• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The 1000 year Millennium from the Bible

I don't believe he is bound anymore.

Not exactly sure when he was initially bound, but I believe he is now free and wreaking havoc all over the world in many ways.
Revelation 20:1-3 is symbolic. All nations up to the time of Christ were under the the devil's power, in darkness. all nations with the exception of the Jews that is.
Consider this. in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they will not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 4:4.
Now of course God is sovereign and supreme, but He did let nations walk in their own ways. Acts 14:16 who in bygone generations allowed all nations to walk in their own ways.
But God has given the nations for Christ's inheritance
7 “I will declare the decree:
The Lord has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
8 Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
Psalm 2:7-8.

Those days of Satan deceiving all the nations are over. He has been bound by the cross.

The gospel goes out to all the nations of the world.

Not exactly sure when he was initially bound, but I believe he is now free and wreaking havoc all over the world in many ways.
Let me warn you if you read this book, "More Than Conquers by, William Hendriksen." you will more than likely become an Amillennialist. So, if you do not want to be, better off not reading it. :)

Revelation 20:1-3 is symbolic. All nations up to the time of Christ were under the the devil's power, in darkness. all nations with the exception of the Jews that is.
Consider this. in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they will not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Cor 4:4.
Now of course God is sovereign and supreme, but He did let nations walk in their own ways. Acts 14:16 who in bygone generations allowed all nations to walk in their own ways.
The Lord has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,

Those days of Satan deceiving all the nations are over. He has been bound by the cross.

Hmm. I agree with most of that.

You think the days of satan deceiving the nations are over?

For good?

What do you believe happens at the end?

Hmm. I agree with most of that.

You think the days of satan deceiving the nations are over?

For good?
I believe he will not change, he is the deceiver. He will do all the deceiving he is allowed to do. But he can no longer keep all the nations of the world in darkness, Christ put an end to that. God gave Christ all the nations as His inheritance. Of course, the devil will continue doing his thing, but he does not have free reign, he is God's devil and just a pawn.

What do you believe happens at the end?
What do you mean?

Do you believe the devil has been set free now and is testing all mankind all over the world as spoken of in Rev. 20?

Looking at the state of things, it would be hard to argue that he is not.
No.

If the tradition that Satan is the former Lucifer then Satan was stripped of his glory and cast out of heaven long ago. Jude explicitly and unequivocally states the angels who did not keep their proper abode (which would apply to Satan) have been held in eternal bonds of darkness awaiting their day of judgment.

Jude 1:6
And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode, He has kept in eternal bonds under darkness for the judgment of the great day...

Most importantly, in the gospels Jesus states he saw it happen and his preaching about not being able to enter the "strong man" without first binding him applies to Satan just as much as it does to any other temporal example. Satan has been defeated. He never had any substantive power to begin with but one of the reasons Jesus came to earth was to undo the work of the devil. Now ALL power and authority has been given to him (and he, in turn has bestowed that privilege on his apostles and, by extension, his Church).

Satan and the other angels had been bound long before Jude wrote that, long before John wrote Revelation. The book of Revelation also states the revelation to John was revealed because the things that were described were going to happen quickly because the time was near. Modern futurists don't like when that is pointed out, especially the Dispensationalists. Dispensationalists don't like it because one of the preeminent principles in the Dispensationalist hermeneutic is to read scripture literally, and this is one of the places where that does not happen. If Revelation 1:3 is read exactly as written then "near" means near, not 2000 years from now. Just as important is verse 1:19.

Revelation 1:19
Therefore, write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after these things.

• Things you've seen,
  • Things that are,
  • Things that take place after these things.

Some of what is contained in Revelation were events or conditions John had already seen. They were in John's past. Some of the things described in Revelation were events and conditions existing at that time when John received his vision. A portion of Revelation was in John's future. and what was in John's future was previously stated to be near. This is what the text of Revelation actually, explicitly, specifically states. I've not added any eschatological interpretation to it.

So if we keep in mind some of Revelation is a description of events or conditions in John's past, and some of it is about things that were going on at the time John wrote what was revealed to him in mind as we read the book we'll recognize what remained/remains to happen prophetically. Isaiah, the gospels, and Jude tell us Revelation 20 had already happened been bound prior to Revelation (it does not matter whether one subscribes to an early-date or late-date for Revelation). Not only had he been bound but he'd been bound many ways, not just one. Revelation 20 specifies the binding. Satan is bound from hindering the gospel.

