• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

A walk through Ephesians 1 - 2 ?

I accept that but it needs to be said/asked a different way so as not to sound like an accusation of a different god.
Are you referring to @Mr GLee asking, "What is it about your God?"

He was responding to:
ReverendRV said:
Oh my God! 😱

He only wanted to know why @ReverendRV said that, I think.

Not to embarrass Mr. GLee, but if I'm right, English is not his first language. I'm bilingual myself, and I recognize the language patterns he uses as being from another place, and a very different way of expressing himself.

I'm more curious why Rev said, "Oh my God!". If he was remarking on what Mr GLee said —"Not the son of man will raise us up he has no power. Power comes from the Father alone."— I'm pretty sure Lee's meaning would have been more clear if he had said that Jesus did nothing in and of himself, but only by the power of the Father.

Last edited:

He was responding to:
ReverendRV said:
Oh my God! 😱

Not to embarrass Mr. GLee, but if I remember correctly, English is not his first language. I'm bilingual myself, and I recognize the language patterns he uses as being from another place.
Yes and he explained himself and I accept that he did not mean it in the way I corrected it. I have never seen him resort to comments that that could be taken as. I even knew that when I responded as I did. But it is something often stated in refuting opposition with the implication of disagreement means a different god. So I took the opportunity to point it out and to hopefully cause us to be more careful. Even if English is not the first language of any poster there is a better way of asking the question if it is not being accusatory. @ReverendRV was simply making a statement of reaction to what was posted, not a statement about God, so the question @Mr GLee was not really about the posters God but "Why do you say that?" Or "What do you mean?"

I understand the language barrier and give it lee way always when I notice it in a poster. But I feel that needed to be said. No harm, no foul.

He was responding to:
ReverendRV said:
Oh my God! 😱

Not to embarrass Mr. GLee, but if I'm right, English is not his first language. I'm bilingual myself, and I recognize the language patterns he uses as being from another place, and a very different way of expressing himself.

I'm more curious why Rev said, "Oh my God!". If he was remarking on what Mr GLee said —"Not the son of man will raise us up he has no power. Power comes from the Father alone."— I'm pretty sure Lee's meaning would have been more clear if he had said that Jesus did nothing in and of himself, but only by the power of the Father.
If he has language issues, I'm sorry. He said Jesus doesn't have the Power to Draw people...

I'll go there. I may be a little "Halloween" busy today...
Can you put that post #45 in the other thread without taking it out of this thread? I ask because in this thread you answered a question I asked in this thread.

If he has language issues, I'm sorry. He said Jesus doesn't have the Power to Draw people...
I can't speak for @Mr GLee 's theology —perhaps he really believes that for eternity the Son has only the power of the Father through which to do anything— but it sounded to me like maybe he could have been more clear if he had changed the tense of, "he has no power," to, "he had no power".

If he has language issues, I'm sorry. He said Jesus doesn't have the Power to Draw people..
I actually was trying to say Jesus the Son of man has no power living in a body of death. I did not say Jesus as the Christ the power than worked in the Son of man Jesus . . . does not have the power to draw .Christ drew his son as man Jesus .

It can become confusing when trying to rightly divide the temporal from the eternal It becomes like whosoever does the will of the father are brother and sister in Christ

God is not man . The wrath (Romans 1:25) comes to those who say God the faithful Creator who declared "let there be" and "mankind was good " God is not a dying creation

Jesus the prophet sent by the father as a apostle would seem to not be ashamed to call us brothers and sister . . whosoever hear the will of the Father and yoked with him finishes it

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

I actually was trying to say Jesus the Son of man has no power living in a body of death. I did not say Jesus as the Christ the power than worked in the Son of man Jesus . . . does not have the power to draw .Christ drew his son as man Jesus .

It can become confusing when trying to rightly divide the temporal from the eternal It becomes like whosoever does the will of the father are brother and sister in Christ

God is not man . The wrath (Romans 1:25) comes to those who say God the faithful Creator who declared "let there be" and "mankind was good " God is not a dying creation

Jesus the prophet sent by the father as a apostle would seem to not be ashamed to call us brothers and sister . . whosoever hear the will of the Father and yoked with him finishes it

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.
Sorry, I'll cut you some slack...

Things that bother me the most are folks who get Jesus wrong and the Gospel wrong. Getting Calvinism wrong? That doesn't bother me as much, unless it's from Anti Calvinists who are at war with us. Arminians, Calvinists and Provisionists are Christians...

Agree. I have a question though that I have been pondering. I get almost all the way through tracking it with scripture and something seems like it might be off or at least needs be worked through. But I can't pinpoint what exactly.

The question is, did God specifically create those who are the elect for the purpose of giving them to Christ----for Christ? That in a sense we always belonged to Christ but still had to be placed IN Him, through faith in the gospel.

I started a thread on the question in Bible questions so hopefully we can all walk through it together.

