• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

GOD CREATED MAN (ADAM) SINFUL

Your writing lacks any Word of God showing that Adam was good...
Another godforsaken fleshly false witness.

You did not read all I posted, did you?

Genesis 1:31
God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

God Himself implicitly stated Adam was good.

Mark 10:18
And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.

That was said after the events of Genesis 3:6. It is a statement said after Genesis 3:6 about conditions existing after Genesis 3:6, not before then. It is completely inappropriate, incorrect, and reprehensible to take verses said/written about the post-disobedient world and apply them to the pre-disobedient world. It is bad methodology that leads to bad thinking, bad doctrine, bad conclusions, and bad practice.

Romans 5:12, 18-19
Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned.... So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

Sin entered the world when one man, Adam, transgressed. It was through one man's disobedience that sin entered the world. the implication being sin had NOT entered before then. Prior to the disobedience of Adam - which occurred at Genesis 3:6 - there was no sin in the world.

If Adam was made sinful then sin would exist in the world prior to his act of disobedience.

Adam was not sinful until he disobeyed God. He was good, unashamed, and sinless. At Genesis 3:6 he became not-good, ashamed, and sinful. He was the last free man. All of that was posted prior to you showing up in the thread with the dross of Post 135.
Your writing lacks any Word of God showing that Adam was good....
You did not read my posts, did you?

Paul's statement about sin entering the world through one man's sin stands in stark comparison to the fact He explicitly stated Eve, not Adam, was the first sinner!

1 Timothy 2:13-14
For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

Eve sinned first. Eve sinned first but it was not through the disobedience of one woman that sin entered the world, but through the disobedience of one man. Sin hadn't entered the world when Eve disobeyed God. It entered the world when Adam disobeyed God.

Genesis 3:6-7
When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings.

Their eyes (both of them) were not opened until Adam ate. There's no record of anything happening to Eve (despite the fact she had disobeyed God first) until after Adam ate. Maybe something di happen to her but scripture is silent about any consequence on her despite the fact she sinned first. What scripture does explicitly state is that Adam ate and then their eyes were opened.

Sin entered the world through one good man's disobedience. Adam was the last free man, the last good man, the last man who was not enslaved to or by sin. That is the way God made him but that disposition existed only briefly.

Adam was made corruptible, not corrupted.

1 Corinthians 15:42-54 (excerpted for the sake of brevity)
So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power: it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.... Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.... For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality...

Adam (and Eve) was made corruptible, not corrupted. He became corrupted at Genesis 3:6 when he disobeyed God.

• Perishable
  • Perished
  • Imperishable

• Corruptible
  • Corrupted
  • Incorruptible

Adam was perishable, not perished. Adam was corruptible, not corrupted. Adam was good, not not-good. Adam was sinless up until Genesis 3:6, not sinful. Sin did not enter the world until he disobeyed God.
That is what God word actually states and I, unlike what is posted in the op and Post 135, do not need to twist, bend, and pervert God's word to make it say things it nowhere states.
Your writing lacks any Word of God showing that Adam was good...
Post #130 proves otherwise, and Post 135 shows you quoting me quoting scripture! Post 130 was quote mined. The portion of Post 130 that was quote mine demonstrably contains scripture. Yet the accusation is that my writing lacks any word of God. The accusation is demonstrably self-contradictory Godless, fleshly, false witness.

I, Kermos, am going to quote you using God's word and then accuse you of lacking God's word.

Dross.

Your best play would have been to correct the errors already cited and thereby evidence a willingness to first examine yourself and not blame-shift onto others, demonstrate goodwill in amending your won errors, and prove and ability to learn and stand on God's word as truth. I've asked this of you several times and still the resistance and dross persists.

Titus 3:9-11
But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

God does not make sinful stuff. Post 135 is dross from beginning to end.

On the finished 6th day of creation, all that breathe air, and the marine life of the sea, could not die.

