• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

GOD’S TIMETABLE FOR CREATION

Those who argue otherwise are just arguing for the evolution theory as being true and not God's words at all, making Jesus a liar when He is not. There can be no concession to the evolution theory at all.
According to the "thiestic-evos"....what Jesus said never happened.

26Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man: 27People were eating and drinking, marrying and being given in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.
They say....there was no flood.

But Frank Robert said...Regardless, my only point was that belief or denial for evolution doesn't matter for salvation. I can agree, the belief in Noahs flood doesn't matter for salvation....but what that belief does to the bible matters much.

There is a 37 page document, Radiometric Dating, A Christian Perspective Dr. Roger C. Wiens, available. All you had to do was click on it.
I believe His words over that man's word.

Why follow the white rabbit down the rabbit hole? Evolutionists do this all the time. While claiming they know evolution theory is true, they refer "naive" believers that they are to go and study science, as if they cannot share the knowledge for why they believe what they believe.

And the internet is not safe.

I am using my folks' computer because the forces behind the internet crashed my computer because they rather silenced me than argue, and I was in other Christian forums when that had happened. Yep. I blame a Christian for that. Can't say who or which forum for sure, but God knows. I am pretty sure it was not because of my stance against the evolution theory.

Jesus is Lord anyway.

Pretty much leaning towards dropping all conversations with you since our minds are made up. Thanks for sharing anyway. I leave you to God.

26Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man: 27People were eating and drinking, marrying and being given in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.

But Frank Robert said...Regardless, my only point was that belief or denial for evolution doesn't matter for salvation. I can agree, the belief in Noahs flood doesn't matter for salvation....but what that belief does to the bible matters much.
And some people do protest way too much.

It does matter for believers for abiding in Him and His words in truth in being His disciples and for bearing fruit.

There can be no lie in us in being witnesses of Him for why no believer should show any partiality towards the evolution theory. It is a false science.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us. 20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things. 21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.

26 These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. 27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

May God bless you, brother, in keeping you in truth and in the faith in Jesus Christ in these latter days where faith is hard to find and apostasy is abounding in the churches today and not just in our education.

I don't find it ironic that there are thousands, yes thousands, of Christian denominations. Why are there so many denominations. Could it be that they do not agree with each other's interpretation of the Bible or could it be that the Bible can be and is interpreted other than literally?

If Sola Fide is true then how does believing or not believing in the flood effect salvation?

See:
Is it possible God had created angels long before mankind was created?
Is it possible that those angels did not know of evil in an way?
Is it possible that one angel led one third away from Good to be evil?
Is this verse possible
Isa 45:7
7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Who said a day was 24 hours and not a period of time?
I can not believe you ask me that question. I would say over a million people believe they were. Surely you have heard some one say all 6 days were 24 hour days.

I
I can not believe you ask me that question. I would say over a million people believe they were. Surely you have heard some one say all 6 days were 24 hour days.
I have heard a few different things.
Personally, I’m not sure what to believe. Ye snd Oe both have good arguments

I

I have heard a few different things.
Personally, I’m not sure what to believe. Ye snd Oe both have good arguments
ok. thanks for the reply. I'll wait to see if anyone answers my question.

I have a question for anyone.
In Gen The forth day God made the sun and moon to rule over day and night, without sun and moon how was the first 3 days 24 hour days?
The question is....what was the light?

Rev 21 has a possible answer....23And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, because the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24By its light the nations will walk, and into it the kings of the earth will bring their glory

I hope that helps.

The question is....what was the light?

Rev 21 has a possible answer....23And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, because the glory of God illuminates the city, and the Lamb is its lamp. 24By its light the nations will walk, and into it the kings of the earth will bring their glory

I hope that helps.
Ok. Thanks for the verse. I guess I did not phrase my question properly.

Who said a day was 24 hours and not a period of time?
There was evening and morning that first day and every day since. Believe His words.

There was evening and morning that first day and every day since. Believe His words.
Even the 10 commandments mention six days...
11For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORDblessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

It's much bigger than ones belief. For example Peter wrote:

5B ut they deliberately overlook the fact that long ago by God’s word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water, 6 through which the world of that time perished in the flood. 7And by that same word, the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men.

