• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Finally, The Correct Interpretation of the 70 Weeks Prophecy in Daniel

The 70 weeks were a period that ended in the mid 1st century. The description of the disastrous Jewish revolt is hauntingly accurate.

The only interpretive hitch is tracking antecedents correctly; in the last verse of 9, the text switches to the person in 8:13+ (the rebellion that desolates is personified in one person in following verses).

A person would have to have a very coherent, elaborate double-fufillment doctrine to go further than this. I have never seen one in 50 years of research.

--Marcus Sanford, THE COVENANT REVOLT, at Amazon.

Mock all you want. If you don't research the presented facts, there's nothing more to discuss.
Misread my posts all you like (I am neither arguing or mocking) I have researched and presented the facts and it is very clear here and now that it is you not addressing very real, valid, and salient matters. The FACT is the criteria in Daniel has been met and that is objectively demonstrable. The fact is if Jesus words about Daniel are taken as written hen this op is incorrect and hiding behind doing research is a red herring. No mockery intended, needed, or wanted.

When you are ready, I am here to discuss my op-reply.

Misread my posts all you like (I am neither arguing or mocking) I have researched and presented the facts and it is very clear here and now that it is you not addressing very real, valid, and salient matters. The FACT is the criteria in Daniel has been met and that is objectively demonstrable. The fact is if Jesus words about Daniel are taken as written hen this op is incorrect and hiding behind doing research is a red herring. No mockery intended, needed, or wanted.

When you are ready, I am here to discuss my op-reply.
This thread is made to discuss the research I have presented. Not other viewpoints that do NOT meet the Ezra 6:14 Challenge. You can make another thread to discuss your view.

Nice...eclipseEventSigns...nice...you have spent a measurable amount of time in research...nice work...posted all or a portion of it here in what for me was a very difficult to follow format...abundance of data and you are excited about the outcome of your investment...awesome Bro!

So...where do you place that 70th or 70.5 week of Daniel? I must have missed it...forgive me.

Tatwo...:)
Sorry that you found it hard to follow. It can be a very confusing topic. And is why so many people have not understood the prophecy correctly for centuries. I provide all of this research in multiple formats. Obviously this forum requires short amounts of text in posts. This is not ideal. But I have made videos describing all of this research and giving all the sources and references for anyone to check these facts out for themselves. The link is in my icon to the left. Then there is a book I have published which goes into very much more detail and gives the exact calculations for anyone to verify.

It's all available for anyone to find out the true interpretation of these things.

This thread is made to discuss the research I have presented. Not other viewpoints that do NOT meet the Ezra 6:14 Challenge. You can make another thread to discuss your view.

This would create a theological ghetto. You need to be open to research from all views to confirm anything. Try this single remarkable question: why is it that the only direct quote of Dan 9 by the NT (Jesus himself) is to identify the awful person who leads the Jewish revolt in the mid-first century?

This would create a theological ghetto. You need to be open to research from all views to confirm anything. Try this single remarkable question: why is it that the only direct quote of Dan 9 by the NT (Jesus himself) is to identify the awful person who leads the Jewish revolt in the mid-first century?
I invite anyone to verify what I have researched and attempt to disprove it. I've asked this for almost 10 years now. No one has been able to. Instead, everyone who contacts me who has verified my research tells me I have indeed correctly interpreted how the prophecy should be understood.
And exactly who led a revolt in the mid first century?

I invite anyone to verify what I have researched and attempt to disprove it. I've asked this for almost 10 years now. No one has been able to. Instead, everyone who contacts me who has verified my research tells me I have indeed correctly interpreted how the prophecy should be understood.

That would be my answer: If you don’t know what happened, you are not close to the meaning.

There are 10000 supposed prophecy experts out there. There are only a handful of NT historians.

There are 2500 quotes or allusions of the OT by the NT. Most prophecy experts do not follow the path they establish.

This thread is made to discuss the research I have presented.
Yes, and my position is that it does not deserve discussion because of what scripture plainly states when it is read exactly as written, AND when the op is read it is objectively observable a great plethora of eisegetic liberties have been taken with scripture to make it say things it cannot exegetically or logically be made to say if the texts are read as written and exegetically examined.

Others may take up the nonsense but that "discussion" would also be nonsense.

Post 16 might not be considered worth a response but in that case, silence would be the best.

If the goal is to "discuss" the "research" then it should
Not other viewpoints that do NOT meet the Ezra 6:14 Challenge.
My viewpoint does meet the Ezra 6:14 and I have demonstrated the op does not. By your own standard the op should not be discussed!
You can make another thread to discuss your view.
That kind of response is always a cop out. I and everyone and anyone can make another thread, everyone knows that, and no one needs to be told that. It's not only hugely non sequitur; it's another abject failure to address the facts in evidence of Post #16.

