• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

For Whom Did Jesus Christ Die To Atone?

For the Nth time, show me in the Abrahamic Covenant in Genesis 12, 15, and 17 where GFentiles are mentioned as clearly as God names Abraham and his seed.
YOU CAN'T.
Show me in the Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy where Gentiles are included and named in the Mosaic Covenant as clearly as the children of Israel are named and identified as being in this covenant.
YOIU CAN'T.
Show me in Jeremiah 31:31-34 where Gentiles are named and mentioned as being in the New Covenant as clearly as God names and mentions the House of Israel and Judah.
YOU CAN'T.
And you want to threaten me?
I never said they were. Except with Abraham they are the all nations that will be blessed through his offspring. The serpent whose head He crushed brings that element of the covenant into existence---also known as the New Covenant. And Jer 31:31-34 needs to be put into its historical context and not considered as the endgame. Even the other prophets show the endgame. "Those who were not my people, I will call My people." Paul says that means non-Hebrews (Gentiles) also.

Why do you think disagreeing with you is threatening you? Why do you think that warning you that saying Jesus will return to slaughter non-Hebrew believers and saying you are excited about this, pray for this, can hardly wait for it, is a breach of forum rules, threatening you?

When someone cannot prove their argument, they attempt to twist Scripture, add to Scripture, misinterpret Scripture, ignore the Scripture, or flat out call something strawman.
My argument has been proven by Scripture. Yours has not when it comes to non-Hebrew believers having no covenant with God. You ignore the Scripture that proves you wrong, then accuse the other person of doing that----also known as gaslighting.
Since you have the power - but not the authority from God - to excommunicate true born believers in whom Christ dwells from fellowship for no real sin - I'm going to step away from interacting with you because once the seed for banning or removal has entered the mind it's just one small itch before one acts on it.
More gaslighting. Giving warnings or temp or permanent banning is not excommunication, Christ does not dwell in persons who denigrate His stated purpose and power by saying He only atoned for Jews, when Scripture clearly opposes that, and all you have to do, like everyone else on the forum must, is control your temper and don't violate the rules you agreed to follow when you joined. I have never banned or warned anyone because of their beliefs, or because I disagreed with them, and never will. This is what caused the warning.
I know you've been raised on Constantinian Gentile theology that excluded the children of Israel and separated them from their covenants, their glory, their inheritance, etc., and you see the Hebrew Scriptures with a Gentile (non-Hebrew) perspective although all of Scripture is an history of the Hebrew people and their relationship with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and that everything having to do with salvation is OF THE JEWS, but in time I know from God that will all change and one day yet future it will be Gentiles that will be blinded and when God turns His full attention back on His Chosen people this will cause a hatred and jealousy on the Gentiles (non-Hebrews) that will culminate on their joining the Gentile nations and attack Israel, but Christ returns to the mount
of Olives and from there joins with His people and beats back everyone God has caused to attack His people and will destroy them with the breath of His mouth and a two-edged sword in His hand. The armies of heaven will accompany Him and there will be a massacre beyond anything ever recorded in history of warfare and when the dust clears only Israel of twelve tribes will be left standing. Doesn't that excite you that Israel will finally destroy all her enemies? It excites me and I can hardly wait. I pray for that and for the peace for Jerusalem that will finally come about after Christ returns.
It is not your beliefs that prompted the warning, twisted and vulgar as they are, or that would have come eons ago. It is your joy and longing and prayer for the massacre of all non-Jews. If someone said that about the massacre of Jews, they would probably not have even been given a warning but a permanent ban the second admin or mod read it. So say thank you for the grace extended to you, instead of all the gaslighting and denial. And I doubt there is anyone on the forum who would even think such a thing concerning the Jews, let alone say it.

Someone who says they are excited and can't wait for Jesus to return and destroy all the Gentile Christians is being hateful and derogatory towards them. You can believe whatever you want, and can think and feel such things all you want, but keep it to yourself. It is for that that I said if you kept it up you would be removed. Now you are simply gaslighting. Trying to turn it around on me and present me as the one who is stepping out of line and abusing my authority. How up in arms would you be if I wrote the same paragraph long sentence of hate towards Jews that you did towards "Gentile believers?" The fact is, as Christians and human beings, we should not feel that way about anyone.
Why the threat?

And here is the Scripture of what God does to the nations which are Gentiles. God says what He means and He means what He says.

