was the son of Lamech, Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan, Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
Again, it was Adam who was the "son of God", because God created Him personally. Luke is showing the genealogy of Jesus. In one of the genealogies, one of Jesus ancestors was CURSED by God. The final king of Judah of whom God had sworn that no one in his line would EVER sit on the throne. That is one of Jesus descendants. Thankfully, that side of Jesus family has no affect on Jesus. For the right to sit on the throne comes from the OTHER side of the family tree. From Mary's side, and not Joseph's side.

God in Genesis disagrees. Adam was originally immortal, as God said that man would die if they eat of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Paul also stated that it was by one man that sin entered the world, and through sin, death. So man was an immortal being in the beginning.
Adam born into a corrupted world (day three) when the Holy Spirit departed. Adam who must be born again was created subject to death according to the letter of the law thou shall not or you will die He did not lose salvation he never had it .He was born into a dying aging body

Marvel mankind dead in trespass and sin. . mankind must be born again
The flood actually happened. If one reads Jude,, and what Peter wrote, one finds that it is because Angels left their domain and... got busy with the daughters of men, creating an unredeemable race. These are the one's in prison as Peter and Jude speaks about. It is reversed in Sodom and Gomorrah, where it is the son of men who went after strange flesh (the angels in Lot's care).

mal’akh. . .messenger as in apostle, not angel (a fake word) . No such invisible shift change creation that is able to change into giants and create a new race (unsen).

Sons of God, born again believers.They were unevenly yoked with unbelievers. It was carried on after the flood, the reason for it (unevenly yoked) the law stands today .

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
It did not rain because the water above was separated from the water below by the firmament, which was opened and all that water came down in the flood. Anything happen after the flood that shows the change? There were no rainbows before the flood, but there were rainbows after the flood. A good reason is that the conditions required for rainbows were not present before the flood.
The living water ( rain, dew, small rain, showers) is used to represent the work of the Holy Spirit . Before the flood rose as a mist to indicate inspired from the earth before the flood, but failed Because of the unevenly yoked.

The Sons of God (Christians) lost the idea of God sharing his glory with those unevenly yoked . The rainbow was used to represent the new order form heaven .various form of living water coming down causing growth

Deuteronomy 32King James Version Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Satan is still performing the idea of earthly inspired . That can be seen with Catholicism inspired from loosed from corrupted earth bound in heaven

Again, it was Adam who was the "son of God", because God created Him personally. Luke is showing the genealogy of Jesus. In one of the genealogies, one of Jesus ancestors was CURSED by God. The final king of Judah of whom God had sworn that no one in his line would EVER sit on the throne. That is one of Jesus descendants. Thankfully, that side of Jesus family has no affect on Jesus. For the right to sit on the throne comes from the OTHER side of the family tree. From Mary's side, and not Joseph's side
I do not think we are informed that Adam was born again a must. . Abel the first martyr, the first mention of a apostle /prophet was murdered .
No fleshly descendants of dying mankind will take the seat or throne of God's judgement .

We call no man on earth Holy Father. Again it's not a fleshly family of dying mankind .

In that was Jesus the Son of man is our brother in the Lord not our Father

Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

mal’akh. . .messenger as in apostle, not angel (a fake word) . No such invisible shift change creation that is able to change into giants and create a new race (unsen).

Sons of God, born again believers.They were unevenly yoked with unbelievers. It was carried on after the flood, the reason for it (unevenly yoked) the law stands today .
You may want to read it all again. The sons of God in the Old Testament always meant angels. How do we know? They were daughters *of men* not daughters of God.

Genesis 19: "Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting at the gate of Sodom. "

"2 angel, as messenger of God, מלאכים with God in theophanies Genesis 19:1,15; Genesis 28:12; Genesis 32:2 "

Also Jude:

"5 Now I want to remind you, though you know everything once and for all, that [e]the Lord, after saving a people out of the land of Egypt, [f]subsequently destroyed those who did not believe. 6 And angels who did not keep their own domain but abandoned their proper dwelling place, these He has kept in eternal restraints under darkness for the judgment of the great day, 7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities around them, since they in the same way as these angels indulged in sexual perversion and went after [g]strange flesh, are exhibited as an [h]example in undergoing the punishment of eternal fire."

