• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Why are so few saved?

Why are so few saved?

• man’s stubbornness

• lazy soul winners

• God’s hands-off tack a bit

• Some other reason

• I have no clue

• Not all are the elect

Results are only viewable after voting.
Unless one is a Universalist, it's what we all believe. Or do you think He will save all?

Many are called. Would you agree?

Many are called. Would you agree?
I'll answer after you first answer my question...Do you think He will save all?

I'll answer after you first answer my question...Do you think He will save all?
On the Cross, what Jesus accomplished, in effect, was to fulfill all what was needed to save all.
But not all will choose to believe. Just like from a state of being perfect, Lucifer was free to reject the Lord.

Now, please answer my question.

Many are called.
Would you agree?

grace and peace ......

The gory demonstration. YUK

The gospel focus is on the unseen eternal things. Christ working in the Son of man, Jesus . The bloody demonstration in that parable of three, The second is bloody sign to the unbelieving world .

Believer have prophecy the first part of the three days and night demonstration of the lamb slain from the foundation .The six days Christ the husband did work
Have you watched the Mel Gibson movie, "Passion of the Christ"? Mel said when researching the crucifixion of Christ, he found out how gruesome it was and what he had endured. That he had to water it down for the big screen because it was way to graphic.

Have you watched the Mel Gibson movie, "Passion of the Christ"? Mel said when researching the crucifixion of Christ, he found out how gruesome it was and what he had endured. That he had to water it down for the big screen because it was way to graphic.
Way to gruesome.

Focus is on the flesh not the spirit of the matter .

On the Cross, what Jesus accomplished, in effect, was to fulfill all what was needed to save all.
But not all will choose to believe.
I have asked this question many times, yet never get an answer to my question.

Maybe I will get a response from you.

What did Jesus accomplish on the cross?

Are you saying Jesus death saves all by them believing?

Can you explain how you can believe in Jesus?

How do you actually know that Jesus is who he says he is, same with God, how do you believe in God, by what means?

How do “ you” choose to believe, how do you make that choice, ?

Way to gruesome.

Focus is on the flesh not the spirit of the matter .
The gruesomeness of the Cross revealed the spirit of the matter... of what God was dealing with concerning man.
Jesus was beaten into becoming unrecognizable as being the face of a man...

Forget those artist renditions of Jesus hanging on the Cross. It's not about reality.

Just as there were many who were appalled at him—
his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any human being
and his form marred beyond human likeness—
Isaiah 52:14​

He became an object of horror....

When we are in the will of God as a “ Born Again “ then it’s inevitable that we will suffer.

Of course we will never suffer like Jesus, he also came into the world to do the will of the Father,look how he suffered.

We are spirit children of the most high, chosen specifically for Jesus, by the Father, ..the road is extremely tough and narrow, full of pain/ heartbreak/ joy along the way....there is no other way than to be a child of God, no matter what we endure, we are being made into the image of Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit, who indwells our heart/ spirit..

Only He can bring us through all these trials and tribulations that we face, we just keep getting stronger and stronger in our faith, look to God , there is only truth in Him.

Never look to anyone else....He wants our full “attention “ focused on him and only him 100%....that took him a very long time to get me to that point....we are trained by the Spirit Of God, which will never stop while we live on this earth...we are ambassadors for Christ.

ESV Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. NIV We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.

When we are in the will of God as a “ Born Again “ then it’s inevitable that we will suffer.

Of course we will never suffer like Jesus, he also came into the world to do the will of the Father,look how he suffered.

We are spirit children of the most high, chosen specifically for Jesus, by the Father, ..the road is extremely tough and narrow, full of pain/ heartbreak/ joy along the way....there is no other way than to be a child of God, no matter what we endure, we are being made into the image of Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit, who indwells our heart/ spirit..

Only He can bring us through all these trials and tribulations that we face, we just keep getting stronger and stronger in our faith, look to God , there is only truth in Him.

Never look to anyone else....He wants our full “attention “ focused on him and only him 100%....that took him a very long time to get me to that point....we are trained by the Spirit Of God, which will never stop while we live on this earth...we are ambassadors for Christ.

ESV Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. NIV We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.
Amen.
These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

- John 16:33 (KJV)

Which means what?

How are we called?

What have you been saved from?
We, who have been called by the Holy Spirit, have been saved from death. In Christ Jesus, we have eternal life.
IMG_5750.gif

Called to suffer in a case like this one.... :coffee:
Interesting, looking at the context, 'suffering' is just not there.

We are supposed suffer because we had been born into a new life.... a FOREIGN life.

A life that requires and demands truth to properly navigate. Proven faith, to find and stay on the narrow path.
The path that leads to the more abundant life that Jesus wants all believers to have... but, as He said; only a few will find.

That requirement makes certain believers antagonistic towards those who are finding the Way.

All hypocrisy aside. Its why we see conflicts in Christian forums.

We are supposed suffer because we had been born into a new life.... a FOREIGN life.
A foreign life?

We suffer because we are Born Again and in the will of God...Gods Spirit is certainly not FOREIGN to our spirit ...what on earth are you talking about?
A life that requires and demands truth to properly navigate. Proven faith, to find and stay on the narrow path.
The path that leads to the more abundant life that Jesus wants all believers to have... but, as He said; only a few will find.
Only God chooses who are his, you don’t choose to become Born Again...impossible.
That requirement makes certain believers antagonistic towards those who are finding the Way.

All hypocrisy aside. Its why we see conflicts in Christian forums.
We are Born into God’s family, His spiritual family...

Born of the Spirit.

Spirit gives birth to spirit.

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again. '

We are spirit children of the most high...God Almighty.

Ephesians 1:4-6

King James Version

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Last edited:
A foreign life?

We suffer because we are Born Again and in the will of God...Gods Spirit is certainly not FOREIGN to our spirit ...what on earth are you talking about?
Yes.... we must make major adjustments in our thinking after we are saved.

Because God's Word tells us ..

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9
When just saved God's ways and thoughts many times will be foreign to how we used to see things.

If not?

I would suspect that who ever is teaching you is appealing to your natural way of seeing things concerning God.

It would seem you have it backwards .We were foreigners

Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

It would seem you have it backwards .We were foreigners

Ephesians 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
If it were not foreign to us .. some would not think God only saves a few.
Some would not think we can lose our salvation.
Some would not think we must tithe.
Some would not think there will be no Rapture...
Some would not think it wrong that only men can be pastors.
Some would not think God can not be a Trinity...

:sneaky: .. need I go on?

Back