• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

A walk through Ephesians 1 - 2 ?

I agree completely.

Even the most LEGALISTIC Pharisee (like Saul) was at least trying - hard and badly, but trying ... I had long prior taken my seat among the SCOFFERS and placed my feet on the table. So when Christ met me on my "Road to Damascus" it came as far more of a surprise and left no room for any illusion of MERIT. Four truths came from that day:
  • People are no darn good.
  • God does not ASK, God just DOES.
  • Whatever reason God chooses us, it is NOT because we deserve it.
  • God finishes what God starts.
It turns out that someone called that the "Doctrines of Grace" long before I was born.
So you were running your own way until you looked up from the ground and saw that you ran into grace, right?

So you were running your own way until you looked up from the ground and saw that you ran into grace, right?
I was leaning back on two legs - like your mother always told you not to - and mocking those passing by as I sat with the other people going nowhere. Someone kicked the chair out from under me and I found myself laying on my back. Jesus set a foot on the overturned chair "We need to talk. Effective immediately, you belong to me. The rules are simple - I say and you do. No questions? Good, now get up and start walking. You don't belong here. You need to be somewhere else." I nodded, stood and started walking. :cool:

If this is all it takes for you to become a unitarian, perhaps you always were a unitarian.
Are you unitarian?

Thanks for the reply.
You would agree that this view postulates Paul could have chosen to not accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, thereby thwarting the will of God. The sovereignty of the free will.
I cannot understand how Arminians can think this way.

To say that one is/remains faithful because you have to actively choose to believe is an oxymoron in my opinion.
If you meet someone on a personal level, you can never choose to not have met that person. Without the power of God intervening, I personally would have stuck with my sin. Without Him working in me both to will and to work for His good pleasure, I would become nothing but legalistic in my efforts to gain/remain in His favor.
I agree completely. Well said.
I do however now see (thanks for the clarification) how there is a case for both Arminian and Calvinist thinking.
I do not see a case for Arminian thinking. I'm guessing you didn't mean it how you said it, but only that you can see how Arminians would come up with what they do. They are self-determinists.

Are you unitarian?
Simple answer... no. Direct answer... absolutely not. Inquisitive answer - What gave you the idea that I might be? (Did I say something wrong?)

Just to say, John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word [Logos], and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The only verse I need after that is John 1:14. And the Word took upon itself flesh, and dwelt with us. (I like thinking that He pitched His tent among us... it just seems to state it more clearly. He, being God, pitched His tent among His created by taking upon Himself flesh and becoming like us. God incarnate. Jesus the God man. 100% God, 100% man.

Are you unitarian?
On a serious note, could you point out if I said something that made you ask. I need to cinch up that part of my toga so it doesn't drag. (Figuratively speaking.) Thanks in advance.

I do not see a case for Arminian thinking. I'm guessing you didn't mean it how you said it, but only that you can see how Arminians would come up with what they do. They are self-determinists.
Hi

Yes absolutely. đź‘Ť

Back