• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Do we choose to be born again?

Not according to Calvinism. Calvinist "regeneration" seems to be a "Twilight state" that IS NOT "Salvation".
Regeneration is a synonym for being born again, as I posted.

One is BORN AGAIN by being indwelled by the Holy Spirit, which happens when one calls on GOD in FAITH that the SIN OFFERING of Jesus is theirs.
I know you think that; but, it's not what the Bible says. Are you willing to change your theology, to agree with the Bible?

Regeneration is a synonym for being born again, as I posted.

I know you think that; but, it's not what the Bible says. Are you willing to change your theology, to agree with the Bible?
It already agrees with the Bible, just not your paradigm/interpretation about the Bible.

BINGO!!! commonly, "Conviction of SIN" is the "drawing force" - AND the Source of FAITH (God's WORD TO YOU). However the FINAL DECISION to Repent and Call on God for salvation is yours. YOU CAN refuse, and the Conviction will fade (guess how I know that).
Before I guess. What kind of touching feeling fades away.?

We must be careful how we hear who we say we hear. We have the promise of His unseen approval of those lovingly moved to study rightly dividing the living written word. His Spirit bearing witness teaching us of the invisible things of God things of His Faithfulness

Christ is the Alfa and Omega . Christ does all the works a labor of His love

"Let there be" and "it was God alone good".(the law of faith)

I would think We are not saved by touchy feeling of dying flesh . Repentance is a work of God that he works in us, turning us towards him.

God has no reason to repent or wait in line waiting for dying mankind to make the first move .. .

New creation.... not rebuilt. reincarnated ,or restored . What we will be is not revealed to the flesh believers. they have a living hope beyond the grave in glory . In that way no man an see the glory of God and live while living in here bodies of dearth

He gives the believer ears (his understanding) and power to move according to His good pleasure. (Philippians 2:13)

He promises us in (Philippians 1:6) if he has begun the good teaching work in dying mankind he will not give up being Christ the one good teaching master yoked with us till the end.

Many like myself are slower learners .Like Peter ,

Christ the Holy anointing Spirit of the Father. He is our very confidence.

Why as it seems throw it away in exchange of a touchy feeling.. . . work of the flesh? What's the hope?

Get hooked on Christ. Not hooked on a feeling. . (guess how I know) .Experience is not the validator of the unseen eternal thing of God . God's written word alone is

Christ's work of His faith as a labor of his love moved those who had fallen from grace like those foolish touchy feeling in Galatians taking credit for the work of the Spirit. They were not walking by the power of unseen eternal things of God .

Galatians 3King James Version3 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law,(death) or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Revelation 2:1-6 King James Version Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks; know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake (the power that works in a new creation hast laboured, and hast not fainted. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Belive a God not sen revaled as it is written Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

The First love of God. His first work working us to both giving us ears hear to His understanding and empower to move toward that Love the invisible head. Christ . . .revealed as it is written.

Some of the Nicolaitans were having the commandment as oral traditons as human faith (dead) . They served the dying flesh in a succession men of like that of the Pope The kind of deeds the lord also hated. Human form in the place of eternal God .Who is not a man

He repented them they returned to thier first love. . The one witness that God has spoke (sola scriptura) and not the High priest called a Pope or a daysman .

The abomination of desolation. Dying flesh in blood (Nicole or Pope) in the place of the invisible witness Christ, our husband Yoked with him our daily sufferings can ne lighter.

Nobody can describe the salvation process better than Jesus Himself. As in John 6:37-39.

"ALL that the Father giveth me SHALL come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." This does not say exactly when those persons given to Christ will come to Christ (whether immediately upon being regenerated, or sometime later on) but they WILL inevitably come to Him and be accepted.

"For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of ALL which he hath given me I should lose NOTHING, but should raise it up again at the last day." There is not a single person given by God to Christ who does not make it to the final resurrection of eternal life with their body changed to the incorruptible and immortal.

The salvation process is an unbroken chain of events for those God has given to Christ - from God beginning that process to God finishing it.

