• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Free Gift of Justification

Ladodgers6

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The liberating truth that believing sinners are not justified by their adherence to the Law but through Faith Alone in Christ. This underscores the Gospel's power to free the ungodly from the Law's condemnation, death, punishment and curse is it given freely through One Man and his obedience to the Law and death to it that reassures believers of their freedom from the curse of the Law in Christ Alone.​

The liberating truth that believing sinners are not justified by their adherence to the Law but through Faith Alone in Christ. This underscores the Gospel's power to free the ungodly from the Law's condemnation, death, punishment and curse is it given freely through One Man and his obedience to the Law and death to it that reassures believers of their freedom from the curse of the Law in Christ Alone.​
That truth is liberating and (re-)assuring.

I just saw some fool on the television ranting religion is unnecessary because it is possible to reach God by living a good, moral life. I thought, "What an idiot. He just summarized every religion ever known to humanity except one while he was arguing against religion and he completely ignored, 'by faith alone.'" I found myself hoping God would save Him, asking God to do so.....

....and maybe letting me be there the moment when that guy realized his prior idiocy đŸ€Ż.

Was that bad of me? :unsure:

That truth is liberating and (re-)assuring.

I just saw some fool on the television ranting religion is unnecessary because it is possible to reach God by living a good, moral life. I thought, "What an idiot. He just summarized every religion ever known to humanity except one while he was arguing against religion and he completely ignored, 'by faith alone.'" I found myself hoping God would save Him, asking God to do so.....

....and maybe letting me be there the moment when that guy realized his prior idiocy đŸ€Ż.

Was that bad of me? :unsure:
Common among world religions these days. Note that some Reformed circles have also have similar issues with Imputation of Christ Righteousness (Free Gift), PSA and so forth. Some have even gone as far as believing there's no punishment for sin.

I try to stay away from judging or name calling. I just want to share the truth of God's word as I keep on learning everyday.​

I try to stay away from judging or name calling.​
Well, I talk at the tv sometimes. I tell the women with televexia, "Eat something!" and call the men who won't tell their love interest about their affection, "Coward!" but that's just because I like women to have curves and I'm a romantic. 😁
Common among world religions these days. Note that some Reformed circles have also have similar issues with Imputation of Christ Righteousness (Free Gift), PSA and so forth. Some have even gone as far as believing there's no punishment for sin.

............... I just want to share the truth of God's word as I keep on learning everyday.​
Yep.

FAQ: Was it really necessary to restore Christ's crucified dead body to life? Why
couldn't he just leave it be and go on up to heaven without it?

REPLY: Although Jesus' crucifixion is adequate for obtaining forgiveness for people's
sins, it alone cannot obtain exoneration: defined by Webster's as: to clear from
accusation or blame. In other words; forgiveness alone leaves behind a record of
one's offenses. That's where Jesus' resurrection comes into play.

● Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered over to death for our sins, and was raised to life
for our justification.

The Greek word translated "justification" basically means acquittal; defined as an
adjudication of innocence due to a lack of sufficient evidence to convict.

People merely forgiven and/or pardoned still carry a load of guilt; viz: they have a
record, i.e. a criminal history. Christ's resurrection deletes that history so that on
the books, it's as though believers have never been anything but 100% innocent.

FAQ: What about a believer's new sins; the ones they commit after coming to faith
in Christ?[/font[

REPLY: From the moment of their conversion, God stops recording all that.

● 2Cor 5:19 . . God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing
their trespasses unto them.

The Greek word in that passage for "imputing" basically means to keep an
inventory.

NOTE: Jehovah's Witnesses insist Jesus' crucified dead body is still dead and its
remains are squirreled away in a condition and a location known only to God. What
should that tell us about their chances of walking away alive at the great white
throne event depicted by Rev 20:11-15?

● 1Cor 15:17 . . Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you
are yet in your sins.
_

FAQ: Was it really necessary to restore Christ's crucified dead body to life? Why
couldn't he just leave it be and go on up to heaven without it?

