• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Age of the earth...Young or old?

I believe ever since Henry Morris and others with him, in 1963 formed the ICR (Believe that's what it's called) Institute of Creation Research. They overwhelmed the world into believing their way, and of course Kenn Ham joined up. These Christians made it by their influence in society and schools, that if someone thinks outside the box, they are damaging Christianity and the bible. This reminds me of dispensationalists, they believe is you dont agree, you're believing outside the faith. Total nonsense.

As I said before, many are afraid to think outside the ICR people and what they caused for fear if they do they are siding with science.

That's sad.
Umm...

The various creation research groups have definitely not "ovewhelmed the world into believing their way"! In fact, they have an uphill struggle against the constant stream of secular propaganda, in schools, colleges, universities, T.V., books, etc.. They even have an uphill struggle in the churches, because many there are ignorant, and happy to remain so, or, worse, they have swallowed the secular propaganda.

Evolution/millions of years (the two usually go together) undermine the gospel and the creation account. It's a battle to get many Christians to believe the absolute foundation of the faith that they profess, which starts with Gen. 1-11.

Honestly, I don't know what your views are, because you have not presented them (except that you believe in an "old" earth), or any evidence for them.
Brother, scripture's account of creation I believe is more than 6 literal 24-hour days. You believe it is 6 literal 24-hour days.

That's a start.

I don't see how you cant tell yet?

Well if it is in fact billions of years, then of course it came before Adam. But I say, during Adam's time in paradise (Garden of Eden) we do not know how much time had passed on the rest of planet earth outside the garden. I also believe not many people consider this, which makes it difficult to figure out at first.

And what exactly do you believe that is?

Okay
From Adam to Jesus.

Brother, scripture's account of creation I believe is more than 6 literal 24-hour days. You believe it is 6 literal 24-hour days.

That's a start.
Upon what biblical evidence do you base your view that creation took longer than the six days in the creation account?

Umm...

The various creation research groups have definitely not "ovewhelmed the world into believing their way"! In fact, they have an uphill struggle against the constant stream of secular propaganda, in schools, colleges, universities, T.V., books, etc.. They even have an uphill struggle in the churches, because many there are ignorant, and happy to remain so, or, worse, they have swallowed the secular propaganda.

Evolution/millions of years (the two usually go together) undermine the gospel and the creation account. It's a battle to get many Christians to believe the absolute foundation of the faith that they profess, which starts with Gen. 1-11.
Better look again.
And either position always comes up against secular propaganda. Most of America believes in a young earth because of them. Which eventually spread to other parts of the world, including the UK.

You may not think so but look into it. You will see.

Upon what biblical evidence do you base your view that creation took longer than the six days in the creation account?
Because it explains it as such. Obviously you dont see it that way.

Well, have to run out for about 30 mins or so. I should have more time in a bit.

In the meantime, would anyone care to tell me how, on day 6, considering a day was 24 hours; God created Adam, and spoke with him for a while I'm sure. Brought all the animals to him to name, Adam still didn't find a helper but was lonely (didn't take him long to realize and get lonely) so God put him to sleep, took a rib, and created Eve.

Please show me how it explains it as such.
@CrowCross @David1701

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Genesis 1.

So, I hope we agree so far.
The universe is created, God spoke this all into existence. By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their host. Psalm 33:6.

The Earth being a small part is formless and void and covered with water. Where does scripture say God is now? Moving/hovering over the face of the water.
Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it: Isaiah 42:5.

Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. Psalm 90:2.

So it is obvious God was there, configuring (if you will) planet Earth.

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,

10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,

11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
Job 38.

Some tend to not think about this, they just say, yep God created the earth. But there is so much more to see of God's glory in His creation if we just look. Through scripture, we can see that He stretched out the mountains, gave barriers to the sea, formed the land, etc..etc... God was working.
Could He have created Earth completely configured and in order? Yes of course. But scripture doesn't say such, in fact, it spreads out and displays His majestic work and glory.

Last edited:
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Genesis 1.

So, I hope we agree so far.
The universe is created, God spoke this all into existence. By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of his mouth all their host. Psalm 33:6.

The Earth being a small part is formless and void and covered with water. Where does scripture say God is now? Moving/hovering over the face of the water.
Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it: Isaiah 42:5.

Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. Psalm 90:2.

So it is obvious God was there, configuring (if you will) planet Earth.

4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;

7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

8 Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?

9 When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddlingband for it,

10 And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,

11 And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
Job 38.

Some tend to not think about this, they just say, yep God created the earth. But there is so much more to see of God's glory in His creation if we just look. Through scripture, we can see that He stretched out the mountains, gave barriers to the sea, formed the land, etc..etc... God was working.
Could He have created Earth completely configured and in order? Yes of course. But scripture doesn't say such, in fact, it spreads out and displays His majestic work and glory.
@Alive @David1701 @CrowCross
Could this all have taken place in one 24-hour period? I think if we look for a time period, we miss the whole point. The point is not how long it took God during creation but Hismajesty's wonderful creation which displays His glory. And even though the sun and moon are already there, they have not been adjusted and put in their places to govern the day and night. Nor was there at this time, a life that needed sunlight or a light source to govern their biological clocks.

Could this all have taken place in one 24-hour period? I think if we look for a time period, we miss the whole point. The point is not how long it took God during creation but Hismajesty's wonderful creation which displays His glory. And even though the sun and moon are already there, they have not been adjusted and put in their places to govern the day and night. Nor was there at this time, a life that needed sunlight or a light source to govern their biological clocks.
Where are the billions of years? In scripture.

@Alive @CrowCross @David1701

Now, depending on what perspective you are looking at creation does the next verse make sense.

Are you looking at this from where the Spirit of God is? Hovering over the earth, or from the heavens?
I would hop from here on earth.

Where are the billions of years? In scripture.
Ill answer that after you answer where the thousands of years come from. In scripture.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
Genesis 1.

Now if you're looking at creation from the heavens perspective, you may think God is creating the sun now. But it was already created in verse 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

If you're looking at creation from Earth. It's easy to see God still at work, allowing and calling for the light. Scripture does not let us in on all things but perhaps God is clearing up the atmosphere He also created, or allowing the sun's light to shine upon the earth.

Ill answer that after you answer where the thousands of years come from. In scripture.
The time period between Christ’s advents, but that is not relevant.
Are the billions of years before Adam?

Brother…no matter what you do here, it has to be saturated with speculation based on a chosen presupposition.

Brother…no matter what you do here, it has to be saturated with speculation based on a chosen presupposition.
You mean, "we?"

Back