• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Marian Dogmas

Christ’s

The immaculate conception is Mary being preserved from original sin

The virgin and miraculous birth is about christ

These are the “things” in Lk 1:49
The immaculate conception is Jesus being preserved from original sin.

Luke 1:49 for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name. jerked as it was by you from The Magnificat, says blessed is His holy name not "blessed is my (Mary) Holy name."

It is a Song of praise to God, not herself. It has nothing to do with her supposed perpetual virginity. If she herself were preserved from original sin, she herself could go to the cross and redeem a people for God. Besides that original sin has nothing to do with loss of virginity.

It does not affect His work of salvation but it is Christian Faith, revealed by Christ eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and commanded to be taught by Christ matt 28:19-20
Great: it has nothing do to with Jesus' work of salvation:
(that is quite a concession)

The outstanding question:
Please explain why anyone's salvation is dependent upon their believing Mary never once had sex with her husband AFTER Jesus was born?

What must I do to be saved?
Believe in the Perpetual Virginity of Mary!

Is that in your Bible?

That does not exclude the communion of saints praying and interceding for each other.
that is NOT Solus Christus
Solus Christus has nothing to do with intercessory prayer
And sharing in each other’s merits or rewards

Rev 2:13 faith martyr
The only person whose merits we share are Christ's.
that is Solus Christus

Great: it has nothing do to with Jesus' work of salvation:
(that is quite a concession)

The outstanding question:
Please explain why anyone's salvation is dependent upon their believing Mary never once had sex with her husband AFTER Jesus was born?

What must I do to be saved?
Believe in the Perpetual Virginity of Mary!

Is that in your Bible?
Unless I missed something I never claimed it did, it is still the teaching of the church founded by christ with authority to bind all Christians yo believe! Matt 16:18-19 matt 18:18

that is NOT Solus Christus
Solus Christus has nothing to do with intercessory prayer

The only person whose merits we share are Christ's.
that is Solus Christus
But thats not scripture!

1) rev 2:13 faithful martyr

2) phil 1:29 not faith alone but to suffer for christ’s sake

Unless I missed something I never claimed it did, it is still the teaching of the church founded by christ with authority to bind all Christians yo believe! Matt 16:18-19 matt 18:18
YOUR Chruch teaches that

But thats not scripture!

1) rev 2:13 faithful martyr

2) phil 1:29 not faith alone but to suffer for christ’s sake
????
What's not in Scripture
How does your verses apply to what I posted?

Rev 2:13 I know where you live—where Satan has his throne. Yet you remain true to my name. You did not renounce your faith in me, not even in the days of Antipas, my faithful witness, who was put to death in your city—where Satan lives.

Phil 1:29 For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him,

The immaculate conception is Jesus being preserved from original sin.

Luke 1:49 for he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name. jerked as it was by you from The Magnificat, says blessed is His holy name not "blessed is my (Mary) Holy name."

It is a Song of praise to God, not herself. It has nothing to do with her supposed perpetual virginity. If she herself were preserved from original sin, she herself could go to the cross and redeem a people for God. Besides that original sin has nothing to do with loss of virginity.
Sorry for the confusion, you right original sin is in reference to the immaculate conception of mary not her perpetual virginity

“go to the cross and redeem a people for God” no!

Mary was preserved by the merits of Jesus Christ that’s why she says God my savior in Lk 1:47

We agree on the virgin and miraculous birth of Jesus conceived of the power Holy spirit!

And yes blessed be God in His mighty power!
Blessed be His holy name!

Lk 1:49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name.

But in Lk 1:28 & 1:45 Mary is blessed!

Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

Lk 1:45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.

Thanks

So if something is God breathed christians must be bound by it and believe what it teaches?
more precisely: ALL required beliefs for salvation are found in Scripture

"and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus."

Last edited:
Christ’s

The immaculate conception is Mary being preserved from original sin

The virgin and miraculous birth is about christ

These are the “things” in Lk 1:49
First you say Christ's, then you sound like it has to be both. Make up your mind.

If Mary was born in sin, how does that mean necessarily that she passed that "gene", "DNA", "curse" or whatever it is that seems to be passed from father to son, that renders him also sinful, to Christ? It doesn't.