There were no meat eaters and therefore no need to kill another living thing for that meat. It was that way until after the Biblical global flood where the fear of man fell on all living things as they can now look to them instead of herbs for their "meat".
So, along with man God transferred, shared, gave, copied His Eternalness in sea creatures? Come on, now. Can't you understand God is the standard by which everything and everyone is judged against. There is only TWO other Persons that can stand before a Holy God blameless and that is a Holy Son and a Holy Spirit. Make distinction between the first Adam and the second Adam in 1 Corinthians 15. Just by virtue of man (and sea life) being created means they were not eternal as God and in this alone fall short of His glory.
If I asked you, and I will, to close your eyes and envision God what do you see? Tell me.
If the penalty for the wages of sin is death, and then Christ paid for it, it is God's foresight that He saw Adam & Eve would sin by not believing the Word of God for why Jesus would have to come to reconcile us back to God for all those that the Father worked in us so we can believe.
Did Christ die for the acts of sin or for their sin nature?
If man was created sinful, then what is the point of commanding them not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil for which the consequence was physical death and separation from God forever?
The Tree of the KNOWLEDGE of Good and Evil was to give the couple the KNOWLEDGE of their sinfulness. What did Saul say?

...for by the law is the knowledge of sin. Rom. 3:20.

The Law/Command of thou shalt not gave them the KNOWLEDGE of their sinfulness. They didn't even have to disobey.
That is about the vessels unto honor from the vessels unto dishonor for why He will show mercy unto the vessels unto dishonor for not departing from iniquity and yet they believed in him or they had formerly before some lie turned them away from the truth & overthrew their faith.

How do you explain Genesis 3rd chapter then? Look at the consequence for that sin by the serpent, the woman, and the man.
It was only the man and the woman. The woman was tempted and if her temptation was from a serpent/Satan/Lucifer/Devil then this violates 2 Peter 2:4 which states the angels that sinned are locked up, and James 1:14 which says temptation is "of her own lust" or from within.
Jesus' temptation came the same way: from within, not from without. And there are not two ways to be tempted. Just one: James 1:14.
Genesis 3:14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: 15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
So, it was a talking snake? Did God remove the vocal cords from this serpent? Removed its legs? Maybe God removed some things from the woman's body or from the man's body? Maybe the woman had two heads or three legs. Coud be. God removed a rib and made a woman, huh?

I take Scripture as written. The angels that sinned are locked up, and temptation is from within. Now with this I have to try to understand what happen in the Garden without violating two three verses (Jude :6 is the other one.) Ever heard of the 'worm' that dieth not in Mark? Is that a serpent? Hmmm?
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Would that not testify that these punishments was not present before the fall?
God is following a plan. Once their eyes were opened it was time to move forward with the plan. The bottom line is that sin comes from sinner. Adam sinned because he was a sinner before the act and from which the act derives. It's a good thing God didn't say, "Thou shalt not have sex with the woman, for in the day thou have sex with the woman thou wilt be hooked!"
I disagree because that tales way the glory of God in salvation for how we are saved by believing in the Word of God, hence the Lord Jesus Christ. The sin of not believing the Word of God is the actual sin that was committed for how death came into the world by Adam.
We are not saved by believing. We are saved because our names are in a book of life written in with the names of those souls God is going to saved out of the mass of mankind. Specifically, there is no requirement of faith in the Abrahamic Covenant and Israel is already in covenant with God when Jesus arrived. But in order to bring in Gentiles it was necessary to blind Israel for 2000 years. Again, the Plan of Man. Think it through. Saul says, "and ALL Israel shall be saved." Well, that's the part of covenant with Israel. It doesn't say in the Abrahamic Covenant my covenant is with only those who believe in me or will believe in my Son. Nor does Saul say, "and all Israel shall be saved IF you will accept Jesus into your heart or if you will believe."
Otherwise scripture cannot say death was brought into the world by Adam's sin which was due to unbelief in the Word of God.
Death was brought into the world just by virtue of the man's creation because he was not eternal and would die eventually. Even if there was no command showing him he was sinful and even if he didn't do anything. It all rests in the command. God used the instrument of the Tree. He couldn't just tell him, "Hey Adam. I created you sinful and you're going to die."
Doesn't the mother tell her 3- or 4-year-old, "don't touch the stove it's hot" and that gives him the knowledge that it's hot? Or does he have to touch the stove to gain experimental knowledge?