17 All nations before him are as nothing;
And they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.
Isaiah 40:17.

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people
That have fought against Jerusalem;
Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet,
And their eyes shall consume away in their holes,
And their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
Zech. 14:12.

14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev. 19:14–15.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev. 20:7–9.

This is only a couple of passages of what God does to His enemies, Israel's enemies, and Christ's enemies, and my enemies. And then there's Joshua. God commanded Him to go into Canaan and utterly destroy every man, woman, child, infant, toddler, baby in the womb, cattle, even destroy their possessions. All I am doing is saying the same thing as God. Take it up with God. Those are HIS WORDS.
It isn't me who opposes it, it is Paul. I simply gave you his words, words that I believe, and you reject. You have even gone so far as to say you don't care what Paul or anyone else says about it, you are right, they are wrong.

It is an attack of Jesus if you want to know the truth about it. But that is not what prompted my telling you that you were crossing the line. It is when you said you were excited, could hardly wait, until Jesus returned and slaughtered them all. It is when you said they, the "Gentile Christians" were going to gather together against the Jews, and Jesus was going to massacre them. So, let's keep that straight.

It isn't a matter of interpreting the NT scriptures in a certain way. It is what it says, no ambiguity about it. In Eph 2, Paul is writing to Gentiles. 11.Therefore remember that at one time you Gentiles in the flesh--- called "the uncircumcision" by what is called the circumcision, which is made in the flesh by hands---12. remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated form the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world, 13. But now in Christ Jesus you who were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ. (the blood of the covenant) 14. For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility 15. by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, and reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility, 17. And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near, 18. For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. 19. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 20. built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, 21. in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. 22. In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit.

That is a covenant, and it is with Jew and Gentile alike, and it cannot be successfully argued against. The word of God cannot be broken. There were two covenants with Abraham and his offspring. One concerning the land and God as there God, which was serving the purpose of the other. All nations being blessed. Abraham's offspring refers to both aspects as Paul tells us in Romans, and I have shown you at least twice. One offspring was of the flesh only, the other was Christ, promised in Gen 3, long before Gen 17. You simply do not see Redemption as a whole but only in one small part, and you do not see the purpose of that one small part, and call it the whole. That is what you are doing.

They taught the exact opposite of what you say. Jesus died to destroy your false theory, and tear down the wall you keep rebuilding. The old covenant was with Israel alone. The NEW covenant is with believers in all nations. That is what is new about it---one of the things, the main one.

I never said they were. Except with Abraham they are the all nations that will be blessed through his offspring. The serpent whose head He crushed brings that element of the covenant into existence---also known as the New Covenant. And Jer 31:31-34 needs to be put into its historical context and not considered as the endgame. Even the other prophets show the endgame. "Those who were not my people, I will call My people." Paul says that means non-Hebrews (Gentiles) also.

Why do you think disagreeing with you is threatening you? Why do you think that warning you that saying Jesus will return to slaughter non-Hebrew believers and saying you are excited about this, pray for this, can hardly wait for it, is a breach of forum rules, threatening you?
Still trying to elbow your Gentile way into the Hebrew covenants.
I think you should stop calling yourself Gentile and accept the fact that if you are truly born again that there just might be Abraham's DNA/seed in your family ancestry. God has covenant with Hebrews, not Gentiles. God keeps His promises. He made promises to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, the twelve sons of Jacob, with the House of Israel.
He promised to redeem THEM. So, if there is no covenant between God and Gentiles and you are saved, then there is a good, reasonable possibility you have Hebrew blood in your family.
Congratulations.
I'll drink to that!

