• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Marian Dogmas

Not true

Gal 3:1
O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?

1 Corinthians 2:2
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

1 cor 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
These Bible quotes have nothing to do with my post. Stop it!!

Apologetics forum’s Double standard:

Catholic forum

Pope Francis apologies to indigenous people in Canada for forced assimilation thread

Mysterium Fide was crucified for saying this;

Have the Canadian indigenous ever apologized for putting the North American Martyrs to death? Just wondering.

The other forums on carm do not exhibit any of the hatred and vitriol of the Protestants in Catholic forum, even balshan giving a blessing on the messianic jews forum!

Double standard???

Mary is the all powerful advocate, the help of Christian’s!

Blasphemy? No!

Example of True blasphemy!

“God created all the spirits of light and the spirits of darkness”!

Praying to Mary is not idolatry? No!

Praising the hindu’s and pagan indians at the Assisi day of peace is blasphemy who are true idolaters!

All false religions are demonic! 1 cor 10:20

Jesus was conceived pure and immaculate because Mary was pure and immaculate. As Job said “Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? There is not one.”
still waiting:
Did a "clean" Mary come from an "unclean" Anne?

Blasphemy? No!

Blasphemy? yes

Mary in NOT omnipotent

Double standard again.
The lutheran, and presby’s and episcopal sects all have bishops and priests in clerical garb but the catholic priesthood is attacked with the seething hatred of lucifer !
Their names even say bishop and priest respectively.
Episcopal means bishop.
Presbyter means priest.

Rayne said:

True, and Jesus never wore different attire to indicate anything different or high-ranking about Himself.

Nondenom40 said:

Prove it. There is Jesus's high priesthood and the priesthood of believers. Where is there an altar or a sacerdotal priesthood?

Do you agree with them?

Jesus is high priest heb 8:1

“It is finished” it is not redemption as some think but the very words the high priest is required to say at the consummation of the Passover sacrifice!

And the high priest must wear the sacred garment to offer sacrifice.

Ex 28

Christ wears the seamless garment of the high priest

matt 14:36

Jn 19:23

Maybe you could inform them since I don’t post on that site, too hostile, too much spiritual blindness and spiritual anarchy

The truth shall make you free!
False doctrine enslaves!

More below about priest and sacrifice and altar

Sacerdotal Ministerial priesthood: “apostles & their successors, and those they ordain” “low priests” under the authority of Christ the “high priest”!

With priestly ministry:
Mk 3:14 “ordained”
Matt 22:14 Jn 15:16 “chosen” “ordained”
Jn 20:21 “sent by Christ with His authority”
Jn 20:23 “power to forgive sins”
Acts 1:8 “anointing with power”
acts 1:15-26 “ministry / bishop”
Acts 2:38-39 “administered sacraments”
acts 14:23 “ordained”
Acts 16:4 “ordained “
Rom 15:16 “minister / sanctify”
1 cor 9:14 “ordained”
1 Tim 2:7 “ordained”
1 Tim 3:1-2 “bishop”
1 Tim 4:14 “priest” “priestly ministry”
Phil 1:1 “bishops deacons”
James 5:14 “anointing with oil”

The ministerial priesthood acts in “the person of Christ” so it is Christ who acts thru them vicariously.
2 cor 2:10 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Royal priesthood: “baptized members of Jesus Christ”
1 pet 2:5-9

Christ reformed the mosaic covenant into the new and eternal covenant!

The new covenant was a reformation of the mosaic covenant so it has many similarities. Heb 9:10

Hebrews 13:10
We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle.

Mal 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the Lord of hosts.

Pure offering or clean oblation or unbloody sacrifice!

And a propitiatory sacrifice!

Jn 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God

1 John 2:2
And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4:10
Here in is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Christ is eternal priest. Heb 7:17
And the nature of a priest to to offer sacrifice so he has an eternal sacrifice!

Moreover the new covenant ministerial or low priests are commanded by Christ offer His sacrifice!

1 cor 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as often as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Thks

Double standard again.
The lutheran, and presby’s and episcopal sects all have bishops and priests in clerical garb but the catholic priesthood is attacked with the seething hatred of lucifer !
Their names even say bishop and priest respectively.
Episcopal means bishop.
Presbyter means priest.

Rayne said:

True, and Jesus never wore different attire to indicate anything different or high-ranking about Himself.

Nondenom40 said:

Prove it. There is Jesus's high priesthood and the priesthood of believers. Where is there an altar or a sacerdotal priesthood?

Do you agree with them?

Jesus is high priest heb 8:1

“It is finished” it is not redemption as some think but the very words the high priest is required to say at the consummation of the Passover sacrifice!

And the high priest must wear the sacred garment to offer sacrifice.

Ex 28

Christ wears the seamless garment of the high priest

matt 14:36

Jn 19:23

Maybe you could inform them since I don’t post on that site, too hostile, too much spiritual blindness and spiritual anarchy

The truth shall make you free!
False doctrine enslaves!