Why would God have a chosen people unless to represent Him to the world at large? Was not Judaism open to all?
Nope. If it was open to all there would be no uncircumcised penises. Anywhere.

So, along with man God transferred, shared, gave, copied His Eternalness in sea creatures? Come on, now. Can't you understand God is the standard by which everything and everyone is judged against. There is only TWO other Persons that can stand before a Holy God blameless and that is a Holy Son and a Holy Spirit. Make distinction between the first Adam and the second Adam in 1 Corinthians 15. Just by virtue of man (and sea life) being created means they were not eternal as God and in this alone fall short of His glory.
Are you forgetting that Adam & Eve used to walk naked before the Lord and were not ashamed until the fall? Cause and effect. Death came as the result of the fall and not when they were created.

Nope. If it was open to all there would be no uncircumcised penises. Anywhere.
Oh come on now. Even the Jews have to be circumcised and the young when they are of age. So will the converts also.

What was that sin?

I'd say it was for not believing the word of God.

So salvation has to be that simple for repentance and that is by believing the Word of God; hence the Lord Jesus Christ.

@jeremiah1five

Until they had sinned in that manner, they were not sinful until that fall for where is the glory of God in salvation if they were sinful before they did not believe in the Word of God?
Gods character is of love, and His governance is based on this. So the choice was to believe and follow God out of love for Him, or choose another...

Gods character is of love, and His governance is based on this. So the choice was to believe and follow God out of love for Him, or choose another...
One could say that by not believing God's word and thus not trusting God at His word, that love towards God was turned away. Adam did hearkened unto the word of the woman even though the woman was deceived by the serpent.

Where? Let's look:
You wrote "calamity is the opposite of peace" which is imprecise. War is the opposite of peace.​
We discuss a passage from the Prophets (Nevi'im), not the Poetry (Ketuvim), so you must not impose your thoughts upon the Word of God recorded by the Prophet Isaiah.​
The Prophet Isaiah recorded the Word of God "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHWH do all these." (Isaiah 45:7).​
Light and peace parallel. Both of these are good, a parallelism.​
Darkness and evil parallel. Both of these are bad, a parallelism.​
You, a mere human, change the Hebrew word "רַע" (Strong's 7451 - ra' - bad, evil) THAT GOD USED AS RECORDED IN BOTH GENESIS 2:16-17 and in Isaiah 45:7 into a different word that results in a redefinition of God according to your thoughts.​

Nowhere did I write "peace is the opposite of evil", so you bear false witness against me (Exodus 20:16).
It's amazing how some people live to show error in another. You seem to be one of those people.

My point is that Evil is a bad interpretation and many use that verse to show how God created evil.

You seemed to want to be one of those who showed God created Evil.

I simply pointed out that the Hebrew poetic parrallism interpretation of the scripture presents "evil" as a bad choice of word and calamity is a better choice as seen with many of the other translations.

Utter falsehood bearing false witness. I am on record stating the POST is dross. That includes the abuse of Mark 10:18 contained in that post, not Mark 10:18 itself. Four other quote mines of my post demonstrate the same abuse of others' posts as you do with God's word, the attempt at defending wrongdoing and a complete absence of any willingness to earn. The examples I gave should have been corrected, not defended and attempts to turn the table(s) on others as evidence of more selfishness, more depravity, NOT Spirit-driven truth. Correcting the errors should have been the first and only response (especially the two clearly contradictory statements where premise 1 contradicts premise 2, and vice versa (that has absolutely nothing to do with any supposed mishandling of scripture on anyone else's part).

Here's how this reads:

"There are errors in Post 135."
"Yeah, well, there's bad stuff in your post, too
."

That is a fallacy called tu quoque. It is a godless work of the flesh. The Spirit NEVER inspires fallacy in God's people. Post 178 had some merit in it because you started to define your terms but you sabotaged your own posts by leaving the op-relevant content to attack me.

