• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

No repentance for God is by our own will power alone

You have yet to give legitimate support for that that is not overlaying presuppositions onto the text. The two examples you give do not begin to do so and are not even related to the doctrine you pull out of them. I would address each in turn but I am not inclined to do so as it would once again fall on deaf ears.
Because my "overlayed presuppositions" do not agree with your overlayed presuppositions, in other words, confirmation bias you dismiss my examples without any legitimate support. Hmmmmm? And test we know that Jesus loved the man and He called the man. (Mark 10:21) So the man was loved by Jesus and called by Jesus very much like He had called the disciples. But the man went away saddened because he chose his money over the call. (Mark 10:22)

The crippled man by the pool near Bethesda was given a choice. "Jesus said to him, “Would you like to be healed?”...(John 5:6) The man did not seem to know who Jesus was because he answered, “Sir, I have no one to put me in the pool when the water is moving. While I am coming, another one gets in first.” But Jesus gave him a command, “Get up! Pick up your bed and walk.” The man chose to obey, unlike the Rich Young Ruler.

It would be the same things as @justbyfaith saying that he knows he is saved because he did what is required to be saved. That is not Christ alone, faith alone.
It certainly is.

For I appropriated His shed blood (Romans 5:9) by fulfilling the condition of a promise (Acts 2:38-39). Which is entirely faith.

Jesus is Hebrew man.
But what matters is the Covenant God made for salvation with Abram the Hebrew and later with the children of Israel and the House of Israel. Let's not muddy the waters by inserting what WE THINK His Covenants should look like.
Eternal God is not a Hebrew man

Jesus as a Hebrew man lived in a dying body of flesh. No different than a gentile . Accordingly to his law its appointed to all of mankind to die once.

The Father of al the nations informs over and over the Son of man Jesus's own dying flesh profits nothing zero . God is not man.

The wrath of God comes to those who would make eternal God, into dying mankind. Serving the creature what the eyes see temporal dying flesh of mankind (Jesus the Son of man ) . . . more than the Creator,. The Father

Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature (Jesus the Son of man) more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Kings or fathers in Israel the pagan oral traditions dying mankind in the place of God.The abomination of desolation.

God is not a Jewish man .

Saul is writing to Jewish Christians so it would be "any man" among Jews that he is referring.
And the Spirit of Christ was promised to Israel first IN the Mosaic Covenant and later THROUGH the New Covenant

The Holy Spirit gave words to Paul to write down as in . . . ..Whosoever has ears to hear the words of our invisible Holy Father let them hear eternal God

Revelation 2: 11 He that hath an (Born again) ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Why do you quote from Hebrews and completely MISS the document is written TO THE HEBREWS and thus they are the recipients of the writing and are also the context of what's being said.

If it's written to the Hebrew that same is writen to the Gentiles .

Like Abel the prophet apostle the first martyr murderd for preaching the gospel

Eternal God is not a Hebrew man
Being born of the tribe of Judah makes Him "Jewish" which derive from Abram the Hebrew.
So, yes, God is a Hebrew Man.
We know it says "God is Spirit" in John 4, but of Himself who's to say that of Himself in Eternity which is He Himself that He is not described as a Hebrew God. After all, He has decreed that His creatures bear offspring "after their kind" and if His separated people through covenant and circumcision are called "in His image, born from above, and from God," then it is not unreasonable that God not only has a masculinity but also a Genus: Hebrew.
We really don't know.
Jesus as a Hebrew man lived in a dying body of flesh. No different than a gentile . Accordingly to his law its appointed to all of mankind to die once.
Christ was prophesied in Covenant to die for His Chosen people (Israel), NOT "all mankind" for not "all mankind" are in covenant with God. And God has proceeded in His every act of Redemption of His Chosen people through Covenant.
The Father of al the nations informs over and over the Son of man Jesus's own dying flesh profits nothing zero . God is not man.
God is not the "Father of all nations." The distinction made in the Garden makes this clear in speaking to the serpent:

15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;
Gen. 3:15.
The wrath of God comes to those who would make eternal God, into dying mankind. Serving the creature what the eyes see temporal dying flesh of mankind (Jesus the Son of man ) . . . more than the Creator,. The Father
Romans 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature (Jesus the Son of man) more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Incoherent.
Kings or fathers in Israel the pagan oral traditions dying mankind in the place of God.The abomination of desolation.
Incoherent.
God is not a Jewish man
The Holy Spirit gave words to Paul to write down as in . . . ..Whosoever has ears to hear the words of our invisible Holy Father let them hear eternal God
Revelation 2: 11 He that hath an (Born again) ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
If it's written to the Hebrew that same is writen to the Gentiles .
You just made distinction between those with an "ear to hear (born again)" as opposed to those who do not have an "ear to hear (not born again), and then blur the distinction by saying His words "if it's written to the Hebrew that same is written to the Gentiles."
Like Abel the prophet apostle the first martyr murderd for preaching the gospel
THINK.
If it's only Cain and Abel WHO ELSE is alive that he preached to???