Mary, like the rest of us, was born in sin. If you want Mary to be born of a virgin, then to maintain the logic of your doctrine, you will have to find virgins all the way back to the bottom turtle.

That was a question not a statement or decree!
Are you saying your question did not intend an implication or insinuation?

The truth and the church is of divine origin and cannot be reformed any more than God can be reformed

As christians Who is our teacher?
... rubber goalposts...

Sorry for the confusion, you right original sin is in reference to the immaculate conception of mary not her perpetual virginity
That is not even what I said. I said the immaculate conception was preserving Jesus from original sin, not Mary as you said. And I said original sin is an expression of the results of Adam's sin being passed to all his progeny (all of humanity) in their nature as sinners.
“go to the cross and redeem a people for God” no!
You are going to have to explain what you mean by that.
Mary was preserved by the merits of Jesus Christ that’s why she says God my savior in Lk 1:47
Preserved from what?
But in Lk 1:28 & 1:45 Mary is blessed!
Since when has blessed meant remaining a perpetual virgin? SInce when are sexual relations between a husband and wife sin?
Lk 1:28 And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.
Since when has blessed meant perpetual virginity? Since when has blessed meant to be adored or in the case of the Catholics, (though they deny such is the case, worshiped. My gosh. statues are made of her and knelt before and prayed to.)
Lk 1:45 And blessed is she that believed: for there shall be a performance of those things which were told her from the Lord.
In your own words---what was told to her, and were those things performed?

The truth and the church is of divine origin and cannot be reformed any more than God can be reformed

Do the healthy need medicine?

I think that the intentions of Martin Luther were not mistaken. He was a reformer. Perhaps some methods were not correct. But in that time, if we read the story of the Pastor, a German Lutheran who then converted when he saw reality – he became Catholic – in that time, the Church was not exactly a model to imitate. There was corruption in the Church, there was worldliness, attachment to money, to power…and this he protested. Then he was intelligent and took some steps forward justifying, and because he did this. And today Lutherans and Catholics, Protestants, all of us agree on the doctrine of justification. On this point, which is very important, he did not err. He made a medicine for the Church…
-Pope Francis

Do the healthy need medicine?

I think that the intentions of Martin Luther were not mistaken. He was a reformer. Perhaps some methods were not correct. But in that time, if we read the story of the Pastor, a German Lutheran who then converted when he saw reality – he became Catholic – in that time, the Church was not exactly a model to imitate. There was corruption in the Church, there was worldliness, attachment to money, to power…and this he protested. Then he was intelligent and took some steps forward justifying, and because he did this. And today Lutherans and Catholics, Protestants, all of us agree on the doctrine of justification. On this point, which is very important, he did not err. He made a medicine for the Church…
-Pope Francis
Where does the quote begin and end?

Where does the quote begin and end?
" I think that the intentions of Martin Luther were not mistaken. He was a reformer. Perhaps some methods were not correct. But in that time, if we read the story of the Pastor, a German Lutheran who then converted when he saw reality – he became Catholic – in that time, the Church was not exactly a model to imitate. There was corruption in the Church, there was worldliness, attachment to money, to power…and this he protested. Then he was intelligent and took some steps forward justifying, and because he did this. And today Lutherans and Catholics, Protestants, all of us agree on the doctrine of justification. On this point, which is very important, he did not err. He made a medicine for the Church…"
-Pope Francis

First you say Christ's, then you sound like it has to be both. Make up your mind.

If Mary was born in sin, how does that mean necessarily that she passed that "gene", "DNA", "curse" or whatever it is that seems to be passed from father to son, that renders him also sinful, to Christ? It doesn't.

Mary, like the rest of us, was born in sin. If you want Mary to be born of a virgin, then to maintain the logic of your doctrine, you will have to find virgins all the way back to the bottom turtle.
Sorry for the confusion

When I said “Christ” I was referring to the virgin birth

Lk 1:49 “things” refer to both

The “things” plural are the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus by the Holy Spirit!

Never said anything about dna

Mary was not born of a virgin but by her natural parents

Mary was conceived without sin and was sinless to be the mother of God!

Thks

Back