For now I am here telling anyone else who bothers to read my posts there is a more veracious way to read the relevant texts, one exegetically better, more logical, and a manner that bears much better consistency with the whole of scripture, and I am quite content to have everyone see the refusal to discuss the problems in the op and a better alternative even as I hoped for more.

Let's be clear here. It looks like the purpose of the op is to impose its position(s) on others, not discuss it. Not only was this thread established with TWELVE ops, but there's also not one single point of inquiry or comment specified for discussion beyond the tile of the thread. A desire and intent to "discuss" was made but the facts in evidence not only disprove that desire, but a series of fallacies have been deployed to justify the avoidance. The first response was...
I've presented hours of research...........
Who cares? 100 hours, 1000 hours, one gazillion hours of research is not proof of truth. It is not proof of anything! It is, logically speaking, a fallacious argument. It's a false cause argument: because hours of research have been done this op is correct. No, hours of research do not prove ANYTHING and if the op contains the same kind of reasoning as the defense then the op too is fallacious.
Not argue things...
And that clause is a straw man. It misrepresents the opposing view and then argues against the misrepresentation. I wasn't arguing. I was discussing. It's also hypocrisy because strawmen are arguing, not discussion.
...which you state which have been shown to incorrect.
And the substance of which has been ignored in favor of a false cause, straw man, and hypocrisy.
So, how does your view pass the Ezra 6:14 Challenge?
This is particularly humorous, even though I suspect it was not intended to be humorous. It's humorous because if hours of research have been done then you know and you know instantly, that Post 16 does meet the Ezra 6;14 test and the question needn't be asked! Not only does the question not have to be asked but Post 16 should instantly and unequivocally affirmed as commendably passing the test!

But that's not the posted response, is it? In other words, the opportunity NOT to argue availed itself but instead of starting with agreement and agreement measured by terms you set.... a choice not do so was deliberately made. That is arguing. It is not discussion.
If it can't, then it is not correct.
And that is irony because Post 16 does pass the test and Post 1 does not.

We could be discussing that but we're not. YOU could be learning more research from those God saw fit to bring to this thread (either in thesis or antithesis) but you're not. YOU could be refining your case but fallacy ensued instead.

You can Post an op. I can, too. @TATII, @EarlyActs, and whoever else shows up can do the same. You can post this op AND, having done so, the op is all yours to discuss. It is yours to assert, yours to defend, yours to clarify as needed, yours to amend if the discussions warrant. The op is also yours to recant should the various discussion prove that necessary. That is called discussion. What is not your to do is decide who gets to post what in reply to the op. There are currently only three who've replied but in the due course of time more will come and a diversity of replies will follow. You will either be able to address every concern every poster brings to bear on this op or you will not. The areas where you prove unable are indications either more study is needed or the op is fatally flawed and only those conversations will prove which is the case. Those who already share the position asserted in this twelve-post op are not likely to add much. Those "conversations" tend to be self-affirming unless they fill out the case and prove it flawless. If all you want to do is trade posts this with ONLY those who ONLY agree then say so, and do not call that a discussion.

Lastly, you and I are going to continue to have problems until my posts are either ignored or engaged with cogent discourse and not adversarial fallacy. We have different positions (at least when it comes to eschatology) but that does not mean we cannot discuss the differences kindly. If that happens then it is likely, given the facts already in evidence, that you will have to learn from someone with whom you don't like trading posts. That could be a good thing. I do not require anyone to believe as I believe but I do expect them to make a case for their positions between than this op does.

So go back to Post 16 and read it as if you actually want to discuss this op. Do it because the points in Post 16 are valid. The criteria stated in the Daniel text pertaining to the 70 weeks have been met. Lots of people disagree, but it is invariably their doctrine that drives the disagreement, not the text of Daniel 9. There's only one place Daniel is explicitly mentioned in the New Testament and that text provides criteria that also, again, informs us the 70 weeks have already occurred - if the text is read exactly as written. And, yes, Post 16 does pass the "Ezra 6:14 challenge" (even if I think "challenges" based on a proof-texting of scripture something to be avoided).

Yes, and my position is that it does not deserve discussion because of what scripture plainly states when it is read exactly as written, AND when the op is read it is objectively observable a great plethora of eisegetic liberties have been taken with scripture to make it say things it cannot exegetically or logically be made to say if the texts are read as written and exegetically examined.

Others may take up the nonsense but that "discussion" would also be nonsense.
Your writing is full of nonsense. Deal with the subject.

This has become unsavory...