So, turn to Ephesians 6. In Ephesians 6 we find the "armor of God" passage and in that passage, we find the armor includes the gospel and the ability to extinguish all the enemy's fiery schemes. He cannot hinder the gospel anymore if and when we act like we're supposed to act.

One last point (in case this is not already known). What I have described is a partial-preterist pov. When scripture is read as written, with scripture the first and foremost tool in understanding other scripture, preterism is the necessary position. Words like "near" or "at hand" (Gk. = en gys) mean exactly what they state, and when the New Testament is examined, that word never means anything other than near. It never means two or more millennia later. Preterism gets criticized as a bias but that is always a false accusation. Preterism is NOT an approach taken when reading the Bible. This is very important because the true preterist does not assume anything about the text other than it means what it states when exegeted correctly. It's the Dispensationalist (for example) who approaches the Bible with a pre-existing metric for reading scripture. A division between Israel and the Church, along with two completely different divine plans is assumed beforehand. A literalistic (not literal) reading of scripture is assumed beforehand. Preterists do not assume beforehand much of prophecy is already fulfilled (as is often the accusation). We do not assume it, we conclude it. When Peter, for example, states Joel's prophecy is fulfilled at Pentecost we believe what is written exactly as written. We do not re-interpret it to fit our eschatology. Similarly, when Paul writes the ends of the ages had fallen upon the first century Christians and Peter states Jesus was revealed in the last times, we read that exactly as written and believe it exactly as written.

Technically, every Christian is partial-preterist to some degree simply because Christians believe the messianic prophesies of the Old Testament are all fulfilled in Jesus. Jesus is the Messiah, and there will not be any other. He is it. ALL those prophecies are fulfilled by Jesus. Therefore, do not think the idea some, many, or most prophecies have been fulfilled is odd. If we're honest about it we're all partial prets messianically. Partial-prets tend to be postmillennial. Amillennialists and some Idealists are partially preterist to lesser degrees than postmils. Historic Premils are less preterist. It's the Dispensationalist and other modern futurisms that have a disdain for preterism. Full-prets believe everything prophetic has all already happened. They are a very small minority (and I'm not one of them).

The point being, the answer to the question I was just asked is, "No, I do not believe Satan has been set free and the reason I do not hold that belief is because scripture tells us that guy's overall binding is eternal, not for a specified limited period of time." I, therefore, do not read Revelation's mention of "1000 years" literally. Doing so runs into too many conflicts with other scriptures (some of which I have referenced above). Jesus is King and Lord always and everywhere, not just for 1000 years. I am not a fan of measuring scripture by history but the fact is the rate of conversions to Christ have plateaued over the last century (look it up) but people are still coming to Christ by the millions. The gospel has not been stopped. Personally, I believe the chief obstacle to the gospel is Dispensationalism. There is another forum member who attributes the problem to Roman Catholicism. Together, our point would be that there are those within the Church that pose the greatest problem, not Satan.

He's been defeated.

"Free"?

Would you please elaborate? Do you believe "the wages of sin is death," "dead in trespasses and sin," and "everyone who commits sin is a slave of sin," applies only to humans and not also to the heavenly host? If the answer is "Yes," then Satan is not free, and hasn't been free since Genesis 1. He is a slave of sin, like any other creature who disobeys God. If that is true then all the many, many things scripture says about the effects of sin (futile thinking, hostility toward God, in ability to understand the things of the Spirit, etc. apply to him.

Second question: Do you believe Satan can do anything he wants, regardless of his Creator?

Third question: Do you believe Jesus now rules all?

Fourth question: If the answer to the second question is "yes," and the answer to the third question is also "yes," then how are the two reconciled (because if Jesus rules all then Satan is not free to do as he pleases)?

Note: the first three questions are worded so they can be answered, "yes," or "no,"* The third question is the only question asking for explanatory elaboration. Before answering, consider giving this post HERE a read.

*"I do not know" is also a possible and acceptable answer.

