• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Questions for Dispy’s

Carbon

Admin
Reaction score
Faith
Reformed
Country
USA
Marital status
Married
Politics
Conservative
The millennium, is it a return to types and shadows?
If Jesus is the true temple, why would the temple be rebuilt during the millennium?
Why would animals be sacrificed during the millennium, when Christ's death on the cross did away with them?
How can there be people on Earth in unresurrected bodies after Christ comes back and raises the dead?

Riddlebarger

If Jesus is the true temple, why would the temple be rebuilt during the millennium?
Why would animals be sacrificed during the millennium, when Christ's death on the cross did away with them?
How can there be people on Earth in unresurrected bodies after Christ comes back and raises the dead?

Riddlebarger
Yes if you think about it all its ridicules if Christians asked themselves these questions they would figure it out

Carbon said:

Riddlebarger
Yes if you think about it all its ridicules if Christians asked themselves these questions they would figure it out
I don't think Christians are given the insight to figure this out, until they see him as he is.

But I think this POV hints at it: The eternal is the solid reality, compared to the vapor of this temporal realm. WE look at everything backwards —what we consider literal is only the poor copy of the real thing. Thus, it is, to my mind, possible that types and shadows are THIS, and what they point to is the real, which is to come. I believe in a real millennium, but I don't think it will be even close to what WE think of when we read the Biblical descriptions. That's one reason why I don't venture far into interpreting what @Eleanor calls prophetic riddles.

Riddlebarger
The temple is not rebuilt during the millennium. It is rebuilt so that the Antichrist can step inside, blaspheme God, and mark the beginning of the Great Tribulation, and the last 3 1/2 years of the 70th week of Daniel. The temple is already here with the millennium. Why a millennium? Don't ask me, I'm not God. Why He chose not to end/destroy Satan and just be done with it is beyond my ability to answer.

Consider the other prophecies of Daniel. When Jesus Kingdom comes to Earth, it crushes the... Roman Empire. The end of all is the coming of Christ's Kingdom. However, the Roman Empire existed until 1453 AD with the fall of Constantinople. I mean, Istanbul, not Constantinople. *ba dum*.

Jesus kingdom didn't come then, so we must be looking to a revived Roman Empire, 10 toes, and clay and iron. Some believe it to be the European Common Market, now the European Union. One country already dropped out.

Back