• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.

GOD CREATED MAN (ADAM) SINFUL

@TMSO

I disagree, I believe in the beginning he was just the federal head for the elect. They were the sons of God made in the image of God Lk 3:38

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.
So there are no sinners, just the elect? There is a reason why Hebrews talks about those in Adam and those in Christ. We were all in Adam, but as the elect, we were,are, will be in Christ. I canot say, but I would say that Adam is being referred to as the son of God, as God's first creation. All are born in Adam, but the elect have the second Adam, Christ. (My understanding)

So there are no sinners, just the elect? There is a reason why Hebrews talks about those in Adam and those in Christ. We were all in Adam, but as the elect, we were,are, will be in Christ. I canot say, but I would say that Adam is being referred to as the son of God, as God's first creation. All are born in Adam, but the elect have the second Adam, Christ. (My understanding)
For accuracy. The translators of the KJV added the words "son of" but they are not in the best Greek manuscripts. But I would understand it "son of" just the same.

For these initial reasons and Scripture I believe God created the first man and woman (Adam and Eve) sinful.
When God declared all His creation good, was he including sin as good also?

When God declared all His creation good, was he including sin as good also?
What's your understanding of the word "good"?
Define the word and I'll give you my understanding.

Not worth the effort, and you wouldn't accept it anyway.
Nah. You failed. You add to the Word of God things not there. Of course, you couldn't withstand the Word of God.
AS WRITTEN.

Okay thanks for your answer.
The word "good" means "good" [enough], or "to specification."
God was pleased with the result of His creation that He declared it "good" or "to specification."
We say the same thing with a job well done.

For accuracy. The translators of the KJV added the words "son of" but they are not in the best Greek manuscripts. But I would understand it "son of" just the same.
Adam is the progenitor of all mankind, save one. Jesus. He was the federal head of all humanity, and by his sin and fall... sin natures for everybody!!! For by one man sin entered the world, and through sin, death. With Christ as the new Adam, believers instead enter life, and are slaves of righteousness to life.

The word "good" means "good" [enough], or "to specification."
God was pleased with the result of His creation that He declared it "good" or "to specification."
We say the same thing with a job well done.
So then, God is like us. When He says something is good, it actually means it is good enough.

Oh okay.

So then, God is like us. When He says something is good, it actually means it is good enough.

Oh okay.
Depends on what He's doing and the context. You know that, Fog.

Adam is the progenitor of all mankind, save one. Jesus. He was the federal head of all humanity, and by his sin and fall... sin natures for everybody!!! For by one man sin entered the world, and through sin, death. With Christ as the new Adam, believers instead enter life, and are slaves of righteousness to life.
You cannot bifurcate and disconnect Jesus from Adam (Lk. 3:23ff.)

"We" were once slaves of the strong man (sin.)

The thief (sin) cometh to steal, kill, and destroy! Satan can do none of this. Especially since he's locked up (2 Peter 2:4.)

Sin natures for everyone!

Righteousness for the elect!

Depends on what He's doing and the context. You know that, Fog.
So when God finished His work of creation He said it was good because it was good enough.
Does God call evil good and good evil?

So when God finished His work of creation He said it was good because it was good enough.
Does God call evil good and good evil?
In Genesis 1:31, the verse states, "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." This passage is part of the creation narrative in the book of Genesis, describing God's assessment of the world after he had completed the creation. In this context, the term "good" is generally understood to mean that everything in creation was morally and aesthetically excellent, reflecting the perfection of God's work.

In Isaiah 5:20, the verse says, "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!" Here, the terms "good" and "evil" are used in a moral sense. The passage is a warning against moral confusion and the distortion of values, where people are condemned for perceiving what is truly evil as good and what is genuinely good as evil.

So, in Genesis 1:31, "good" is used in a positive and affirming sense to describe the perfection of God's creation, while in Isaiah 5:20, "good" and "evil" are used in a moral sense to highlight the dangers of moral confusion and the inversion of values. The use of "good" in Genesis is not directly opposite to the use of "evil" in Isaiah; rather, the contrast between good and evil in Isaiah is presented in the context of moral choices and perceptions.

Now, what is your understanding of the word "good" in Genesis.
Are you interpreting it as "moral" good when there's another word for that but not in the Genesis narrative.

For by one man sin entered the world, and through sin, death.
The problem is that you need your "Proof text" to say that "SIN ENTERED ALL HUMANS". But since it didn't, your claim is false.

I didn't SIN because of ANYTHING ADAM DID, and I have EXACTLY THE SAME HUMAN NATURE Adam did when he was created.

I was completely capable of SINNING ON MY OWN - just like Adam did, and Eve did before him. SO were you.

The problem is that you need your "Proof text" to say that "SIN ENTERED ALL HUMANS". But since it didn't, your claim is false.

I didn't SIN because of ANYTHING ADAM DID, and I have EXACTLY THE SAME HUMAN NATURE Adam did when he was created.

I was completely capable of SINNING ON MY OWN - just like Adam did, and Eve did before him. SO were you.
You say, "human nature." Can't bring yourself to call it what it is: a sin nature. Was that a sin nature and if not, what was it? Holy? Sinless?

You say, "human nature." Can't bring yourself to call it what it is: a sin nature. Was that a sin nature and if not, what was it? Holy? Sinless?
A HUMAN NATURE - same as Adam was created with, Jesus had, and we have also. IF Adam didn't have a "Sin Nature" when he was created, then why did he follow the "Temptation process" in James one so perfectly and let his desire conceive?? JEsus had the SAME NATURE, since HE was tempted in EVERY RESPECT AS WE ARE.

Oh okay.
As long as he doesn't add... for government work... (I can't help it. The scariest and funniest lines I have ever heard are: Hello. I'm from the government and I'm here to help. And... Good enough for government work.)

You cannot bifurcate and disconnect Jesus from Adam (Lk. 3:23ff.)

"We" were once slaves of the strong man (sin.)

The thief (sin) cometh to steal, kill, and destroy! Satan can do none of this. Especially since he's locked up (2 Peter 2:4.)

Sin natures for everyone!

Righteousness for the elect!
I didn't separate them. However, they are two beings, the first and the second Adam. You can't just say that scripture says nothing on that. We were all once under the first Adam, but by the grace of God, we are under the second. Sorry to say this... you're adopted.

A HUMAN NATURE - same as Adam was created with, Jesus had, and we have also. IF Adam didn't have a "Sin Nature" when he was created, then why did he follow the "Temptation process" in James one so perfectly and let his desire conceive?? JEsus had the SAME NATURE, since HE was tempted in EVERY RESPECT AS WE ARE.
Well of course he was human.
Tell me, what was his creative make-up? Was he created holy? Sinless?

Back