The point being, the answer to the question I was just asked is, "No, I do not believe Satan has been set free and the reason I do not hold that belief is because scripture tells us that guy's overall binding is eternal, not for a specified limited period of time." I, therefore, do not read Revelation's mention of "1000 years" literally. Doing so runs into too many conflicts with other scriptures (some of which I have referenced above). Jesus is King and Lord always and everywhere, not just for 1000 years. I am not a fan of measuring scripture by history but the fact is the rate of conversions to Christ have plateaued over the last century (look it up) but people are still coming to Christ by the millions. The gospel has not been stopped. Personally, I believe the chief obstacle to the gospel is Dispensationalism. There is another forum member who attributes the problem to Roman Catholicism. Together, our point would be that there are those within the Church that pose the greatest problem, not Satan.

He's been defeated.

I would offer, Satan had no glory of his own to be striped of.. A spirit has no form

The legion, lucifer was to protect the glory of God creation from mankind 's fale pride.

He became prideful. Lust of the eye, lust of the flesh. Look at my beauty Ssssssserpent and you will never die.

The spirit of lies claimed ownership of the things seen as if he was our Faithful Creator

Lust flesh, lust eye the two building blocks of false pride

1 John 2:16For all that is in the "world, the lust" of the flesh, and the "lust of the eyes", and the "pride of life", is not of the Father, but is of the world.

I would agree the word thousand year is not literal in that parable . Signified tongue in the opening statement. Not only sent but signified , called hidden manna or white stone in chapter 2 :17 again as a parable

Using the temporal historical things seen to give us His eternal faithful understanding not seen with the eye .

Revelation 1King James Version The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

I would disagree with the fake word "angel" which the true translation of angelous is "messenger" How beautiful are the feet of the apostles shod with the gospel .

Jude is saying they that went out from us are not of us as false messenger as false apostles

Jude 6 And the angels messenger which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

The thousand years in that parable is a temporal time period ( unknown ) .The father of lies legion is not bound from deceiving anything. But is bound exclusively from deceiving all the nations as kingdoms of the world that God is a dying Jewish man .

When the veil was rent there was no Jewish man as King of kings sitting in the holy place. Sort of like the Wizard of Oz big powerful voice when the veil was drawn nothing to back it up, same as finding it empty with the Jews

He will be released to perform the same lie against all the nations all the kingdom of this world . They will again build a temple with dying human hand. The abomination of desolation. Kings in Israel a pagan foundation "out of sight out of mind" in efect kill all the gentiles and bury them under like like Cain with born again Able ,the first martyr. Or Paul as Saul murder of the misperceived competition *Acts 22:1-5 no faith of a unseen eternal God

Revelation 20 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

I would offer, Satan had no glory of his own to be striped of..
And therefore no power or authority of his own.
A spirit has no form
That is incorrect. It's also off-topic.
I would disagree with the fake word "angel" which the true translation of angelous is "messenger" How beautiful are the feet of the apostles shod with the gospel .

Jude is saying they that went out from us are not of us as false messenger as false apostles
I do not find any such statement in Jude 1.
Revelation 20 3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Yes, and for the last two millennia the gospel has spread all over the world, overcome and assimilated every alternative worldview it encountered, Christianity is now the largest religion in the world, and, as I previously stated, the world-wide rate of conversion has remained constant over the last century. If Satan is now free to deceive the nations, then he's not doing a very good job and we don't have much about which to worry. At the rate he's going, if I were a Dispensationalist I'd have to concede Jesus is not coming to earth anytime soon - maybe a few more centuries from now so it is a waste of time and fruit to constantly spreading alarm, dread, and false hope. Christians are also the number one persecuted group worldwide, but no one is impaling Christians on big skewers, covering them in pitch and using them as streetlamps (like Nero did).

If all Christians acted like they actually believe the promises of God, the world would look much different (much better). Whatever the current conditions are (or are not) we should first be looking at ourselves and what it is we are or are not doing, and not over-spiritualizing the real or perceived problems and blaming another for our own faultiness. I say that with caution, firmly believing unjust criticism of the Church is part of the problem.

I do not find any such statement in Jude 1.

The Greek word agelous in english is messenger not angel. . . a fake word oral tradtion of dying mankind How beautiful are the feet of the apostles shod with the gospel

The gospel of Christ working in us to both will and do the god pleasure of the Father in us. Not a legion of angel gods a unknown creation

Luke 22:43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

Luke 22:43 And there appeared an angel message unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

Christ the Spirit of the Holy Father strengthened Jesus the Son of man. Not legion of angel gods.(like patron saints)

The Greek word agelous in english is messenger not angel. . .
Incorrect and irrelevant.