Why the threat?
Why call it a threat when it isn't one?
17 All nations before him are as nothing;
And they are counted to him less than nothing, and vanity.
Isaiah 40:17.
All nations would include Israel, so find out what that means.
12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people
That have fought against Jerusalem;
Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet,
And their eyes shall consume away in their holes,
And their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
Zech. 14:12.
You pull scriptures completely out of context and then expect me to do the work of exegesis for you in order to refute your interpretation---something that in the use of OT prophetic passages in this manner, would take an entire book to do. Others have done that work for you. Read them. I am not going to do it. I will just say that the Prophets are not always telling the future, and they always have a historical context to the time in which they were written. To make this say what you are trying to make it say about non-Hebrew believers, you have to ignore all those scriptures that would become direct contradictions, if your accusations against Gentile believers were correct. Zech is one of the most quoted books in the NT so I suggest you start there. ANd read the writings of Reformed writers on the subject of the covenants and the eschatological applications in the Prophets. Reformed is covenant oriented.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Rev. 19:14–15.
That says nothing about slaughtering non-Jewish believers.
7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Rev. 20:7–9.
That says nothing about non-Jewish believers being slaughtered.
This is only a couple of passages of what God does to His enemies, Israel's enemies, and Christ's enemies, and my enemies. And then there's Joshua. God commanded Him to go into Canaan and utterly destroy every man, woman, child, infant, toddler, baby in the womb, cattle, even destroy their possessions. All I am doing is saying the same thing as God. Take it up with God. Those are HIS WORDS.
Those in Christ, whether Jew or Gentile, are not God's enemies, Israel's enemies, or Christ's enemies. And what God told Israel to do to the Canaanite's has nothing to do with it. God did not say that about the non-Jews HE placed in Christ through faith, so you are not saying the same thing as God. What God said about it was, if you don't love your brother (in Christ) the love of God is not in you, and you are not His.

Still trying to elbow your Gentile way into the Hebrew covenants.
No I'm not. The New Covenant is not a Hebrew covenant, no matter what you think or say about it. It is called New because it is not a Hebrew covenant only as the old covenant was.
I think you should stop calling yourself Gentile and accept the fact that if you are truly born again that there just might be Abraham's DNA/seed in your family ancestry.
That is pure imagination and nowhere supported by the Bible in any way shape or form. :ROFLMAO: I was born again of the Holy Spirit, placed in Christ through faith, and not even the faith was my own but was a gift from God, and not for my glory, but for His. It is Jesus who saved me, not my DNA.
God has covenant with Hebrews, not Gentiles. God keeps His promises. He made promises to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, the twelve sons of Jacob, with the House of Israel.
That is the Old Covenant which became obsolete when the New came in. Stop trying to put new wine into old wineskins. The New Covenant is with Christ's people, the ones He died for, shedding the blood of the New Covenant. As Paule says, with Jew and Gentile alike, tearing down the wall of hostility that you think is still there, viewing it as you do through a veil whenever Moses was read. You show that you do not believe what Jesus did or have a clue what He accomplished and certainly not why.
He promised to redeem THEM. So, if there is no covenant between God and Gentiles and you are saved, then there is a good, reasonable possibility you have Hebrew blood in your family.
He promised to redeem all of creation through redeeming men who caused its corruption, in Gen 3, long, long, before there was an Abraham or a Hebrew in sight. You can go on thinking that your DNA has saved you, even though there is as much, if not more, of a chance that there is no Hebrew DNA in you if you start with Abraham as you do. Everyone is related to Adam. And even if your are related to Esau, or any of the other sons God rejected and were not part of Israel, but were in the line of Abraham, you are still related to Abraham. But God only chose Jacob who became Israel. So while you are doing all this studying, use your head. Tap into logic.

Why call it a threat when it isn't one?

All nations would include Israel, so find out what that means.

You pull scriptures completely out of context and then expect me to do the work of exegesis for you in order to refute your interpretation---something that in the use of OT prophetic passages in this manner, would take an entire book to do. Others have done that work for you. Read them. I am not going to do it. I will just say that the Prophets are not always telling the future, and they always have a historical context to the time in which they were written. To make this say what you are trying to make it say about non-Hebrew believers, you have to ignore all those scriptures that would become direct contradictions, if your accusations against Gentile believers were correct. Zech is one of the most quoted books in the NT so I suggest you start there. ANd read the writings of Reformed writers on the subject of the covenants and the eschatological applications in the Prophets. Reformed is covenant oriented.

That says nothing about slaughtering non-Jewish believers.

That says nothing about non-Jewish believers being slaughtered.

