• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Mystery of the most holy trinity!

Acts 2:14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

Who are the eleven?
You sound like the JW. I don't play that game. Make your thesis; don't try to lead me along your paths.

Christianity is all about what Jesus teaches. why do you need to go to "apostolic authority" which you guys made up?

Trins' principle is so chaotic, to say the least.
Huh?

Acts 2:14 who are the eleven?
Thanks I would offer. .

We would have to go to the foundation of the doctrine of apostles (sent ones). Abel the first recorded apostles and martyr passed on to Seth who replaced Abel as the second born to represent all born again of the incorruptible the living word of God.

Many prophets were sent as apostles with the gospel of Christ as it is written (sola scriptura)
He set aside twelve to be used in the parable of the bride of wife of Christ the church found in Revelation 21.

Eleven is part of the twelve parts of the listed, twelve set aside for the sole purpose to represent the bride . Twenty-eight in the new testament all together not counting the Son of man the apostle Jesus.

Twelve is used in parable to signify the authority of God or completeness. Twelve tribes with the tribe of Dan missing to represent gates going in and out with the gospel the Old Testament saints . Twelve apostles with Judas missing to represent foundational walls of the city of Christ prepared for the bride the church the new testament saints. 12 times 12 the golden measure (hidden) not revealed 144,000 all of the saints as the chaste virgin bride beginning with Abel

Revelation 21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

Revelation 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

The tribe of Dan used to represent the letter of the law "death". Death as to the letter (do not or you will die) will not enter the new order and condemn another whole creation .

Just like the example of Judas under the judgement signified by Dan as one that falls backward or brakes a neck slain in the Holy Spirit

Genesis 49:15-17King James Version15 And he saw that rest was good, and the land that it was pleasant; and bowed his shoulder to bear, and became a servant unto tribute. Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel. Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

Again the testimony of the law of judgment. . fall back slain in the Spirit .Our Holy Father revealing the power of the tongue the living word produces life or lack of dead . The first I AM the voice of Father codemed the enemies of the gospel they fell backward according to the tribe of Dan . The second time I AM it freed the born again believers

John 18:5-7King James Version5 They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth.Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way:

The separation of the goats and the sheep, wheat and darnel,

Why do you think he set aside twelve, a remnant ?

You sound like the JW. I don't play that game. Make your thesis; don't try to lead me along your paths.
JWs are non-trins, you don't understand what they teach. They don't dismiss what Jesus says.

They are biblical unitarians because they dont dismiss what Jesus says, and trins are unbiblical unitarians because they dismiss too many of what Jesus says.

JWs are non-trins, you don't understand what they teach. They don't dismiss what Jesus says.

They are biblical unitarians because they dont dismiss what Jesus says, and trins are unbiblical unitarians because they dismiss too many of what Jesus says.
I wasn't referring to what they teach. I was referring to their method of argument. They love to ask leading questions. They love to frame the debate in their terms. THAT is what I don't play.

Who is "no one"? I care, and most Christians care. Apostolic authority was around during the NT church beginnings. But not what @donadams considers apostolic succession.

To say the Bible says otherwise, is self-contradictory. If nobody cares about apostolic authority, they don't care about plenary verbal inspiration.
The way Don seems to be using it is as a way to disregard what the Bible says. An appeal to authority can sometimes be more like a play on peoples' feelings of respect or familiarity towards a famous person or group to bypass critical thinking or, in this case, bypass the Bible.

Jesus does!

Apostolic church!
Sacred tradition (teaching)

The apostolic church was commanded by Christ to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation Matt 28:19
You seem to be appealing to the apostles to justify the trinity through apostolic succession. That is not what happened. You're just trying to bypass the Bible.

Christianity is all about what Jesus teaches. why do you need to go to "apostolic authority" which you guys made up?

Trins' principle is so chaotic, to say the least.
You mean which Jesus founded!
Matt 16:18-19
Matt 18:17-18
Matt 28:19
Jn 20:21-23
Acts 1:2-8
Eph 2:20

Thks

Being adamant doesn't mean that you are using Scripture right.
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles or “scripture alone”?

Acts 16:17 apostles show the way or “scripture alone”?

Which one?

Do you mean they don't take your bait and go into needless arguments?
It's not just needless arguments I avoid. It's the attempted traps, the accepting of their terms.

