• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Why are so few saved?

Why are so few saved?

• man’s stubbornness

• lazy soul winners

• God’s hands-off tack a bit

• Some other reason

• I have no clue

• Not all are the elect

Results are only viewable after voting.
Only the born-again are saved, and the new birth is a sovereign decision of the Holy Spirit (Jn 3:3-5),
who is as unaccountable as the wind (Jn 3:6-8).

The sovereign decision of the Holy Spirit (Jn 3:3-8) is why so few are saved.
Amen!

It truly is wonderful that there will be a lot of people in heaven. A great multitude..

But in comparison to the reprobate?
In comparison, it would be like comparing narrow gates and broad ways... few would find it. I've always liked saying, "The way is as narrow as the Cross is wide.

Mt 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mt 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I have long thought we will be very surprised at many of the folks we might not think are…In Christ of the Father.

God brought me here.

I am here to see how Calvinists think on this matter.

God sovereignly caused me to be here?

God brought me here.

Ha, if so, I think the reasons are different.

I have long thought we will be very surprised at many of the folks we might not think are…In Christ of the Father.
Or more likely, are not . . .

No one without saving faith in Christ is saved (Jn 3:18).

Last edited:
God brought me here.

What matter exactly?

Look here.

The following passage - 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 - tells us that believers, after salvation, can go totally off in what they are drawn to believe.
Some can even believe they can pray to Mary. Others, that they must keep their salvation by doing works. Others? That God's grace forced them to believe. Etc...

Yet?

1 Corinthians 3:11-15, tells us that even though a believer can be totally wrong, he will remain being saved from the Lake of Fire.

But, if they have an affinity for false teachings that will sit well with their natural way of thinking?

What they will lose for being faithful to the untrue?

They lose reward, but not their salvation.

For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already
laid, which is Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on this foundation
using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work
will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light.
It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of
each person’s work. If what has been built survives, the builder
will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer
loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping
through the flames. 1 Corinthians 3:11-15​

That is why God will allow stubborn believers (if they insist) to continue to refuse correction, and to believe as they want to.
For, God knows they can not lose their salvation for accepting false teaching. They can only lose blessings and rewards...

If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.
If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved
even though only as one escaping through the flames. "
grace and peace .................

What matter exactly?
The mechanics of how God saves us...

I was taught what some pastor thought Calvinists believe.

I came here to find out for myself.

Look here.

The following passage - 1 Corinthians 3:11-15 - tells us that believers, after salvation, can go totally off in what they are drawn to believe.
Actually, that passage is about works, not belief.

It's about believers' profitable works (pure Christian doctrine and living) and profitless works (weak, insipid teaching and life) for the kingdom.
Some can even believe they can pray to Mary. Others, that they must keep their salvation by doing works. Others? That God's grace forced them to believe. Etc...
Yet?
1 Corinthians 3:11-15, tells us that even though a believer can be totally wrong, he will remain being saved from the Lake of Fire.
But, if they have an affinity for false teachings that will sit well with their natural way of thinking?
What they will lose for being faithful to the untrue?
They lose reward, but not their salvation.
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already
laid, which is Jesus Christ. If anyone builds on this foundation
using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work
will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light.
It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of
each person’s work. If what has been built survives, the builder
will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer
loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping
through the flames. 1 Corinthians 3:11-15​

That is why God will allow stubborn believers (if they insist) to continue to refuse correction, and to believe as they want to.
For, God knows they can not lose their salvation for accepting false teaching. They can only lose blessings and rewards...

If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward.
If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved
even though only as one escaping through the flames. "
grace and peace .................

The mechanics of how God saves us...

I was taught what some pastor thought Calvinists believe.

I came here to find out for myself.
I didn't realize Calvinists had a 'unified belief system'.

I didn't realize Calvinists had a 'unified belief system'.

Man's depravity probably makes sure of that.

It appears that no Calvinist, when asked, is able to define "irresistible grace".. with a consistent answer.

I know how it sounds to me... but they always seem to deny what I think it means, while not being able to say what it means.

To think God saved only a few? That is something Satan would want us to believe.
It makes Satan feel justified in what he chose for. (Nobody wants God)
That he was right in wanting to reject God.

