• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Only the Father sees what is done in secret

Runningman who is referred to here “holy one”?

Job 6:10
Then should I yet have comfort; yea, I would harden myself in sorrow: let him not spare; for I have not concealed the words of the Holy One.
Obviously that would be Yahweh, also known as the Father. Let me guess, you're going to go to the verse that call's Jesus God's holy one right? God being the holy One and Jesus being God's holy one don't mean they are the same person. It only demonstrates Jesus is owned by God.

Revelation 11​
15Then the seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and loud voices called out in heaven:​
“The kingdom of the world​
has become the kingdom of our Lord
and of His Christ,
and He will reign forever and ever.”​
1 Corinthians 3​
23and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.

You can append my username with an @ symbol if you want to get my attention easier. That will let me know you're addressing me in my notifications.

So have you actually ever read all of Isaiah 7 or did you stop at verse 14? Look how verse 15 describes Immanuel.

Isaiah 7​
15By the time He knows enough to reject evil and choose good, He will be eating curds and honey.​

Lookie there, he isn't God. He's a regular human who needed time know enough to reject evil and choose good. He had to learn what is righteous and what isn't. He understand spiritual development one may say.

Luke 2​
52And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.​

Furthermore, Matt 1:23 doesn't say Jesus is the God who is with us as it only provides the definition of the name Immanuel. God was with Jesus and Jesus was with the people.

Acts 10​
37You yourselves know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee with the baptism that John proclaimed: 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him.
Is the child God?

You always lean on the humanity of Christ when you know very well there are two natures in His one person! True God and true Man!

How do you explain this one?

He was just a man and long before the anointing or learning?

Lk 2:46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.

Is the child God?

You always lean on the humanity of Christ when you know very well there are two natures in His one person! True God and true Man!
God isn't a nature.

How do you explain this one?

He was just a man and long before the anointing or learning?

Lk 2:46 And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions.

47 And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
Ever heard of a child prodigy? Some kids are going to MIT and Harvard.

Runningman btw Jesus Christ is the word! Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Runningman btw Jesus Christ is the word! Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
In the beginning the Word was a thing that manifested life into a human.

1 John 1
1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our own eyes, which we have gazed upon and touched with our own hands—this is the Word of life. 2And this is the life that was revealed; we have seen it and testified to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life that was with the Father and was revealed to us.
3We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And this fellowship of ours is with the Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ.

Then how did he exist before Abraham?

The word already existed before becoming man!

Obviously that would be Yahweh, also known as the Father. Let me guess, you're going to go to the verse that call's Jesus God's holy one right? God being the holy One and Jesus being God's holy one don't mean they are the same person. It only demonstrates Jesus is owned by God.

Revelation 11​
15Then the seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and loud voices called out in heaven:​
“The kingdom of the world​
has become the kingdom of our Lord
and of His Christ,
and He will reign forever and ever.”​
1 Corinthians 3​
23and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.
I was going to this one!

Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;

In the beginning the Word was a thing that manifested life into a human.

1 John 1
1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our own eyes, which we have gazed upon and touched with our own hands—this is the Word of life. 2And this is the life that was revealed; we have seen it and testified to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life that was with the Father and was revealed to us.
3We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And this fellowship of ours is with the Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ.
A person! True God and true man!

Then how did he exist before Abraham?

The word already existed before becoming man!
If someone literally existed before Abraham it doesn't speak to how long they existed before Abraham. In any case, there aren't any citations for that in the Old Testament. There isn't a clear reason to see that as a literal pre-existence for Jesus anymore than there are for other people.

2 Timothy 1
9He has saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works, but by His own purpose and by the grace He granted us in Christ Jesus before time began.

I was going to this one!

Acts 3:14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
yes... the holy one (of God.)

Back