More below about priest and sacrifice and altar
WHY are quoting people who are NOT members of this forum?
Are you confused as to where you are?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Since by Church here is meant the Catholic church,----which gave "her" the authority so high we are to take her word(meaning her hierarchy) without proof? That is the very definition of trusting and putting our faith in men and the traditions of men.

I will do what God himself tells me to do in his word. "Trust not in men or the traditions of men. trust God.
Acts 16:17
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

Men show the way of salvation!

Thks

There's no need to "thunder" at me —the vehemence doesn't cover the weakness of the logic!

So explain, then: How can it be that Christ was not conceived without sin by the Almighty Power of God?
All glory to God for His mighty deeds! Amen!

Christ was conceived by the Almighty power of God without sin!

Matt 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

Lk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Acts 16:17
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.

Men show the way of salvation!

Thks
what is the standard to know if what they said is correct?

Then why did she call him her saviour? Why, if she is without sin, did she need saved?
Lk 1:47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. (Preserved from all sin in virtue of the merits of the blood of the savior who is Her son)
(Christ is savior in forgiving sin and by His powerful grace in preserving us from sin)

Thks

Is there no need to be born again?

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. (2Cor 5:17)
“Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” (John 3:3)

Did you really write this?

Jn 3:5 is baptismal regeneration!

nope:
I don't think you have any clue what the doctrines called Sola Fide and Sola Scriptura are
How difficult can it be?

“faith alone”! Means only faith

Not faith and baptism!

Thks

The immaculate conception----meaning Mary conceived even though she was a virgin----is a doctrine of Christianity given within the pages of the Bible---therefore given by God himself. It is a universal doctrine of true Christianity. You do not mean the catholic church, you mean the Catholic religion (a denomination). The Catholic denomination ( and no other denomination) has authority to give it an indisputable interpretation. Understanding the Scriptures is a gift given to his people who God has given to Jesus by grace and through faith, through the indwelling Holy Spirit. (Come to think of it and as an aside, I don't think you have once mentioned the Holy Spirit and his relationship with the believer and the work that he does in them.)

Does that rule out misinterpretations? Of course not. The point is, interpretive authority does not rest with any person, group of persons, denomination, or human structure. Whether things are interpreted right or wrong is often a matter of growth, but no interpretation can be correct if it contradicts other portions of Scripture. Who God redeems is utterly within the wheelhouse of God.
Thats not the immaculate conception!

The immaculate conception is Mary being conceived by natural relations of her parents!

Official decree:

Ineffabilis Deus
The Immaculate Conception
Pope Pius IX - 1854

“We declare, pronounce, and define that the doctrine which holds that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin, is a doctrine revealed by God and therefore to be believed firmly and constantly by all the faithful.”

Thks

Do you then believe the stratagem of “scripture is the ultimate authority?
Yes: and that is different than ONLY authority

Better far that I should read with certainty and persuasion of its truth the Holy Scripture, placed on the highest (even the heavenly) pinnacle of authority, and should, without questioning the trustworthiness of its statements, learn from it that men have been either, commended, or corrected, or condemned, than that, through fear of believing that by men, who, though of most praiseworthy excellence, were no more than men, actions deserving rebuke might sometimes be done, I should admit suspicions affecting the trustworthiness of the whole “oracles of God.”
-Augustine, Letters of St. Augustine, Letter 82.2.5

This Mediator [Jesus Christ], having spoken what He judged sufficient first by the prophets, then by His own lips, and afterwards by the apostles, has besides produced the Scripture which is called canonical, which has paramount authority, and to which we yield assent in all matters of which we ought not to be ignorant, and yet cannot know of ourselves.
-St. Augustine, quoted from his City of God, book XI, Chapter 3,

St. Augustine (A.D. 354–430)
De unitate ecclesiae, 10
“Neither dare one agree with catholic bishops if by chance they err in anything, but the result that their opinion is against the canonical Scriptures of God.”

The immaculate conception----meaning Mary conceived even though she was a virgin----is a doctrine of Christianity given within the pages of the Bible---therefore given by God himself. It is a universal doctrine of true Christianity. You do not mean the catholic church, you mean the Catholic religion (a denomination). The Catholic denomination ( and no other denomination) has authority to give it an indisputable interpretation. Understanding the Scriptures is a gift given to his people who God has given to Jesus by grace and through faith, through the indwelling Holy Spirit. (Come to think of it and as an aside, I don't think you have once mentioned the Holy Spirit and his relationship with the believer and the work that he does in them.)

Does that rule out misinterpretations? Of course not. The point is, interpretive authority does not rest with any person, group of persons, denomination, or human structure. Whether things are interpreted right or wrong is often a matter of growth, but no interpretation can be correct if it contradicts other portions of Scripture. Who God redeems is utterly within the wheelhouse of God.
“Mary conceived even though she was a virgin”

Mary conceived Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit and gave birth to Jesus miraculously is the doctrine of the “virgin birth”!

Isa 7:14

14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1: 20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lordappeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Back