• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

James White

Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16
How many do you see?

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

“It” singular or one!

One:
Holy:
Catholic:
And apostolic:

One shepherd one flock! Amen!
I would offer mountains plural and not mountain singular in that parable parable they us how to understand the unseen eternal things of God living Faith as a labor of His love.

Simply the gospel shall be established in the top of all the mountains (plural) as kingdoms of this world. The kingdoms of dying mankind has become the kingdom of God in the new heavens and earth

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

The church must be:
One:
Holy:
Catholic:
And apostolic:

There is only one possible church!

The one founded by Christ on Peter and the apostles
One possible invisible church, made up of the called out ones. Ekklesia. The Greek word made up of two Greek words meaning "an assembly" and "to call out" or the "called out ones."

When asked by Jesus who Peter thought He is, Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus answered, "Blessed are you Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." (Matt 16:16-18)

What the Catholics have done is miss the revelation that God gave to Peter, and made it all of flesh and blood. For their own gain to boot. They make it to be that Jesus is exalting Peter, and Jesus would exalt no man, and that He is saying Peter is the rock upon which the church was founded, and therefore Peter is the first Pope. If one cannot see the completely illogical nonsense of that is because their eyes are blinded and and their minds scrubbed clean by the power of tradition to do so.

When in fact, the rock upon which Christ's assembly of called out ones is not Peter but his confession of faith, "You after the Christ, the Son of the living God." So the church, the assembly of the called out ones is everyone who confesses Jesus Christ as Lord with understanding of what that means---who He is and what He did. And Christ is the Head of the believers. "God has put all things under the authority of Christ (not Peter and successive Popes) and has made Him head over all things for the benefit of the church. And the church is His body; it is made full and complete by Christ,who fills all things everywhere with Himself. (Eph 1:22-23)

It is invisible because it is not contained in and limited to buildings or denominations. In those we will find both believers and unbelievers. Wheat and tares. It is invisible because only God knows who they all are, as He is the one who reveals the truth that He revealed to Peter, and He is the One who calls them out.

No misunderstand, I did not say don’t read or quote scripture, I said no one has any authority to read scripture and (all important and) make up your own doctrine or faith, cos there is only one faith and it must be revealed by Christ and taught to us by the apostolic church! Matt 28:19
In other words it can’t be that I hit “my faith”, you got “your faith”, they got “their faith”!

There is only faith for all!
This church?

A History of the Orthodox Church​

The Apostolic Church​

OR THIS ONE?

Armenian Apostolic Church​

OR???
Don't miss the entire listing here, it goes on and on

Apostolic Assemblies of Christ, Inc.

Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in Christ Jesus

Apostolic Church of Christ

Apostolic Church of Christ in God

Apostolic Church of Jesus

Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ

Apostolic Faith (Hawaii)

Apostolic Faith Mission Church of God

Apostolic Gospel Church of Jesus Christ

Apostolic Light Fellowship

Apostolic Ministerial Alliance

Apostolic Overcoming Holy Church of God

Now see the link for more.............

Enjoy.....
tipping_hat_smiley.gif

I would offer mountains plural and not mountain singular in that parable parable they us how to understand the unseen eternal things of God living Faith as a labor of His love.

Simply the gospel shall be established in the top of all the mountains (plural) as kingdoms of this world. The kingdoms of dying mankind has become the kingdom of God in the new heavens and earth

Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
The Lord’s house (singular)

One possible invisible church, made up of the called out ones. Ekklesia. The Greek word made up of two Greek words meaning "an assembly" and "to call out" or the "called out ones."

When asked by Jesus who Peter thought He is, Peter replied, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus answered, "Blessed are you Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." (Matt 16:16-18)

What the Catholics have done is miss the revelation that God gave to Peter, and made it all of flesh and blood. For their own gain to boot. They make it to be that Jesus is exalting Peter, and Jesus would exalt no man, and that He is saying Peter is the rock upon which the church was founded, and therefore Peter is the first Pope. If one cannot see the completely illogical nonsense of that is because their eyes are blinded and and their minds scrubbed clean by the power of tradition to do so.

