• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Saving results of the Death of Christ !

Taken from Hebrews, a "book" written of the Jews, by the Jews, and for the Jews.
Why does that sound familiar? Maybe Lincoln was Hebrew?
Yes iit was written to jews who belonged to the body of Christ, the house of God, it wasnt written to jews in general, only those who partook of the heavenly calling Heb 3:1

Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

So that excludes the nation in general, most of them were reprobates.

The house of God in Heb 10:21

And having an high priest over the house of God;

Is the same in 1 Pet 4 17

For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

This house of God is the church 1 Tim 3 15

But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Yes iit was written to jews who belonged to the body of Christ, the house of God, it wasnt written to jews in general, only those who partook of the heavenly calling Heb 3:1
That's not how the Old Testament Scripture and Saul said.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom. 11:26–27.

They are saved by covenant. Everyone in covenant which is why Saul and the OT said, "ALL ISRAEL shall be saved."
No "accept Jesus or the animal sacrifice into your heart," no, "confess with your mouth and believe in your heart" formulas for salvation. It's as the Scripture says also, "IT IS THE LORD'S DOING and it is marvelous in our sight."

And Israel was called from heaven before the foundation (creation) of the world.
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
Holy brethren are the Hebrews as this was written to and for the Hebrews in the "book" of Hebrews.
So that excludes the nation in general, most of them were reprobates.
All have sinned and fall short with no distinction.
But salvation is of the Lord and salvation is of the Jews.
One big happy, covenant family.
The house of God in Heb 10:21
That would be both houses - Israel and Judah - God does that also in the Jeremiah prophecy because at the time both were divided kingdoms, and He surely could not just say "Israel" or Judah would take issue. God knows what He's doing.
And saying.
And having an high priest over the house of God;
That would be Jesus Christ, who as High Priest did two things: pray for the people of God in covenant (Jn. 17), and offer sacrifices for the people of God in covenant (Jn. 19.) But He doesn't pray for the world which leaves the world of non-Hebrews without a prayer (Jn. 17:9.)
If Christ was sacrificing Himself for the non-Hebrew world the time to pray for the world would be right here in John 17. But He doesn't because the non-Hebrew world have no covenant with God or His Christ.
Is the same in 1 Pet 4 17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
Can't be judged for unatoned sin because Christ died for those under the Law, and it was already past. "It is finished!"
This house of God is the church 1 Tim 3 15
And the Church is the great congregation in the desert at the time of the Tabernacle. The children of Israel WERE "called out" of Egypt by God, thus completing the identity of the Church Christ built - Jews, beginning at Pentecost in which three thousand Jews were born again, and thousands more the next day for the next four decades.
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
Israel is the possessors of the oracle of God (Truth.)

That's not how the Old Testament Scripture and Saul said.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom. 11:26–27.

They are saved by covenant. Everyone in covenant which is why Saul and the OT said, "ALL ISRAEL shall be saved."
No "accept Jesus or the animal sacrifice into your heart," no, "confess with your mouth and believe in your heart" formulas for salvation. It's as the Scripture says also, "IT IS THE LORD'S DOING and it is marvelous in our sight."

And Israel was called from heaven before the foundation (creation) of the world.

Holy brethren are the Hebrews as this was written to and for the Hebrews in the "book" of Hebrews.

All have sinned and fall short with no distinction.
But salvation is of the Lord and salvation is of the Jews.
One big happy, covenant family.

That would be both houses - Israel and Judah - God does that also in the Jeremiah prophecy because at the time both were divided kingdoms, and He surely could not just say "Israel" or Judah would take issue. God knows what He's doing.
And saying.

That would be Jesus Christ, who as High Priest did two things: pray for the people of God in covenant (Jn. 17), and offer sacrifices for the people of God in covenant (Jn. 19.) But He doesn't pray for the world which leaves the world of non-Hebrews without a prayer (Jn. 17:9.)
If Christ was sacrificing Himself for the non-Hebrew world the time to pray for the world would be right here in John 17. But He doesn't because the non-Hebrew world have no covenant with God or His Christ.

Can't be judged for unatoned sin because Christ died for those under the Law, and it was already past. "It is finished!"

And the Church is the great congregation in the desert at the time of the Tabernacle. The children of Israel WERE "called out" of Egypt by God, thus completing the identity of the Church Christ built - Jews, beginning at Pentecost in which three thousand Jews were born again, and thousands more the next day for the next four decades.

Israel is the possessors of the oracle of God (Truth.)
Your problem is God hasnt revealed to you the Mystery, that the Body of Christ, the Church is Israel that He promised to save Isa 45:17
17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

Your problem is God hasnt revealed to you the Mystery, that the Body of Christ, the Church is Israel that He promised to save Isa 45:17
17 But Israel shall be saved in the Lord with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.
Does this apply?

