• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Justification

I am very familiar with Law and Gospel etc. I know the arrangement with Adam is later called a covenant.
Later? God entered a Covenant of Works with Adam in the Garden Temple.
All that is fine but has nothing or little to do with Paul speaking to the modus operanDI of the 1st Cent Judaism zealots or how they ruined the country like Dan 9 and many lines in Luke said. It was the practical outcome of their mistaken theology. Paul describes it to undo it.
Well, you must understand that Saul before he became Paul was a Judaizer, right? He was the greatest Pharisee there was, he persecuted, tortured and killed Christians who were preaching and sharing the Free Promise of the Gospel; the announcement that the Law was fulfilled in Christ for sinners who believe. Once Saul was converted by Christ on the road to Damascus he became the fugitive of what he once persecuted. Ironic, huh?​

No just curious about His saying two things that appear to contradict
I'd say the word "blameless" doesn't mean without any fault, but with consistent obedience. But I don't know the Greek and Hebrew well enough to say that for sure. But let him among you who is without sin cast the first stone.

Later? God entered a Covenant of Works with Adam in the Garden Temple.

Well, you must understand that Saul before he became Paul was a Judaizer, right? He was the greatest Pharisee there was, he persecuted, tortured and killed Christians who were preaching and sharing the Free Promise of the Gospel; the announcement that the Law was fulfilled in Christ for sinners who believe. Once Saul was converted by Christ on the road to Damascus he became the fugitive of what he once persecuted. Ironic, huh?​

"Later"
That means in the text of the Bible. It doesn't show until Isaiah.

Paul as a Judaizer
Yes I wrote a book on it. THE COVENANT REVOLT. The chapter on Paul says if he had not been intercepted by God, he would have been the prominent zealot of the time.

Back