God is in fact a Jewish Man.

Heb 2:16, For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Repentance belongs to the Work of Jesus Christ,its the fruit of His redeeming death/blood.

It certainly is.

For I appropriated His shed blood (Romans 5:9) by fulfilling the condition of a promise (Acts 2:38-39). Which is entirely faith.
Fulfilling a condition in order to be given what is promised is the opposite of Christ alone, faith alone. It is no different than the Jews saying the Gentiles had to be circumcised in addition to faith in order to be saved.

Because my "overlayed presuppositions" do not agree with your overlayed presuppositions, in other words, confirmation bias you dismiss my examples without any legitimate support. Hmmmmm?
Let's not go to those types of posts. "you did it too." But you did learn something from my posts. The term confirmation bias. :)

I did indeed dismiss without discussion the two examples you gave to illustrate choice. The one of the rich young because I had already done so twice, and the pool because I was at that moment not to waste my time.
And test we know that Jesus loved the man and He called the man. (Mark 10:21) So the man was loved by Jesus and called by Jesus very much like He had called the disciples. But the man went away saddened because he chose his money over the call. (Mark 10:22)
Mark 10:17-27

17 And as he was setting out on his journey, a man ran up and knelt before him and asked him, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” 18 And Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: ‘Do not murder, Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Do not defraud, Honor your father and mother.’” 20 And he said to him, “Teacher, all these I have kept from my youth.” 21 And Jesus, looking at him, loved him, and said to him, “You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” 22 Disheartened by the saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

23 And Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!” 24 And the disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how difficult it is for the rich[b] to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God! 26.And they were exceedingly astonished, and said to him, "Then who can be saved?" Jesus looked at them and said, "With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God."
1. Jesus did not call him.
2. He was counting on his works to save him.
3. "He does not delight in the death of the wicked." It brings Him no pleasure even though He destroys the wicked.
4. Jesus points out dramatically that it is a heart change that saves, not works.
5. This shows that his heart had not been changed. He was trusting in his wealth. He wanted eternal life but not if he had to give up all that he considered his security and status in the community and follow this man Jesus.

Beginning in verse 23, we need a bit of cultural information in order to understand why the disciples were so astonished. Those who were wealthy were considered favored by God, and what Jesus was saying was contrary to that. So they ask "Who then can be saved?"

ANd what does Jesus say? "With man that is impossible---" Man can't do it. He cannot change his heart and cannot trust in Jesus instead of his wealth, in this case. He has banked on it his entire life. (As an aside, it is very similar to those who have all their Christian lives trusting in the fact that they chose Jesus, rather than God choosing them, cannot let go of that no matter what Scripture evidence is given. Fortunately even though it is impossible for them. nothing is impossible with God and He saves His people in spite of that.) For Jesus adds, nothing is impossible with God. He, and only He, can change a heart.

The crippled man by the pool near Bethesda was given a choice. "Jesus said to him, “Would you like to be healed?”...(John 5:6) The man did not seem to know who Jesus was because he answered, “Sir, I have no one to put me in the pool when the water is moving. While I am coming, another one gets in first.” But Jesus gave him a command, “Get up! Pick up your bed and walk.” The man chose to obey, unlike the Rich Young Ruler.
John 5:6 is about healing a physical illness, not being saved unto eternal life. He was counting on the waters that he could not get to on his own to heal him. Jesus is the healer, being God, and Jesus healed him.But he healed him before he took up his bed and walked, not because he obeyed. Nevertheless, there is no mention of salvation unto eternal life in that passage, and no further information on the an who was healed.

John 5:6 is about healing a physical illness, not being saved unto eternal life. He was counting on the waters that he could not get to on his own to heal him. Jesus is the healer, being God, and Jesus healed him.But he healed him before he took up his bed and walked, not because he obeyed. Nevertheless, there is no mention of salvation unto eternal life in that passage, and no further information on the an who was healed.

