• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Does the apostolic church require…

What you did was give me some sort of explanation ...you didn't answer my question.

What is the "apostolic church" saying today?
Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life!

Did the apostles preach the New Testament before it was written?
Where is God’s word different? He does not change. Therefore His word don’t change. The NT interprets the OT. It’s all fulfilled in Christ.

You do know scripture, both old and new is about Jesus.

Where is God’s word different? He does not change. Therefore His word don’t change. The NT interprets the OT. It’s all fulfilled in Christ.

You do know scripture, both old and new is about Jesus.
So the apostles received the truth from Christ? Jude 1:3

Only cos of charity for you who believe “scripture is the only authority”
Again, who has said anything about scripture being the only authority? You keep imposing that in your threads and doing so as a straw man, I have asked you repeatedly about this and you NEVER answer the question or address the problem. The ONLY poster here saying scripture is the only authority is YOU.
If you accepted the apostolic council of Trent, I would quote it

See below for the whole enchilada!
You are dodging the salient points.

1. There is no such things as "the apostolic church" in scripture.
  2. You say the apostolic church is not dependent on scripture but you prove that by depending on scripture.
  3. When you use scripture to prove scripture is not necessary you contradict yourself.
  4. When you use scripture, you make verses say things they do not state, and that happens chronically.
  5. I have pointed out the misuse of scripture several times in multiple ops so I know you know it, you know you know, you know I know you know it. That means every time you repeat that error you do so knowingly. That makes it a lie, not a simple mistake.
  6. The RCC does not teach these practices so I (along with everyone else) know it's not a product of RC doctrine (or other teaching), thereby indicating you do this for some other reason than the defense of RCism or as an apologist for the RCC.

Fix those six problems first. I'll come back when there exists some proof those problems have been fixed with some evidence they will not re-occur. Until then you're a troll and a very poor representative for Roman Catholicism. Use scripture better and be a better Catholic. I've told you before: I have no particular axe to grind with Catholicism. I am not anti-Catholic. I am anti-abuse-of-scripture, anti-stupidity, and anti-troll. It is, presumably, well within your ability to readily improve.

Do so.

This op failed the moment you used scripture to defend the lack of scripture's necessity. That was just nuts 🤪.

What do you think?
Then why would the need the New Testament to know the truth?

And therefore “scripture is not the only authority”!
So much for “sola scriptura”!

Amen?

Again, who has said anything about scripture being the only authority? You keep imposing that in your threads and doing so as a straw man, I have asked you repeatedly about this and you NEVER answer the question or address the problem. The ONLY poster here saying scripture is the only authority is YOU.

You are dodging the salient points.

1. There is no such things as "the apostolic church" in scripture.
  2. You say the apostolic church is not dependent on scripture but you prove that by depending on scripture.
  3. When you use scripture to prove scripture is not necessary you contradict yourself.
  4. When you use scripture, you make verses say things they do not state, and that happens chronically.
  5. I have pointed out the misuse of scripture several times in multiple ops so I know you know it, you know you know, you know I know you know it. That means every time you repeat that error you do so knowingly. That makes it a lie, not a simple mistake.
  6. The RCC does not teach these practices so I (along with everyone else) know it's not a product of RC doctrine (or other teaching), thereby indicating you do this for some other reason than the defense of RCism or as an apologist for the RCC.

Fix those six problems first. I'll come back when there exists some proof those problems have been fixed with some evidence they will not re-occur. Until then you're a troll and a very poor representative for Roman Catholicism. Use scripture better and be a better Catholic. I've told you before: I have no particular axe to grind with Catholicism. I am not anti-Catholic. I am anti-abuse-of-scripture, anti-stupidity, and anti-troll. It is, presumably, well within your ability to readily improve.

Do so.

This op failed the moment you used scripture to defend the lack of scripture's necessity. That was just nuts 🤪.
So are other churches. My church says that and "apostolic" isn't even the name.
There was an only one church “according to scripture”!
Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16

Established by Christ on Peter and the apostles lk 22:29 eph 2:20

Then why 7 letters?
Figure of speech

Notice it is always “thee church” at (a specific location)

One universal church established only by Christ on Peter and the apostles

All others are the tradition of men full of errors

The apostles WROTE the NT, under the authority of Christ----the things He taught them after His resurrection in the forty days before His ascension, and by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. THEIR writings that make up the NT tell us this. It is US who learn the same things they learned, from the NT.

The frequent quotes from the OT in the NT by both Jesus and the apostles, lend authority of teaching and doctrine and history, to the OT scriptures. They are interpreting the OT in light of the full revealing of the mysteries in them (what could not be fully understood because it could not be revealed until Jesus came, died, rose again, ascended back to the Father. This also established the authority of what is in the NT as to the teaching of Christ's church. Anything outside of or contradictory to to what is in scripture is heresy.

The apostles WROTE the NT, under the authority of Christ----the things He taught them after His resurrection in the forty days before His ascension, and by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. THEIR writings that make up the NT tell us this. It is US who learn the same things they learned, from the NT.

The frequent quotes from the OT in the NT by both Jesus and the apostles, lend authority of teaching and doctrine and history, to the OT scriptures. They are interpreting the OT in light of the full revealing of the mysteries in them (what could not be fully understood because it could not be revealed until Jesus came, died, rose again, ascended back to the Father. This also established the authority of what is in the NT as to the teaching of Christ's church. Anything outside of or contradictory to to what is in scripture is heresy.
No cos the apostles are “outside” of scripture, must be if they wrote it

The apostles did not need the New Testament to know the truth?

Amen?

Amen?
Gods word - “scripture” is the final authority. It is the touchstone to test all things.

This is how your traditions are tested.

Amen?
Are you an apostle?

It seems you either don't read what is posted, your ears can't hear it, or you have lost the ability to comprehend what has not been programmed into your thinking. The scriptures are the authority of Christian teaching FOR US. That is what SOLA SCRIPTURA MEANS. Not for those who gave us the NT.
No. They needed the understanding given by Jesus and the Holy Spirit. They were given this, and that is what they wrote and gave to the world.
Strawman. But then if you actually make your arguments from the true meaning of sola scriptura that you have had explained to you by those who do know what it means, for years and countless posts, you would have no argument at all. So I don't see you doing that any time soon.

Gods word - “scripture” is the final authority. It is the touchstone to test all things.

This is how your traditions are tested.
Scripture is tradition! 2 thes 2:15

It seems you either don't read what is posted, your ears can't hear it, or you have lost the ability to comprehend what has not been programmed into your thinking. The scriptures are the authority of Christian teaching FOR US. That is what SOLA SCRIPTURA MEANS. Not for those who gave us the NT.

No. They needed the understanding given by Jesus and the Holy Spirit. They were given this, and that is what they wrote and gave to the world.

Strawman. But then if you actually make your arguments from the true meaning of sola scriptura that you have had explained to you by those who do know what it means, for years and countless posts, you would have no argument at all. So I don't see you doing that any time soon.
(The scriptures are the authority of Christian teaching FOR US.)

Not what scripture says???

Back