• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Some things written by the RCC are shocking.

Philip.... Pierre was a busy man.

Acts 9:31-32 The CHURCH THROUGHOUT all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria was at peace. It was being built up and walked in the fear of the Lord, and with the consolation of the holy Spirit it grew in numbers.

As PETER was passing THROUGH EVERY REGION, he went down to the holy ones living in Lydda.
Relevance?

Why is it that Catholics seldom answer questions directly? Not a single question up to this point (post #20)has been given an answer by a Catholic ,but rather a deflection.

My response contradicts the other posters comment.
I don't see that it is even connected. Please explain. What does Peter have to do with it?

I don't see that it is even connected. Please explain. What does Peter have to do with it?
a believer... I said Philip
not the pope.... I said Peter made his rounds to the entire church

A confusing response to my answer to your (seemingly irrelevant) question.
Philip.... Pierre was a busy man.
Is it significant that it was Philip? Could no other Disciple of Jesus have explained the Gospel? I do not see your point. I said the HS sent a believer and Philip WAS a believer.

Acts 9:31-32 The CHURCH THROUGHOUT all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria was at peace. It was being built up and walked in the fear of the Lord, and with the consolation of the holy Spirit it grew in numbers.
Relevance to the question (or my answer)? It feels like a non sequitur.

As PETER was passing THROUGH EVERY REGION, he went down to the holy ones living in Lydda.
I did not deny Peter was a believer, only that Peter was the ONLY BELIEVER through whom the HS could, would, or did build the CHURCH. It is the RCC tendency to worship PEOPLE that I am opposed to. The BIBLE says that is WRONG!

I did not deny Peter was a believer, only that Peter was the ONLY BELIEVER through whom the HS could, would, or did build the CHURCH. It is the RCC tendency to worship PEOPLE that I am opposed to. The BIBLE says that is WRONG!
Maybe your definition of worship is different.

a believer... I said Philip
I said "a believer". Philip was a believer. I do NOT stand corrected.

not the pope.... I said Peter made his rounds to the entire church
Philip is NOT the pope and Peter was NOT sent to the eunuch. You asked who was sent to the eunuch, I said "a believer, but not Peter" and I spoke truth. I do NOT stand corrected ... Peter did NOT speak to the eunuch. Unlike the current teaching of the RCC, the POPE (Peter) is NOT the exclusive authority ... God (via the Holy Spirit) works through ANY believer He chooses to use (or directly through His Written Word).

I said "a believer". Philip was a believer. I do NOT stand corrected.

Philip is NOT the pope and Peter was NOT sent to the eunuch
Philip was not a pope... Peter was the first pope

Offer prayers to ... Obey above the inspired Word of God ... stuff like that.
There is a difference between veneration of Mary and worship of Jesus. This was formalized in writing way back in 757 AD at the Seventh General Council:

Latria - adoration that is given to the Trinity alone; occurs 5 times in the Bible but always refers to God (Jn 16:2, Rm:9:4, 12:6, Heb 9:1,6)

Hyper-dulia - veneration to Mary (as the mother of God)

Dulia - honor paid to saints and angels; occurs 5 times in the Bible (Rm 8:15, 21; Gal 4:24, 5:1; Heb 2:15)

I know ... and the HS did NOT send Peter (your First Pope) to the eunuch.
Correct... Philip was assigned that task by the Holy Spirit... part of His Catholic Church

Nope, they practiced IMMERSION of BELIEVERS ... making them ... His BAPTIST Church. ;)
Baptists never received the keys, nor did they have hands laid on them through the proper authority.

Baptists never received the keys,
Neither did Bishop Linus of Rome.

nor did they have hands laid on them through the proper authority.
:cool: We consider the Holy Spirit a "proper authority" even if corrupt old men in funny hats refuse to ... so "agree to disagree".

However, that only applies to MODERN BAPTISTS who had to start over after we read the Bible for ourselves and discovered just how APOSTATE Rome had become in 1600 years of Human decisions abrogating the Word of God. We were speaking of the FIRST CENTURY CHURCH ... was Jesus also not a "proper authority"? THEY are the ones that practiced CREDO-BAPTISM by IMMERSION [the defining characteristic of Baptists completely rejected by the RCC.].

Neither did Bishop Linus of Rome.
How did you know Linus was a Bishop?
How did you know Linus was in Rome?
However, that only applies to MODERN BAPTISTS who had to start over after we read the Bible for ourselves and discovered just how APOSTATE Rome had become in 1600 years of Human decisions abrogating the Word of God.
Fortunately, Christ gave authority to His Church with no expiration date, as well as the Holy Spirit to lead The Catholic Church.

How did you know Linus was a Bishop?
How did you know Linus was in Rome?

Fortunately, Christ gave authority to His Church with no expiration date, as well as the Holy Spirit to lead The Catholic Church.
That's the RCC mythology. :poop:

We were speaking of the FIRST CENTURY CHURCH ... was Jesus also not a "proper authority"? THEY are the ones that practiced CREDO-BAPTISM by IMMERSION [the defining characteristic of Baptists completely rejected by the RCC.].
I missed your response to THIS point.

Back