• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Mystery of the most holy trinity!

It’s christ’s authority in His apostolic church

And the apostolic church don’t need scripture to know truth! Jn 8:32 taught by Christ in person and lead by the spirit Jn 16:13
And so, there you have it! According to @donadams , the true church doesn't need scripture. Good luck with that, Don.

You saying so doesn't make it so. The RCC saying so doesn't make it so. You have shown me apostolic authority in Scripture, concerning the NT apostles. But again, you have not shown me where the NT apostles, nor the text of Scripture, authorize the continuation of apostleship throughout the ages. It is necessary to do so, if you wish to prove that the scriptures concerning the sufficiency of Scripture, and the proscriptions against more Scripture being added, to include other gospels and the doctrines of men (where the magisterium is supreme, all to be accepted by the plebes who must accept the authority of the magisterium) are not applicable to the question of apostolic succession.
Jn 20:21
Same authority as Christ!

Christ made and sent apostles

So the apostles make and send apostles with the same authority

apostles are a requirement of the new covenant

The apostolic church NEVER taught sola scriptura!

One, Holy, catholic, and apostolic church!

No apostles no truth:
Apostles commanded to teach all men! Matt 28:19

No apostles No sacramental grace:
Apostles commanded to sanctify all men! Matt 28:19 2 pet 1:11

No apostles no salvation: Show way of salvation. Acts 16:17

No apostles no one for the HS to lead into all truth. Jn 16:13 Jn 8:32 the pillar of truth. 1 Tim 3:25

Truth and error known by obedience to the apostles. 1 Jn 4:6

No apostles no priests to offer the Propitious atoning sacrifice of Christ, or to administer the sacraments the fruits (grace) of His sacrifice. Mal 1:11

No apostles no new covenant church, the only ark of salvation. Matt 16:18-19 Jn 20:21-23 eph 2:20
No apostles no one to absolve from sin. Jn 20:23 1 Jn 1:9

The apostolic church was commanded by Christ to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation Matt 28:19

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:24 and apostolic Matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:19 Matt 18:18 eph 2:20

And so, there you have it! According to @donadams , the true church doesn't need scripture. Good luck with that, Don.
Don’t change my words, I said the apostolic church does not require scripture to know the truth, not that scripture is somehow unnecessary

Revelation from the father Matt 16:17
The Holy Spirit Jn 16:13
Neither are scripture

Psalm 19:1 not scripture but is revelation

Scripture is the possession of the church, the church wrote it, but received revelation from God in person

New Testament in his blood!

Scripture is the Church’s testimony of Christ!

Tim 1:11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Gospel of God / Gospel of Christ!

Mk 1:1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

The first verse of this chapter clearly indicates Jesus isn’t God.

2 Tim 4
1I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom:
No, it indicates the two share a common role as Judge of all, and that is heretical if Jesus is not also God because someone assuming a divine role (like Lucifer attempted to do) is the antithesis of a perfect Lord and Savior. No deconstruction of Greek syntax can contradict logic.

Why do you ignore clear statements of Jesus?
Why do you make the conversation about the posters and not the posts? Stick to the posts' contents and leave the posters out of it. Ad hominem and red herring are worthless arguments of the flesh so sticking to the posts' content goes for everyone else, too.

Why do you make the conversation about the posters and not the posts? Stick to the posts' contents and leave the posters out of it. Ad hominem and red herring are worthless arguments of the flesh so sticking to the posts' content goes for everyone else, too.
I am here to correct misrepresentations of God and Jesus of trins.

If you do it I will address it.

You can pretty much count on grace2 not to cite and/or quote Scripture and then discuss it at any length.

Don’t change my words, I said the apostolic church does not require scripture to know the truth, not that scripture is somehow unnecessary

Revelation from the father Matt 16:17
The Holy Spirit Jn 16:13
Neither are scripture

Psalm 19:1 not scripture but is revelation

Scripture is the possession of the church, the church wrote it, but received revelation from God in person

New Testament in his blood!

Scripture is the Church’s testimony of Christ!
Been there. Done that. Got something new? Something that doesn't take preconceived notions to prove the reasoning?

I am here to correct misrepresentations of God and Jesus of trins.
The posts prove otherwise. You made the discussion about the posters, NOT about "misrepresentations of God," and now, instead of returning to the subject you're talking about yourself. Others. Self. Misrepresentations of God. Two swings and two strikes.
If you do it I will address it.
The posts prove otherwise.

