• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Age of the earth...Young or old?

Looking at the gravitational pull of the earth on the moon and centrifugal force is interesting. One would think the rate of movement / distance would increase over time as well as tidal forces diminish in relative fashion.
When it comes to these things and young earthers using this as an excuse (not saying you are) I get the scent of deism. It's as if the moon would hit the earth, or move too far away to sustain life on Earth, God would just ignore it.

I believe and trust, God has it all under control.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55.

There are other tests. Besides to my understanding radio carbon is very accurate un to a certain amout of time, then there are other procedures. And if these tests date something at say, 50 million years, then it's not that God created something to look 50 million years, but it may actually be 50 million years.
Radiocarbon dating has its own set of issues...especially when you realize the ratio of C14 to C12 was different in the antediluvian days compared to the post flood days.

When it comes to these things and young earthers using this as an excuse (not saying you are) I get the scent of deism. It's as if the moon would hit the earth, or move too far away to sustain life on Earth, God would just ignore it.

I believe and trust, God has it all under control.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55.
Of course He has it under His control and He could use many things to fulfill events yet to happen.
Maybe the moon.
:cool:

Yes, the dinosaur kind survived the flood on Noahs ark. Just as the bible proclaims.
We all did not even know dinosaurs existed before what the 1800's.

Whats wrong with a literal interpretation of Genesis? Was Adam not made from the dust then Eve from Adams rib?
Nothing is wrong with it. I believe in a literal interpretation of the creation account.

Not sure, but what would that have to do with the price of tea in China.

I beg to differ. I also respect your right to disagree....but, when the days are numbered and then associated with morning and evening which denotes a 24 hour long period of time...coupled with what is written in the 10 commandments...which BTW tells us God created in six days then rested on the seventh.....there is absolutely no reason to assume a day was longer...especially epochs long.
Well, when the planets are put into place to govern the day and the night, biological clocks and such are necessary. But I think you're mixing up the meaning of day. Does not scripture refer to creation week as the day of creation? Yes, it does.

Not sure, but what would that have to do with the price of tea in China.
It's possible it could have lowered it by a few yuan. :LOL:

Question. Do you think, if Adam didn't sin, and the Fall never happened could they have lived forever in Eden?

I believe so, or why would they be kicked out and the entrance guarded by an angel, so they could not eat from the tree of life and live forever?

Anyone?
Agree?
Disagree?

Well, when the planets are put into place to govern the day and the night, biological clocks and such are necessary. But I think you're mixing up the meaning of day. Does not scripture refer to creation week as the day of creation? Yes, it does.
I am not sure what you mean by this? How does it support your pov?
“This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in the likeness of God.”
(Genesis 2:4; 5:1 NKJV)

Question. Do you think, if Adam didn't sin, and the Fall never happened could they have lived forever in Eden?

I believe so, or why would they be kicked out and the entrance guarded by an angel, so they could not eat from the tree of life and live forever?

Anyone?
Agree?
Disagree?
No…because it was not ordained. Christ was the Lamb slain before Creation.
So…silly speculation.

I am not sure what you mean by this? How does it support your pov?
“This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in the likeness of God.”
(Genesis 2:4; 5:1 NKJV)
Was just saying, that scripture refers to the creation week as the "day" of creation. meaning, scripture means day as a period of time.

That's all.

No…because it was not ordained. Christ was the Lamb slain before Creation.
So…silly speculation.
Ok, thanks for your answer. So as long as they had access to the tree of life, they would have died anyway. Thanks

L
Was just saying, that scripture refers to the creation week as the "day" of creation. meaning, scripture means day as a period of time.

That's all.
gotcha…and you are correct unless other verbiage is present to make it more specific, which is what we have in Genesis. He shows us parameters in which the word day is specifically defined.

Ok, thanks for your answer. So as long as they had access to the tree of life, they would have died anyway. Thanks
No…not what I mean. They were going to sin and thus the fall. There is no other possibility.

But wasn't the tree of life that which sustained them for eternal life if they didn't sin?
@Alive I mean the simple name tree "of life" kind of gives it away.

My previous link from Genesis Park showed otherwise. Did you visit those links or sweep them under the rug?

My previous link from Genesis Park showed otherwise. Did you visit those links or sweep them under the rug?
So, your links are all correct then?

Anyone?
Agree?
Disagree?
I agree. The thought is that only God has true immortality. Other life has been given immortality but requires God to sustain that life.
The tree of life is that method for humans. As for what God uses to keep an angel alive I don't know.

Back