REPLY: Although Jesus' crucifixion is adequate for obtaining forgiveness for people's
sins, it alone cannot obtain exoneration: defined by Webster's as: to clear from
accusation or blame. In other words; forgiveness alone leaves behind a record of
one's offenses. That's where Jesus' resurrection comes into play.

● Rom 4:25 . . He was delivered over to death for our sins, and was raised to life
for our justification.

The Greek word translated "justification" basically means acquittal; defined as an
adjudication of innocence due to a lack of sufficient evidence to convict.

People merely forgiven and/or pardoned still carry a load of guilt; viz: they have a
record, i.e. a criminal history. Christ's resurrection deletes that history so that on
the books, it's as though believers have never been anything but 100% innocent.
Not just innocent, but counted as righteous! Because of Christ and his works that fulfilled the Law demands, and by becoming a curse for us and receiving the full punishment of righteous justice for our sins upon his head.
FAQ: What about a believer's new sins; the ones they commit after coming to faith
in Christ?[/font[

REPLY: From the moment of their conversion, God stops recording all that.

● 2Cor 5:19 . . God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing
their trespasses unto them.

The Greek word in that passage for "imputing" basically means to keep an
inventory.

NOTE: Jehovah's Witnesses insist Jesus' crucified dead body is still dead and its
remains are squirreled away in a condition and a location known only to God. What
should that tell us about their chances of walking away alive at the great white
throne event depicted by Rev 20:11-15?

● 1Cor 15:17 . . Further, if Christ has not been raised up, your faith is useless; you
are yet in your sins.
_
Amen!

And baptism?

Was the thief on the cross next to Jesus, was he baptist? I am not denying being baptist for the record. But what if one cannot get baptist, are they saved? Yes!
The Reformers were explicit in grounding our Justification on Christ's penal substitution for us under the punitive wrath of God. According to Anselm, whose view had been standard in the West for 4 centuries before the Reformers, Christ's death was a satisfaction for our sin offered to God as an alternative to the punishment of our persons. The Reformers assumed this formula, but added two emphases which went beyond Anselm---first, that the Son's offering was made at the Father's bidding; second, that Christ's death made satisfaction precisely by being the punishment of our sins in his person. Satisfaction (Reformers Propitiation), in other words, was by satisfaction (Reformers substitution); vicarious sin-bearing by the Son of God is the ground (cause) of our Justification and hope. In saying this, the Reformers were not offering a speculative rationale of Christ's work of reconciliation, but simply expounding and confessing the scriptural reality of it.​

Was the thief on the cross next to Jesus, was he baptist? I am not denying being baptist for the record. But what if one cannot get baptist, are they saved? Yes!
Baptists don’t believe in baptism? Really?

The thief apply heb 9:16-17

Extraordinary verses ordinary

If the sacrament is ordinary available yes it would be required

If under extraordinary circumstances it would truly be impossible then it would not be required but if it then become ordinary available and was rejected that would be a problem.

Or to use this say it’s ordinarily available but not required would also be an act of rebellion against Christ who instituted the sacraments for the salvation of souls, to the application of his merits (blood, death) in the form of grace of the sacraments to our spiritual souls!

Thanks

Baptists don’t believe in baptism? Really?

The thief apply heb 9:16-17

Extraordinary verses ordinary

If the sacrament is ordinary available yes it would be required

If under extraordinary circumstances it would truly be impossible then it would not be required but if it then become ordinary available and was rejected that would be a problem.

Or to use this say it’s ordinarily available but not required would also be an act of rebellion against Christ who instituted the sacraments for the salvation of souls, to the application of his merits (blood, death) in the form of grace of the sacraments to our spiritual souls!

Thanks
As I said before, I do not deny baptism, but if one cannot be done for whatever circumstance, it will not affect their justification before God. As with the thief on the Cross, or like war zones across the globe, or lack of water, or disabilities etc.

