• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

The Lord Jesus affirmed that He is the proper recipient of prayer

Do you understand what "Immanuel" means?
Do you understand that Immanuel means God was with Jesus therefore God is also with us? Jesus isn't the God here.

Acts 10
37You yourselves know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee with the baptism that John proclaimed: 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him.

Do you understand that Immanuel means God was with Jesus therefore God is also with us? Jesus isn't the God here.

Acts 10
37You yourselves know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee with the baptism that John proclaimed: 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him.
No, actually, it doesn't mean that. It means "God with us."

You have been told before this, but apparently ignore it, that Jesus was 100% man and 100% God, who put aside his power as himself God to live here as we should, by the power of his God. I wouldn't be surprised if you know one or two of the passages that mention it.

No, actually, it doesn't mean that. It means "God with us."

You have been told before this, but apparently ignore it, that Jesus was 100% man and 100% God, who put aside his power as himself God to live here as we should, by the power of his God. I wouldn't be surprised if you know one or two of the passages that mention it.
Jesus was with the people and God was with them. That's how God is with "us." Acts 10:38 says God was with Jesus. That's sola scriptura. Do you also deny God was with Jesus?

Jesus was with the people and God was with them. That's how God is with "us." Acts 10:38 says God was with Jesus. That's sola scriptura. Do you also deny God was with Jesus?
Oh for crying out loud! Are you even serious???! The fact that God was with Jesus does not defeat the notion that 'God with us' refers to Jesus —God coming in the flesh. I'll say it again: That "God with us" refers to God coming in the flesh on earth to live as a man, does not imply that God was not with Jesus.

What kind of logic, or method of arguing, is that? Do you intend to cause me to shrink away by your vehemence —your huffing and puffing?

Oh for crying out loud! Are you even serious???! The fact that God was with Jesus does not defeat the notion that 'God with us' refers to Jesus —God coming in the flesh. I'll say it again: That "God with us" refers to God coming in the flesh on earth to live as a man, does not imply that God was not with Jesus.

What kind of logic, or method of arguing, is that? Do you intend to cause me to shrink away by your vehemence —your huffing and puffing?
So where was God before Jesus got there?

So where was God before Jesus got there?
Before Jesus got where? God in three persons has always 'been there'. What is your point? Get to it man! Don't keep messing around. Do you intend to show the rationality of how a mere human can pay for the sins of many? Yes or no?

Last edited:
Before Jesus got where? God in three persons has always 'been there'. What is your point? Get to it man! Don't keep messing around.
So God was with us before Jesus got there then Immanuel meaning "God with us" doesn't mean Jesus is the God with us. That would mean that Jesus is also one of us and God was not only with him, but us well. Acts 10:38. It means Jesus isn't God.

Do you intend to show the rationality of how a mere human can pay for the sins of many? Yes or no?

Why do I need to show you or explain? Isn't scripture enough for you?

1 Peter 2
24He Himself bore our sins
in His body on the tree,

so that we might die to sin
and live to righteousness.
“By His stripes you are healed.”

So God was with us before Jesus got there then Immanuel meaning "God with us" doesn't mean Jesus is the God with us. That would mean that Jesus is also one of us and God was not only with him, but us well. Acts 10:38. It means Jesus isn't God.
That's certainly not how the Jews took the prophecy. That is your construction. Not only that, but you apply logistics to spiritual immanence, which is worse than risky at best.
Why do I need to show you or explain? Isn't scripture enough for you?

1 Peter 2
24He Himself bore our sins
in His body on the tree,

so that we might die to sin
and live to righteousness.
“By His stripes you are healed.”
There you go again. How much scripture have you been shown, that apparently isn't enough for you? Can you show me how the passage you quote means that Christ was not God?

That's certainly not how the Jews took the prophecy. That is your construction. Not only that, but you apply logistics to spiritual immanence, which is worse than risky at best.
Jesus and his followers were practicing, ethic, Jews. How did the Jews not not take name "God with us" to not mean that God was with Jesus and the rest of them? They would have read Isaiah 7:15 and saw what Isaiah said about Immanuel, "By the time He knows enough to reject evil and choose good..." and immediately known this isn't about God. That's the human Messiah. Jews, even to this day, are rightly staunch Unitarians. None of them believed Jesus is God, not even Jesus himself.