Try sticking to the op-topic and keep the posts about the posts, not the posters. :)

Try sticking to the op-topic and keep the posts about the posts, not the posters. :)
I am correcting triune god believers' false witnessing.

It is corrective criticism.

You ought to know the difference.

Is it another of your tactics to focus away from your false spreading?

I am correcting triune god believers' false witnessing.

It is corrective criticism.

You ought to know the difference.

Is it another of your tactics to focus away from your false spreading?
Still off-topic. I did not ask for anything about you. Got anything op-relevant to post? If so, then post it. If not, then don't expect further reply.

Still off-topic. I did not ask for anything about you. Got anything op-relevant to post? If so, then post it. If not, then don't expect further reply.

That's fine, you should not repeat the same meaningless apologetics.

I know you don't like it but my comments are all on topic.

I will still point out if you spread the falsehood.

Mystery of the most holy trinity!​

ba'al, astarte and moloch.

The three ancient gods of Canaan.

Mystery solved?!!

Protestant sects require the scriptures to know the truth of the word of God but not the apostolic church which was taught by Christ (God) in person for three years and taught (preached) the word of God decades before scripture was ever written.

Christ commanded the apostles to teach all men. (Matt 28:19)

Example:

Acts 8:4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.

Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

Thks

Mystery of the most holy trinity!​

ba'al, astarte and moloch.

The three ancient gods of Canaan.

Mystery solved?!!
Please explain Matt 28:19 teach all men baptize them in the name (singular) of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

Are there three persons or modes?
Thks

The Nicene Creed with scripture reference.

I believe in one God, (Romans 10:10; Deuteronomy 6:4)
the Father Almighty, (Matthew 6:9; Exodus 6:3)
maker of heaven and earth, (Genesis 1:1; John 1:1)
But Jesus is the Maker of heaven and earth per your reference of John 1:1 when read in context.

John 1:In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. ....10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. 11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
and of all things visible and invisible. (Colossians 1:16)
And in one Lord Jesus Christ, (Romans 10:9, Ephesians 4:5)
the only-begotten Son of God, (John 3:16; Matthew 16:16)
begotten of His Father before all worlds, (John 1:2)
God of God, Light of Light, (John 17:22; John 8:12; John 1:1)
very God of very God, (Colossians 2:9)
begotten, not made, (John 1:2)
being of one substance with the Father, (John 10:30)
by Whom all things were made; (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:3)
See how the Nicene creed contradict itself by citing now the Son by Whom all things are made?
Who for us men and for our salvation (1 Timothy 2:4; Romans 3:23)
came down from heaven (John 6:41; Luke 15:20)
and was incarnate by the Holy Spirit of the virgin Mary (Luke 1:34–35)
and was made man; (John 1:14)
and was crucified also for us under Pontius Pilate. (Mark 15:25; John 19:16–18)
He suffered and was buried. (John 19:1–3; Luke 23:53)
And the third day he rose again according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:4; Luke 24:6)
and ascended into heaven (Acts 1:9)
and sits at the right hand of the Father. (Acts 7:55)
And He will come again with glory (Matthew 26:64)
to judge both the living and the dead, (Acts 10:42; Matthew 3:12)
Whose kingdom will have no end. (Luke 1:33; 2 Peter 1:11)
And I believe in the Holy Spirit, (John 14:26; Genesis 1:2; Acts 2:38)
yeah I believe in the Holy Ghost as well, but not the following glory being given to Him below as the Giver of Life when Jesus is.
the Lord and giver of life, (Genesis 1:2; John 3:6)
John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work? 31 Our fathers did eat manna in the desert; as it is written, He gave them bread from heaven to eat.

32 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven.

33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

34 Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread.

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. 36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Again, John 6th chapter was never about communion but about the Good News in Jesus Christ for how believing in Him is how we are saved.

Jesus is the giver of Life and the Holy Spirit in us would defer that glorious title to the Son instead, and so should we,

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life
Who proceeds from the Father and the Son, (John 15:26)
Who with the Father and the Son together is worshiped and glorified, (Matthew 3:16–17; Luke 2:14)
None of those scripture references proves nor teach the practice of worshipping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son at all.