What do you think Jesus did when He physically healed people other than illustrating his spiritual healing in a concrete, visible way? The man had a choice. He did not have to get up and take up his bed. He could have remained in disbelief at the pool but instead chose to obey. We do not know the exact moment healing took place and it is important since such a healing was pointless unless the man obeyed. So many of God's miracles work that way. The Red Sea did not part until Moses obeyed and stretched forth his rod. The Jordan did not cease to flow until the priests were wading into it. Jesus did not do many miracles in his hometown because of unbelief.

Believing is a choice that we must make if we are to accept the gift God gives us.

1. Jesus did not call him.
“You lack one thing: go, sell all that you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.

Yes, he did using the same call He used for his disciples. "Come, follow me."

2. He was counting on his works to save him.
He was hoping that His works would save him but if he was really counting on them he would not have asked, “Good Teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

5. This shows that his heart had not been changed. He was trusting in his wealth. He wanted eternal life but not if he had to give up all that he considered his security and status in the community and follow this man Jesus.
Jesus was inviting him to be saved and he rejected it. This it is with all who are lost. If it worked the way Hyper-Calvinism says it does, Christ could have simply poured out His effectual Grace on the man and been done with it. But God does not violate the will of His creatures,

ANd what does Jesus say? "With man that is impossible---" Man can't do it. He cannot change his heart and cannot trust in Jesus instead of his wealth, in this case. He has banked on it his entire life. (As an aside, it is very similar to those who have all their Christian lives trusting in the fact that they chose Jesus, rather than God choosing them, cannot let go of that no matter what Scripture evidence is given. Fortunately even though it is impossible for them. nothing is impossible with God and He saves His people in spite of that.) For Jesus adds, nothing is impossible with God. He, and only He, can change a heart.
But He will not do it against a person's will. Each person is brought to the point of decision by the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit and if they do not resist, they will be saved to the uttermost. If they continue to resist they will fail.

Fulfilling a condition in order to be given what is promised is the opposite of Christ alone, faith alone. It is no different than the Jews saying the Gentiles had to be circumcised in addition to faith in order to be saved.
No, I can testify that when I received baptism in Jesus' Name, the Holy Ghost came in.

People have tried to say that this is like being circumcised in order to be saved; the problem with that view is that in Galatians, those who are circumcised in order to be saved receive the opposite of salvation. While those who receive baptism in Jesus' Name do in fact receive salvation according to the promise (Acts 2:38-39).

But He will not do it against a person's will. Each person is brought to the point of decision by the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit and if they do not resist, they will be saved to the uttermost. If they continue to resist they will fail.
I have heard that over and over like the free will hymn,the mantra upon which they stand no matter what is shown them in black and white, and still none have shown me that the Bible says that without their adding things to it that aren't there. So tell it to God and try and pay attention when He speaks through His word. Tell Him what He does with the wills of those He made out of dirt.

Jesus was inviting him to be saved and he rejected it.
DOES IT SAY THAT ANYWHERE IN THOSE PASSAGES?! Why do you put it in there? God have mercy on your people!
If it worked the way Hyper-Calvinism says it does, Christ could have simply poured out His effectual Grace on the man and been done with it.
What do you mean by hyper Calvinism? Yet another straw man. It is all that free will folks of any sort, argue with. Go back and read John 6 again. Try not to do it looking for a way out. Christ could have saved Him but obviously he did not intend to. The Father was not giving him to Jesus. Just as He could have called up legions of angels to save Him from the cross---but that was not the Father's will. So just as Reformed teaches (as opposed to your straw man) God bestows saving grace on whoever He pleases.

What do you think Jesus did when He physically healed people other than illustrating his spiritual healing in a concrete, visible way? The man had a choice. He did not have to get up and take up his bed. He could have remained in disbelief at the pool but instead chose to obey. We do not know the exact moment healing took place and it is important since such a healing was pointless unless the man obeyed. So many of God's miracles work that way. The Red Sea did not part until Moses obeyed and stretched forth his rod. The Jordan did not cease to flow until the priests were wading into it. Jesus did not do many miracles in his hometown because of unbelief.

Believing is a choice that we must make if we are to accept the gift God gives us.
Oh for Pete's sake. Jesus performed healings to illustrate that He is God. I am sick of this song.

Oh for Pete's sake. Jesus performed healings to illustrate that He is God. I am sick of this song.
Jesus did healing because he was anointed by God the Father with this power. Same thing with the disciples.

Luke 9
6So they set out and went from village to village, preaching the gospel and healing people everywhere.

Acts 10
37You yourselves know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee with the baptism that John proclaimed: 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how Jesus went around doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him.

Back