• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Why are so few saved?

Why are so few saved?

• manā€™s stubbornness

• lazy soul winners

• Godā€™s hands-off tack a bit

• Some other reason

• I have no clue

• Not all are the elect

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's a good idea to edit a new Comment before you Post it; or if you're like me, double edit it before Posting šŸ˜
My sarcasm frequently precedes me. I best just move away from this subject in both threads,
tipping_hat_smiley.gif

Catch you elsewhere.

I would be interested in having a private debate concerning quite a few topics if anyone were to be interested, but none fall under what is listed there.
There are Three Boards there for Private Debate. Message Carbon and tell him you want a new Private Debate Board ;) I bet a Trinity Private Debate Board would be active...

There are Three Boards there for Private Debate. Message Carbon and tell him you want a new Private Debate Board ;) I bet a Trinity Private Debate Board would be active...

Lord willing I can do that later...on my way out to church right now.

Why are so few saved? Is the issue manā€™s stubbornness, lazy soul winners, or Godā€™s hands-off tack?

What Scripture are you using as your basis for saying only a few are saved?
What is the context?

I have a feeling you are using.... Matthew 7:14.

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

That's it?

What Scripture are you using as your basis for saying only a few are saved?
What is the context?

I have a feeling you are using.... Matthew 7:14.

But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

That's it?
I was just asking a common asked question. You canā€™t answer it?

I was just asking a common asked question. You canā€™t answer it?
I can answer it. But, only according to what you were motivated to say such a thing.
What Scripture?

Why can't you answer my question?

I can answer it. But, only according to what you were motivated to say such a thing.
What Scripture?

Why can't you answer my question?
For many are called, but few are chosen. Matt 22:14.
Hows that one?

For many are called, but few are chosen. Matt 22:14.
Hows that one?

Many are called..... Many are saved!

And those he predestined, he also called; those he called,
he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified."
Romans 8:30​

Romans 8:30 means many called are saved!

But not all of the many called will be chosen for something God wants to reward a believer with.
Believers while on earth must be tested and prove themselves before God, angels, and men to qualify.
Few do.

For out of the many who are saved?
Only a few will be chosen to reign with Him!

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw,
their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed
with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each personā€™s work. If what has been built survives,
the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will
be savedā€”even though only as one escaping through the flames.
1 Corinthians 3:11-15​

Who will be the chosen?

If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.

Who are all the many called, who will failed to become one of the few chosen?

If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be savedā€”
even though only as one escaping through the flames.

Like I said... it all depends on what passage one is basing your premise upon.
For it needs to be explained according to it.

grace and peace........

There are a lot of grains of sand on the seashore.
Few is a relative term.

My sarcasm frequently precedes me. I best just move away from this subject in both threads, View attachment 830

Catch you elsewhere.

It is true that Jesus the Son of man never said the exact words, ā€œI am God.ā€

God makes his living word made known in many ways other that through Jesus Son of man the apostle prophet . Like the fleece of Gideon. . wet or dry or the staff splitting the rock and out flowed the gospel . . water of the word .

On one occasion he used a Ass to represent the unredeemed mankind . Putting his living words in the mouth of that apostle/Ass. The purifying living word moved to stop the madness of Balaam the false apostle.

God is not served by the hands as a will of dying mankind in any way shape or form .

It would seem like the warning of Mathew 7. . many say they are sent. Christ calling them workers of iniquity?

Humbling the apostles , Empowering apostles. . eat a little honey. No sugar freaks LOL

Many are called?

Many are saved!

he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified." Romans 8:30​

Being called indicates people who are justified and to be glorified = saved.

But, being 'chosen'?

That is something that God grants only a few, out from the many who are saved.

Last edited:
Why are so few saved? Is the issue manā€™s stubbornness, lazy soul winners, or Godā€™s hands-off tack?
So few? After this I beheld, and lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations and kindreds and people and tongues, stood before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes and with palms in their hands.

So few? After this I beheld, and lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations and kindreds and people and tongues, stood before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes and with palms in their hands.
It truly is wonderful that there will be a lot of people in heaven. A great multitude..

But in comparison to the reprobate?

It truly is wonderful that there will be a lot of people in heaven. A great multitude..

But in comparison to the reprobate?
Two thirds of the angels went with the Lord.
Only one third refused.

You think the Lord can't do much better than appealing to only a few as you wished to present it?
To think only a select few get saved? It sadly appeals to the arrogance of some who think they are elite humans.
Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called.
Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were
influential; not many were of noble birth. " 1 Corinthians 1:26​

You somehow had reversed that passage to apply the many to being actually only a few.

:unsure:? ............. :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Look at this triumphant scene in Revelation 7 of the ā€œ144,000ā€ overcomers praising Almighty God at the end of the age. There will be a GREAT MULTITUDE of all nations, kindreds, people, and tongues that emerge from the Great Tribulation!

After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!" All the angels stood around the throne and the elders and the four living creatures, and fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying: "Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom, Thanksgiving and honor and power and might, Be to our God forever and ever. Amen." Then one of the elders answered, saying to me, "Who are these arrayed in white robes, and where did they come from?" And I said to him, "Sir, you know." So he said to me, "These are the ones who come out of the great tribulation, and washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

- Revelation 7:9-14

~Pie

Many are called?

Many are saved!

he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified." Romans 8:30​

Being called indicates people who are justified and to be glorified = saved.

But, being 'chosen'?

That is something that God grants only a few, out from the many who are saved.
They are chosen to be justified and glorified .Called salvation.

No secret groups

As many as he has given power to come they alone can . Not one more or one less

No secret groups

Yupā€¦all that stuff does is aid fear and confusion. I am seeing more of it lately.

No secret groups

To think God saved only a few? That is something Satan would want us to believe.
It makes Satan feel justified in what he chose for. (Nobody wants God)
That he was right in wanting to reject God.

Not so...
Only one third of the angels went with Satan.
The majority (many) two thirds for the Lord.

So with man?
Jesus suffered and agonized on the Cross?
To only gain a few?

How incompetent!
Then it would leave Satan laughing, and feeling justified for having rejected the Lord!

Only a few out of the many saved have been chosen to reign with Christ!
Because, these qualified with genuine faithfulness - gold, silver, and precious stones.

The ones not chosen to reign? They walked in wood, hay, and stubble. (1 Cor 3:11-15)

In Him.....

Last edited:
Only the born-again are saved, and the new birth is a sovereign decision of the Holy Spirit (Jn 3:3-5),
who is as unaccountable as the wind (Jn 3:6-8).

The sovereign decision of the Holy Spirit (Jn 3:3-8) is why so few are saved.

Back