This does not say exactly when those persons given to Christ will come to Christ (whether immediately upon being regenerated, or sometime later on)
So what's YOUR private definition of "Regenerated", since it doesn't mean "Come to Christ", or be "Born again" / "Saved" in your theological paradigm??

The conviction of SIN.

True, since it's God who always moves first.

Whether we FOLLOW GOD'S LEADING or not is up to us.
I would think he one that give us power .We in earthen vessels have none not little none of our own He freely gives us little of his labor of love calling us of little faith .Just enough tp please him yoked with Him resting in Him our daily sufferings are lighter with a future living hope beyond the grave

2 Corhtitains 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

In that way believers miraculously can give him all the glory knowing when we do cry out he does strengthen us to do by his power as a testimony of His faithfulness

So what's YOUR private definition of "Regenerated", since it doesn't mean "Come to Christ", or be "Born again" / "Saved" in your theological paradigm??
I don't have a "private definition" of regeneration. I read scripture's own description of this process of regeneration.

"The hearing ear and the seeing eye, The LORD hath made both of them." (Prov. 20:12). Christ would often say, "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear." That means not all who were listening to Christ speak had been given the gift of regeneration, enabling them to hearken understandably to what He meant when He spoke.

Concerning the hypocritical Pharisees, Christ said, "Ye believe not because ye are not of my sheep". It was "MY SHEEP hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. And I give unto them eternal life, and they shall never perish. Neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand." The state of being made a sheep FIRST (in the regeneration process) preceded them being able to hear Christ's voice, and to subsequently follow Him.

The scriptural example of salvation being compared to the childbirth process is spot on. The child from conception onward is considered a living human per God's terms. Yet we wait for the actual emergence of that child from the womb to visually perceive proof that life has been given already. The first breath of air that the child takes into its lungs could be compared to the first cry of faith to the Father in repentance. It's a visual demonstration of life that this child already possessed in the womb.

And there are no still-births, miscarriages, or abortions for God's children of faith. "Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the Lord: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God." (Isaiah 66:9).

How do I get born again ?
1 Cor. 1:30. "But OF HIM are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."

For those which eventually believe on His name, John 1:13 explains the direct cause for this belief. "Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but OF GOD."

1 Cor. 1:30. "But OF HIM are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption: That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord."

For those which eventually believe on His name, John 1:13 explains the direct cause for this belief. "Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but OF GOD."
Not Jn 3:5?

Not Jn 3:5?
John 3:5 is describing the very same process of being born OF GOD. The scriptures and John do not contradict each other.

John 3:5 equates being "born of water" as being born of the Spirit of God. You are misunderstanding the use of the tiny little Greek word "kai" as John 3:5 employs it.

"Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and (kai) of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." The word "kai" in Greek does not always mean "in addition to". Many times it is used in an explanatory sense, meaning "even", or "namely", or "specifically".

In other words, John 3:5 would read "...except a man be born of water (kai) EVEN of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." We know this was Christ's intended meaning, because He immediately went on to tell Nicodemus, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Being "born of the Spirit" defines being "born of water".

In John 7:38-39, Christ more fully developed this theme of "water" being a metaphor defining the Spirit at work when He said, "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake He of THE SPIRIT, which they that believe on him should receive..."

"Water" is simply a metaphor for the Holy Spirit, which has been implanted like a spring of living water within a believer as an unending source of life for that individual which will never be removed.

Last edited:
John 3:5 is describing the very same process of being born OF GOD. The scriptures and John do not contradict each other.

John 3:5 equates being "born of water" as being born of the Spirit of God. You are misunderstanding the use of the tiny little Greek word "kai" as John 3:5 employs it.

"Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and (kai) of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." The word "kai" in Greek does not always mean "in addition to". Many times it is used in an explanatory sense, meaning "even", or "namely", or "specifically".

In other words, John 3:5 would read "...except a man be born of water (kai) EVEN of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." We know this was Christ's intended meaning, because He immediately went on to tell Nicodemus, "That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Being "born of the Spirit" defines being "born of water".

In John 7:38-39, Christ more fully developed this theme of "water" being a metaphor defining the Spirit at work when He said, "He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake He of THE SPIRIT, which they that believe on him should receive..."