4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,
5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. Gal. 4:4–5.

I mean, the animal sacrifices under the Mosaic Covenant atoned for the sins of Israel yearly and the high priest did not go to the Gentiles and offer sacrifices for them, right?

Those for whom Christ died, are ensured of Salvation because He liveth to make intercession for them.

Rom 8:32-34

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

Nothing in this chain events has anything to do with what the sinner did.

Those who Christ died for are automatically beneficiaries of His Intercession for them

Isa 53:12

12 Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

If you notice He made intercession for not believers, but transgressors. and why? Because for them He poured out his soul unto death.

The word transgressors mean: to rebel, transgress, revolt

Heb 7:25

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

So those He died for, He lives evermore, makes intercession for them, which ensures them being saved to the uttermost.

Therefore, all for whom Christ died, and rose again in behalf of, He intercedes for them, ensuring their conversion.25

Christs Intercession and Advocacy are efficacious benefits for any and all for whom Christ died 1 Jn 2:1-2

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Being a propitiation for our sins is another way of saying He died for us, so He lives to be our Intercessor and Advocate/paraklētos.

1. one who pleads another's cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant, an advocate
  2. one who pleads another's cause with one, an intercessor
    1. of Christ in his exaltation at God's right hand, pleading with God the Father for the pardon of our sins

He can successfully plea on behalf of those He died for, because the sins they are committing He has satisfied Gods Justice for

The Death of Christ is a Saving death, it produces a seed that shall serve Him Isa 53:10

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Ps 22:30-31

30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

This seed serving Him is the result of God making His soul an offering for sin.

It coincides with the Lords words in John 12:24

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

The word fruit here means:

1. the fruit of one's loins, i.e. his progeny, his posterity

The word seed in Isa 53:10 means:

1. offspring, descendants, posterity, children

To bring us to God !

Did Christs death accomplish its saving purpose ? Which was to bring Gods elect to God 1 Pet 3:18

For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

Did His being put to death enough to bring about the desired effects, to bring People to God. The word bring prosagō:

to lead, to bring
  1. to open a way of access, for one to God
    1. to render one acceptable to God
  2. to bring) one to God, i. e. to render one acceptable to God and assured of his grace (a figure borrowed from those who secure for one the privilege of an interview with the sovereign),

to draw near to, approach

Its just like Ps 65:4

Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts: we shall be satisfied with the goodness of thy house, even of thy holy temple.

That blessed man is someone Christ died for. 25

The religion of man doesn't believe that the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 or His Church Eph 5:25, or His People Matt 1:21.
No sinner is saved, because they believe Jesus Christ died on a cross at the hand of sinners.

No sinner is saved by wickedly killing the Son of God on a cross, and still killing Him afresh to themselves today without repentance.

Act 2:23
Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

The religions of the world, especially the religion of sinners naming Christ, don't believe that the death of Christ condemns all men as unbelievers and sinners.

Like here, some even say they are saved from their own death because of it.

Christ died because all men have sinned. It's sinful man that rejected and killed Him, proving no sinner is worthy of Christ.

All men that sinned are condemned as crucifiers of the Son of God. Including those without repentance still crucify Him afresh to themselves.

The religion of man doesn't believe that the death of Christ alone results in the Eternal Salvation of all for whom Christ died, namely His Sheep Jn 10:11,15 or His Church Eph 5:25, or His People Matt 1:21.
First we see a doctrine that sinners are saved, because Christ died at the hands of sinners. Now we see a promise that all sinners are saved, when all sinners are judged guilty of His death.

Christ died because of all sinners, and rose again for all sinners to repent. He is the Advocate and propitiation for the sins of the whole world.

If His death at the hands of sinners saves any sinner, then all sinners are now saved.

All sinners are now condemned, and if any sinful enemy doesn't repent to unconditionally surrender to the risen victorious Lord, then they will perish in their continued enmity against Him.

His death for His people produces saving results Jn 12:32-33 23,24
1 Peter
{1:3} Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

By His resurrection, not His death, that justifies them that repent for His sake.

The unrepented still crucifiying Him to themselves, are still guilty of His death.

32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. 33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.
Jesus draws all men to repentance by His death, that condemns all men as unbelievers and sinners for killing Him.

23 And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. 24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.
The good fruit produced in other men, is their repentance from dead works for Jesus' sake, that they might become righteous and holy fruits of the Spirit.