As I said before, I do not deny baptism, but if one cannot be done for whatever circumstance, it will not affect their justification before God. As with the thief on the Cross, or like war zones across the globe, or lack of water, or disabilities etc.
But you want to simply discount all baptism cos of this? Just go with “faith alone”!

But you want to simply discount all baptism cos of this? Just go with “faith alone”!
But Baptism is not the ground or cause of a sinner's justification. That Sir, is through Faith Alone!

But Baptism is not the ground or cause of a sinner's justification. That Sir, is through Faith Alone!
No it is the sacrament of baptism that we receive the grace (Christ merited) of justification applied to our spiritual souls

“Baptismal regeneration” is the initiation into the new covenant!

Christian baptism is an outward sign of the inward action of grace, or merits of Christ’s passion blood and death applied to our souls!

We cannot see the inward action of grace purifying the soul, so God gave us the outward “sign” of water washing the body to indicate the inward action of grace and connected the two

It is administered to us

2 pet 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Apostles administer grace

2 Corinthians 8:19
And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:

Thks

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Matt 28:19 faith & baptism
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 eph 2:1 and 5 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 eph 4:30 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 4:5 one faith, one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

Faith and baptism are required Mk 16:16 eph 4:5

Faith alone even all faith avails NOTHING! 1 cor 13:2

Not called to “faith alone” Phil 1:29

Baptism
Ez 36:25-27
Matt 28:19
Mk 16:16
Jn 3:5
Acts 2:38-9 & 8:36-38 & 23:16
Rom 6:3
Col 2:12
2 cor 12:13
Gal 3:27
2 Tim 1:10
Eph 2:1
2 cor 5:17
Eph 1:13 & 4:5 & 5:26
Titus 3:5
1 pet 1:2
1 pet 3:20-21

No it is the sacrament of baptism that we receive the grace (Christ merited) of justification applied to our spiritual souls

“Baptismal regeneration” is the initiation into the new covenant!

No Sir, it is not what is done in us or by us that justifies. This is what you are not understanding. It is the person of Christ, his finished works, and his Penal Substitutionary Atonement that justifies us! He was raised for our Justification.

In the covenant of grace, everything hinges upon the sacrificial death and the perfect obedience of Jesus who is the only covenant mediator between God and humanity (1 Timothy 2:5), yet who can sympathize with us in our weaknesses having been tempted in all ways as we have, yet without sin (cf. Hebrews 3:1-6; 4:14-16).

The intruding of works. This happens the moment we look to anything in ourselves, whether of nature; acts of faith or to deeds of repentance, as a basis for pardon and acceptance. Reformed theology had to fight this tendency in both Romanism and Arminianism. The Council of Trent (1547, session VI) defined justification as inner renewal plus pardon and acceptance, the renewal being the basis of the pardon, and went on to affirm that the "sole formal cause" (unica formalis causa) of justification, in both its aspects, was God's righteousness imparted through baptism as its instrumental cause. "Formal Cause" means that which gives a thing its quality; so the thesis is that the ground (cause) of our being pardoned and accepted by infused grace is our having been made genuinely righteous in ourselves; through works. (This links up with the Roman idea that "concupiscence" in the regenerate is not sin till it is yielded to). In other words, once grace is imparted to sinner they begin to do righteous works without sin are pardon based upon these acts of righteousness.