Posts 172, 173, 176, 177, and 178, are five more examples of dross that's not worth the time or effort to address. Post 179 isn't any better, but I'll let Crow take that up with you. I will say peace has nothing to do with the presence or absence of conflict or calamity. A person can have peace in the middle of both.

Fix the errors already cited and finish defining your terms. Do it in a manner that demonstrates a willingness to discuss the op (and your dissent of my op-reply) and the possibility of learning. There's simply no way those errors can be considered correct (scripturally or logically). Otherwise, do not expect more from me other than to repeat what I have already said:

There are so many errors in Post 135 that it does not deserve a reply. The post is filled with error upon error, both scripturally and logically, and needs to be overhauled and corrected from its foundational premises (which are mostly assumptions in need of justification) to its misguided conclusion(s). God did not make Adam sinful. God did declare Adam God and from Genesis 3:6 on, which is where Adam disobeyed God and sin entered the world, no one since then has been called good. Adam was, for a brief time, good, unashamed, and sinless. At Genesis 3:6 Adam disobeyed God and, according to Paul in Romans 5, that is when sin entered the world. No sin prior to that event.

Both the op and Post 135 are wrong.

You have a lot to say, but you, by your word of "God did declare Adam God and from Genesis 3:6 on", you are the one calling Lord Jesus a liar when He says "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18) because no Holy Scripture states that Adam was good.

But wait, you didn't write "Adam good", but rather you wrote "Adam God" in your writing of "God did declare Adam God and from Genesis 3:6 on", so you now called Adam God, but God NEVER declared Adam is God.

But wait, you have Adam being something after Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil which no Scripture supports when you wrote "God did declare Adam God and from Genesis 3:6 on".

Look, we just examined more errors authored by you after your big post preached error (proof post #172) after error (proof post #173) after error (proof post #176) after error (proof post #177) after error (proof post #178) after error (proof post #181).

Your writing lacks any Word of God showing that Adam was good, and your writing never will show Adam was good because the Word of God declares "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18).

Post #135 is righteous Spiritual Truth (John 14:6), praise Lord Jesus!!!

Jesus says not "No one is good except God and Adam before he ate of the tree that he was told not to eat" as per your preaching that adds to the Word of God, but Jesus says "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18) in Truth (John 14:6).

Well, He was preordained and predestined.
I should not try to play riddles with you. Sorry. Your christ I speak of is the serpent coming in to help make Adam and Eve sinners and gods unto themselves. Just like Lucifer.
Let me guess: to you the serpent is Satan/Lucifer/devil?
Do you see my signature? It says Biblical Christian.
Dittoes.

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

We just don't agree on what the Bible is teaching and revealing. My discipline is to only teach the exact words of the Bible. I want to make sure I am teaching the Book with as much respect as I do for all books and their authors.

I have found the Bible is the most abused Book in history, because so many people have tried so many ways to change it, and make it look like that's what the Author is saying. All other books are read to simply show what the authors are saying, to agree or disagree with. They don't then manipulate the words on purpose in order to teach that's what the author 'really means' to say.

I mean, you can't really change can't get any more far apart than your christ making things sinful, and my Christ making all things good.

The definition of sin according to Strong is "missing the mark."
The definition of sin in the Bible is sinning, and having and knowing sin by sinning.

I stick to God's definition of words by how He uses them. I'm not interested in men's definitions and how they try to use them for their own purposes.

It's God who enlightens man, not the other way around.
There is no mention of any act. If you believe it is the act(s) of sin that makes us sinners,
Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Whosoever is committing sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

Sin is a transgression, and death by sin is by sinning. While the acts of sin are not always visible, all sin is still an act of the spirit and of the flesh.

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God.

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

then that would contradict the Doctrine of Imputation.
No, sin is imputed to the man that sins. And only to that man, and not to others that did not sin.

13 As saith the proverb of the ancients, Wickedness proceedeth from the wicked: 1 Sam. 24:13.

It's the same thing as saying 'sin comes from sinners.'
True. Sin is only from sinners. It's never from the righteous.

