• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

Is Christ's Presence IN the Sacraments at Communion?

Is Christ's Presence IN the Sacraments at Communion?

• Yes; in order to receive spiritual benefits

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No; only to be done in remembrance of Him

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I don't know; I just follow the crowd/church

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care because it is not that important

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other; reply below

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
It is not his flesh that is week but ours!

Matthew 26:41
Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

His flesh crucified is our salvation and our holy communion in his grace!

It is our weak flesh not to believe His words! “This IS my body”!

Where does the Bible say it requires a ministerial priesthood?
He ordained the apostles priests when he commanded them:
Luke 22:19
And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

The Greek word used that is translated "communion" in the Bible you are using is koinonia. According to Strong's Concordance it means fellowship. In it usage: literally partnership (A) contributory help, participation, (b) sharing in, communion, (c) spiritual fellowship, a fellowship in the Spirit. Many translations translate it "participation." So it is not eating human flesh or drinking blood---both things prohibited by God---but it is a remembering of our union with Christ through the sacrifice of His body and the shedding of His blood, and our union with one another in Him. It isn't eating and drinking, it is sharing in the blood of Christ.

And that is why it is so important to not make it something it isn't and to not abuse it as the Corinthians were.
The cup we (his priests) bless is the blood of Christ

Hi thanks for the reply .

Which body? His new body as a born again as son of God, therefore spiritual not seen or His dying body used as demonstration of the power of the one Holy Father not seen pouring out his spirit life on the Son of man Jesus flesh

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

I would ask define the word dead. And remember Peter our brother in the Lord went to town preaching lies and said John will die. What did Jesus say??
There is also his mystical body the church

There is also his mystical body the church
Yes it's called the spiritual house made of many lively stones (pétros lively Peters)) Christ the invisible "mystical head" or cornerstone

1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones (pétros,) are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual Not seen) sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

Where does it say it must be in scripture?

Where does it say “all truths revealed by God are in scripture”?

Christ founded a church to teach and sanctify all men! Matt 5:14 Matt 6:33 matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:29 Jn 20:21 1 Tim 3:15

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

He ordained the apostles priests when he commanded them:
Luke 22:19
And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.
Who were the apostles present when He said that? The "them" in that passage?

Where does it say it must be in scripture?

Where does it say “all truths revealed by God are in scripture”?
Where else would it be and be of God? His truth.

Christ founded a church to teach and sanctify all men! Matt 5:14 Matt 6:33 matt 16:18-19 Matt 28:29 Jn 20:21 1 Tim 3:15

Christ and his church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

I would offer. .

We must be careful how we hear who we do, or say we do. He warns (1 John 2) of those who say dying mankind must teach us and not the promised Holy Spirit our teacher, comforter and guide who alone brings to our memory the previous thing he has taught( John 14)

Christ as the anointing Holy Spirit of God . He alone the invisible head.

.Is there no invisible head in the Catholic church and it's like. . . What you see is what you get? That's all folks .Or at least it is how it seems to those that have no visible head as a daysman (dying infalible interpreter )what you must call Pope ?

Colossians 1:15Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

The image of the invisible God. . . not likeness. . which are a legion gods as patron saints in the likeness of dying men

Acts 14:10-12 Said with a loud voice, Stand upright on thy feet. And he leaped and walked.And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lifted up their voices, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come down to us in the "likeness of men". And they called Barnabas, Jupiter; and Paul, Mercurius, because he was the chief speaker

Those were examples.... reread John 6 and tell me if you really think the chapter is a parable or your preconceived notions on the bread.
Thanks I can try

Examples used as parable using the temporal things seen to give the demonstration of His Faithfulness

( Purple) my understanding

John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath (not will have) eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth (not will dwell) in me, and I in him. As the living Father Not send Jesus as the father He was a shdow of the powre as somns of God hath sent me, and I live by the Father:(not as the Father) so he that eateth (continual eats daily bread) me, even he shall live by me.This is that bread (the as the will of the father) which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying;(Cutting to the unbelieving Jewish flesh ) who can hear it? When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?

Simply they were hoping thier jewish flesh and blood as meat could profit they were not informed of the meaning of the parable. The true prophets were given the spiritual understanding, God's interpretation below

John :31-33King James Version31 In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat. But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat? 34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

John saying in a sense You are trusting in the flesh of dying mankind it profits for nothing . What will, you do if I disappeared does it offended?

Exposing the foundation of Paganism ."Out of sight out of mind" .No eternal; God In effect . . .take a hike, a long walk off a short pier LOL

John 6: 62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Thanks I can try

Examples used as parable using the temporal things seen to give the demonstration of His Faithfulness

( Purple) my understanding

John 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath (not will have) eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth (not will dwell) in me, and I in him. As the living Father Not send Jesus as the father He was a shdow of the powre as somns of God hath sent me, and I live by the Father:(not as the Father) so he that eateth (continual eats daily bread) me, even he shall live by me.This is that bread (the as the will of the father) which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying;(Cutting to the unbelieving Jewish flesh ) who can hear it? When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
Jn 6:66 [interesting number for those that did not believe Christ's words].
John 6: 62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.
Notice it says 'the flesh profits nothing' not 'my flesh profits nothing'

Jn 6:66 [interesting number for those that did not believe Christ's words].

Notice it says 'the flesh profits nothing' not 'my flesh profits nothing'
Hi thanks

Christ's words our unseen spiritual head or the oral traditions of dying mankind that you must call fathers?

666 It represent natural man non redeemed mankind. Have you been redeemed? .

His flesh was the same as anyone else. Why not his dying body ? My flesh means my flesh . Peter confirmed he said .You have words eternal life not dying flesh of eternal life You could say the kind of word that say "Let there be" and the testimony seen was "God alone God

He became man and ascended into Heaven. Do you believe His words though? Jn 6:55 For MY FLESH IS TRUE FOOD, and my blood is true drink.
I covered that in 54.

The Son of man dying mankind did not enter heaven as all of mankind all die not receiving the promised body as new creatures they neither male not female Jew nor gentile The living promised. not limbo or purgatory

Then you are drinking blood.
Jn 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?

53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

Back