• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Mystery of the most holy trinity!

1 Cor 4:5 refers to God, not Jesus. I am working with you here.

The "Lord" in 1 Corinthians 4:5 refers to Jesus.

1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will disclose the motives of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise from God.

Try comparing what is in boldface above with 1 Corinthians 11:26 to see who the "Lord" is that Paul is referring to.

Looks like it isn't Jesus knowing everyone's hearts. Explained and clarified by Romans 2:16.

Romans 2
16on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Christ Jesus, as proclaimed by my gospel.

That doesn't prove Jesus doesn't know the hearts of all.
Both He and the Father know them.

Thanks again for making this easy for me.

That doesn't prove Jesus doesn't know the hearts of all.
Both He and the Father know them.

Thanks again for making this easy for me.
According to scripture, God does the judging of hearts through the man He has appointed. That means Jesus isn't the one doing the judging of the hearts and he isn't God. They didn't pray to Jesus in Acts 1:24

Acts 17
31For He has set a day when He will judge the world with justice by the Man He has appointed. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising Him from the dead.”

Romans 2
16on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Christ Jesus, as proclaimed by my gospel.

There are probably at least a dozen verses in the old testament that say it's YHWH who knows all hearts. No mention of Jesus being that person.

The "Lord" in 1 Corinthians 4:5 refers to Jesus.

1 Corinthians 4:5
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will disclose the motives of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise from God.

Try comparing what is in boldface above with 1 Corinthians 11:26 to see who the "Lord" is that Paul is referring to.

You're bolding the word Lord believing it refers to Jesus, but there is nothing in the chapter to suggest that the Lord in this context refers to Jesus. The one doing the judging of the hearts is God according to Acts 17:31 and Romans 2:16.

Look again at 1 Cor 4:5... "and then shall every man have praise from God."

So you seem to have nothing in all of scripture that either proves Jesus is God, that Jesus is omniscient and knows all hearts, or that he was ever prayed to.

Ephesians 5
19Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your hearts to the Lord,

Yes, sing to Jesus!

But wait, a person can sing to Jesus but not pray to Jesus?

You dodged 1 Corinthians 11:26.

Try again.
I don't believe you have mentioned that verse until now so that wouldn't be a dodge.

Try 1 Thess 4:14 that shows when Jesus returns it isn't under his own power. Jesus doesn't even know when he returns according to Matt 24:36

1 Thess 4
14For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, we also believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.

Yes, sing to Jesus!

But wait, a person can sing to Jesus but not pray to Jesus?
The point is that if singing to God is worship then singing to one another is worship. Singing isn't worship. Paul defined worship as a life of sacrifice and obedience to God. We don't give each other a life of sacrifice and obedience because we don't worship each other or Jesus.

Romans 1
1Therefore I urge you, brothers, on account of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

Not done. That was in response to post 102 and it wasn't even an exegetical answer. It was just your disagreement and opinion.

Then if you can't figure it out then that is not my problem.

It was mentioned in post 126 and even earlier in post 121.
I don't need to answer all of your talking points if you aren't going to answer mine.

So if I say the words slowly to Him it is wrong, but if I speed up these same words to Him in song then it is okay?

It's great to see where you false doctrine takes you.

I can sing, "I love you Jesus" but I better not say those very same words in regular speaking speed.
Classic!

Back