• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Only the Father sees what is done in secret

Your OP has the Son being excluded from seeing what is done in secret.
This is refuted in 1 Corinthians 4:5.
Not at all. 1 Cor. 4:5 is in regards to judgement day. It has nothing to do with fasting. Only the Father sees what is done in secret.

Yet you still have nothing about Jesus seeing what is done in secret. Okay then. My OP stands unrefuted and unchallenged. The deity of Jesus was debunked. Now that page one is over, you're free to play your games.

18so that your fasting will not be obvious to men, but only to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

There is no Greek word for "only" in Matthew 6:18.

Prove otherwise.

You can keep using that defective translation of you want to, but it is deceiving you even more.

Putting this one page two in case anyone needs a quick reference:

The Father is the only recipient of prayer - Matt 6:6,9
The Father is the only recipient of worship - John 4:23,24
The Father is the only recipient of fasting - Matt 6:16-18
The Father is the only one who sees what is in secret - Matt 6:18
The Father is the only true God - John 17:3

There is no Greek word for "only" in Matthew 6:18.

Prove otherwise.
Only is a proper translation. No one sees what is done is secret, but the Father. That means he is the exception to the no one therefore He is the only one who sees what is done in secret. Numerous translations rightly capture this fact. That's why there is nothing about "the Son" or others seeing what is done in secret in the Bible.

Only is a proper translation. No one sees what is done is secret, but the Father.

Boring again!

See post 2.

Interesting how Unitarians have to add to the Bible to support their heresy.

Thanks. I'll keep this in mind.

Glad you laugh at your own evasion.

So you don't believe any of this?

The Father is the only recipient of prayer - Matt 6:6,9
The Father is the only recipient of worship - John 4:23,24
The Father is the only recipient of fasting - Matt 6:16-18
The Father is the only one who sees what is in secret - Matt 6:18
The Father is the only true God - John 17:3

Searching someone's heart isn't the same thing as witnessing something they are doing in secret in real time while they were doing it. The Bible is clear only the Father, YHWH, is accessing this privileged information.

Proverbs 15
3The eyes of the LORD are in every place,
observing the evil and the good.

Runningman never replied to this one:

Isa 7:14 / Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Does God the father become a child?

Titles Jesus doesn't share with God Closed to replies so I’ll say it here.​

Excellent job in cherry-picking verses that only refer to the human nature of Christ while avoiding those that refer to His divinity!

True God and true man!

Thks

What mystery is this?

Col 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Runningman who is referred to here “holy one”?

Job 6:10
Then should I yet have comfort; yea, I would harden myself in sorrow: let him not spare; for I have not concealed the words of the Holy One.

Runningman never replied to this one:

Isa 7:14 / Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Does God the father become a child?
You can append my username with an @ symbol if you want to get my attention easier. That will let me know you're addressing me in my notifications.

So have you actually ever read all of Isaiah 7 or did you stop at verse 14? Look how verse 15 describes Immanuel.

Isaiah 7​
15By the time He knows enough to reject evil and choose good, He will be eating curds and honey.​

Lookie there, he isn't God. He's a regular human who needed time know enough to reject evil and choose good. He had to learn what is righteous and what isn't. He understand spiritual development one may say.

Luke 2​
52And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.​

Furthermore, Matt 1:23 doesn't say Jesus is the God who is with us as it only provides the definition of the name Immanuel. God was with Jesus and Jesus was with the people.

Acts 10​
37You yourselves know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee with the baptism that John proclaimed: 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him.

Titles Jesus doesn't share with God Closed to replies so I’ll say it here.​

Excellent job in cherry-picking verses that only refer to the human nature of Christ while avoiding those that refer to His divinity!

True God and true man!

Thks
So you don't have an actual rebuttal to that thread except to say that Jesus is a human when he isn't God? The fact is Jesus isn't God because that isn't who he is.

Back