There you go again. How much scripture have you been shown, that apparently isn't enough for you? Can you show me how the passage you quote means that Christ was not God?
2 Cor 5
21God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.

Jesus and his followers were practicing, ethic, Jews. How did the Jews not not take name "God with us" to not mean that God was with Jesus and the rest of them? They would have read Isaiah 7:15 and saw what Isaiah said about Immanuel, "By the time He knows enough to reject evil and choose good..." and immediately known this isn't about God. That's the human Messiah. Jews, even to this day, are rightly staunch Unitarians. None of them believed Jesus is God, not even Jesus himself.
Do I hear you saying that the Messiah, Immanuel, was not crucified under the charge of blasphemy for claiming to be God?
2 Cor 5
21God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.
And this is how a mere man can live without sin, and take our sin in our place? Neither one are possible in a mere man.

Do I hear you saying that the Messiah, Immanuel, was not crucified under the charge of blasphemy for claiming to be God?
You're changing subjects a lot. His charges weren't that he claimed to be God and even if they were I wouldn't use the enemies of Jesus as your source of truth.

And this is how a mere man can live without sin, and take our sin in our place? Neither one are possible in a mere man.
The Bible teaches Christians, mere men, to go and sin no more. Jesus simply did it perfectly, but he is the example for what is possible for a man partaking of the divine nature of God.

1. Mark 14:62
2. John 5:23
3. John 14:14
4. Matthew 9:38 (cf. Luke 10:2)
5. Matthew 11:28-30

Matthew 11:28-30
(28) Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
(29) Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
(30) For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Rest in Jesus (YHWH).
Matthew 11:28
I will give you rest.
Psalm 37:7
Rest in the LORD.

Finding rest in the Lord (YHWH) for your souls involves praying to the Lord since it is contrasted with walking after idols (i.e., praying to idols). The believer should pray to the Lord and not pray to idols.
Matthew 11:29
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Jeremiah 6:16
Thus says the LORD,
Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths,
Where the good way is, and walk in it;
And you will find rest for your souls.
But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’
Jeremiah 7:6
if you do not oppress the alien, the orphan, or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place, nor walk after other gods to your own ruin.

To be under the yoke of idols would involve praying to idols.
Jeremiah 2:20
For long ago I broke your yoke and tore off your bonds, but you said, ‘I will not serve!’
For on every high hill and under every green tree You have lain down as a harlot.

To be under the yoke of the Lord involves praying to the Lord.
Take My yoke upon you.
Zephaniah 3:9-10
(9) For then I will give to the peoples purified lips,
That all of them may call on the name of the LORD,
To serve Him shoulder to shoulder (under one yoke - ὑπὸ ζυγὸν ἕνα)
(10) From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia
My worshipers, My dispersed ones,
Will bring My offerings.

The Septuagint for serving YHWH "shoulder to shoulder" in English means "under one yoke" (ὑπὸ ζυγὸν ἕνα). This accurately describes those who pray to YHWH for they are His worshipers (v. 10). By taking upon "the yoke" of the Lord Jesus demonstrates He is the proper recipient of prayer. Indeed, calling on the Lord (YHWH) in prayer with purified lips in Zephaniah 3:9 corresponds with calling on the Lord Jesus (YHWH) in prayer with a purified heart in 2 Timothy 2:22.

Zephaniah 3:9
For then I will give to the peoples purified lips,
That all of them may call on the name of the Lord.
2 Timothy 2:22
call on the Lord from a pure heart.

Matthew 11:30
My burden is light.
Psalm 38:4
For my iniquities are gone over my head;
As a heavy burden they weigh too much for me.

When a person realizes his/her iniquities have gone over their head and this heavy burden is too much for them, they can call upon (pray to) the Lord Jesus for salvation and their souls will be at rest.