That in a sense we always belonged to Christ but still had to be placed IN Him, through faith in the gospel.
That's roughly how I've always seen it (at least since I learned about God's sovereignty in salvation).

There is a sense in which we were "in Him", even before we created, however: we were chosen "in Him" before the foundation of the world. He, as the last Adam, is the progenitor of the new humanity (the elect); so, although we are all placed "in Him" through faith, we, in a sense, came from Him as well (just as fallen humanity came from the first Adam and is in him, until or unless we are born again, repent and believe in Jesus).

Sorry, I'll cut you some slack...

Things that bother me the most are folks who get Jesus wrong and the Gospel wrong. Getting Calvinism wrong? That doesn't bother me as much, unless it's from Anti Calvinists who are at war with us. Arminians, Calvinists and Provisionists are Christians...
Thanks I will need twice.as much slack as a slower one

Seems like we have something in common .

That's roughly how I've always seen it (at least since I learned about God's sovereignty in salvation).

There is a sense in which we were "in Him", even before we created, however: we were chosen "in Him" before the foundation of the world. He, as the last Adam, is the progenitor of the new humanity (the elect); so, although we are all placed "in Him" through faith, we, in a sense, came from Him as well (just as fallen humanity came from the first Adam and is in him, until or unless we are born again, repent and believe in Jesus).
That is why----and I have seen it like this for a long time---everything about our life is serving a purpose in leading us to Christ. God has had His eye on us even in our mother's womb. We don't always see how different parts of our life were serving that purpose, and we never see all of it and perfectly. God is so multifaceted and everything working together that is impossible to apprehend but a speck of anything really.

But every detail is part of the journey and path to Christ. When we were born, where we were born, our parents, everything. I had loving and concerned parents who had a love for God though they knew of Him, but not Him, and believed some things about Him but not others, and our character was formed by what is shown as good character in the Bible. He was in a way, the center of the family, but not Christ.

I was raised as a Christian Scientist. My father came from Presbyterians, my mother Baptist! And I don't think either of them ever lost all that they had learned. There was a time, in order to protect his children from the world's influences we were isolated and kept naive. My siblings still cast blame on them. But I can find no place in my heart for any resentment of condemnation or anything but deep affection and love for them, because they are the mother and father God gave to me. The did the best that they knew how, and thought they were doing the right thing. And all of it was a necessary part of my journey towards Christ. And for my siblings too and my mother for sure, as we all were placed in Christ. I have a hope for my father because of something that happened just before he died.

Two kinds in John 6 those given the faith of Christ as a labor of His love and those that have no faith as it is written as those who look to the dying flesh.

It would depend on what some calls irresistible. If it means without the drawing power of God's living word, no man could come.

Then it rings true

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Not the son of man will raise us up he has no power. Power comes from the Father alone.
I would say the irresistible simply means that when all is said and done, you will be saved. Whatever road that takes, you are going to find yourself on it. If God draws you to Christ, you will end up there, and there is nothing you can do about it. (God controls our circumstances right?) I have learned that there is a lot more to it, but the underlying answer is that God is at the beginning of every road, and at the end. (And at the rest stop in the middle, if you want to go really deep)

Two kinds in John 6 those given the faith of Christ as a labor of His love and those that have no faith as it is written as those who look to the dying flesh.

It would depend on what some calls irresistible. If it means without the drawing power of God's living word, no man could come.

Then it rings true

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Not the son of man will raise us up he has no power. Power comes from the Father alone.
Jesus is saying that He will raise men up at the last day. It doesn't say that no man will be raised up except the Father which hath sent Me raises Him up. Jesus says that NO man comes to Jesus [to be raised up], except that the Father draws man to Jesus, and Jesus will raise him up at the last day. Why? Because Jesus is the one who is coming back to gather up His elect, those drawn to Him by the Father.

(Matthew 24) " 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His [d]elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." Notice it is He, Jesus, who is sending His angels to gather His elect."

Here Jesus comes on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Your statement on Jesus says "not the Son of man will raise us up he has no power". A direct contradiction of what Jesus Himself said.

Jesus is saying that He will raise men up at the last day. It doesn't say that no man will be raised up except the Father which hath sent Me raises Him up. Jesus says that NO man comes to Jesus [to be raised up], except that the Father draws man to Jesus, and Jesus will raise him up at the last day. Why? Because Jesus is the one who is coming back to gather up His elect, those drawn to Him by the Father.

(Matthew 24) " 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His [d]elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." Notice it is He, Jesus, who is sending His angels to gather His elect."

Here Jesus comes on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Your statement on Jesus says "not the Son of man will raise us up he has no power". A direct contradiction of what Jesus Himself said.
Not that I agree with @GLee , but when Jesus did miracles he did not do them by his own power, but by the power of "his God".

(I can't get the @whoever to pop up the name to click on. Strange.)

Not that I agree with @GLee , but when Jesus did miracles he did not do them by his own power, but by the power of "his God".

(I can't get the @whoever to pop up the name to click on. Strange.)
The power of the Holy Spirit.

Back