• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The reason Jesus was killed and Israel didn’t recognize Him.

Marty

Sophomore
Reaction score
The reason that Jesus was rejected and killed by the Jews wasn’t because He claimed to be the messiah many Jews claimed to be the messiah until it was proven that they weren’t, it wasn’t blasphemy to claim to be the messiah.

The reason Jesus was killed was because He claimed to be God as shown in Matthew 26

62 Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 63 But Jesus remained silent.

The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”[e]

65 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66 What do you think?”

“He is worthy of death,” they answered.

Jesus claimed to be the one from Daniel 7 the son of man

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The Pharisees knew this that’s why they shouted blasphemy.

This is the same reason that the Jews didn’t recognize Jesus because they didn’t know that their messiah was also their God they didn’t know that their God was sent to save them from their sins. They were concerned about being saved physically from the Romans and not spiritually from their sins.

If the Jews would of understood that their God was going to save them from their sins and not physically from the Romans then they wouldn’t of been looking for an earthly kingdom and they wouldn’t of rejected and killed Him.

If we Christians today know this why do so many of us look to a future earthly kingdom? There is no purpose for it

If we Christians today know this why do so many of us look to a future earthly kingdom? There is no purpose for it
The future earthly kingdom is part of the "great hope".

The reason that Jesus was rejected and killed by the Jews wasn’t because He claimed to be the messiah many Jews claimed to be the messiah until it was proven that they weren’t, it wasn’t blasphemy to claim to be the messiah.

The reason Jesus was killed was because He claimed to be God as shown in Matthew 26
I would offer,

It is blasphemy, The abomination of desolation. . dying mankind in the place of our unseen eternal God, our one good teaching master .

On one occasion one bowed in worship of the flesh of Son of man, Jesus . Jesus refused to blaspheme the name of the Holy Father, the one good teaching master . His living word that works in those yoked with Him is the one living mediator. The one good teaching master.

I do not think God will share his eternal glory with dying mankind. The church is a reflection of His glory never the source (blasphemy) He must increase as we decrease.

Mark 10:16-18King James Version17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

Kings in Israel the abomination of desolation. Remember not all Israel is born again Christians and a Jew is not one outwardly according to the flesh but inward born of God.Christian the new name the Father promised in Isiah 62 to re name the bride previously calling her born agin Israel Christin o a more befitting name to name the bride of all nations as a denomyn. people know by location Chrsitn litery measning residents of the unseen city of Christ prepared for his wife the church named after the founder, Christ the husband
'
The first century reformation came and restored the government of Faith (the unseen things of God .

As a living sacrifice Jesus the son of man suffered the pangs of hell .By his wounds we are healed God cannot die.and does not except dead sacrifice

62 Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, “Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?” 63 But Jesus remained silent.

The high priest said to him, “I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

64 “You have said so,” Jesus replied. “But I say to all of you: From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”[e]

65 Then the high priest tore his clothes and said, “He has spoken blasphemy! Why do we need any more witnesses? Look, now you have heard the blasphemy. 66 What do you think?”

“He is worthy of death,” they answered.

Jesus claimed to be the one from Daniel 7 the son of man

13 “In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man,[a] coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14 He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all nations and peoples of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.

The Pharisees knew this that’s why they shouted blasphemy.

This is the same reason that the Jews didn’t recognize Jesus because they didn’t know that their messiah was also their God they didn’t know that their God was sent to save them from their sins. They were concerned about being saved physically from the Romans and not spiritually from their sins.

If the Jews would of understood that their God was going to save them from their sins and not physically from the Romans then they wouldn’t of been looking for an earthly kingdom and they wouldn’t of rejected and killed Him.

Right, see Jn 12:34. He said that to believe that (a kingdom like the past) was to be in the darkness, not the light.

Back