Scripture tells us how to come to God the Father by for anything, and that includes worship, prayer, and fellowship.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus cannot stress this enough that climbing up another way around the Son is a work of iniquity.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber..... 7 Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep.
Jesus emphasized the only way to honor the father was by honoring the Son because the moment we stop honoring the Son, say like honoring the Holy Spirit or the "blessed trinity", then they are not doing what the Father had told us to specifically to do.
John 5:
22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.
The holy laughter movement went across the denominational divide by manifesting in Catholic & Protestant churches in 1997 as it was no longer a streamlined Pentecostal/Charismatic supernatural phenomenon as reported by the 700 Club.
That is what churches and believers get for not heeding His words for why and how they fall in that movement.
To prevent that from occurring in any church, they need to narrow the way back to the straight gate or risk being left behind for doing that work of iniquity as if we can honor the father by honoring the Holy Spirit or the blessed Trinity when the Son is the only way. That includes using communion as if that is another way to come to God by too, when it is not, Only Jesus Christ Himself.
Luke 13:
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out. 29 And they shall come from the east, and from the west, and from the north, and from the south, and shall sit down in the kingdom of God. 30 And, behold, there are last which shall be first, and there are first which shall be last.

I know ye not whence ye are.." hence they all been taking the wrong direction in coming to God the Father by instead of the Son.
Who spoke by the prophets. (Ezekiel 11:5; 2 Peter 1:20–21)
And I believe in one holy Christian and apostolic Church, (1 Peter 2:5; Ephesians 2:19–22)
I acknowledge one Baptism for the remission of sins, (Ephesians 4:5; Acts 2:38 acts 22:16)
Not water baptism but by believing in Jesus Christ for the remission of sins and thus have received the promise of the Holy Spirit. Acts 1-:43-44

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
and I look for the resurrection of the dead (1 Corinthians 15:35–49; 1 Thessalonians 4:13–18)
and the life of the world to come. (Mark 10:29–30; Matthew 10:40–42)
Amen. (Psalm 106:48)
Since it was an ecumenical creed to bring all churches under its authority, and thus introducing false teachings while claiming to prevent false teachings, the Nicene Council has caused many to go astray.

Please explain Matt 28:19 teach all men baptize them in the name (singular) of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit?

Are there three persons or modes?
Thks
With respect, I'll be happy to explain it if you'll first show an example of baptism in the Bible performed in that formula. See, without that, Matt. 28:19 is just a misinterpretation.

There are neither three persons, nor three modes. That is a fallacy.

God is unlimited and omnipresent. He doesn't need to only be one of the three at a time as the Modalism fallacy declares and He is one individual person.

Jesus declares to be omnipresent while in the body in John 3:13 just as Jer. 23:24 declares the Father (Source) to be omnipresent. God is so much more than the trinity doctrine makes Him out to be. The trinity divides, diminishes and limits Him. He will not be divided, just as He declares in Isaiah 42:8, and He is not limited to human limitations nor diminished by man's fables about Him.

Different person than the Father!

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

One divine nature / being / substance

Three divine persons

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!

God is Spirit, but if the father sends the spirit, and the father is the spirit, then the father would be sending himself?

If Jesus is only a man his name would have no power or authority!

If only the Father is God; then only the Father would have authority, and all things would be done on the name of the Father and not in the name of Jesus, only by the Father or the name of the Father would there be power and authority, but sacred scripture attributes power and authority to the name of Jesus!
Jn 14:6 Acts 4:12 Acts 3:6

Phil 2:10 and even every man is subject to the name of Jesus!

Different person than the Father!

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

One divine nature / being / substance

Three divine persons

Father, Son, and Holy Spirit!

God is Spirit, but if the father sends the spirit, and the father is the spirit, then the father would be sending himself?

If Jesus is only a man his name would have no power or authority!

If only the Father is God; then only the Father would have authority, and all things would be done on the name of the Father and not in the name of Jesus, only by the Father or the name of the Father would there be power and authority, but sacred scripture attributes power and authority to the name of Jesus!
Jn 14:6 Acts 4:12 Acts 3:6

Phil 2:10 and even every man is subject to the name of Jesus!
Same person.

"...the Spirit of Truth; ... ye know Him; for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you."
John 14:17

Who was living with the disciples when Jesus said these words?

He (Jesus) was.

He repeats His point in verse 21 and 23 when He sees that HE will come to live with them.

Rom. 8:9-11 also makes clear that Jesus IS the Holy Spirit.

Nowhere does the Bible teach that God is either multiple persons or three persons. Nowhere.

In fact, it teaches just the opposite from Genesis to Revelation.

Back