According to you the flood never happened....which means verse 7 which is based upon verse 6 won't happen.

Twenty-one Reasons Noah’s Worldwide Flood Never Happened

There is no evidence of a world wide flood. The Biblical interpretation that you adhere to is not evidence, it is a theological belief based on a literal interpretation of the Bible. I am not trying to diminish any particular beliefs or interpretation, I am simply pointing our that there are multiple beliefs which separate Christians. Instead of concentrating on differences we can accept them and concentrate on what does matter.

Like you Frank....much of the bible has to be disregarded....as your "science" has proven the bible to be in error.
Science has not proven the Bible to have errors and discrepancies. It is the historical-critical and other methods which Biblical Scholars use that uncovers and reveals errors and discrepancies.

What do you think is behind the thousands of Christian denominations if not differences in Biblical interpretations?

What do you think Biblical Interpretations outside of Sola Fide have to do with salvation?

There was a likely a flood but just not a world wide flood.
The Noachian Flood: Universal or Local?
The archaeological record outside of Mesopotamia also does not support a universal flood model. All of the evidence, both biblical and scientific, leads to the conclusion that the Noachian deluge was a local, rather than universal, flood.​

It contradicts a literal interpretation of the Bible..

Back to basics. Does a non-literal interpretation effect our salvation?

There is no evidence of a world wide flood. The Biblical interpretation that you adhere to is not evidence, it is a theological belief based on a literal interpretation of the Bible. I am not trying to diminish any particular beliefs or interpretation, I am simply pointing our that there are multiple beliefs which separate Christians. Instead of concentrating on differences we can accept them and concentrate on what does matter.
And science says there was no literal resurrection of Christ from the dead.

But, thanks to your understanding of the flood...that didn't happen....there will be no future judgement by fire.

There was a likely a flood but just not a world wide flood.
The Noachian Flood: Universal or Local?
The archaeological record outside of Mesopotamia also does not support a universal flood model. All of the evidence, both biblical and scientific, leads to the conclusion that the Noachian deluge was a local, rather than universal, flood.​

It contradicts a literal interpretation of the Bible..

Back to basics. Does a non-literal interpretation effect our salvation?
If local...why the need for an ark? Why not just move the animals and people?

You do know water seeks its own level...if the water was 15 cubits above the mountains in that area...it would have been more than a local flood.

Why does the bible use terms such as "under the whole heaven"....was heaven just above Noahs neighborhood?

Why does Jesus speak of a ....and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man....will Jesus only take the local people?

....I mean, I could go on and on.....

And science says there was no literal resurrection of Christ from the dead.
Religion and science are separate and mutually exclusive realms of human thought. Representing them in the same context leads to misunderstanding of both scientific theory and religious belief.

From a scientific perspective, I would study the physical universe and the laws of nature by using observation, experimentation, and hypothesis testing to build theories about how the world works.

From a religious perspective, I study the Bible and the teachings of past and present religious leaders. My faith leads me to understand the spiritual world. As a Christian I believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus.
But, thanks to your understanding of the flood...that didn't happen....there will be no future judgement by fire.
There is no one right way to interpret the Bible. Different Christian denominations may have different approaches to interpretation. Some believe that the Bible is the literal word of God and should be interpreted literally, while others believe that the Bible is a complex text that can be interpreted in many different ways.

Whether my understanding is the same or different than yours, it has no relevance to salvation.

If local...why the need for an ark? Why not just move the animals and people?
I don't recall saying there was an ark.
You do know water seeks its own level...if the water was 15 cubits above the mountains in that area...it would have been more than a local flood.
Why does the bible use terms such as "under the whole heaven"....was heaven just above Noahs neighborhood?

Why does Jesus speak of a ....and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man....will Jesus only take the local people?

....I mean, I could go on and on.....
There are many different ways that the Bible is interpreted. The most common include:
Literal interpretation
Allegorical interpretation
Moral interpretation
Historical interpretation
Theological interpretation

There is no one right way to interpret the Bible. Different denominations may have different approaches to interpretation. Some Christians believe that the Bible is the literal word of God and should be interpreted literally, while others believe that the Bible is a complex text that can be interpreted in many different ways.

Again, we should focus on what we have in common and not on differences that do not affect salvation.

Back