Anyone who studies the scripture as most of us in forum conversation do already knows angelous means messengers. The same is true of the Hebrew malek. We also know there are many types of messengers and messengers are not limited to being human. We also know context decides the matter. It has nothing to do with "tradition," oral or otherwise.
a fake word oral tradition of dying mankind How beautiful are the feet of the apostles shod with the gospel
Red herring.
The gospel of Christ working in us to both will and do the god pleasure of the Father in us. Not a legion of angel gods a unknown creation

Luke 22:43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

Luke 22:43 And there appeared an angel message unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

Christ the Spirit of the Holy Father strengthened Jesus the Son of man. Not legion of angel gods.(like patron saints)
Fail.

Angelos is messenger. Logos is message. Ange los is bringer of a message. Luke 22:43 states there appeared a bringer of a message. Humans don't come from heaven. Humans are not ministering spirits (pneumata) sent out to provide service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation. That would be redundant (those inheriting salvation sent to those inheriting salvation). Humans do not ascend and descend to and from heaven. Humans die once and face judgment; they die once and face judgment and are not held in eternal bonds awaiting judgment. Humans cannot appear in a burning bush unburned. Angels are spirits and they do not wed. Humans have spirits and do wed. To say angels are only and always human messengers would mean two people were in the Holy of Holies with Zacharias doing the priestly service in violation of the Law. To say angels are only and always humans is to say humans appear in dreams carry the dead to Abraham's bosom, and that Luke 4:10 must be understood to mean humans would protect Jesus should he jump off the top of the temple (and wherever else he'd go), Acts 7:53 to say the Law was ordained by humans on Sinai, and Acts 23:8 must be read to say Sadducees deny the existence of humans and human messengers.

Messengers come in many forms, those of the heavenly host and those of humanity, Jude 1 does not say what it was made to say..... and this is waaay far afield of the op.

Anyone who studies the scripture as most of us in forum conversation do already knows angelous means messengers. The same is true of the Hebrew malek. We also know there are many types of messengers and messengers are not limited to being human. We also know context decides the matter. It has nothing to do with "tradition," oral or otherwise.
Where do you find the idea many kinds of messengers ? Why not use the word messenger rather than a fake word angel ?

When were they created?

Remember a spirit has no form.

Angelos is messenger. Logos is message. Ange los is bringer of a message. Luke 22:43 states there appeared a bringer of a message. Humans don't come from heaven. Humans are not ministering spirits (pneumata) sent out to provide service for the sake of those who will inherit salvation. That would be redundant (those inheriting salvation sent to those inheriting salvation). Humans do not ascend and descend to and from heaven. Humans die once and face judgment; they die once and face judgment and are not held in eternal bonds awaiting judgment
Luke 22: 43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

And there appeared message from the Father working in the Son of man. Not a legion of spirit goods working in the Son of man Jesus . Not as I will but you. again not a legion of spirit gods called angels from heaven, strengthening him.

That destroys the gospel the promised work of two

Worshiping spirit gods is needed to perform the idea of patron saints spirit gods, in the likeness of men (3500 and rising).

Acts 14: 11 And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.

Where do you find the idea many kinds of messengers ?
I've already answered that word.
Why not use the word messenger rather than a fake word angel ?
Great question. I have often wondered that myself and see no reason why our English language Bibles cannot use the word "messenger." I will suggest that people in earlier times understood what was said and did not have the problem expressed in Post 490.
When were they created?
Relevance?

During the first six days of creation when all that was created was made. That's not a difficult question to answer.
Remember a spirit has no form.
Nonsense. If they can be seen, then they have mass. If they have mass, then they have form. Furthermore, many things invisible to the human eye nonetheless have form. Utterly incorrect statement.

John 1:33
And I did not recognize Him, but He who sent me to baptize in water said to me, ‘He upon whom you see the Spirit descending and remaining upon Him, this is the One who baptizes in the Holy Spirit.’

Why would the apostles think they saw a spirit (Mk. 6:49; Lk. 24:37) if spirits have no form? Why would Jesus need to prove he wasn't a spirit?

