• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Only the Father sees what is done in secret

That's correct and according to Acts 17:24,25 God is the Lord of heaven and earth. In Matthew 11:25, Jesus directly calls the Father the Lord of heaven and earth. Since Jesus is never called the Lord of heaven and earth, then Jesus isn't the God who gives life to all people. That's sola scriptura.
It’s impossible to believe that scripture is the only revelation
Psalm 19:1 the heavens reveal the glory of the Lord and show His handiwork.
Cos the are beautiful and well ordered

That's correct and according to Acts 17:24,25 God is the Lord of heaven and earth. In Matthew 11:25, Jesus directly calls the Father the Lord of heaven and earth. Since Jesus is never called the Lord of heaven and earth, then Jesus isn't the God who gives life to all people. That's sola scriptura.
Then why does Jesus say he is the life? Jn 1:16-17 Jn 10:10 Jn 14:6

Scripture is what you quoted (thus, the foundation) for believing that God reveals Himself in creation.

There is most certainly more revelation than just what is in the canonized Bible. I have no doubt about that, but it wouldn't contradict other revelations from God. There are a lot of ancient writings that aren't in the Bible. I don't dismiss something just because it was called heretical by some guy. Some of the writings were only called heretical because it didn't fit some random bishop's pet doctrine or it was inconvenient for some reason.

The bottom line is, we at least have the Old Testament as tried, trued, and time-tested standard. I highly recommend we build from there.

Then why does Jesus say he is the life? Jn 1:16-17 Jn 10:10 Jn 14:6
Because he was granted authority by his Father, the only true God, to give eternal life to whoever his Father gives him.

John 17
1When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You. 2For You granted Him authority over all people, so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him. 3Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.

Only God s Lord??? Deut 6:4
One Lord and God over all and under Him are subordinate Lords. Do you believe that there can be a hierarchy? I think it's necessary.

Scripture is what you quoted (thus, the foundation) for believing that God reveals Himself in creation.
Cos it’s noted as n scripture does not change the fact that the heavens themselves everyday declare the revelation of the glory of God

Peter received revelation as did John the Baptist directly from God and the apostles directly from Christ for three years just cos it’s recorded in scripture decades later does not make it scripture

Cos it’s noted as n scripture does not change the fact that the heavens themselves everyday declare the revelation of the glory of God

Which is true because it is what Scripture teaches.

There is most certainly more revelation than just what is in the canonized Bible. I have no doubt about that, but it wouldn't contradict other revelations from God. There are a lot of ancient writings that aren't in the Bible. I don't dismiss something just because it was called heretical by some guy. Some of the writings were only called heretical because it didn't fit some random bishop's pet doctrine or it was inconvenient for some reason.

The bottom line is, we at least have the Old Testament as tried, trued, and time-tested standard. I highly recommend we build from there.
Always said sacred scripture yes!
Sacred scripture alone no!

Scripture has not list of what is scripture so how do we know what really is sacred scripture?
All 73 books authorized by the teaching authority of Christ in his church or the English Bible society’s 66 books with missing chapters? Deleted by the tradition of men!

Because he was granted authority by his Father, the only true God, to give eternal life to whoever his Father gives him.

John 17
1When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son may glorify You. 2For You granted Him authority over all people, so that He may give eternal life to all those You have given Him. 3Now this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent.
Then He should say: “I am the means of life or the means to life” not I AM the life!

One Lord and God over all and under Him are subordinate Lords. Do you believe that there can be a hierarchy? I think it's necessary.
In what we is Jesus as an unborn infant the Lord of Elizabeth?

Always said sacred scripture yes!
Sacred scripture alone no!

Scripture has not list of what is scripture so how do we know what really is sacred scripture?
All 73 books authorized by the teaching authority of Christ in his church or the English Bible society’s 66 books with missing chapters? Deleted by the tradition of men!
The likelihood of just getting lucky enough to find the truth is just as good as finding a needing in a haystack. Most of the writings of the early church, the creeds, etc are not divinely inspired. They're riddled with heresies, contradictions, etc. That's why none of those writings made it into the Bible when church doctrine and scripture was being standardized. There was a council for this because there were a lot of contradictory writings and theologies early on, much like how there is now.

As you may well notice, there is more than one way to interpret and understand the Bible. That wasn't an accident. They were trying to appeal to the largest amount of people possible. That would require a dissertation to explain that, but it would be more meaningful for you research this on your own rather than take it from me.

Then He should say: “I am the means of life or the means to life” not I AM the life!
Yet that's what he said and how many things in the Bible are worded because it refers to the source rather than the instrument. The instrument isn't the literal way, truth, and life if the way, truth, and life come from God. When you finally see it, you can't unsee it.

Is the plumber the one fixing a leaking pipe or is it the wrench? It's the same with Jesus. God sent His only begotten Son to save the world through him. This is crucial to understand.

Jesus got his way from God:

John 5​
19So Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing by Himself, unless He sees the Father doing it. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does.​

Jesus got his truth from God:

John 8​
40But now you are trying to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham never did such a thing.​

Jesus got his life from God:

John 5​
26For as the Father has life in Himself, so also He has granted the Son to have life in Himself.​

In what we is Jesus as an unborn infant the Lord of Elizabeth?
and yet Mary is the mother of Elizabeth's Lord. So is Mary the mother of God or the mother of a human? Why did the virgin give birth to one who would be called "God with us?"

Irrelevant because Scripture is the ultimate source/foundation.
“Scripture is the only authority”!
Complete failure!

Now we change it to ultimate authority!

“Scripture is the only authority”!
Complete failure!

Now we change it to ultimate authority!

You can attack the Scripture if you want, but it won't turn out well for you.

Back