When in fact, the rock upon which Christ's assembly of called out ones is not Peter but his confession of faith, "You after the Christ, the Son of the living God." So the church, the assembly of the called out ones is everyone who confesses Jesus Christ as Lord with understanding of what that means---who He is and what He did. And Christ is the Head of the believers. "God has put all things under the authority of Christ (not Peter and successive Popes) and has made Him head over all things for the benefit of the church. And the church is His body; it is made full and complete by Christ,who fills all things everywhere with Himself. (Eph 1:22-23)

It is invisible because it is not contained in and limited to buildings or denominations. In those we will find both believers and unbelievers. Wheat and tares. It is invisible because only God knows who they all are, as He is the one who reveals the truth that He revealed to Peter, and He is the One who calls them out.
Is it Peter’s person or confession that is declared blessed?

Is it Peter’s person or confession that received the keys of the kingdom? (jurisdictional authority)

Visible and invisible
Spiritual and physical
And supernatural the means of grace and the ark of salvation!

A city set on a hill: Matt 5:14
Light of the world: Matt 5:14
Pillar of truth: 1 Tim 3:15
Teach and sanctify all men: Matt 28:19

Unity of faith!

A mountain is pretty visible!

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Four Marks of the True Church founded by Jesus Christ on Peter, the apostles, and their successors!

One, holy, catholic (universal) and apostolic (succeeding from Christ, Peter and the apostles)

This church?

A History of the Orthodox Church​

The Apostolic Church​

OR THIS ONE?

Armenian Apostolic Church​

OR???
Don't miss the entire listing here, it goes on and on

Apostolic Assemblies of Christ, Inc.

Apostolic Assembly of the Faith in Christ Jesus

Apostolic Church of Christ

Apostolic Church of Christ in God

Apostolic Church of Jesus

Apostolic Church of Jesus Christ

Apostolic Faith (Hawaii)

Apostolic Faith Mission Church of God

Apostolic Gospel Church of Jesus Christ

Apostolic Light Fellowship

Apostolic Ministerial Alliance

Apostolic Overcoming Holy Church of God

Now see the link for more.............

Enjoy..... View attachment 678
There was a only one all those are in schism with Christ and his holy church

Rejecting of his church or his revelation is rejection of christ

Is it Peter’s person or confession that is declared blessed?

Is it Peter’s person or confession that received the keys of the kingdom? (jurisdictional authority)
Peter was declared blessed. Why was he declared blessed? "Blessed are you Simon Bar-Jonah---because this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood but by My Father in heaven." What did God reveal to him? Who Jesus is. Anyone to whom that is revealed is blessed. Blessed does not mean I anoint you as the first Pope.

His confession and the revelation gave him the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Were they literal keys? No. So what does Jesus mean when He says, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

It specifies how the apostles in the Bible are foundational to the His called out ones, and they, what they teach, has binding and loosing powers. That is they lock and unlock doors. They open it to those who confess the same revelation that was given to Peter, and close them to those who do not. The apostolic foundation of His called out ones, those who are of His church is laid in the written word of the Scriptures, and are now the keys of Christ's authority in His church (Eph 2:20;3:5) through the power of the Spirit. (Matt 18:18)

The Catholics are taking what only belongs to Christ for themselves and that is atrocious and pompous and arrogant and will be burned in the fire as so much hay and stubble. Whether anything at all remains is yet to be seen, but taking for itself the very foundation that belongs to only the Bible apostles, is built on a whole different foundation. The wrong foundation.

Peter was declared blessed. Why was he declared blessed? "Blessed are you Simon Bar-Jonah---because this was not revealed to you by flesh and blood but by My Father in heaven." What did God reveal to him? Who Jesus is. Anyone to whom that is revealed is blessed. Blessed does not mean I anoint you as the first Pope.

