• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Preservation Of The Saints

Not sure what you mean here about Hebrews 6 (assuming you mean vs: 4-6) being about blessing rather than salvation.

Just trying to get on the same page. Sorry for any confusion.
The Jews who left Egypt never saw the promised land. They were saved...They all "tasted' "saw"....but were not blessed to enter.

The Jews who left Egypt never saw the promised land. They were saved...They all "tasted' "saw"....but were not blessed to enter.
How do you know they were all saved? And what does that have to do with Hebrews 6:4-6?

The question that always needs asking is ‘saved from what’?

I have come to learn through the years that we are saved by God from God.
@Alive

Though I absolutely deserve it, I do not want to fall into the hands of an angry God. Thank you, Lord Jesus.

It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Hebrews 10.

My point was regarding the Israelites leaving Bondage in Egypt. They were saved…from that.

Preservation of the Saints is promised in scripture.

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. Psalm 138:8.

Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Cor 1:8.

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Phil 1:6.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thess 5:23.

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:40.

Preservation of the Saints is promised in scripture.

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. Psalm 138:8.

Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Cor 1:8.

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Phil 1:6.

And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Thess 5:23.

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:40.
And what a comfort it is, brother! I am at best an unfaithful servant. I could share a crazy thing where the Lord showed me His loving Grace during a gross period of my failure.

There is just so much proof in scripture supporting the Perseverance of the Saints, it's like a golden thread that runs through the whole bible.

Take, for instance, the teaching in scripture on election as an election unto eternal salvation. This clearly implies that when one is saved by grace, and given the grace to take the first step on the road to heaven, the believer is sure to walk this road to the very end.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
Romans 8.

For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Romans 11:29.

And what a comfort it is, brother! I am at best an unfaithful servant. I could share a crazy thing where the Lord showed me His loving Grace during a gross period of my failure.
Yes, I know what you mean.

The doctrine is likewise involved in the bible teaching that justification of believers is based on the perfect work of Jesus Christ in fulfilling right down to the last iota, as the substitute representative of his people, all the demands of God's justice.

Those of you who doubt this doctrine, the Preservation of the saints, please consider what scripture teaches,

31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
Romans 8.

Consider Christ's intercessory prayers. See the Preservation of the Saitrhs in this?

31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.
Luke 22:31-32.

Notice Jesus didn't say, "if you return" but, "when you return."

Also,

11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
John 17.

How could the prayers of Christ ever fail?

25 Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7.

Once baptized into the body of Christ no one can unbaptize themselves out of the body of Christ.
Once a son (or daughter), always a son (or daughter) of the Lord.
For once, agreed, though I doubt very much that you mean by "baptized" what I do.

Alive said:
Yes, I know what you mean.
And there is found a proper fear of the Lord. His grace alone, in the face of everything for which he should eternally condemn me; I am totally at his mercy, and there is the safest most satisfying place to be.

Bible verses related to Damnation from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance

- Sort By Book Order

Revelation 20:11-15 - And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. (Read More...)

Mark 16:16 - He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Matthew 25:41 - Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Thessalonians 1:9 - Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

Last edited:
Back