Those in Christ, whether Jew or Gentile, are not God's enemies, Israel's enemies, or Christ's enemies. And what God told Israel to do to the Canaanite's has nothing to do with it. God did not say that about the non-Jews HE placed in Christ through faith, so you are not saying the same thing as God. What God said about it was, if you don't love your brother (in Christ) the love of God is not in you, and you are not His.
Now, you're going to lie. It was a threat, and it found its mark. So, I'm just going to chill. I like it here. The Lord has me here. I was invited here. And other than disagreeing with what I post of Scripture that clearly declares the Mind of God you just might not know what I know.
But to make accusations about me because I say the same thing as God and the Scripture clearly says those things as the destruction of the nations (Gentiles) that are at war against Israel when Christ returns is not accepting reality because of your indoctrination in Gentile theology, a theology that ignores or precludes the Hebrew people with whom God has covenant is to sell yourself short.
What if I am right?
We'll just have to wait on the two Revelation witnesses to see and hear what they have to say if they say anything about God's attitude towards Gentiles and Gentile nations.

But here's something I'm working on understanding.
When Christ returns He will destroy those Gentile nations that have warred against Israel and then a couple of things will happen.
The King of the Jews sits on the Throne of David and finally gives the Jews their Promised Land, and they alone will occupy and possess it. No Gentiles. First time ever. No Gentiles. Each tribe will receive what's been promised them and more.
So, where are the so-called Gentiles that survive and the Gentile Christians/Samaritans?
From what I can gather in my studies they will occupy the land from the four corners of the earth (meaning everywhere else.) If this is true look at what happens.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
Rev. 20:7–10.

The Jews will be living in their own land and Gentiles (possibly Gentile Christians - but I'm not sure because any Gentile born again might have Abraham's seed and living in the Promised Land.)
New Jerusalem is the kingdom of heaven coming down from heaven. This is a prophecy for the Jews as it's in their theology and if in their theology you can bet, they know enough of the Scripture to know Gentiles will not be among them. So, where are the Gentile Christian/Samaritans?

Now, you're going to lie. It was a threat, and it found its mark.
If you felt threatened that is on you. It shows that you have no repentance for what you said, stand by it, and fail to see that you violated forum rules in any way. Instead of facing the facts and the atrociousness of what you stated, you only see it as a personal assault on you and your beliefs. That also is on you.
The Lord has me here.
If He does, it is not for the reasons you think it is. If you like it here, follow the rules. Everyone is expected to and you are not an exception.
And other than disagreeing with what I post of Scripture that clearly declares the Mind of God you just might not know what I know.
If what you say disagree with His word, and it does, it is not declaring the mind of God. And you just might not know what I know.
(Gentiles) that are at war against Israel when Christ returns is not accepting reality because of your indoctrination in Gentile theology, a theology that ignores or precludes the Hebrew people with whom God has covenant is to sell yourself short.
There are "Gentiles" that are at war with Israel, there always has been, always will be.That is not the issue here. When you equate them with those who are "victims of Gentile theology" you are equating them with believing non-Jews. God has no covenant with national Israel now, Christ completed the purpose it was serving---in fact for the most part they still reject Christ. The New Covenant is with all nations. That is not "Gentile theology" (not to mention, covenants are covenants, not theology. The theology in covenants is that God makes them and He makes covenant with whoever it pleases Him. He chooses.) That is what the Bible says. And you have been shown the Bible saying this countless times, so you cannot fall back on your superior knowledge and deep study to deny it. You have to deny it because you want to, and why you want to is your business, but it isn't valid. It is self serving, nothing more, nothing less, not God serving.
What if I am right?
What if you are wrong? Because if you are wrong, you are very, very, very, irrevocably wrong seeing as it denies the person and work of Christ. ANd if you are right, well I still have my hidden Hebrew DNA to trust in. (That was deeply sarcastic on purpose. Just so you know I don't buy that for a second.)
We'll just have to wait on the two Revelation witnesses to see and hear what they have to say if they say anything about God's attitude towards Gentiles and Gentile nations.
You don't actually have to wait. You could just read the epistles without the jaundiced eye.
But here's something I'm working on understanding.
When Christ returns He will destroy those Gentile nations that have warred against Israel and then a couple of things will happen.
The King of the Jews sits on the Throne of David and finally gives the Jews their Promised Land, and they alone will occupy and possess it. No Gentiles. First time ever. No Gentiles. Each tribe will receive what's been promised them and more.
So, where are the so-called Gentiles that survive and the Gentile Christians/Samaritans?
From what I can gather in my studies they will occupy the land from the four corners of the earth (meaning everywhere else.) If this is true look at what happens.
Study the other views, beside your own which is colored with premillinial dispensationalism. Then decide. No one has it all right but some are more consistent with the whole counsel of God than others. I doubt you can be bothered, but it is a wise suggestion.
New Jerusalem is the kingdom of heaven coming down from heaven. This is a prophecy for the Jews as it's in their theology and if in their theology you can bet, they know enough of the Scripture to know Gentiles will not be among them. So, where are the Gentile Christian/Samaritans?
That prophecy is not for the Jews, it is for all creation. And now you have come up with a brand new category that is nonsense. "Gentile Christian/Samaritans." It is debatable that it was in the theology of the Jews, and I do wish you knew what theololgy is and used the word properly.