Luke 22: 43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

And there appeared message from the Father working in the Son of man. Not a legion of spirit goods working in the Son of man Jesus . Not as I will but you. again not a legion of spirit gods called angels from heaven, strengthening him.

That destroys the gospel the promised work of two

Worshiping spirit gods is needed to perform the idea of patron saints spirit gods, in the likeness of men (3500 and rising).

Acts 14: 11 And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the likeness of men. And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker.
Aside from saying you're undermining your own position, I'm not going to digress further from the op.

Aside from saying you're undermining your own position, I'm not going to digress further from the op.

Hi thanks for the reply

Not a salvation issue more of a reminder be careful how we hear who we say we do . Satan is quick to snatch the seed if it falls of the light of the gospel.

Something I have been looking at wondering about for quite some time, (45 years) when I first opened up the living word and started studying according to his loving commandment 2 Timothy 2;15. Still learning I hope. I have . I am not seen anything that would give the idea of gods as two different sources invisible power, our Holy Father and a legion of angels created within six days ?

A spirit has no form (gods) is the topic .You offered it is off-topic. I think we agree on the symbolic word thousand a unknown number.

When did God create a legion of what are called angels as spirit gods as workers ?. Which day of the 6 did he work to create this other kind of invisible authority other than his own?

Messengers (not angel a fake word ) apostles .How beautiful are their feet shod with the gospel of peace .

A comparison. .(1)Catholicism with (2)Greek Orthodox two sects the venerated the flesh of dying father's that lorded it over the faith *understanding" of the non-venerable pew warmers.

The authority of dying men raised up above that which is writen (sola scriptura) That spirit of error the legion of fathers (patron saints) is after the god of this world. That kind of spirit was passed down from the (1)Pharisees with (2)Sadducees . "two" . Two used in parables indicates God has spoken. the (1)"let there be" and (2) "it was good as a principle" . The (1)Father and (2) Son the witness of the one our Father with power sending them out two by two again the one witness of God

Angels a legion of gods in the likeness of men called patron saints (3500 and rising gods without form . The foundation of necromancy, the living seeking a legion of the dead workers with familiar spirits . I think the word messenger is a better translation nothing is needed to be added to it or taking away from it.

2 Kings 23:24 Moreover the workers with familiar spirits,(spirit gods) and the wizards, and the images, (put a face on the legion) and the idols, and all the abominations that were spied in the land of Judah and in Jerusalem, did Josiah put away, that he might perform the words of the law which were written in the book (sola scriptura) that Hilkiah the priest found in the house of the Lord.

Jossiah, God's favorite king

we are to have no other angels spirit gods before the one Spirit of truth. One manner. . our invisible Father hallowed be thy name not the names of the legion of dead spirit gods.

Exodus 20:1-3 And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

"Free"?

Would you please elaborate? Do you believe "the wages of sin is death," "dead in trespasses and sin," and "everyone who commits sin is a slave of sin," applies only to humans and not also to the heavenly host? If the answer is "Yes," then Satan is not free, and hasn't been free since Genesis 1. He is a slave of sin, like any other creature who disobeys God. If that is true then all the many, many things scripture says about the effects of sin (futile thinking, hostility toward God, in ability to understand the things of the Spirit, etc. apply to him.

Second question: Do you believe Satan can do anything he wants, regardless of his Creator?

Third question: Do you believe Jesus now rules all?

Fourth question: If the answer to the second question is "yes," and the answer to the third question is also "yes," then how are the two reconciled (because if Jesus rules all then Satan is not free to do as he pleases)?

Note: the first three questions are worded so they can be answered, "yes," or "no,"* The third question is the only question asking for explanatory elaboration. Before answering, consider giving this post HERE a read.

*"I do not know" is also a possible and acceptable answer.
If evil is not becoming the greatest problem today, then you havent seen the news lately..

If evil is not becoming the greatest problem today, then you havent seen the news lately..
If God is not understood to be in control, then nothing in the Bible has been understood correctly.

And you need to keep the posts about the posts, not the posters.

The Lord has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,

The Jews rejected Christ and He warned them, but it came to pass..

Matthew 21:43
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

And we see it continued...
Acts 18:5-6
5 And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ.
6 And when they opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own heads; I am clean; from henceforth I will go unto the Gentiles.

Back