• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

A couple questions for Arminians

Carbon

Courage, dear heart.
Reaction score
Faith
Reformed
Country
USA
Marital status
Married
Politics
Conservative
What is the best text to use when preaching to turn natural men into spiritual men?

But a natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Cor 2:14.

What gospel did Elizabeth preach to John to get him saved and full of the Holy Spirit while he was still in her womb?

What is the best text to use when preaching to turn natural men into spiritual men?

But a natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1 Cor 2:14.

What gospel did Elizabeth preach to John to get him saved and full of the Holy Spirit while he was still in her womb?

I'm not an Arminian and they have a hard time with the Truth as well. I will answer you though with the Truth.

How about Timothy?

2Ti 1:5 When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Faith to Faith is how the righteousness of God is revealed.

Rom 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,
Rom 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

How about Timothy?
Timothy was already saved. He was already a spiritual man by the time2 Tim. 1:5 was written. His "unfeigned faith" was that of a spiritual man, not a natural one. Th same thing applies to Paul. By the time he wrote Romans he'd be a spiritual man for close to two decades.

Back