But I will leave the conversation, as I am getting the feeling that pity is what you need more than instruction you won't listen to and that upsets you. May God open your eyes and your heart.

While it is my opinion this op does not deserve a reply because it is prima facie absurd, one of the most foundational errors is reported in Post 8...
Many Gentiles (and I mean "Christian") would give the textbook answer and knee-jerk response and say "Adam" (and the woman), but I will disagree and say "Abraham."
If we ignored fifteen chapters of Tanakh that might be correct but because the first fifteen chapters should not be correct that statement is neither correct or true. The covenant with Abraham did not occur in a vacuum. Everything in Tanakh beforehand leads up to God calling Abram out of Ur.
For whom did Jesus Christ die?

He died (and resurrected) for those that were in covenant with the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, a people known as the children of Israel.
Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were not Israelites...... except according to the definition provided in Romans 9:6-8 and 31-32. Human bloodline, works, and choice have absolutely nothing to do with God's covenant people. @Arial is correct: All covenants are God-initiated and have nothing to do with the privilege of genetics.
The 37 'books' of the Hebrew Scripture of Law, Psalms, and Prophets says the Promised Deliverer, Redeemer, Savior, and King died for the children of Israel.
There are 66 "books" in the Hebrew scriptures. The New Testament writers did not call their writings a "new" testament. Thay were prophets writing in the exact same vein as those found prior to the inter-testamental period. Every single one of those authors was a Jew, and a Jew living within the covenants established in Eden, with Noah, With Abraham, and all the others. God inspired them to further disclose His purpose and His meaning, things which had previously been hidden and veiled from those who were dead in sin, bound by the Law and increasingly blind and deaf in rebellion and covenant-breaking.

2 Peter 3:14-16
Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

That's you, @jeremiah1five! You do not understand the scriptures, the Jewish scriptures, Paul and the others penned, and that happens risking your own destruction. We are not carried away by such abuse of God's whole word.

2 Peter 3:17-18
You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Not only did those men expound upon God's covenant, revealing things never previously revealed by God, and expound upon the covenant relationship, again, as had not previously been disclosed, but they were prophets who, according to scripture...

2 Peter 1:16-21
For we did not follow cleverly devised tales when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, "This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased"— and we ourselves heard this utterance made from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain. So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts. But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

They were ALL Jews who were moved by the Holy Spirit and spoke from God. There are 66 books, not 37, in the Jewish scriptures. Acknowledging, accepting, and then forming religious views based on only a little more than half (56%) of God's word is what leads to error and false teaching.

Those Jews were servants of a new covenant, a covenant first made with Abraham and Jesus long before - centuries before - any Israelites existed. As Paul put it, "What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise."

The 37 'books' of the Hebrew Scripture of Law, Psalms, and Prophets says the Promised Deliverer, Redeemer, Savior, and King died for the children of Israel.
He was prophesied in the Torah:

15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
Deut. 18:15. 18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. Deut. 18:17–18.
Yes, and what that Prophet said was his blood inaugurated a new covenant, one Paul later explained was promised to Abraham.

Deuteronomy 18 does not exist excluding Deuteronomy 28, and Deuteronomy 28 God's everlasting promise included the destruction of those who did not keep His covenant. After centuries of covenant-breaking those of Israel that were not the Israel of promise murdered the Covenant Maker's Son! No murderer has eternal life.

Matthew 21:33-41
"Listen to another parable. There was a landowner who planted a vineyard and put a wall around it and dug a wine press in it, and built a tower, and rented it out to vine-growers and went on a journey. When the harvest time approached, he sent his slaves to the vine-growers to receive his produce. The vine-growers took his slaves and beat one, and killed another, and stoned a third. Again he sent another group of slaves larger than the first; and they did the same thing to them. But afterward he sent his son to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.' But when the vine-growers saw the son, they said among themselves, 'This is the heir; come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.' They took him, and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vine-growers?" They said to Him, "He will bring those wretches to a wretched end and will rent out the vineyard to other vine-growers who will pay him the proceeds at the proper seasons."