You do believe the bible, yes?
It teaches that we sin because we are sinners.
True, not from the righteous.

It doesn't teach we are sinners because we sin.
It teaches both. We make ourselves sinners by sinning, so that all sin comes from sinners.

Sin only enters the world only by man sinning, which was first by Adam.

Yes of course. You're right. Your christ does create sinners. Not mine.
Let me ask you, what was the creative make-up of Adam? Was he holy? Created sinless? What?

Another godforsaken fleshly false witness.

You did not read all I posted, did you?

You wickedly call "godforsaken" the very Word of God "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18) quoted in the post that you quoted!

God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call Me good? No one is good except God alone.

That was said after the events of Genesis 3:6. It is a statement said after Genesis 3:6 about conditions existing after Genesis 3:6, not before then. It is completely inappropriate, incorrect, and reprehensible to take verses said/written about the post-disobedient world and apply them to the pre-disobedient world. It is bad methodology that leads to bad thinking, bad doctrine, bad conclusions, and bad practice.

Romans 5:12, 18-19
Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned.... So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

Sin entered the world when one man, Adam, transgressed. It was through one man's disobedience that sin entered the world. the implication being sin had NOT entered before then. Prior to the disobedience of Adam - which occurred at Genesis 3:6 - there was no sin in the world.

If Adam was made sinful then sin would exist in the world prior to his act of disobedience.

Adam was not sinful until he disobeyed God. He was good, unashamed, and sinless. At Genesis 3:6 he became not-good, ashamed, and sinful. He was the last free man. All of that was posted prior to you showing up in the thread with the dross of Post 135.

You did not read my posts, did you?

Paul's statement about sin entering the world through one man's sin stands in stark comparison to the fact He explicitly stated Eve, not Adam, was the first sinner!

1 Timothy 2:13-14
For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve. And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

Eve sinned first. Eve sinned first but it was not through the disobedience of one woman that sin entered the world, but through the disobedience of one man. Sin hadn't entered the world when Eve disobeyed God. It entered the world when Adam disobeyed God.

Genesis 3:6-7
When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate; and she gave also to her husband with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin coverings.

Their eyes (both of them) were not opened until Adam ate. There's no record of anything happening to Eve (despite the fact she had disobeyed God first) until after Adam ate. Maybe something di happen to her but scripture is silent about any consequence on her despite the fact she sinned first. What scripture does explicitly state is that Adam ate and then their eyes were opened.

Sin entered the world through one good man's disobedience. Adam was the last free man, the last good man, the last man who was not enslaved to or by sin. That is the way God made him but that disposition existed only briefly.

Adam was made corruptible, not corrupted.

1 Corinthians 15:42-54 (excerpted for the sake of brevity)
So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power: it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.... Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.... For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality...

Adam (and Eve) was made corruptible, not corrupted. He became corrupted at Genesis 3:6 when he disobeyed God.

• Perishable
  • Perished
  • Imperishable

• Corruptible
  • Corrupted
  • Incorruptible

Adam was perishable, not perished. Adam was corruptible, not corrupted. Adam was good, not not-good. Adam was sinless up until Genesis 3:6, not sinful. Sin did not enter the world until he disobeyed God.
That is what God word actually states and I, unlike what is posted in the op and Post 135, do not need to twist, bend, and pervert God's word to make it say things it nowhere states.

Post #130 proves otherwise, and Post 135 shows you quoting me quoting scripture! Post 130 was quote mined. The portion of Post 130 that was quote mine demonstrably contains scripture. Yet the accusation is that my writing lacks any word of God. The accusation is demonstrably self-contradictory Godless, fleshly, false witness.

I, Kermos, am going to quote you using God's word and then accuse you of lacking God's word.

Dross.

Your best play would have been to correct the errors already cited and thereby evidence a willingness to first examine yourself and not blame-shift onto others, demonstrate goodwill in amending your won errors, and prove and ability to learn and stand on God's word as truth. I've asked this of you several times and still the resistance and dross persists.