Just what is this "strange flesh"? Such a term is not used of sexual immorality, not even rape. Not even homosexuality. So just what is this strange flesh? This should be very clear for you, and scripture is rather explicit. Before the flood it was angels coming in to the daughters of men, and in Sodom, it was the city coming after these angels, these young men.

Jude is very clear.
And angelsἀγγέλους
(angelous)
32a: a messenger, angela prim. word

2 Peter 2
"4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into [a]hell and committed them to [b]pits of darkness, held for judgment; 5 and did not spare the ancient world, but protected Noah, a [c]preacher of righteousness, with seven others, when He brought a flood upon the world of the ungodly; 6 and if He condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah to destruction by reducing them to ashes, having made them an example [d]of what is coming for the ungodly; 7 and if He rescued righteous Lot, who was oppressed by the perverted conduct of [e]unscrupulous people 8 (for by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds), 9 then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from [f]a trial, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment for the day of judgment, 10 and especially those who [g]indulge the flesh in its corrupt passion, and despise [h]authority."

Note that this is in order. It is due to the sin of the angels that Noah's flood happened. Note how verse 10 brings up "those who indulge the flesh in its corrupt pashion."

1 Peter 3
"18 For Christ also [m]suffered for sins once for all time, the just for the unjust, so that He might bring us to God, having been put to death in the flesh, but made alive in the [n]spirit; 19 in [o]which He also went and made proclamation to the spirits in prison, 20 who once were disobedient when the patience of God kept waiting in the days of Noah, during the construction of the ark, in which a few, that is, eight persons, were brought safely through the water. "

Prison is tarturus, where angels are imprisoned.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

The living water ( rain, dew, small rain, showers) is used to represent the work of the Holy Spirit . Before the flood rose as a mist to indicate inspired from the earth before the flood, but failed Because of the unevenly yoked.
Then why did the Holy Spirit present itself as tongues of fire at Pentecost, and not a fresh spray of water? Even to Jesus it presented as a dove. In Genesis it is explaining how God watered the Earth prior to rain. There was no rain until the flood. At that time, all the water that was above, came down to Earth, and the whole setup of creation was changed. Prior to the flood there were no rainbows. (Rainbows require specific conditions to form, which existed after the flood.) People lived long before the flood, but shorter after the flood. (The water surrounding the Earth blocked out cosmic radiation, and humanity, young, with a genetic structure that has not been damaged by cosmis radiation, lived longer. After the flood, cosmic radiation damaged the human genetic structure, and humans lived shorter over time. The reason we can't live past 120 is that telomeres, required for life, self destruct before or at 120 years. One person who lived just over 110 years, had only one telomere left, and it was on its way out.
The Sons of God (Christians) lost the idea of God sharing his glory with those unevenly yoked . The rainbow was used to represent the new order form heaven .various form of living water coming down causing growth
The sons of God in the Old Testament were not Christians. There were no Christians yet. The rainbow was, as God explicitly stated, a sign of His promise to never bring a flood to destroy the world again. I you trying to mansplain what God clearly said?
Deuteronomy 32King James Version Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Satan is still performing the idea of earthly inspired . That can be seen with Catholicism inspired from loosed from corrupted earth bound in heaven

I do not think we are informed that Adam was born again a must. . Abel the first martyr, the first mention of a apostle /prophet was murdered .
No fleshly descendants of dying mankind will take the seat or throne of God's judgement .
You have yet to show this in scripture. Abel was not a martyr. He was not an apostle or prophet.
We call no man on earth Holy Father. Again it's not a fleshly family of dying mankind .

In that was Jesus the Son of man is our brother in the Lord not our Father

Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.
You know why Jesus called Himself the Son of Man, right? Because sons of god were a dime a dozen in Rome/Greece. If He said He was the Son of God, no one would have batted an eye. Sure. Go get in line with the rest of them.

It's refreshing to find a Christian Discussion Forum that is not Premillennial in their Statement of Faith.

I don't find Pre-Mil to be Biblical.

Not hard-edged Amil either, I don't think, but I definitely don't find Pre-Mil supported in Scripture.

I've heard of Riddlebarger and read some of his stuff, but haven't read the book yet.

Don't think I've heard of Hoekema.

Thanks, I'll check em out.
Hoekema was very influential a generation ago and his book is referenced by MANY from all the various eschatological povs. Give the White Horse Inn (amil) and American Vision (postmil, reconstructionist) a listen/read, too.

