• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Only the Father sees what is done in secret

The likelihood of just getting lucky enough to find the truth is just as good as finding a needing in a haystack. Most of the writings of the early church, the creeds, etc are not divinely inspired. They're riddled with heresies, contradictions, etc. That's why none of those writings made it into the Bible when church doctrine and scripture was being standardized. There was a council for this because there were a lot of contradictory writings and theologies early on, much like how there is now.

As you may well notice, there is more than one way to interpret and understand the Bible. That wasn't an accident. They were trying to appeal to the largest amount of people possible. That would require a dissertation to explain that, but it would be more meaningful for you research this on your own rather than take it from me.
Acts 1:8 is a falsehood?

Not “scripture alone”!

Scripture and the apostles are the same effect, no difference

1 John 1:4
And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

2 John 1:12
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

and yet Mary is the mother of Elizabeth's Lord. So is Mary the mother of God or the mother of a human? Why did the virgin give birth to one who would be called "God with us?"
Mother of his entire divine person
Not mother of his divinity

You can attack the Scripture if you want, but it won't turn out well for you.
Scripture yes!
Scripture alone no!

Don’t change the subject it’s disingenuous!

Not “scripture alone”!

Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Yet that's what he said and how many things in the Bible are worded because it refers to the source rather than the instrument. The instrument isn't the literal way, truth, and life if the way, truth, and life come from God. When you finally see it, you can't unsee it.

Is the plumber the one fixing a leaking pipe or is it the wrench? It's the same with Jesus. God sent His only begotten Son to save the world through him. This is crucial to understand.

Jesus got his way from God:

John 5​
19So Jesus replied, “Truly, truly, I tell you, the Son can do nothing by Himself, unless He sees the Father doing it. For whatever the Father does, the Son also does.​

Jesus got his truth from God:

John 8​
40But now you are trying to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham never did such a thing.​

Jesus got his life from God:

John 5​
26For as the Father has life in Himself, so also He has granted the Son to have life in Himself.​
What does “son of God” mean?

What does “son of God” mean?
Fundamentally it means he isn't God. The son of a father isn't their father regardless of how much of the same nature they share. Right? Why do you have a different idea about Jesus?

Well, no that isn't what I said and it wasn't the point I was making. Why do you ask if Acts 1:8 is false?
The fathers are Christ’s witnesses in person!

Scripture? Yes!

Scripture alone? No!

Scripture is the church’s witness or testimony of Christ!

The fathers are Christ’s witnesses in person!

Scripture? Yes!

Scripture alone? No!

Scripture is the church’s witness or testimony of Christ!
I have no problem with the Bible being scripture, but not some of the other writings that contradict the Bible.

I have no problem with the Bible being scripture, but not some of the other writings that contradict the Bible.
Matt 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

Only God may be lawfully worshipped

Matt 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

Only God may be lawfully worshipped
Only God is bowed to as God. Others are bowed to through out the Bible, kings, people of rank, etc. However, whether on earth or heaven, only the Father and not Jesus get's the glory for it.

Philippians 2
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Only God is bowed to as God. Others are bowed to through out the Bible, kings, people of rank, etc. However, whether on earth or heaven, only the Father and not Jesus get's the glory for it.

Philippians 2
10that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

11and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
I said worshiped not bowed!

So Jesus does and the faithful don’t receive glory? It’s this right?

I said worshiped not bowed!

So Jesus does and the faithful don’t receive glory? It’s this right?

The idea being talked about Matthew 28 refers to a bowing down. You think God simply needs you to bow down to Him? Even the demons can bow with a heart full of hate. Bowing really has little to do, if anything, with the actual kind of worship God is looking for.

Which means nothing against the Lord being Jesus.
Which means the wrath of God has come. Dying mankind worshiping the dying creature (Jesus the Son of man) above the invisible head, the Father as Christ (Christ meaning anointing teaching master) The master that worked in the Son of man jesus not as I will but you will the one with "Let there be" power and "it was God alone good"

The Son of man Jesus has no power to create substance from no substance .

Romans 1:19-25 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Simple worshiping the image Jesus the Son of man (the temporal dying things seen) above the "image Creator" He forms the light which eposes the darkness, things not seen. things of faith.

Repeat

Most high God, the Lord, in Him we live and move and have our being.

Acts 17:27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

Servants

Acts 16:17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

Paul was a servant of Christ.

Acts 9: 16 For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake.

Jesus the Lord, most high God!

Different person than the Father!

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

One divine nature / being / substance

Three divine persons

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!

God is Spirit, but if the father sends the spirit, and the father is the spirit, then the father would be sending himself?

If Jesus is only a man his name would have no power or authority!

If only the Father is God; then only the Father would have authority, and all things would be done on the name of the Father and not in the name of Jesus, only by the Father or the name of the Father would there be power and authority, but sacred scripture attributes power and authority to the name of Jesus!
Jn 14:6 Acts 4:12 Acts 3:6

Phil 2:10 and even every man is subject to the name of Jesus!

More evidence

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

The church of God is the body of Christ:

Ephesians 5:23
for the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of the body.

1 Tim 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

1 Tim 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

The church of Christ is the church of God!

Christ is God!

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Rom 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Jn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jesus is creator / Jesus is divine!

Back