You're changing subjects a lot. His charges weren't that he claimed to be God and even if they were I wouldn't use the enemies of Jesus as your source of truth.

The Bible teaches Christians, mere men, to go and sin no more. Jesus simply did it perfectly, but he is the example for what is possible for a man partaking of the divine nature of God.
Good luck with that!

Good luck with that!
I don't need luck.

Ephesians 4
11And it was He who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12to equip the saints for works of ministry and to build up the body of Christ, 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God, as we mature to the full measure of the stature of Christ.

14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed about by the waves and carried around by every wind of teaching and by the clever cunning of men in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Christ Himself, who is the head. 16From Him the whole body, fitted and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love through the work of each individual part.

~
FAQ: Did Jesus ever instruct anyone to pray to himself?

REPLY: Yes.

Matt 11:28-29 . . Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will
give you rest.

John 4:10-14 . .If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a
drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water.

John 7:37 . . On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a
loud voice; "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink."

When Jesus says "come" and/or "ask" he expects his audiences to reciprocate with
an RSVP.

John 5:39 . . .You diligently study the scriptures because you think that by them
you possess eternal life. These are the scriptures that testify about me, yet you
refuse to come to me to have life.

NOTE: Prayer can be thought of as rapport: defined as a friendly relationship
marked by ready communication and mutual understanding; which is the opposite
of Matt 7:22-23 wherein Jesus informs a number of super saints that he never
knew them, i.e. they somehow failed to initiate an intimate, person-to-person,
association with the one man in Christianity that matters most.
_

Matthew 11:28-30
(28) Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
(29) Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
(30) For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Rest in Jesus (YHWH).
Matthew 11:28
I will give you rest.
Psalm 37:7
Rest in the LORD.

Finding rest in the Lord (YHWH) for your souls involves praying to the Lord since it is contrasted with walking after idols (i.e., praying to idols). The believer should pray to the Lord and not pray to idols.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Jeremiah 6:16
Thus says the LORD,
Stand by the ways and see and ask for the ancient paths,
Where the good way is, and walk in it;
And you will find rest for your souls.
But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.’
Jeremiah 7:6
if you do not oppress the alien, the orphan, or the widow, and do not shed innocent blood in this place, nor walk after other gods to your own ruin.

To be under the yoke of idols would involve praying to idols.
Jeremiah 2:20
For long ago I broke your yoke and tore off your bonds, but you said, ‘I will not serve!’
For on every high hill and under every green tree You have lain down as a harlot.

To be under the yoke of the Lord involves praying to the Lord.
Take My yoke upon you.
Zephaniah 3:9-10
(9) For then I will give to the peoples purified lips,
That all of them may call on the name of the LORD,
To serve Him shoulder to shoulder (under one yoke - ὑπὸ ζυγὸν ἕνα)
(10) From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia
My worshipers, My dispersed ones,
Will bring My offerings.

The Septuagint for serving YHWH "shoulder to shoulder" in English means "under one yoke" (ὑπὸ ζυγὸν ἕνα). This accurately describes those who pray to YHWH for they are His worshipers (v. 10). By taking upon "the yoke" of the Lord Jesus demonstrates He is the proper recipient of prayer. Indeed, calling on the Lord (YHWH) in prayer with purified lips in Zephaniah 3:9 corresponds with calling on the Lord Jesus (YHWH) in prayer with a purified heart in 2 Timothy 2:22.

Zephaniah 3:9
For then I will give to the peoples purified lips,
That all of them may call on the name of the Lord.
2 Timothy 2:22
call on the Lord from a pure heart.

Matthew 11:30
My burden is light.
Psalm 38:4
For my iniquities are gone over my head;
As a heavy burden they weigh too much for me.

When a person realizes his/her iniquities have gone over their head and this heavy burden is too much for them, they can call upon (pray to) the Lord Jesus for salvation and their souls will be at rest.
Also see:

Ac 7:59, 9:14, 2 Co 12:8, 1 Co 1:2, 16:22, Rev 22:20.

Back