Titus 3:9-11
But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

God does not make sinful stuff. Post 135 is dross from beginning to end.

Continued in subsequent post.

Your "God Himself implicitly stated Adam was good" thoughts result in you adulterating Holy Scripture with a singular (grammatically), independent, focused, narrow, specific view of Adam of the creature that God created which results in your concept of "God saw Adam that He had made, and behold, Adam was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day", but that is your deception because God truly specified a plural (grammatically), aggregate, broad, wide, general view of "all" of the creation that God created with the specific plan of God's Plan for the Redemption of Mankind through the Christ (1 Peter 1:19-22) for it is written "God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day" (Genesis 1:31).

God saw God's good craftsmanship of the creation, that is, "it was very good" (Genesis 1:31), and God saw all of the creation was proceeding according to God's Good Plan for the Redemption of Mankind through the Christ (1 Peter 1:19-22) for the Creator "God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good" (Genesis 1:31)! Praise God for salvation! Praise God for redemption! Praise God for God!

A fascinating grammatical construct occurs in Genesis 1:31. The words "all" and "it" are plural grammatically, but the word "good" is singular grammatically; therefore, the plurality of creation is singularly good; in other words, the whole of creation is one good creation, so you express illogic and broken language when you think you can split Adam apart from the rest of creation using Genesis 1:31 to arrive at your "God Himself implicitly stated Adam was good" thoughts.

Furthermore, this Holy Scripture recorded in Genesis 1:31 is constrained by the Word of God "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18). Praise God for the Savior, Redeemer, God, and Lord Jesus Christ!!! My Jesus is the center of Holy Scripture, this Christ of us Christians!

You preach that Mark 10:18 "is a statement said after Genesis 3:6 about conditions existing after Genesis 3:6, not before then", so your heart's treasure (Matthew 15:16-19) adulterates the Word of God into not the Word of God being your "No one is good except God and Adam before Adam ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil"; however, your thoughts are out of accord with Lord Jesus Christ's comprehensive declaration of "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18) covering the entirety of creation before, during, and after Genesis 3:6, so God did the good job in the making of creation per Genesis 1:31 in Truth (John 14:6).

The only exception recorded by Mark in the Lord's saying (Mark 10:18) is in regards to God, but in your self-will (2 Peter 2:9-10) you add to the Word of God by you injecting an additional exception for Adam in Mark 10:18 as shown above, yet you were warned in post #135 with:
If anyone venture a reply to this thread, I encourage diligent care for it is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).​
A liar is an untrustworthy source, so, since you proved yourself to be untrustworthy, then the balance of your words below your words of "bad thinking, bad doctrine, bad conclusions, and bad practice" are leavened by your deception (all unadulterated Scripture is explicitly excluded from this statement), so those words of yours are part of your opening paragraphs.

A liar adds to God's Word, and such evil activity, to quote you, is "bad thinking, bad doctrine, bad conclusions, and bad practice" - in fact, adding to the Word of God is a mere human practicing lawlessness about which the Word of God declares:
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’
(Matthew 7:21-23)​
Everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not act on them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. The rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and it fell—and great was its fall.
(Matthew 7:26-27)​

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a lot to say, but you, by your word of "God did declare Adam God and from Genesis 3:6 on", you are the one calling Lord Jesus a liar when He says "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18) because no Holy Scripture states that Adam was good.
Yes, in post 180 I did write "God did declare Adam God" but that was a typographical error and I am gladly, willingly, immediately, and overtly able to correct that mistake. Adam was not God and he was not made God. Adam was made good.

I'd like to see the same from you because in Posts 180 and 182 I also explicitly stated the point correctly: "Adam was good."
Your writing lacks any Word of God showing that Adam was good, and your writing never will show Adam was good because the Word of God declares "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18).
Posts 130, 146, 180 and 182 prove otherwise.

You're trolling and being dishonest. I am going to move on because, despite my patience and goodwill, the effort to get an intelligent cogent op-relevant conversation out of you has failed multiple times.

It's amazing how some people live to show error in another. You seem to be one of those people.