Which one of you theologians is representing the interest of the King you profess allegiance to?

He said love one another as I have loved you...as the most important commandment...nothing about what you are doing reflects that...nothing. The first sign of the antichrist is ill towards a brother...what are you thinking?

Which is fine by me...however when you attempt to convey your carnal words of division dressing it in the "wisdom & knowledge" associated to the name of Christ...at some point He will respond as Father...if you are His son...it will be in love but it will reflect His course of discipline for you...or...if you are not His son...He will eventually remind you that you have already been judged. Understand this how the harlot acts...exactly the same as you are acting here.

The orphan slaves run rampant on these "Christian" forums...they have no inheritance...they live in fear.

TATII

Which one of you theologians is representing the interest of the King you profess allegiance to?

He said love one another as I have loved you...as the most important commandment...nothing about what you are doing reflects that...nothing. The first sign of the antichrist is ill towards a brother...what are you thinking?

Which is fine by me...however when you attempt to convey your carnal words of division dressing it in the "wisdom & knowledge" associated to the name of Christ...at some point He will respond as Father...if you are His son...it will be in love but it will reflect His course of discipline for you...or...if you are not His son...He will eventually remind you that you have already been judged. Understand this how the harlot acts...exactly the same as you are acting here.

The orphan slaves run rampant on these "Christian" forums...they have no inheritance...they live in fear.

TATII
When the truth is presented, many do not want to hear it. They lash out because it is opposed to their set mindset. They reveal themselves in the ad hominems they hurl.

TATII

In my case, over 50 years of this, I know a few key questions to ask up front.

That is correct. Key questions which you can not support. And unsavory argumentative attitude. Just not interested in any of this.

Why, then, did you call my view childish without knowing much of it?

My key questions are ones that need to be answered to avoid protracted repeat trips to cul de sacs in the suburbs.

Did you take the Lk 23:28 test yet?

At least 2 or 3 of my posts are missing.

In one I had some basic questions:

1, are the declarations of 2 Th 2 and Lk 21 that the full wrath of God on Israel in the war in that generation--are they 'facts' or theolog opinion?

2, take the Lk 23:28 test: that biological generation was when John meant that Hos 10 (Rev 6) would be fulfilled. It is confined by a "4D" move.

3, what possible reason would Peter need to speak of a delay of worldwide judgement in 2 P 3?

4, discuss how Dan 9 is an awesome miniature of NT history from crucifixion to the revot that destroyed the country.

Here's another clue for the Ezra 6:14 Challenge.
Ezra specifically lists 4 commands. These allowed the temple to be finished by reason of, as a result of, because of these 4 commands. This is not the same as stating they all only dealt with the temple. Some were limited in scope to the temple. But some included reentry into the land so that Jerusalem would be rebuilt along with the temple. Three were by earthly kings. The first in the list was by God Himself. Where is this command and when was it done?

An in depth analysis of Daniel 9:25 very clearly shows that none of the eventual 3 decrees by earthly kings is being referred to. The very first part of the phrase that Gabriel speaks makes this evident. "So you are to know and have insight that from the going out of...."[Dan 9:25a] Gabriel tells Daniel to listen to this information and fully understand it. Daniel is not going to have to wait around for some earthly king like Artaxerxes to make a decree a hundred years after he is dead. He was to understand what Gabriel was saying immediately. God gave Daniel an answer to his prayer right then and there.

As I stated previously it's all tied to Jeremiah's writings, which Daniel had been studying intensely and finally understood. "Restore" and "rebuild". "Sub" and "bana". The keys that Gabriel told to Daniel and what he understood. But also the phrase "the going out of the word". The "word" is the Hebrew "dabar". It means speech, utterance, words. Daniel never uses this word to refer to an official decree by an earthly king. Never. He uses entirely different words for that. But he does use "dabar" when talking about the word of God. God's word through the prophets. He actually uses it at the beginning of the chapter.

[Dan 9:2 LSB] 2 in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, discerned in the books the number of the years [concerning] which the word of Yahweh came to Jeremiah the prophet ...

Gabriel specifically ties the "sub" and "bana" to the word of the Lord through Jeremiah which Daniel was well acquainted with. It would have made immediate and perfect sense to Daniel. Just as Gabriel told him it would.

So where is this word of the Lord using the specific words "sub" and "bana"? This is the Ezra 6:14 Challenge. If an interpretation of the 70 Weeks prophecy doesn't address this issue, it is not correct.

Dan 9's last paragraph is an awesome concise summary of upcoming NT history from the crucifixion to the destruction of the nation in 70 AD. (Well I teach grammar and the switch of antecedent in v27 is unfortunate).

Back