• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The worship of Jesus until January 1, 1954

John 5:41--Jesus accepts no glory from men.) All glory directed to the Father-

The same Greek word for 'glory' in John 5:41 is used just a few verses later in John 5:44. The Lord Jesus was not seeking their glory/praise in the way they did amongst themselves. He did so always in honor of the Father, they didn't.
In terms of you not giving 'glory' to the Lord Jesus, that is your loss because the Bible teaches this is properly done unto Him (2 Timothy 4:18; 2 Peter 3:18; Revelation 1:6).

And the darkness is never in agreement when truths are shown. 2 Timothy said it would be like that here in these last days.
There is no truth shown apart from demonstration from Scripture, which you fail to provide.

The same Greek word for 'glory' in John 5:41 is used just a few verses later in John 5:44. The Lord Jesus was not seeking their glory/praise in the way they did amongst themselves. He did so always in honor of the Father, they didn't.
In terms of you not giving 'glory' to the Lord Jesus, that is your loss because the Bible teaches this is properly done unto Him (2 Timothy 4:18; 2 Peter 3:18; Revelation 1:6).
The bible doesnt contradict itself. twisting it does. Trinity translations have many contradictions.

Matt 24:45--God reveals what he wants known --at the proper time.
So you are saying God might yet reveal something that is different from what he has revealed thus far?

Doug

Ps 2 and 110 are the most quoted by the apostles about what defines the Christ event. He was Lord. And compare Heb 1 on "God, my God, ..."

Matt 24:45--God reveals what he wants known --at the proper time.
Mat 24:45 Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ 49and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards.50The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

1) This has nothing to do with “God reveals what he wants known—at the proper time.” Verse 45 is a question, not a propositional statement!

2) Nothing in the verses that follow verse 45 says anything close to “God reveals what he wants known—at the proper time.”

3) The long and short of the answer to the question in verse 45, is the servant that is doing what he is told to do when the master returns! Basically, Jesus’s thought is that those who are not doing what they are supposed to do when he returns, they are hypocrites and will suffer the eternal fate of all liars (for that is what a hypocrite is), an eternity in hell!

Doug

Mat 24:45 Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? 46It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. 47Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions. 48But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ 49and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards.50The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. 51He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

1) This has nothing to do with “God reveals what he wants known—at the proper time.” Verse 45 is a question, not a propositional statement!

2) Nothing in the verses that follow verse 45 says anything close to “God reveals what he wants known—at the proper time.”

3) The long and short of the answer to the question in verse 45, is the servant that is doing what he is told to do when the master returns! Basically, Jesus’s thought is that those who are not doing what they are supposed to do when he returns, they are hypocrites and will suffer the eternal fate of all liars (for that is what a hypocrite is), an eternity in hell!

Doug
Food at the proper time= spiritual food.

Food at the proper time= spiritual food.
That’s not the point of the parable. You are reading into the parable something that isn’t relevant to the point!

Doug

The bible is finished. Certain truths were hidden until these last days( Dan 12:4) and at the proper time( Matt 24:45) they get revealed.

Which ones have been revealed already?

List the top three.
A horn = a kingdom--- Thus a 7 headed beast with 10 horns( a place where kingdoms gather)
The prophecy of Dan 4 -2520 days--but the removal of the king in Jerusalem later much longer, proving a day for a year applys-Thus 607 bce + 2520 years= 1914-when Gods kingdom is established in heaven=Rev 6:1,2) Rev 6:4-Peace will be taken from the earth, proof 1914 is correct.
The statue with feet of clay-- the final world power( 2 horned beast) 2 kingdoms working together)--powerful, yet feet of clay= thus the inhabitants protesting and the such, a divided country by govt parties as well.

1914 is correct.

I do like how in 1914 Romans 10:12 was cited in reference to prayer when a number of years earlier it was taught the "Lord" in this passage refers to Jesus.

I doubt if that 1914 teaching is still believed.

Watch Tower Reprints: "When prayer delights thee least, Then learn to say, Now is the greatest need That I should pray." --See Romans 10:12. (Thanksgiving With Prayer and Supplication, January 1, 1914, Vol. 35, No. 1, page 5382)

Watch Tower Reprints: "There is no difference between the Jew and the Greek, for the same Lord over all, is rich unto all that call upon him." Rom. 10:12. Here, as Joseph, Christ is the bountiful Breadgiver. (The Lordship of Christ, December 1879, Vol. 1, No. 6, page 61)

I do like how in 1914 Romans 10:12 was cited in reference to prayer when a number of years earlier it was taught the "Lord" in this passage refers to Jesus.

I doubt if that 1914 teaching is still believed.

Watch Tower Reprints: "When prayer delights thee least, Then learn to say, Now is the greatest need That I should pray." --See Romans 10:12. (Thanksgiving With Prayer and Supplication, January 1, 1914, Vol. 35, No. 1, page 5382)

Watch Tower Reprints: "There is no difference between the Jew and the Greek, for the same Lord over all, is rich unto all that call upon him." Rom. 10:12. Here, as Joseph, Christ is the bountiful Breadgiver. (The Lordship of Christ, December 1879, Vol. 1, No. 6, page 61)

Back