• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Sons of God....who are they?

CrowCross

Well Known Member
Reaction score
A question bible studens have asked is who are the Sons of God?

The book of Job is a good starting place to answer that question.

Job 1:6 prsents this ....6 One day the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.

later in Job we get more of an answer when God was creating...when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

The answer...in Job the sons of God are angels.

Apparently the angels (sons of God) had sexual relations with human women.

Gen 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and afterward as well—when the sons of God had relations with the daughters of men. And they bore them children who became the mighty men of old, men of renown..

Angels cannot have relations.

Matthew 22:30 - For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven. This means angels don't have relationships.

Angels are created beings, Adam was a created being, but Adam was created to have relationships.. So, loose is the term for both, is sons of God. The sons of Adam were the sons of God in Genesis 6:4.

Exodus 4:22 - Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the Lord: “Israel is My son, My firstborn.
You see here The Lord calls Israel His son, or son of God

Luke 3:38 - the son of Enoch, the son of Seth, the son of Adam, the son of God.
As you can see in Luke, That Adam is referred to as the son of God.

Matthew 22:30 - For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God in heaven. This means angels don't have relationships.
Didn't they leave their first estate?

BTW....wouldn't angels have to be gay to get married in heaven? They are all males...right?

Angels are created beings, Adam was a created being, but Adam was created to have relationships.. So, loose is the term for both, is sons of God. The sons of Adam were the sons of God in Genesis 6:4.

Exodus 4:22 - Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the Lord: “Israel is My son, My firstborn.
So, Job means nothing? Were not the angels called sons of God?
The angels mantioned in Job were there during creation....Adam wasn't with the exception of when Eve was made.

Didn't they leave their first estate?

BTW....wouldn't angels have to be gay to get married in heaven? They are all males...right?

So, Job means nothing? Were not the angels called sons of God?

The angels mantioned in Job were there during creation....Adam wasn't with the exception of when Eve was made.
1 Angels are neither male nor female. I've seen them
2 Job is inferred in my answer of loose terms, in many places. Those in Christ are Sons of God also. Romans 8:14
3 I don't know what you mean about Adam.

1 Angels are neither male nor female. I've seen them
Well then....some how they mated with humans in Gen 6....but to be biblical angels in the bible are never addressed as she or it....nor do the angels wear female clothes.

But, I have to ask, how do you know they were not males...did you see them in their angel buff?
2 Job is inferred in my answer of loose terms, in many places. Those in Christ are Sons of God also. Romans 8:14
...For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God....Were those sons of God present when the world was created like Job presents?
3 I don't know what you mean about Adam.
You called Adam a "son of God"....but God wasn't referring to people in Job.

Why would that be....and not angels? (or perhaps the watchers)
I know Marvel comics has a character called "Watchers." Are you sure you're not bringing outside philosophy into our biblical doctrine?

Angels are spirit beings and have no body. Like wind they are immaterial. You can't see them. And they don't have creative attributes.
To make angels to marry human women and have babies is outside reasonable realm UNLESS Scripture clearly says they did but Scripture hasn't said this. Making angels have babies with human women is impossible and only live in the fantasies of those who don't know God ("you do err not knowing the power of God nor the Scriptures") and those who have no reverence or respect for God's Word.

I know Marvel comics has a character called "Watchers." Are you sure you're not bringing outside philosophy into our biblical doctrine?
No. Watchers are mentioned in the Bible... 3 times in Daniel.
Angels are spirit beings and have no body.
Angels can have bodies. Remember how the grabbed Lot and pulled him? Gen 19:16...was this an angelic force fiels or a physical touch?
Like wind they are immaterial. You can't see them. And they don't have creative attributes.
Did mary see Gabriel?
To make angels to marry human women and have babies is outside reasonable realm UNLESS Scripture clearly says they did but Scripture hasn't said this.
Gen 6 as well as the book of Enoch.
Making angels have babies with human women is impossible and only live in the fantasies of those who don't know God ("you do err not knowing the power of God nor the Scriptures") and those who have no reverence or respect for God's Word.
You need to move away from the angels presented to you when you were 5.

Job 1:6 prsents this ....6 One day the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.

later in Job we get more of an answer when God was creating...when the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Gen 6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and afterward as well—when the sons of God had relations with the daughters of men. And they bore them children who became the mighty men of old, men of renown..
The Elect of God are the Sons of God. The word Nephilim translates as "fallen ones." It means that they were of a very low moral grade.