They don't answer questions posed to them, but ask leading questions to steer the conversation their way. They use words that mean several things to make equations connecting a word used one way to another meaning.

Reminds me of politics, where the question is never asked whether the Government has any business legislating a person's self-protection. The question is always, "Is this safe?"

Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles or “scripture alone”?

Acts 16:17 apostles show the way or “scripture alone”?

Which one?
See what you are doing? Proof texting, ignoring the context. This is New Testament —the Bible wasn't completed yet. You show apostolic authority —not apostolic succession.

Simple question who could possibly be the eleven, Judas no, he’s dead and lost, Paul, no he don’t come till latter. Only Mathias and apostolic succession can make the eleven with Peter the head of the church on earth, notice how Peter is always singled out!

Thanks I would offer. .

We would have to go to the foundation of the doctrine of apostles (sent ones). Abel the first recorded apostles and martyr passed on to Seth who replaced Abel as the second born to represent all born again of the incorruptible the living word of God.

Many prophets were sent as apostles with the gospel of Christ as it is written (sola scriptura)
He set aside twelve to be used in the parable of the bride of wife of Christ the church found in Revelation 21.

Eleven is part of the twelve parts of the listed, twelve set aside for the sole purpose to represent the bride . Twenty-eight in the new testament all together not counting the Son of man the apostle Jesus.

Twelve is used in parable to signify the authority of God or completeness. Twelve tribes with the tribe of Dan missing to represent gates going in and out with the gospel the Old Testament saints . Twelve apostles with Judas missing to represent foundational walls of the city of Christ prepared for the bride the church the new testament saints. 12 times 12 the golden measure (hidden) not revealed 144,000 all of the saints as the chaste virgin bride beginning with Abel

Revelation 21:15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

Revelation 21:17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

The tribe of Dan used to represent the letter of the law "death". Death as to the letter (do not or you will die) will not enter the new order and condemn another whole creation .

Just like the example of Judas under the judgement signified by Dan as one that falls backward or brakes a neck slain in the Holy Spirit

Genesis 49:15-17King James Version15 And he saw that rest was good, and the land that it was pleasant; and bowed his shoulder to bear, and became a servant unto tribute. Dan shall judge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel. Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

Again the testimony of the law of judgment. . fall back slain in the Spirit .Our Holy Father revealing the power of the tongue the living word produces life or lack of dead . The first I AM the voice of Father codemed the enemies of the gospel they fell backward according to the tribe of Dan . The second time I AM it freed the born again believers

John 18:5-7King James Version5 They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them. As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. Then asked he them again, Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth.Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he: if therefore ye seek me, let these go their way:

The separation of the goats and the sheep, wheat and darnel,

Why do you think he set aside twelve, a remnant ?
Simple question who could possibly be the eleven, Judas no, he’s dead and lost, Paul, no he don’t come till latter. Only Mathias and apostolic succession can make the eleven with Peter the head of the church on earth, notice how Peter is always singled out!

You seem to be appealing to the apostles to justify the trinity through apostolic succession. That is not what happened. You're just trying to bypass the Bible.

Matt 28:19 Jn 20:21 Acts 16:17 acts 2:42 men not “scripture alone”!

It's not just needless arguments I avoid. It's the attempted traps, the accepting of their terms.

They don't answer questions posed to them, but ask leading questions to steer the conversation their way. They use words that mean several things to make equations connecting a word used one way to another meaning.

Reminds me of politics, where the question is never asked whether the Government has any business legislating a person's self-protection. The question is always, "Is this safe?"
OP title: Mystery of the Most Holy Trinity.

You call it a mystery because it is not in the Bible. You guys made up this hideous doctrine that cannot be explained logically and biblically.

And you call it "mystery".

it is hilarious, friend.

See what you are doing? Proof texting, ignoring the context. This is New Testament —the Bible wasn't completed yet. You show apostolic authority —not apostolic succession.
All scripture is inspired even one word! But says nothing about context

Acts 2:14 how are there eleven without apostolic succession?

Matt 28:19 Jn 20:21 Acts 16:17 acts 2:42 men not “scripture alone”!
And they chose Matthias by casting lots. Yes, notice how every time Peter opened his mouth he was always saying something that means Jesus isn't God. Read Acts and his epistles.

2 Peter 1
2Grace and peace be multiplied to you through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord.

Back