• **Notifications**: Notifications can be dismissed by clicking on the "x" on the righthand side of the notice.
  • **New Style**: You can now change style options. Click on the paintbrush at the bottom of this page.
  • **Donations**: If the Lord leads you please consider helping with monthly costs and up keep on our Forum. Click on the Donate link In the top menu bar. Thanks
  • **New Blog section**: There is now a blog section. Check it out near the Private Debates forum or click on the Blog link in the top menu bar.
  • Welcome Visitors! Join us and be blessed while fellowshipping and celebrating our Glorious Salvation In Christ Jesus.

Eternal life, given or offered?

Regeneration is the revival of the spirit. It makes the spirit, once dead in trespasses and sins, alive once again as it was when God first gave it. God regenerates the person who believes in Him.
But how can a person believe without the Spirit that regenerates him?

Part of the problem with your view of regeneration is that you do not even understand why it is called REgenerate and not simply generate.
Are you sure about that? It is called REgenerate because it is reversing the first generate. From Adam to Christ.
You do not understand by it is called born again and not simply born when it has nothing whatsoever to do with the flesh and blood, but rather it has to do with the spirit
It is called born again because we were first born in Adam. Yes it is a spiritual re-birth and not one of the flesh, and it has to do with our natural bent from being made of the dust as Adam was, that we cannot escape from. We have to be re born of the Spirit.
The spirit needs to be regenerated. It was generated first by God in the womb. When one first sins, the spirit becomes dead in that sin. It needs to be REgenerated. But of course, you think God gives a spirit dead in Adam's sin or you think the spirit comes from the "fallen" parents or some other incorrect way. The spirit comes from God (Zech 12:1; Eccl 12:7). Spirit begets spirit (John 3:6). God gives each a spirit alive and well. In sinning, the spirit becomes dead in sin and needs to be made alive again, it needs to be REgenerated, it needs to be born again, it needs to be born from above.
This is nowhere supported by Scripture but is 95% conjecture.
Yes, but He determines that based upon knowing before the foundation of the world whoever, through hearing the word of God, the word about Christ, believes in God
Prove it.
Rom 1:32 Though they know God's decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
Thanks for making my point.
Oh my, You add and take away so much and produce such contradictions to what the Bible says, it is pretty sad.
You say that often but you never actually demonstrate it. Every time you do it I show you the absence of what you claim and what is there instead.
I have shown that to you in so many ways, and yet you CHOOSE to ignore it.
If you had I wouldn't be saying you hadn't.

But not a good source.
NOT THE POINT!!! The point is if you are going to argue against the doctrines argue against what they are, not what they aren't. Every conversation with you devolves into nothingness because of this type of thing.

Are you sure about that? It is called REgenerate because it is reversing the first generate. From Adam to Christ.
What in the world does that even mean. It is called being born again because the spirit is born again.
It is called born again because we were first born in Adam. Yes it is a spiritual re-birth and not one of the flesh, and it has to do with our natural bent from being made of the dust as Adam was, that we cannot escape from. We have to be re born of the Spirit.
It has nothing whatsoever to do with the flesh. It has to do with the spirit becoming dead in sin and being made alive again.
This is nowhere supported by Scripture but is 95% conjecture.
Zec 12:1 The burden of the word of the LORD concerning Israel: Thus declares the LORD, who stretched out the heavens and founded the earth and formed the spirit of man within him:

Ecc 12:7 and the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

And you would claim that the spirits that God gives are dead at birth. Such nonsense.
Prove it.
Rom 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
Rom 8:29 For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Rom 8:30 And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

All of that begins with those who love God. They are the ones that He knew ahead of time (foreknew) that they would love Him. And those He predestined; and those He predestined He also called. Those He called He also justified and glorified. Those are the things that work together for good.
You say that often but you never actually demonstrate it. Every time you do it I show you the absence of what you claim and what is there instead.
No, you don't

NOT THE POINT!!! The point is if you are going to argue against the doctrines argue against what they are, not what they aren't. Every conversation with you devolves into nothingness because of this type of thing.
I am just going by what I read here and elsewhere about what Calvinism is and teaches. I read the stuff from Reformed Theology. I know what it says, most of the time. I read what John Gill, and others like him, say about various passages in scripture as I study them. It read from Pink. I read from Sproul. And others as well. One of my good brothers in Christ is a confirmed Calvinist, even if he doesn't always toe the line. We have been discussing this stuff for years. I haven't persuaded him, and he hasn't persuaded me. I am not likely to persuade you, and I know full well you won't persuade me.

Against that I would be very surprised if you have studied very much at all from any non-Calvinist theologians.

Re: john 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish , but have everlasting life. KJV

ἠγάπησεν
Morphology: VIAA--3S Strong's: 25 Transliterated: ēgapēsen Root: ἀγαπάω
1) of persons 1a) to welcome, to entertain, to be fond of, to love dearly 2) of things 2a) to be well pleased, to be contented at or with a thing Synonym

Some translations don't have the word "so" in the verse.

Matthew 1 .... this website let's you search for a book/chapter of the bible and then you can go to right hand side and click on GREEK ... then use a mouse to go through the Greek and at the bottom as you put cursor on a Greek word above you will give a translation. Takes a little practice.
Sorry,, the Greek word I meant was the one translated "so" in John 3:16, which is οὕτω, transliterated houto, Strong's 3779. I can't find egapesam in the verse.

Back