It's refreshing to find a Christian Discussion Forum that is not Premillennial in their Statement of Faith.

Not hard-edged Amil either, I don't think, but I definitely don't find Pre-Mil supported in Scripture.
Hard edged?

Revelation shows us the events at the end..

Revelation 20:1-15
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now here's a breakdown of each verse in Revelation 20..

vs. 1 - An angel descends from heaven with a key and a chain.
vs. 2 - He binds Satan for 1000 years.
vs. 3 - During the 1000 years Satan cannot deceive the nations any more.
vs. 4 - Martyrs are resurrected to reign with Jesus Christ for 1000 years.
vs. 5a - The rest of the dead will be raised at the end of the 1000 years.
vs. 6 - Those in the first resurrection will reign with Jesus for 1000 years.
vs. 7 - Satan will be loosed at the end of the 1000 years.
vs. 8 ; After the rest of the dead are raised, Satan deceives them again. There will be billions - like the sand of the sea. They are called Gog and Magog. Satan gathers them for a final battle.
vs. 9 - Satan and this host surround God's City. Fire comes down and devours them.
vs. 10 - Satan, the Beast, and the False Prophet end up in this lake of fire.
vs. 11 - Before this fire falls, a final judgment occurs.
vs. 12 - All the resurrected lost are judged.
vs. 13 - Another description of the resurrected lost being judged.
vs. 14 - Death and Hell are cast into the lake of fire, which is the second death.
vs. 15 - All the resurrected lost are cast into the lake of fire.

So what happens in the events that are shown to us here. We see that there is a good resurrection which is called the first resurrection at the beginning of the 1000 years in verses 4-6, whereas the rest of the dead are resurrected at the end of the 1000 years. Satan is bound during the 1000 years as we see in verse 3, but is loosed when the thousand years are done as we see in verse 7, and notice this is also when the rest of the dead are raised, see verse 5. Now with these dead which are not from the first resurrection, so they are the lost going to damnation, Satan gathers them for a final battle against God's City as we see in verse 8. A final judgment occurs, and then the lost are punished in the lake of fire, So who are the ones that will not see the first resurrection but come up after the 1000 years at the second one.

Christ clearly spoke of two resurrections when He said, "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in their graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil unto the resurrection of damnation" John 5:29.

The apostle Paul also spoke of these two resurrections when he said, "there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and the unjust" in Acts 24:15. So both Jesus Christ and Paul spoke of two resurrections, the first being the resurrection of life for the just, and the second being the resurrection of damnation for the unjust. Now Christ comes in the second coming to take the saints to heaven , but Christ does not step on earth, the saints are lifted into to the air from their graves.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Both the Old and New Testaments are very clear on this issue.
1 Corinthians 15:16
For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

Isaiah 26:19
Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.

Life will be restored to those saints who have died in the resurrection on the last day and they with those saints which are alive shall be taken up with the Lord.

You have not shown that this is future to us. Some parts are but there is a reasonable view that it commenced in Johns present time.

I've heard of Riddlebarger and read some of his stuff, but haven't read the book yet.

Don't think I've heard of Hoekema.

Thanks, I'll check em out.
They are both really good books.

Not hard-edged Amil either, I don't think, but I definitely don't find Pre-Mil supported in Scripture
More Than Conquers by, William Hendriksen. Great book.

You may want to read it all again. The sons of God in the Old Testament always meant angels. How do we know? They were daughters *of men* not daughters of God.

Genesis 19: "Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening as Lot was sitting at the gate of Sodom. "

"2 angel, as messenger of God, מלאכים with God in theophanies Genesis 19:1,15; Genesis 28:12; Genesis 32:2 "

Hi thanks I will get to the word "angel" just a little reminder in a hope of getting on the same page .

We should be careful how we hear who we say we hear. We could be entertaining a messenger apostle (sent ones) of God as a brother or sister . He or she might have something from the lord for both . God uses two as one gift, both having the mutual faith as it is written .

2 Corinthians 4:13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

One in His Spirit, as it is written, one will of the one Father

The gifts working in us are always two fold or three and more . never one.

Some ask, what your gift.? . . as if we are the givers of spiritual unseen gifts. Spiritual gifts could not come from dying mankind "we have a living hope of a new incorruptible body that will never die.