Not so...
Only one third of the angels went with Satan.
The majority (many) two thirds for the Lord.

So with man?
Jesus suffered and agonized on the Cross?
To only gain a few?

How incompetent!
Then it would leave Satan laughing, and feeling justified for having rejected the Lord!

Only a few out of the many saved have been chosen to reign with Christ!
Because, these qualified with genuine faithfulness - gold, silver, and precious stones.

The ones not chosen to reign? They walked in wood, hay, and stubble. (1 Cor 3:11-15)

In Him.....

I would offer.

Two represents God not seen..... has spoken

Three denotes the end of a matter.

One third fewer than two thirds

Five, fifty. . . redemption

Two thirds .666 would represent the unredeemed . One third green things believers.

A few examples

2 Kings 1:12-14King James Version12 And Elijah answered and said unto them, If I be a man of God, let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty. And the fire of God came down from heaven, and consumed him and his fifty.And he sent again a captain of the third fifty with his fifty. And the third captain of fifty went up, and came and fell on his knees before Elijah, and besought him, and said unto him, O man of God, I pray thee, let my life, and the life of these fifty thy servants, be precious in thy sight.Behold, there came fire down from heaven, and burnt up the two captains of the former fifties with their fifties: therefore let my life now be precious in thy sight.

Zechariah 13:88 And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God.

Revelation 8:6-8King James VersionAnd the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound. The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up. And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born

Two thirds 666 using gold as the full measure of faith the unseen riches . A parable of salvation

1 Kings 10:13-15Amplified Bible, Classic Edition King Solomon gave to the queen of Sheba all she wanted, whatever she asked, besides his gifts to her from his royal bounty. So she returned to her own country, she and her servants. Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one [particular] year was 666 talents of gold,

2 Chronicles 9:12-13Amplified Bible, Classic Edition And King Solomon gave to the queen of Sheba all her desire, whatever she asked, besides what she had brought to the king. So she with her servants returned to her own land.
Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was 666 talents,

c

I think of it as why are so many saved? The fact that even one man - who drinks iniquity like water - is saved reveals to us the unfathomable depths of God's incredible mercy.
Precisely right! And he came knowing what he would have to endure for ungodly sinners! To describe in brief what Jesus went through physically all we need is to look at the verses and at the accounts of the crucifixion in the pages of the Gospels to find that he was scourged (beaten mercilessly with a Roman whip that had pieces of bones at the end of it to rip flesh off his body; which a lot was ripped off of him); a crown of thorns place upon his head; spit upon while being publicly mocked; he was forced to carry his own cross after being scourged; he was nailed to the cross and hung upon it for 6 hours in unimaginable anguish.

Precisely right! And he came knowing what he would have to endure for ungodly sinners! To describe in brief what Jesus went through physically all we need is to look at the verses and at the accounts of the crucifixion in the pages of the Gospels to find that he was scourged (beaten mercilessly with a Roman whip that had pieces of bones at the end of it to rip flesh off his body; which a lot was ripped off of him); a crown of thorns place upon his head; spit upon while being publicly mocked; he was forced to carry his own cross after being scourged; he was nailed to the cross and hung upon it for 6 hours in unimaginable anguish.

Indescribable pain and also what unfathomable love.

Bless His holy Name.

Man's depravity probably makes sure of that.

It appears that no Calvinist, when asked, is able to define "irresistible grace".. with a consistent answer.

I know how it sounds to me... but they always seem to deny what I think it means, while not being able to say what it means.
Irresistible grace ("Irresistable" was used because it begins with an "I,") is simply that
God gives the heart to prefer it (saving faith, etc.) and, therefore, the heart freely chooses it because it prefers it over the other choices.

Why are so few saved?​

Because there were no banks near by...

The gory demonstration. YUK

The gospel focus is on the unseen eternal things. Christ working in the Son of man, Jesus . The bloody demonstration in that parable of three, The second is bloody sign to the unbelieving world .

Believer have prophecy the first part of the three days and night demonstration of the lamb slain from the foundation .The six days Christ the husband did work

To think God saved only a few? That is something Satan would want us to believe.
Unless one is a Universalist, it's what we all believe. Or do you think He will save all?

Back