"Water" is simply a metaphor for the Holy Spirit, which has been implanted like a spring of living water within a believer as an unending source of life for that individual which will never be removed.
Water means spirit?

Born again by water & the spirit becomes born again by spirit and the spirit?
Double spirit?

Thks

Who administers this initiation of being born again by the spirit?

Water means spirit?

Born again by water & the spirit becomes born again by spirit and the spirit?
Double spirit?
You are missing the point of what the Greek word "kai" means in this John 3:15 verse where it defines water as being the Spirit. Or maybe I'm just not explaining myself very well.

Here is an example of where the word "kai" most definitely is not being used as meaning "in addition to" something else. Try Revelation 1:5-6. "...Unto Him that loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God AND (kai) His Father; to Him be glory and dominion."

In this verse, the word "kai" is being used in an explanatory sense of the God that John was referring to, NAMELY the Father of Jesus. This is not another God in addition to Jesus' Father. God IS the Father being spoken about.

Here is another in Ephesian 1:3. "Blessed be the God and (kai) the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ..." Again, this is not another God in addition to the Father of Jesus being spoken about. God IS NAMELY the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Just as being "born of water" in John 3:15 is NOT in addition to being "born of the Spirit". Water IS NAMELY the Spirit in this context. In other words, the rite of physical baptism in water is not what generates the spiritual birth of an individual. It is the work of the Holy Spirit as the "living water" which generates a child of God at any point of a person's life from conception onward - not any activity which they perform or which is performed upon them "by the will of man".

Christ also compared those "born of the Spirit" to the wind which blows wherever it wants to. You can hear the sound of it, but you can't tell where it comes from or where it's going. "So is every one who is born of the Spirit." You can see the effects of where the wind of the Spirit has gone, but humanity has absolutely no control over directing that activity of the Spirit.

You are missing the point of what the Greek word "kai" means in this John 3:15 verse where it defines water as being the Spirit. Or maybe I'm just not explaining myself very well.

Here is an example of where the word "kai" most definitely is not being used as meaning "in addition to" something else. Try Revelation 1:5-6. "...Unto Him that loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, And hath made us kings and priests unto God AND (kai) His Father; to Him be glory and dominion."

In this verse, the word "kai" is being used in an explanatory sense of the God that John was referring to, NAMELY the Father of Jesus. This is not another God in addition to Jesus' Father. God IS the Father being spoken about.

Here is another in Ephesian 1:3. "Blessed be the God and (kai) the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ..." Again, this is not another God in addition to the Father of Jesus being spoken about. God IS NAMELY the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Just as being "born of water" in John 3:15 is NOT in addition to being "born of the Spirit". Water IS NAMELY the Spirit in this context. In other words, the rite of physical baptism in water is not what generates the spiritual birth of an individual. It is the work of the Holy Spirit as the "living water" which generates a child of God at any point of a person's life from conception onward - not any activity which they perform or which is performed upon them "by the will of man".

Christ also compared those "born of the Spirit" to the wind which blows wherever it wants to. You can hear the sound of it, but you can't tell where it comes from or where it's going. "So is every one who is born of the Spirit." You can see the effects of where the wind of the Spirit has gone, but humanity has absolutely no control over directing that activity of the Spirit.
Do being born again has definitely nothing to do with baptism?

Do being born again has definitely nothing to do with baptism?
Baptism is a work of righteousness in which the believer being baptized is giving outward testimony to others of what has already inwardly been accomplished in them by the power of the Holy Spirit.

"NOT by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost." There is that activity of the Holy Spirit being compared to water again; the "living water" within which re-generates or gives re-birth to a person without their contributing to that re-birth in any way.

Baptism is one of the responses to that already-accomplished, inward re-generation process done solely by the Holy Spirit. This is why Peter in Acts 10:47 asked the question for those just-converted group of Gentile believers, "Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?" The Holy Ghost had already been given to these, and as a public testimony that they had already been given the Holy Ghost, the rite of baptism then followed.

Baptism is a work of righteousness in which the believer being baptized is giving outward testimony to others of what has already inwardly been accomplished in them by the power of the Holy Spirit.