That is exactly what happened.

The very last command the promised anointed one gave before ascending was,

Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

He had first told them to go only to the children of Israel but before returning to his Father, he told them to take his teaching to every nation, not just Israel. You want us to believe you instead of him.

No, thank you.

While it is my opinion this op does not deserve a reply because it is prima facie absurd, one of the most foundational errors is reported in Post 8...

If we ignored fifteen chapters of Tanakh that might be correct but because the first fifteen chapters should not be correct that statement is neither correct or true. The covenant with Abraham did not occur in a vacuum. Everything in Tanakh beforehand leads up to God calling Abram out of Ur.

Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were not Israelites...... except according to the definition provided in Romans 9:6-8 and 31-32. Human bloodline, works, and choice have absolutely nothing to do with God's covenant people. @Arial is correct: All covenants are God-initiated and have nothing to do with the privilege of genetics.

There are 66 "books" in the Hebrew scriptures. The New Testament writers did not call their writings a "new" testament. Thay were prophets writing in the exact same vein as those found prior to the inter-testamental period. Every single one of those authors was a Jew, and a Jew living within the covenants established in Eden, with Noah, With Abraham, and all the others. God inspired them to further disclose His purpose and His meaning, things which had previously been hidden and veiled from those who were dead in sin, bound by the Law and increasingly blind and deaf in rebellion and covenant-breaking.

2 Peter 3:14-16
Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless, and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.

That's you, @jeremiah1five! You do not understand the scriptures, the Jewish scriptures, Paul and the others penned, and that happens risking your own destruction. We are not carried away by such abuse of God's whole word.

2 Peter 3:17-18
You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, be on your guard so that you are not carried away by the error of unprincipled men and fall from your own steadfastness, but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Not only did those men expound upon God's covenant, revealing things never previously revealed by God, and expound upon the covenant relationship, again, as had not previously been disclosed, but they were prophets who, according to scripture...

2 Peter 1:16-21
For we did not follow cleverly devised tales when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of His majesty. For when He received honor and glory from God the Father, such an utterance as this was made to Him by the Majestic Glory, "This is My beloved Son with whom I am well-pleased"— and we ourselves heard this utterance made from heaven when we were with Him on the holy mountain. So we have the prophetic word made more sure, to which you do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star arises in your hearts. But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation, for no prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

They were ALL Jews who were moved by the Holy Spirit and spoke from God. There are 66 books, not 37, in the Jewish scriptures. Acknowledging, accepting, and then forming religious views based on only a little more than half (56%) of God's word is what leads to error and false teaching.

Those Jews were servants of a new covenant, a covenant first made with Abraham and Jesus long before - centuries before - any Israelites existed. As Paul put it, "What I am saying is this: the Law, which came four hundred and thirty years later, does not invalidate a covenant previously ratified by God, so as to nullify the promise."

Yes, and what that Prophet said was his blood inaugurated a new covenant, one Paul later explained was promised to Abraham.

Deuteronomy 18 does not exist excluding Deuteronomy 28, and Deuteronomy 28 God's everlasting promise included the destruction of those who did not keep His covenant. After centuries of covenant-breaking those of Israel that were not the Israel of promise murdered the Covenant Maker's Son! No murderer has eternal life.

Matthew 21:33-41
"Listen to another parable. There was a landowner who planted a vineyard and put a wall around it and dug a wine press in it, and built a tower, and rented it out to vine-growers and went on a journey. When the harvest time approached, he sent his slaves to the vine-growers to receive his produce. The vine-growers took his slaves and beat one, and killed another, and stoned a third. Again he sent another group of slaves larger than the first; and they did the same thing to them. But afterward he sent his son to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.' But when the vine-growers saw the son, they said among themselves, 'This is the heir; come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.' They took him, and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vine-growers?" They said to Him, "He will bring those wretches to a wretched end and will rent out the vineyard to other vine-growers who will pay him the proceeds at the proper seasons."

That is exactly what happened.

The very last command the promised anointed one gave before ascending was,

Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

He had first told them to go only to the children of Israel but before returning to his Father, he told them to take his teaching to every nation, not just Israel. You want us to believe you instead of him.

No, thank you.
Then don't reply. Don't be double-minded.

Back