• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Gen 6...who are the sons of God?

Because demons are false gods. They are gods the Gentiles worship and whom the Jews get sucked in to worship.There is no other God but the one God.
I agree. Demons can be false gods. Which God or god do you worship? I worship Christ Jesus. (along with the Father and Holy Spirit)

I agree. Demons can be false gods. Which God or god do you worship? I worship Christ Jesus. (along with the Father and Holy Spirit)
False gods are gods who don’t exist. They are imaginary gods.
If I were to say someone is possessed by a fallen Angel demon then I'm believing in a false god. An imaginary god.
This doesn’t mean demons don’t exit. They exist as a personification of the many ways in which people get sick from the death Adam’s sin brought to all mankind.

If I were to say of someone, “he has a demon”.

There are two ways to understand this.

Either he is possessed of a god who entered into him and is now causing him suffering.

Or, he is suffering from the effects of the death Adam’s sin has brought upon our nature. It’s simply personified as a demon.
In the same way the serpent or devil is personified as the cause or father which brought the death to our nature in the first place.

If I say it was Adam’s nature that sinned, I could also say it was the serpent or devil that sinned. Because it’s the same thing.

False gods are gods who don’t exist. They are imaginary gods.
If I were to say someone is possessed by a fallen Angel demon then I'm believing in a false god. An imaginary god.
This doesn’t mean demons don’t exit. They exist as a personification of the many ways in which people get sick from the death Adam’s sin brought to all mankind.
Once again....Jesus didn't cast a personification into the pigs.

Once again....Jesus didn't cast a personification into the pigs.
The man was suffering from severe mental illness. After Jesus cast the illness into the pigs, the pigs ran into the water and drowned. Because the illness the man was suffering, the pigs now had.
Then the man is said to be in his right mind.

The man was suffering from severe mental illness. After Jesus cast the illness into the pigs, the pigs ran into the water and drowned. Because the illness the man was suffering, the pigs now had.
Then the man is said to be in his right mind.
No, the bible says Jesus cast the demons into the pigs. Go read your bible.

Demons are the dead Nephilim...children of the fallen angel human mix...

I believe the Lord cleaned up that mess and contained it, as shown in the following verse.

1 Peter 3:18-19​
For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God.
He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. After being made alive, he went
and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits, to those who were disobedient long ago
when God waited patiently in the days of Noah
while the ark was being built. In it only a few
people, eight in all, were saved through water...

Some use 1 Peter 3:18-19 today to say it meant the angels in Noah's day.
But, this verse carefully worded it in a way that would hold a specific meaning.

Why choose "spirits" if it would have meant angels?

God did both. He locked up the angels that fell in Noah's day.
And. locked up the 'spirits' that were inside the Nephilim who refused to repent.

If that is the answer? Some will deny it just the same.

There is no rest for the wicked...

The religion that knows there is no other God but one.

Muslim, or Jehovah Witness? Which one? Both make that claim.

I believe there are others...

James 2:19​
You believe that there is one God. Good!
Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Even demons believe there is One God.
You'll have to do better than that....

In brief, it's my understanding that the "sons of heaven," or the "sons of God," refer to the sons of Seth—that is, the descendants of Seth through Enos, Cainan, Mahalaleel, Jared, Enoch of Jared—not to be confused with Enoch of Cain—Methuselah, Lamech, and Noah, the father of Shem, Ham, and Japeth, and the "daughters of man" refer to the daughters of Cain. After the sons of Seth had intercourse with the daughters of Cain, they bore them sons: the Nephilim. It was then that God—to keep the branch of the children of God from being entirely corrupted by the branch of the children of men—sent the universal deluge to extinguish them. It's also my understanding that the discovered skeletons of "ape-men" in a cave back in 1946 were that of the Nephilim.
How did the descendents of Seth...produce these "ape-men"?

How did the descendents of Seth...produce these "ape-men"?

Believers marrying unbelievers do not produce giants.

That only produces giant headaches....

Right you are.
And the prodigal son in Luke 15 was said to be dead even though he had not died physically.
Yet, some will seem to be dead to your words when shown that truth.

If I were to say of someone, “he has a demon”.

There are two ways to understand this.

Either he is possessed of a god who entered into him and is now causing him suffering.

Or, he is suffering from the effects of the death Adam’s sin has brought upon our nature. It’s simply personified as a demon.
In the same way the serpent or devil is personified as the cause or father which brought the death to our nature in the first place.

If I say it was Adam’s nature that sinned, I could also say it was the serpent or devil that sinned. Because it’s the same thing.

There is a term that theologians created to describe what happens when a demon gains influence over a believer's mind.

It can not be called 'demon possession,' because greater is He in you than he who is in the world.

The term is.... "demon influence."

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem
and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of
the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.
Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.
“Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”
Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan!
You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind
the concerns of God, but merely concerns of men.” Matthew 16:21-23​

Demon influence can only work in those believers who remain weak in ignorance of sound doctrinal teachings.

That is why false doctrines are to be spurned and disdained by believers who are growing in grace, lest they fail to keep running the race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Demon influence can only work in those believers who remain weak in ignorance of sound doctrinal teachings.
The Bible does not speak of demon influence. If as you say, "theologians" have coined the phrase, give the evidence. What Scripture says about it is this:

James 1:14-15 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desires and enticed. Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

James 4:7-8 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purity your hearts, you double minded.
That is why false doctrines are to be spurned and disdained by believers who are growing in grace, lest they fail to keep running the race.
It is for that very reason that the false doctrines were removed from this post.

Back