In reply, a host of Reformed divines, continental and British, episcopal and non-episcopal, drew out at length the Reformers' contention, discussed above, that the "sole formal cause" of justification is not God's righteousness imparted, but Christ's righteousness imputed. The same point was pressed against the seventeenth-century Arminians, who held that faith is "counted for righteousness" because it is in itself actual personal righteousness, being obedience to the gospel viewed as God's law, and being also an act of self-determination that is in no sense determined by God. The argument against both Romans and Arminians was that by finding the ground (cause) of justification in the believer himself they contradicted the Scriptures; nourished pride, and a spirit of self-sufficiency and self-reliance in religion, so encouraging self-ignorance; destroyed assurance by making final salvation depend upon ourselves rather than on God; obscured the nature of faith as self-renouncing trust; and robbed both God's grace and God's Son of the full glory that was their due. It is not enough, declared the Reformers writers, to say that without Christ our justification could not be; one must go on to say that it is on the ground of his obedience as our substitutionary sin-bearer, and that alone, that righteousness is reckoned (given/credited) to us, and sin canceled.

No Sir, it is not what is done in us or by us that justifies. This is what you are not understanding. It is the person of Christ, his finished works, and his Penal Substitutionary Atonement that justifies us! He was raised for our Justification.

In the covenant of grace, everything hinges upon the sacrificial death and the perfect obedience of Jesus who is the only covenant mediator between God and humanity (1 Timothy 2:5), yet who can sympathize with us in our weaknesses having been tempted in all ways as we have, yet without sin (cf. Hebrews 3:1-6; 4:14-16).

The intruding of works. This happens the moment we look to anything in ourselves, whether of nature; acts of faith or to deeds of repentance, as a basis for pardon and acceptance. Reformed theology had to fight this tendency in both Romanism and Arminianism. The Council of Trent (1547, session VI) defined justification as inner renewal plus pardon and acceptance, the renewal being the basis of the pardon, and went on to affirm that the "sole formal cause" (unica formalis causa) of justification, in both its aspects, was God's righteousness imparted through baptism as its instrumental cause. "Formal Cause" means that which gives a thing its quality; so the thesis is that the ground (cause) of our being pardoned and accepted by infused grace is our having been made genuinely righteous in ourselves; through works. (This links up with the Roman idea that "concupiscence" in the regenerate is not sin till it is yielded to). In other words, once grace is imparted to sinner they begin to do righteous works without sin are pardon based upon these acts of righteousness.

In reply, a host of Reformed divines, continental and British, episcopal and non-episcopal, drew out at length the Reformers' contention, discussed above, that the "sole formal cause" of justification is not God's righteousness imparted, but Christ's righteousness imputed. The same point was pressed against the seventeenth-century Arminians, who held that faith is "counted for righteousness" because it is in itself actual personal righteousness, being obedience to the gospel viewed as God's law, and being also an act of self-determination that is in no sense determined by God. The argument against both Romans and Arminians was that by finding the ground (cause) of justification in the believer himself they contradicted the Scriptures; nourished pride, and a spirit of self-sufficiency and self-reliance in religion, so encouraging self-ignorance; destroyed assurance by making final salvation depend upon ourselves rather than on God; obscured the nature of faith as self-renouncing trust; and robbed both God's grace and God's Son of the full glory that was their due. It is not enough, declared the Reformers writers, to say that without Christ our justification could not be; one must go on to say that it is on the ground of his obedience as our substitutionary sin-bearer, and that alone, that righteousness is reckoned (given/credited) to us, and sin canceled.

The fundamentalists invented this “do it yourself” religion 1800 years after Christ founded the church and the sacraments for the salvation of souls! Matt 28:19

His words are eternal and must believed by the command of God!
Matt 17:5

We must believe and obey both Christ and the church He founded on the apostles (16:18-19) to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

(Not scripture alone)
Sacred Scripture according to the churches cannon and interpretation? Yes!
Scripture alone? No!

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things by, by whom also he made the worlds;

“Not by scripture alone”!

That’s the nail in the coffin of “Sola scriptura” it is dead and buried, “false doctrine” the doctrine of demons like all the sola’s!
It’s

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. Jn 1:17

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life! Jn 14:6

And this extends to His apostolic church, Christ and His church are one and inseparable! Acts 9:4 Jn 15:5 eph 5:32 acts 2:42

One shepherd and one fold! Jn 10:16

The truth of the Christian faith and the church are of divine origin and cannot be reformed!