"NOT by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, by the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Ghost." There is that activity of the Holy Spirit being compared to water again; the "living water" within which re-generates or gives re-birth to a person without their contributing to that re-birth in any way.

Baptism is one of the responses to that already-accomplished, inward re-generation process done solely by the Holy Spirit. This is why Peter in Acts 10:47 asked the question for those just-converted group of Gentile believers, "Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?" The Holy Ghost had already been given to these, and as a public testimony that they had already been given the Holy Ghost, the rite of baptism then followed.
Please Explain Mk 16:16
Jn 3:22
1 pet 3:20-21
And heb 10:22

And
1 Jn 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism

Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, (baptism)

Please Explain Mk 16:16
Jn 3:22
1 pet 3:20-21
And heb 10:22
None of these texts are in contradiction to what I wrote above.

- Mark 16:16 makes no claim that those who are not baptized will be damned. Also, when Mark wrote "He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved," (in the future) he was speaking about the bodily resurrection for those saints' final stage of their salvation inheritance with their dead bodies being changed into glorified, incorruptible and immortal forms. Mark 16:16 was not referring to the initial born again process initiated by the Holy Spirit.

Remember the text where Paul mentioned that "now is our salvation NEARER than when we believed"? (Romans 13:11). What Paul was referring to was the approaching bodily resurrection stage of the saints' salvation inheritance. These phases of the salvation process were given to us in Romans 8:29-30: God's foreknowledge, predestination, calling, justification, and glorification. Baptism is nowhere mentioned as part of this salvation process.

- John 3:22 simply has Christ's disciples (not Christ Himself) baptizing in Israel, just as John the Baptist had been doing: as a recognition of those who had already been born again and who had repented of their sins. For these to be baptized was one of the "fruits fit for repentance" - an action as a natural result of the repentance they were already expressing (Matt. 3:8). John compared these to "trees" bringing forth "good fruit", as compared to the "trees" such as the hypocritical Sadducees and Pharisees who did not bring forth this kind of fruit.

John's mission in Matthew 3:1-12 was to call for repentance in Israel, because the kingdom of heaven was then presently at hand, with a day of God's coming wrath when the chaff would be burned up. John denied baptism to the hypocritical Pharisees and Sadducees because they were not really children of faith like their ancestor faithful Abraham. This means baptism is not a fitting activity for those who are not already children of faith.

- 1 Peter 3:20-21 has the symbol of baptism saving those individuals "by the resurrection of Jesus Christ". The RESURRECTION of Jesus Christ is here given as the means by which these individuals were saved - not the physical act of an individual's baptism. You know as well as I do that Paul wrote to the believers that if Christ had not been raised from the dead, that they were yet in their sins and their faith was in vain as well as his preaching (1 Cor. 15:14-20).

I'm sure you also remember Christ once saying in Luke 12:50 concerning His crucifixion, "I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how distressed I am till it is accomplished!" I believe it is the symbol of this baptism of Christ's crucifixion sufferings, along with His resurrection from the dead which Peter was crediting for that which saves us. Not the individual baptism rite which believers are to participate in after repentance.

- As for Hebrews 10:22, this whole context concerned Christ as the Great High Priest over the house of God, and the priesthood of the believers in being able to enter even the holiest regions of heaven "by the blood of Jesus". Just as the OT priests used to do in the tabernacle and the temple, the saints under the New Covenant in Christ's blood could by themselves approach God's throne in heaven with their prayer requests, having their hearts "sprinkled" and their bodies "washed with pure water". This "sprinkling" and "washing" was in reference to the OT consecration rites of the priests' dedication and inauguration ceremonies when Moses washed Aaron and his sons in ceremonially pure water before dressing them in the priesthood garments and then sprinkling the sacrificial blood of a ram on the altar after they had laid their hands upon that ram (Leviticus 8:6-19). It does not refer to people being physically immersed or sprinkled in a baptism rite. It refers to the New Covenant spiritual reality of the believers having been consecrated by the blood of Jesus to the same privileged priesthood status as the priests of the OT and the Old Covenant.

Back