• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

The Lord Jesus taught He is the proper recipient of prayer after His resurrection

No, you don't.
Matthew 24
35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matthew 6
6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

You don't know what you're talking about.
Can you read this?

Matthew 24
35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Matthew 6
6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
9After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

You don't know what heresy actually is. Though you seem to despise me, it isn't actually me you despise. It's the truth I present here. You detest the truth. No one wants to believe that they are the heretic, but you are.

Your false doctrine is horrible.
Notice when I said before that you are the heretic and you detest the truth? You just proved me right by your foul reaction to Jesus' doctrine on praying.

Notice when I said before that you are the heretic and you detest the truth? You just proved me right by your foul reaction to Jesus' doctrine on praying.

This just gets worse for you.

Make it a rush to flush your heresy.
The Bible isn't heresy. I know you hate it when people quote Jesus' real teachings. Jesus never taught the bull that you do. Yours is heresy.

1. Luke 24:44-45 (cf. Acts 2:21)

The Lord Jesus also taught He is the proper recipient of prayer before His resurrection as seen here:

Acts 2:21
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the Name of the Lord shall be saved.

To call on the Name of the Lord means to pray to the Lord.
Psalm 116:4
Then called I upon the Name of the Lord; "O Lord, I beseech Thee, deliver my soul."
Lamentations 3:55-57
(55) I called upon Thy Name, O Lord, out of the deepest dungeon.
(56) Thou hast heard my voice: hide not Thine ear at my sighing, at my cry.
(57) Thou drewest near in the day I called upon Thee: Thou saidst, Fear not.

Acts 2:21 is an exact quotation from Joel 3:5 of the Septuagint -> 2:32 in our English Bibles.
καὶ ἔσται πᾶς ὃς ἂν ἐπικαλέσηται τὸ ὄνομα κυρίου σωθήσεται (Joel 3:5LXX and Acts 2:21)

Peter applied the "Lord" (YHWH) from Joel 3:5LXX (2:32) in reference to Jesus in Acts 2:21.
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the Name of the Lord shall be saved.
Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized each one of you in the Name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is no other Name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

"The Name of the Lord"
When Luke uses the expression "the Name of the Lord" in the Book of Acts it is always in reference to the Lord Jesus.
And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the Name of the Lord shall be saved
Acts 8:16
For as yet He was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 9:27-28
(27) But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord on the road, and that He had spoken to him, and how he had spoken boldly at Damascus in the Name of Jesus.
(28) And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem. And he spoke boldly in the Name of the Lord.
Acts 19:5
When they heard this, they were baptized in the Name of the Lord Jesus.
Acts 19:13
Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to name over those who had evil spirits the Name of the Lord Jesus, saying, I adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
Acts 19:17
And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the Name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.
Acts 21:13
Then Paul answered, What mean ye to weep and to break my heart? For I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for
the Name of the Lord Jesus.

The Lord Jesus taught He is the proper recipient of prayer.
Luke 24:44-45
(44) And He said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the Law of Moses, and in the Prophets, and in the Psalms, concerning Me.
(45) Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures.

Acts 2:14, 16, 21
But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them...this is that which was spoken through the prophet Joel...that whosoever shall call on the Name of the Lord shall be saved.

The Lord Jesus opened the minds of the apostles to understand the Scriptures (Luke 24:45). Included in this was the understanding of the prophet Joel in relation to Jesus (Luke 24:44).
Not only was Peter filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4) when he quoted from Joel 3:5 (LXX) in reference to Jesus in Acts 2:21, but the Lord Jesus had already opened his mind that enabled him to make this association. Thus, the Lord Jesus taught that He is the proper recipient of prayer (cf. Acts 2:21).

"The Lord" in the Old Testament is "Yahwah" our heavenly Father. AKA Holy Spirit. Yahshua instructed us to pray to the Father.

Don't change the subject coward. If Jesus didn't die you don't have a sin sacrifice. So did the immortal God die?

The invisible Father as Christ gives words to his apostle prophet Jesus . Dying mankind is given spiritual words that convey spiritual understanding from our Father. The unseen Holy Father He defines the word dead. Not Webster's dictionary.

Back