My point is that Evil is a bad interpretation and many use that verse to show how God created evil.

You seemed to want to be one of those who showed God created Evil.

I simply pointed out that the Hebrew poetic parrallism interpretation of the scripture presents "evil" as a bad choice of word and calamity is a better choice as seen with many of the other translations.

You are quite confused with your opening paragraph because I live to glorify Christ and His word, but you adulterate Christ's word as shown below. Not only that, but you hypocritically accuse me of doing the very thing that you do as shown below.

Adam was evil before he ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and no Holy Scripture states otherwise.

Remember, it is YOU who said peace is the opposite of evil.

Where? Let's look:

I believe calamity is a better word than evil. The poetic form of Hebrew parallelism shows evil is the wrong translation.

Light is the opposite of darkness....calamity is the opposite of peace....not evil.

You wrote "calamity is the opposite of peace" which is imprecise. War is the opposite of peace.

We discuss a passage from the Prophets (Nevi'im), not the Poetry (Ketuvim), so you must not impose your thoughts upon the Word of God recorded by the Prophet Isaiah.

The Prophet Isaiah recorded the Word of God "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHWH do all these." (Isaiah 45:7).

Light and peace parallel. Both of these are good, a parallelism.

Darkness and evil parallel. Both of these are bad, a parallelism.

You, a mere human, change the Hebrew word "רַע" (Strong's 7451 - ra' - bad, evil) THAT GOD USED AS RECORDED IN BOTH GENESIS 2:16-17 and in Isaiah 45:7 into a different word that results in a redefinition of God according to your thoughts.

Nowhere did I write "peace is the opposite of evil", so you bear false witness against me (Exodus 20:16).

You wickedly call "godforsaken" the very Word of God "No one is good except God alone" (Mark 10:18) quoted in the post that you quoted!
No, I didn't. I called the post forsaken, I subsequently explained that to you the first time you attempted that fallacy, another attempt at the same still-godforsaken effort doesn't change the facts in evidence, and with each additional post you post further and further afield of the op.

You're trolling. Bye

A liar is an untrustworthy source, so, since you proved yourself to be untrustworthy, then the balance of your words below your words of "bad thinking, bad doctrine, bad conclusions, and bad practice" are leavened by your deception (all unadulterated Scripture is explicitly excluded from this statement), so those words of yours are part of your opening paragraphs.

A liar adds to God's Word, and such evil activity, to quote you, is "bad thinking, bad doctrine, bad conclusions, and bad practice" - in fact, adding to the Word of God is a mere human practicing lawlessness about which the Word of God declares:
You have been given a warning and demerits for this post. You may come from a place where calling people a liar and untrustworthy is par for the course, but we are not going to have that sort of thing on this forum.

You are quite confused with your opening paragraph because I live to glorify Christ and His word, but you adulterate Christ's word as shown below. Not only that, but you hypocritically accuse me of doing the very thing that you do as shown below.

Adam was evil before he ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and no Holy Scripture states otherwise.

Where? Let's look:
You wrote "calamity is the opposite of peace" which is imprecise. War is the opposite of peace.​
We discuss a passage from the Prophets (Nevi'im), not the Poetry (Ketuvim), so you must not impose your thoughts upon the Word of God recorded by the Prophet Isaiah.​
The Prophet Isaiah recorded the Word of God "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHWH do all these." (Isaiah 45:7).​
Light and peace parallel. Both of these are good, a parallelism.​
Darkness and evil parallel. Both of these are bad, a parallelism.​
You, a mere human, change the Hebrew word "רַע" (Strong's 7451 - ra' - bad, evil) THAT GOD USED AS RECORDED IN BOTH GENESIS 2:16-17 and in Isaiah 45:7 into a different word that results in a redefinition of God according to your thoughts.​

Dude, I'm not going to argue the point with you anymore.

The least you could do is thank me for opening you up to Hebrew Poetic Parallelism

Let me ask you, what was the creative make-up of Adam? Was he holy? Created sinless? What?
So, you want to know what the God and Christ of the Bible says about such things?

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Back