His confession and the revelation gave him the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Were they literal keys? No. So what does Jesus mean when He says, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."

It specifies how the apostles in the Bible are foundational to the His called out ones, and they, what they teach, has binding and loosing powers. That is they lock and unlock doors. They open it to those who confess the same revelation that was given to Peter, and close them to those who do not. The apostolic foundation of His called out ones, those who are of His church is laid in the written word of the Scriptures, and are now the keys of Christ's authority in His church (Eph 2:20;3:5) through the power of the Spirit. (Matt 18:18)

The Catholics are taking what only belongs to Christ for themselves and that is atrocious and pompous and arrogant and will be burned in the fire as so much hay and stubble. Whether anything at all remains is yet to be seen, but taking for itself the very foundation that belongs to only the Bible apostles, is built on a whole different foundation. The wrong foundation.
Then Peter must be special and chosen as it says in acts 15:7

Christ established the church on the apostles eph 2:20

Scripture and tradition

T
Do you mean the temple made of stone . God does not dwells in temples made with the dying hmds as a will of mankind
the new covenant church
Mystical body of Christ
Communion of saints

Matt 16:18 Jn 10:16
How many do you see?
According to you, unless you are an apostle you shouldn't be using scripture to make a point. See your previous statement below:
Saints must submit to the teaching of the apostles the light of the world and the pillar of truth!

No Christian has the authority to read scripture for yourself and decide your own doctrines or beliefs!

Be consistent. Don't quote scripture to make a point. (Unless you are an apostle)
:poop:

Then Peter must be special and chosen as it says in acts 15:7
He was chosen. Chosen to belong to Christ, not to be the first Pope in a never ending line of Popes, as there is no such thing found in the Scriptures.

And after there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. (Acts 15:7)Anything in there about Peter being Pope, the first in an eternal succession of Popes?
Christ established the church on the apostles eph 2:20
Let's not cut Paul off mid sentence or mid thought.

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

Do you know what a foundation is? How many times is a foundation laid?

Last edited:
In the thread titled Do you need to be baptised to be saved ( including poll) James White was brought up to Wycliffs_Shillelagh by Dave_Regenerated

Having been unfamiliar with him myself I did a shallow dive.... and came up with this.

Not wanting to take that thread in a new direction... although they are tied together at the hip this is what I found.... for those, who like myself and @Andia and @Wycliffs_Shillelagh may not be familiar.

Certainly the following link is an interesting read ... and more baptism confusion then settled IMHO.

Dave_Regenerated,

You asked Jarrod... "Do you live near James White?"

Followed up with.... "It seems pretty impossible to me that you are a Christian and don't know who James White is. I'm sorry, I just don't buy it. But I guess it could be better in general." ....You did not say based on where they live in relation to each other BUT said It seems pretty impossible to me that you are a Christian and don't know who James White is.

So I went hunting.....

Just the same as I had to look up Dr. Jack Cottrell last year as another member was always referencing him as their favorite theologian and I, admittedly, was clueless on that, published, one too.

But back to James White.

Yes, indeed....A very interesting read here. And according to James White not only am I not a Christian... my entire Presbyterian lineage back through time is evidently is also not Christian.... because according to him they error on calling Baptism a sacrament.
Which seemingly makes us Presbys non Christian at all, in his opinion.........

This is from https://www.patheos.com/blogs/davea...l-regeneration-refutation-of-james-white.html

Titled "Baptismal Regeneration: Refutation of James White"

And further into my shallow diving on him.. turned up this.

Ahhhhhhhh... View attachment 549

So now we know a bit of James White. For someone who allegedly should be known in the Christian world, my shallow dive showed not much on his beliefs... only those written in the link above....
I was/am aware of James White in two areas: one is his debates on King James Onlyism (is that a word?) and the other was his video/post subsequent to Hank Hannagraff's conversion. The latter was more a matter of timing, that's when I discovered the former. I appreciate his work in the KJVo capacity, having grown up in that environment and studying my way out.

Back