The Elect of God are the Sons of God. The word Nephilim translates as "fallen ones." It means that they were of a very low moral grade.
Not in Job or Genesis....the sons of God refer to the created angels.

Not in Job or Genesis....the sons of God refer to the created angels.
Genesis 6:2
the sons of God saw that the daughters of (humans / men) were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.

Genesis 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of (humans / men) and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

the sons of God saw that the daughters of (humans / men) were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose.

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of (humans / men) and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.
The nephlim were heros of old...

I think the "sons of God" in Genesis 6:4 were believers in the godly spiritual line of Seth and Enosh (cf. Genesis 4:26).

These believers eventually intermarried with those who were not, and the earth became more corrupt.

I think the "sons of God" in Genesis 6:4 were believers in the godly spiritual line of Seth and Enosh (cf. Genesis 4:26).

These believers eventually intermarried with those who were not, and the earth became more corrupt.
Sons Of God

All who will inherit life immortal will be gods.

Psalm 82:6
“I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’ 7 But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler.”

the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took any they chose as wives for themselves.

The Nephilim were on the earth both in those days and afterwards, when the sons of God came to the daughters of men, and who bore children to them. They were powerful men of old, men of renown.

[Nephilim translated means "Fallen ones." They were [men] who were of a very low moral grade.]

Job 1:6
One day the sons of God [men] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.

Job 2:1
One day the sons of God came again to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them to present himself before the LORD.

Job 38:7
while the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Hosea 1:10
“Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, because they will be called sons of God.

Luke 20:36
For they cannot die anymore, because they are like [angels / messengers] and are sons of God, since they are sons of the resurrection.

Galatians 3:26
for you are all sons of God through faith in Messiah Yahshua.

John 10:33-34
33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be (a God)."
34 Yahshua answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? 35If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

Yahshua was asked if he was the Messiah, he was not asked if he was God. It has always been understood that the Messiah would be a god from Heaven.

John 10:24
The Jews who were there gathered around him, asking, “How long will you keep us in suspense, if you’re the Messiah, tell us plainly?”

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:19
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Galatians 4:6
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Philippians 2:15
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Genesis 6: It should be noted that this is the first reference to “sons of God” in the Bible. This exact phrase is found only three other times in Hebrew in Job, where it is a reference to angels. We must ask, is it proper to apply the definition found in a later book of a different genre to this very first [and ONLY] reference in Genesis?

The masterful Old Testament scholar G. Ch. Aalders (BSC*)re: 'angels' translation in Gen. 6, states, “This view is, in our judgment, untenable….it [sons of God] refers exclusively [here in Genesis Six] to the world of human beings.”​

Prof. Aalders cites Hosea 1:10 which is a reference to God’s chosen people as “sons of the living God.”

I would offer one problem I have noticed is the use of what some call an "invisible creation" called an "angel." A fake word sounds like the Greek Angelos but a entirely different meaning rather than sent messengers (apostle) the true translation Some call apostles patron saints l. At the same time destroying the word apostle sent messenger by changing it into highly venerable ones. puffed up one .And when they die they become what some call patrons saints a legion of false gods in the likeness of man

Same with old testament Malak "sent messenger" (apostle) How beautiful are their feet

Sons of Adam are not called sons of God That term would be sons of men or daughters of men (non converted) .

Sons of God speaks of our second birth beginning with Able A man must be born again of God .

Genesis 6: It should be noted that this is the first reference to “sons of God” in the Bible. This exact phrase is found only three other times in Hebrew in Job, where it is a reference to angels. We must ask, is it proper to apply the definition found in a later book of a different genre to this very first [and ONLY] reference in Genesis?
The Sons of God are angels. Believed to be the Watcher angels.
Translated as "angels of God" in some early versions of the septuagint. This means many Hebrews understood Gen 6 was talking about angels producing hybrids with the daughters of men.

The Sons of God are angels. Believed to be the Watcher angels.
Translated as "angels of God" in some early versions of the septuagint. This means many Hebrews understood Gen 6 was talking about angels producing hybrids with the daughters of men.

You would have to prove in a creation called angels .

Are you saying angels were not created?
I am saying no such thing it is a oral tradition of men

There are Apostles sent messengers (UPS FedEx Amazon)

How beautiful are their feet shod with the gospel of peace

Back