Jesus Christ did not lay His life down by a cross, according to the Father's will, so that unrgitheosu transgressors can call themselves saved without repentance.

That kind of gospel is not only bloodless, but gutless and self-serving.

Mar 8:34
And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.

Col 3:5
Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

The only cross that saves sinners by Jesus' resurrection, is the one we take up for His sake to crucify our own sinful living.

He was killed, because all men have sinned. He rose again to save and justify any man, that kills his old sins for His sake.

Disobedient sinners are still children of disobedience with wrath of God on them, especially those naming His name.

Rom 2:3
And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

Rom 2:5
But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

2Ti 2:19
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

The death of Christ saved them He died for, since by it [His death] He for them obtained eternal redemption Heb 9:12

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

This redmption means:

1. a ransoming, redemption
  2. deliverance, esp. from the penalty of sin

He has obtained for them the deliverance from the penalty of their sins, which penalty was death, even eternal death, so they must have instead eternal life Rom 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Eternal life and eternal redemption are relatively the same ! 26

I mean, the animal sacrifices under the Mosaic Covenant atoned for the sins of Israel yearly and the high priest did not go to the Gentiles and offer sacrifices for them, right?
I would offer..

Shadows have no power to atone anything . Aarons two sons learned the hard way the shadow of strange fire Consumed them .Not a hint of smoke on the priestly attire.

Ceremonial laws are shadow .

The Spirit of Christ as a representation of the gospel uses animals and other forms of life, fish, plants, birds .

Some are used to represent the redeemed (clean animal, believers ) other show those not redeemed (not cleansed, unbelievers)

The parable below

Exodus 34:2 But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.

The ceremonial law working in action .The unredeemed (Ass) sent as a apostle with prophecy the living word .It worked and stopped the madness of the false prophet Balaam

Numbers 22:28
And the Lord opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?

I believe God is not served by the dying hand of mankind as if he needed help from the clay. He has no needs satisfices all good needs . The "let there be" kind. .

In 1 Peter 1 it reveals the results of using cereinioal shadows as a sign to the unbelieving world not to themselves They testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow the cross. we look back to that same glory they looked ahead the same spirit of faith as it is written

1 Peter 1; 8-11_ Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your (new born again) faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow

Christ' labor of love as a work of his faithfulness . Follow his Holy Spirit the invisible head, Christ. Like put on the whole armor and keep it on as long as possible

Christ came to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

This coincides with 1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Now He does this[save sinners] by His Death, hence we read by His death for sinners He eternally redeemed them Heb 9:12

neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

Rev 5:9

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain[death], and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

By it He Justified those He died for, shed His Blood for Rom 5:8-9

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

By it He sanctified us and perfected us Heb 10:10,14

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12 but this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13 from henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

By it He reconciled them He died for unto God and ensured they shall be saved by His Life Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

All this is the fruit of His saving death!

Abolished Death

Christs Death is saving because by His Death alone, and His Resurrection is proof, He abolished death for them He died for, which is brought to light by the Gospel.

2 Tim 1:9-10

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Christs death was the death of death. The word abolished is the word katargeō which means:

to render idle, unemployed, inactivate, inoperative

1. to cause a person or thing to have no further efficiency
    2. to deprive of force, influence, power
  1. to cause to cease, put an end to, do away with, annul, abolish
    1. to cease, to pass away, be done away
    2. to be severed from, separated from, discharged from, loosed from any one
    3. to terminate all intercourse with one

Its an aorist tense verb denoting its a done accomplishment,

Hence The Saviour Christ by His Death alone has abolished death, causes it to be inoperative, deprives of its influence and efficiency, discharges and looses from death every sinner He died for, ensuring and causing their subsequent regeneration from spiritual death, and if they have physically died, will raise them from physical death unto Glory.

This is one of the many results of the Saving death of Christ. Its impossible therefore for any sinner Christ died for, not to be regenerated as an evidence of His death abolishing death, and resurrection. Thats why Peter writes 1 Pet 1:3

.3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

They were begotten again, or regenerated unto a living hope by Christs resurrection from the dead because for them His death abolished death !

Shall be in the likeness of His Resurrection !

Rom 6:5

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

What Paul is in essence stating here, if we have been planted together in the likeness of His [Jesus Christ] death, we in like manner shall be raised together in like fashion, that is if He died for us, we in union with Him have also died, we will most certainly with Him partake of His Resurrection, by being born again. Peter says that here 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Paul is stating, that if Christ died for us, we shall be born again as proof, because He was raised again for our Justification Rom 4:25

25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

So therefore, one of the benefits of His death for us, is to partake of His resurrection for us, which will cause us to be born again and live for God. 26

Back