Jesus Christ is the Light of the world! Jn 8:12
Apostolic church the light of the world! Matt 5:14

Must Hear Jesus Christ! Matt 17:5
Acts 3:23
Must Hear the apostolic church! Matt 18:17 1 Jn 4:6

Authority of Jesus Christ! Matt 28:17
Authority of the apostles! Jn 20:21

Jesus Christ has Reconciliation!
2 cor 5:19
Apostles have ministry of Reconciliation! 2 cor 5:18

Jesus Christ have power to forgive mens sins! Lk 5:20 Jn
Apostles have power to forgive mens sins! Jn 20:23

Jesus Christ is the truth! Jn 14:6
The apostolic church is the pillar of truth! 1 Tim 3:16

For the apostolic authority in Holy church decided and decreed (bound on earth / bound in heaven) the canon of Scripture, and is the only authentic interpreter of scripture!

The Christian faith is revealed by Christ!

Jesus Christ before ascending to heaven gave His apostles the fullness of truth, the apostolic church our mother and teacher is commanded by Him to teach and to sanctify with her sacraments (the promise of the spirit) all men unto eternal salvation! We are commanded to believe and obey! Matt 28:19

How can the Protestant concept: “sacred scripture is the only infallible source of truth” be true? There must be some infallible source that must tell us what is the canon of scripture & has authority to interpret scripture!

It is impossible to reject the church or her teaching without rejecting Christ who founded the church and revealed her teaching!

You cannot reject the kingdom established by the king and say I obey and submit to the king!

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church to teach and sanctify (baptize) all men unto eternal salvation! (Matt 28:19)

Christ and His church are one!
((Inseparable unity))
Acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 eph 5:32 Isa 53:5 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

Only Christ has authority to establish the church! Matt 16:18-19
One church! Jn 10:16 All others are sects “full of errors” “the tradition of men”! The new covenant Church is the eternal city of God! Household of faith! The pillar and ground of TRUTH! 1 Tim 3:15 Founded by Christ alone! Matt 16:18 on Peter and the apostles! Eph 2:20 Lk 22:29

The 30,000 sects (the tradition of men) having no authority at all! And holding and teaching contrary and new doctrines that oppose the Christian faith that was revealed by Christ and taught by holy mother church! Matt 28:19 acts 16:17

The “rule of faith” for Christians:
Revealed by Christ!
Taught by His apostolic church!

Thks

In baptism yes
All sin is washed away
Original sin
Personal sin (in the case of adults)
And the punishment due for sin

Acts 22:16 Titus 3:5 washed away

Jn 3:5 baptismal regeneration

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Cannot enter on our own by faith alone

Must be done to us!

2 pet 1:11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Apostles administer the king and grace

2 Corinthians 8:19
And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:

2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Sealed by God in the ark of salvation by faith and baptism
Water and the spirit

The Christian sacrament* of baptismal regeneration is required for the new covenant and salvation!

*this promise acts 2:38-39 is a sacred oath from God ez 36:25-27 and a sacred oath is a sacrament!

Initiation!!!

Faith & Baptism is the initiation of the new and eternal covenant!

You cannot enter on you’re own or by “faith alone”!

You cannot receive Christ or grace by “faith alone”!

“Accept Christ as you’re personal lord and savior” is fundamentalist tradition not found scripture!

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Baptismal regeneration a new creation in Christ! 2 Cor 5:17

A sacrament is an oath! A sacred promise from God! Ez 36:25-27
Acts 2:38-39 (this promise)

No baptism no grace!
No union with God and His saints thru Christ the mediator!

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

You cannot enter on you’re own or by faith alone! Jn 3:5

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13 and cannot be repeated

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Christ instituted the holy church to teach and sanctify all men unto eternal salvation. (repent and believe the gospel) with the institution of the sacraments to convey grace to sanctify souls!
Matt 28:19

Back