Two" throughout the Bible represent the witness of God, never one

He gives us a tongue to bring His living word and gives us ears to hear his faithfull understanding .

Exodus 4:11 And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord?

I would offer the good news gospel is inspired from heaven and not from earth, As a gift we can hear the voice of our Holy Father as he empowers us to finish is work, yoked with him.. . that is . .if we do not harden our own hearts (Philippian 2:13)

There is nothing in the scriptures that gives the idea of a unknown creation of spirit gods that some call angel .

It is Christ working in us yoked him to both hear and do his will.(Philippian 2:13)

I would think he needs no help from the peanut gallery as that which I would call that true an angel a fake word .

The will of our Holy father. Not the will of a legion of what are called angels. There is no invisible band of creatures as spirit gods called a angel (fake word)

The word "angel "is a fake word . A fake word is a language that bears a false resemblance to a word in another language but in fact has a different meaning Therefore violating the commandment not to add or subtract a meaning of the word, It can change all the commandments ( Deuteronomy 4:2)

Greek, Aggelous in English meaning "messenger" . Messenger an apostle . . . men sent with the messages of God, prophecy. How beautiful are their feet .

Genesis 19: They ate food as in whatsoever goes in the belly comes out as draught .(Mankind)

Genesis 19: 3 And he pressed upon them greatly; and they turned in unto him, and entered into his house; and he made them a feast, and did bake unleavened bread, and they did eat.

In reference Genesis 6 , sons of God always represents born again believers messenger as apostles. Not angels a fake word.as false prophecy oral traditions of dying mankind.

1 John 3:Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is

The daughters of men are simply unbelievers. The believers, sons of God they were violating the law not to be unevenly yoked which threatened the seed promise to bring a Messiah through a woman.

Inspiration was changed it no more accompanied mankind as a witness. They destroyed it with their unbelief . Mankind failed. Today we look up from where our help comes. He moves mankind. He not moved by them , the cloud of his presence spoken of Deuteronomy.

Deuteronomy 32:1-2 King James Version Give ear, O ye heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth.My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass:

Inspiration right side up not upside down the doctrines of men

It was then God made a great change from watering the whole face of the ground coming up. . . over to coming down like rain. Marked with a rainbow and clouds . In that way God uses rain as well as other forms of water to represent inspired from heaven (Deuteronomy 32 :1-2) Prior he used the believers as if inspired from earth. He put a end to all flesh because of violating the seed promise to bring a Messiah through a woman. He no longer strove with men in that way.

Genesis 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

The flood it changed the whole face of the world. . . mountains raised valley made low. also changed the age of longevity. The maximum human lifespan, as depicted by the Bible, gradually diminishes thereafter, from almost 1,000 years to the 120 years and ended in Psalms 70 to 80 (average)

Genesis 6:3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. Noah three hundred fifty . Abraham lived a hundred and seventy-five years. Now Abraham lived a hundred and seventy-five years

Psalm 90:10 Our lives last seventy years or, if we are strong, eighty years. Even the best of them are struggle and sorrow; indeed, they pass quickly and we fly away

Genesis 6: 13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Again,He destroyed the principal of the seed , We can no longer know God after dying mankind as part of inspiration. Some still even today They say a will loosed from earth bound in heaven .

Most translations turn inspiration upside down Men looking to men and not men looking to a invisible God. . . . . walking by faith. His Holy Spirit working in us

Mathews 18:18 KJ Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

The Young's literal translates turning the cloud of His presence right side up .

Mathews 18:18YLT `Verily I say to you, Whatever things ye may bind upon the earth shall be having been bound in the heavens, and whatever things ye may loose on the earth shall be having been loosed in the heavens.

Hoekema was very influential a generation ago and his book is referenced by MANY from all the various eschatological povs. Give the White Horse Inn (amil) and American Vision (postmil, reconstructionist) a listen/read, too.
Do you believe the devil has been set free now and is testing all mankind all over the world as spoken of in Rev. 20?

Looking at the state of things, it would be hard to argue that he is not.

Do you believe the devil has been set free now and is testing all mankind all over the world as spoken of in Rev. 20?

Looking at the state of things, it would be hard to argue that he is not.
In which way do you believe he has been bound?

In which way do you believe he has been bound?
I don't believe he is bound anymore.

Not exactly sure when he was initially bound, but I believe he is now free and wreaking havoc all over the world in many ways.

Back